Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hellmonkey

[CT+CS1] Noel Match Videos & Discussion

66C is pretty nice after 2C if:

1: The opponent is showing respect

2: Cannot really reversal

3: The opponent is not using their barrier

On opponents that know about 66c 2c 66c 2c you can use that as an opportunity to use throw, 2D, or bait as part of your mixup.

Btw, are there other Noel things that people want to have demonstrated or explained? I could make more videos.

Basic Block Strings would be awesome :D

I recorded some Noel replays and I figured I'd put it up here for some critiquing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4--wOdGK9-8

Advice anyone?

Don't use her 3C and 214A too much like that. 3C does not connect on standing opponents, make sure to hit confirm it when you get them while crouching. 214A can be punished if they duck under it. Use 5A more, it is very good! Quick neutral wake up is best against Nu, careful with reverse and forward ground recover since you are a little bit vulnerable. Other than that, it is a pleasure to see a non spamming D.

Remember, only spam D when you have a ginormous amount of lag!!! :psyduck: Not really, but it works sometimes.

150% Heat 10,000 Damage Combo vs Hakumen in a corner. Practical? I think not. Awesome? Hell yeah :-)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Noel vs Rachel on nicovideo. It really shows that if the opponent is defensive, Optic Barrel is a very good way to continue the pressure. That +19 Frame Advantage is absurd if you get it off. o.O

EDIT: Oh yeah, and Noel vs Rachel on nicovideo. It really shows that if the opponent is defensive, Optic Barrel is a very good way to continue the pressure. That +19 Frame Advantage is absurd if you get it off. o.O

That's a pretty big if. While I did learn some things about using Optic Barrel on opponents that are already in some kind of stun from that video, my fundamental opinion of the move hasn't changed. Every single time that Optic Barrel A was used for pressure, the Rachel player could have punished Noel with a 5B, 6B, or even 3C.

I haven't met an opponent yet that hasn't punished me for 2C (blocked) -> 236A every time I've tried it.

I think it might be a matter of spacing most of the time he used 236A, it looked like to me his 2C hit at the very far tip. Obviously, it is not something you would want to spam. Other than that, I liked the way he used it when the Rachel would tech neutral.

It was probably intentional, since they designed it so that it can be RCed. It's not as useful as it seems, though. You can combo off of it, but because of the proration of the super, you'll start your combo at about 75% (if you hit with all the projectiles except the last), so you can only do slightly more damage than just comboing a second super after your first. In this case, they didn't RC, but were hit out of the super after the first projectile had hit and put you in stagger. However, the combo was black beat, so you could have teched out of it before they hit you with the 6A.

lol, no, I was the Noel. And I think we were too busy laughing at the time. I could barely do the BC loops. If you notice in the vid, I stop and have a "wtf" moment, then go in for the kill.

Anybody have any video links for successful matches against Arakune and Carl? I consistently lose to Arakune, and I whiff a lot of combos due to Carl's size. Visual help, please!

i think i might have seen some good ones with those 2, i'll post when i remember which videos they are.