Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fortune

[P4AU] Margaret vs. Rise

Please use this thread to discuss and contribute to the Margaret matchup against Rise. This post will be updated as members contribute.

(Thirst War for Narukami)
The Neutral Game
Long Range
  •  
Mid Range
  •  
Close Range
  •  

Offense
Margaret's Offensive Options
  •  
Rise's Offensive Options
  •  

Defense
Margaret's Defensive Options
  • If she's hit with Rise's 5D/2D analyze laser, jump the homing Platinum Disc setup. You retain air options on block in addition to the meter gain.
  •  
Rise's Defensive Options
  •  

Match Summary
  •  

I don't get this matchup either, along with Yukari. Rise has long range nonsense with her persona...so how do we approach this matchup? I still lack knowledge of matchups but I've been getting screwed over in this matchup as of late.

Rise's long range persona moves have startup and recovery for days, with the exception is Risette Field. You can easily punish her attempts at throwing her persona out recklessly in neutral, at least when she's on the ground. Fullscreen j.D might be a little tricker to deal with, and can take some cards from you if you recklessly throw out your persona in the air.

Rise is not bad at all, if you bait b+d you get 6k (as long as you have 3 meter). If she tags you with the laser that makes the disc home in on you, jump. You keep your air options on block, so it's free meter.

Her pressure is really good though, can't comment on it atm.