Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

[CT] Jin Combos and Glitches

Or...you could skip the 5C?

I dunno, I understand the idea behind every bit of damage counting and that being able to pull supposedly impractical combos isn't such a bad thing, but you can skip the 5C and just cancel straight into a 9jB. I've seen it done to me more than once, and the only thing I'm missing is practicing it on Carl.

Sooo...

Forgive me if I'm not grasping the conversation, but I am trying and I am new to DL.

Basically the 6C > 6666 > 5C seems like a moot point. I'm assuming it's either against a jumping target or on counter.

6C > 66 > jB (You want to do a 9 jump ASAP) > air BnBs

Hasn't failed me yet, but again, I might not be grasping the idea of the 6C we're all talking about.

>.>

Don't hurt me. Please?

FUKEN SCRUB, HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE LOGIC OF 5C, GTFO, WE DON'T WANT YOU KIND HERE!

By which I mean:

1) Damage, more damage generally = more better

2) Safer, I'd rather be on the ground recovery from a whiffed/mistimed 5C than in the air next to my opponent with a whiffed/mistimed j.B

3) Easier to remember, it may seem silly, but going into a familiar bnb is comforting and easy to remember and/or muscle memory

FUKEN SCRUB, HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE LOGIC OF 5C, GTFO, WE DON'T WANT YOU KIND HERE!

By which I mean:

1) Damage, more damage generally = more better

2) Safer, I'd rather be on the ground recovery from a whiffed/mistimed 5C than in the air next to my opponent with a whiffed/mistimed j.B

3) Easier to remember, it may seem silly, but going into a familiar bnb is comforting and easy to remember and/or muscle memory

1. That is what I meant. Dunno if I covered it previously, but I do get the correlation between damage = good.

2. Execution is 9/10ths of a fighting game, if not more. That being said, the 6666 > 5C is the better option if you can pull it off. Still, I was just posing another option even if it is the simpler and less damaging one.

3. That's all relative. The only thing I commit to muscle memory is...well nothing really. For me, familiar starts at jB while others may be better at 5C. But I personally mix up my anti air game with Jin's air BnB starting at jB with his A or B DP.

All in all? Since I know that you CAN land a 5C after a CH 6C, I'll work on it. Been wondering if I could pull that off.

Thanks for showing me the error of my heretical non-5C ways.

Just some combos I managed to put together:

2C > 9B > j.C > j.D > 214A/B/C/D

A: 2120 dam. +16 Heat

B: 2514 dam. +19 Heat

C: 2576 dam. +20 Heat

D: 2675 dam. +14 Heat

Dash Start > 6B > CCC...(8 Hits) > 6C > 236B

2337 dam. + 18 Heat

6C > Dash Cancel C > 2C > 623A/B/C

A: 2391 dam. +18 Heat

B: 2443 dam. +19 Heat

C:2495 dam. +19 Heat (Corner only)

6C > 2D > Dash 6B > CCC...(8 Hits) > 6C > 623A

3027 dam. +23 Heat

6C > 2D > 6C > Dash Cancel > C > 2C > 623A/B

A: 3258 dam. +25 Heat

B: 3301 dam. +25 Heat

Corner

6C > 6D > 6C > Dash Cancel > C > 2C > 623C

3344 dam. +26 Heat

Just some combos I managed to put together:

Personally, I also prefer combos that start with 5B, 5C, j.B or j.C because they're more reliable to land than 2C or 6C.

If you'd like some staples that aren't on the first page of this thread, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqkSD7Bwyak&feature=player_embedded has a few gems. The first one alone (CH 5C 6C 66 5C 6C 66 j.B j.C JC j.C j.D 214D) upped my game considerably by giving me a 4k punish and teaching me the power of 214D.

Personally, I also prefer combos that start with 5B, 5C, j.B or j.C because they're more reliable to land than 2C or 6C.

Well, I know they aren't exactly staple, but they are unique, unexpected, and take off a pretty good chunk off of the opponent's HP, which is pretty much my reason for putting them up. I'm not exactly good with Jin.

I use those combos because they're not expected from a noob Jin. Since I can't outclass them, I make strange combos. Is it the best strategy? Hell no! But to a degree, it works for me.

I like to keep things. . . unique when I fight.

I got a combo. I don't if this was posted yet but throw>cancel first hit>snow flower storm(8th hit)>66>5c>jb>jc>jc>jd>whatever you want. You could end it with ice car but since this is an ice reset combo you can do other things as well

I got a combo. I don't if this was posted yet but

throw>cancel first hit>snow flower storm(8th hit)>66>5c>jb>jc>jc>jd>whatever you want. You could end it with ice car but since this is an ice reset combo you can do other things as well

Is snow flower storm sekkajin? Sounds like it.

If so, that's already a known one, with a grab tagged on front.

It's not actually not a bad midscreen combo off of 6A or neutral throw; it's old, but still a good combo. But I hate Sekkajin combos because I can never mash the exact amount required, I always mash too hard or too little.

I believe it's 4 times..but that doesn't help me from over mashing by mistake..so i avoid that move like the plague.

to start sekkajin, press C four times. to stop it at the right time, just look at number of hits the sekkajin did and stop at around the 6th or 7th hit. Ex: forward throw > sekkajin > whatever. notice that the forward throw does 2 hits before you start the sekkajin. Therefore, when you start the sekkajin, stop pressing C when the combo counter says 8 or 9 (2 + 6 or 7 = 8 or 9). It's not that hard with some practice. CT Sekkajin is a bit harder to combo with since you need to be very close to them to do this, but practice up... this distance restriction seems to be loosened in CS. To combo after sekkajin, all i can say is practice. You have to wait and recover from sekkajin before you 5C or dash or whatever, so just go to training mode and practice.

Quick question for you guys. I'm really having using j.B in blockstrings. For example: 5BB, 5C, j.B, ... I can't seem to get j.B to land on anyone but Tager when they crouch. Is my timing off, or does it only work on standing opponents?

And a whiffed j.B on a crouching opponent is baaaaaad. At least, in my experience.

Hm, I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do against crouching blocking opponents then, other than to throw in some 6B and try to peck at their guard libra. D:

Hm, I'm at a bit of a loss for what to do against crouching blocking opponents then, other than to throw in some 6B and try to peck at their guard libra. D:

IAD jD cross up, grab (for the love of me, i forgot but i think u can grab crouched opponents? :v:), or bait out stuff using your second jump, etc.

I think j.C can hit crouched opponents, but you gotta delay it. It's very blockable, but at least pushes you forward in your block string.