Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fortune

[P4AU] Margaret vs. Yukari

Please use this thread to discuss and contribute to the Margaret matchup against Yukari Takeba. This post will be updated as members contribute.

The Neutral Game
Long Range
  •  
Mid Range
  •  
Close Range
  •  

Offense
Margaret's Offensive Options
  •  
Yukari's Offensive Options
  •  

Defense
Margaret's Defensive Options
  •  
Yukari's Defensive Options
  •  

Match Summary
  •  

Awful matchup for Margaret.

She really lacks a good offensive tool air to air. j.C doesn't do the job at all, and j.2C is too unsafe to use in neutral.

Yukari just needs to high jump spam arrow and we can't do shit. Very frustrating MU, one of the worst i've played so far. Haven't found a solution yet (except picking shabrys against her :P)

Try j.214A/B or just put up a wall with 236236C to approach. 

Yukari should feel the same on the ground against Margaret. If one of the air slashes hits it'll take her back to the ground.

I honestly thought I was the only one who was puzzled about this matchup. Her arrows just persona breaks and it's not like you have a lot of normals to stop her.

It feels like I've gotten more mileage out of not even challenging her in the air. Doesn't seem like there's really much we can do air-to-air, but on the ground, seems like we win at mid-range where our pokes are faster than hers. If you manage to tag her with something, bring her to the ground and don't ever let her out of your pressure again. You give her space to do anything and she'll get away and you'll be back to square one. On the defensive, she doesn't seem to be able to really do much, and if she DPs a persona attack, the persona will usually take the hit for us and let us punish. 

This feels to me like one of our more difficult matchups, but it's not unwinnable by any means and I hesitate to really say it's out of our favor. 

Also, what do we do about Magarula? You jump and it's guaranteed massive damage, if you're on the ground, really high chance of pretty good damage. Can we guard cancel roll out?

You can guard cancel roll, but as it is unsafe, Yukari can punish you hard for it.

Margaret has many options to avoid it. AoA if magarula is done in neutral will sometime punish her. If it's done in blockstun, GC roll immediatly during the freeze of the super, and Yukari won't be able to punish you (I have yet to test it at close range, but at max range it's pretty safe).

You can also let it hit you in a yellow combo. It will deal something like 1000 damage, but you won't have to block the mixup and risk a 3k combo.

And finally, 214AB might let you escape safely, as it is projectile invul, though i have yet to test it.

Don't ever block it in the air, it's the worst situation, you have no mean to escape it afaik