Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

[CT] Jin Combos and Glitches

6C, sj.C, sj.D, air dash, j.b, j.c, ice car b

Also, I'm having trouble landing the air dash after sj.C, sj.D. I just can't get the timing on this, I wait too long and it becomes invalid, I go too early the dash doesn't come out. Does the opponent need to be at a certain height relative to where Jin is for this to work properly?

Thanks in advance.

I'm actually having trouble with this combo too, but for different reasons than you. I can get the air dash portion down fine, and learned to do this by setting the training dummy to "Jumping" and just practicing everything after the 6C to get the timing down. It doesn't seem to really matter how high your opponent is but I think the sj.C timing is somewhat particular; practice will tell you what you what the exact timing is, but you should probably be as high as possible at the sj.D to give you as much time as possible to get the air dash in.

my problem with the combo (in training mode against Jin) comes after the air dash and if anyone can help me that would be wonderful; basically everything after the air dash, every time I've connected this combo, has kept the opponent in the air, causing the b ice car to whiff. Is the timing on the j.b and/or j.c just strict, or what, because I literally have never connected this full combo (though if I skip the 6c and do the rest of the combo on a jumping dummy I've pretty consistently connected with everything). I also have had some minor problems with the j.b simply not coming out, for seemingly no reason (it actually seems like Jin is too busy "colliding" with the frozen opponent for a split second for the j.b to come out, but I dunno). It doesn't affect me that often (sometimes I end up just skipping the j.b entirely and finishing the combo anyway, sometimes it throws me off and I drop it though), but I'm still somewhat curious if anybody has an answer to why that happens.

re: 5C, sj.C, sj.D, air dash, j.b, j.c, j.214b combo

My problem with this combo is that sometimes my air dash will go under the opponent while they're still falling in the air (usually midscreen). From what I can tell though, you want to hit the 5C after 6C as late as you can so that the opponent is lower during the rest of the combo.

Remember guys, 6C to Moonsong works.

So guys is it given that the Ice Car B won't connect in this combo? crouching only 5B, 5C, 6C, 2D, Frozen, 6C, 66 (dash cancel), 5C, Super Jump, j.B, j.C, JC, j.C , Ice Car B I really need a little help for confirmation on this.

What are some combos I can get off 6a? I usually do 6a > ice car, sometimes ice car D near corner to get a combo off it. I know Buppa does 6a > c mash(8) > dash? 5c?/6c? air combo, but the timing on all that is pretty precise, and even he drops it sometimes.

If you are sticking 2D out, you probably want to keep them grounded for a better wake-up. May as well.

Yeah I know. But I really just want to know if this can end with Ice Car B. I've been trying but it just won't. I just need some confirmation from other that try this.

What are some combos I can get off 6a? I usually do 6a > ice car, sometimes ice car D near corner to get a combo off it. I know Buppa does 6a > c mash(8) > dash? 5c?/6c? air combo, but the timing on all that is pretty precise, and even he drops it sometimes.

6A doesn't combo, slow start up, slow cool down, you can get punished even if it lands (on a grounded opponent), and even on some technicality that you can combo from it, it wouldn't be as rewarding as some of his more mainstream combos.

:eng101:

6a combos on crouching opponents, and they're probably crouching if they get hit by it. Special cancelable on hit, 19f hitstun against crouching opponent, 214b takes 17f to get out c mash takes 8f. 6a > c mash also combos even on standing if you can get c mash to come out as soon as possible, but I'm not sure you can get a launch from it. I've tested in training mode and it combos. Buppa also uses 6a on occasion and hits with it pretty often. He might be somehow getting momentum from a dash to carry over into 6a > c mash to put him close enough to get a launch, now that I think about it. Or it could just be character specific. 6a will also combo into 214d, and near corner you can relaunch for very solid damage. Jin's overhead isn't good, but it's been proven to be practical. Usually used with enough heat to cancel it if your opponent blocks high.

6a combos on crouching opponents, and they're probably crouching if they get hit by it. Special cancelable on hit, 19f hitstun against crouching opponent, 214b takes 17f to get out c mash takes 8f. 6a > c mash also combos even on standing if you can get c mash to come out as soon as possible, but I'm not sure you can get a launch from it.

I've tested in training mode and it combos. Buppa also uses 6a on occasion and hits with it pretty often. He might be somehow getting momentum from a dash to carry over into 6a > c mash to put him close enough to get a launch, now that I think about it. Or it could just be character specific.

6a will also combo into 214d, and near corner you can relaunch for very solid damage. Jin's overhead isn't good, but it's been proven to be practical. Usually used with enough heat to cancel it if your opponent blocks high.

You don't want to remove 6A from your arsenal because as bad as it is as an overhead it still works in the right situations. It actually is used in some resets and is part of his corner pressure game.

As mentioned before 6A combo's into C Mash and you don't need a running start to combo it but you do have to be point blank range in order to get C Mash combo to work. The slightest push back such as barrier guard 2A into 6A will screw the distance. This is why you use 214C/D or 623B instead. Both of these follows up in the corner give Jin some really solid combo damage probably around 2.9-3.3k+ damage.

You are incorporating the 6A in his pressure strings to help mix things up but I find it's best use in corner trap games. What I typically do is land a corner combo ending in j.D or 6D then rush in with 5B, 5C, 3C, 236C. If the opponent neutral techs then I rush in and watch their guard. Low block I will do 6A into C Mash combo into the same 50/50 wait. If the block high I do 2B, 5C, 623B, 5C, 6C, 6D, 6D, 5B, 3C, 236C and put them in the wait again. If they delay their tech I throw 236D and force them to tech where I resume the 50/50 wait. If they roll back they will get hit by 236C and I can 6A back onto the ground for a meaty 5B. If they tech roll forward and get hit by 236C you can set up a air throw scenario.

6a and Jin's crossup game only works after a fair amount of conditioning. Treat 6a like a bloody dp because it's basically that easily of a punish (since you can't do anything if it's blocked). You will get your face ripped off if you use that more than once, or maybe twice, a match.

About this combo... I think this is the right one, was just messing around in training mode after watching some vids: 6C, DC, 5C, j.C, j.D, air dash, j.c, j.d, j.214b When/why should I use this combo over the standard air combo? It seems to move the opponent a little further, and I think you recover faster from the ice car since you're closer to the ground. Is this used to get better oki or for the final push to the corner? Also is the 5C, j.B, j.C, j.D etc combo possible on Rachel/Carl? I seem to completely whiff Rachel.

About this combo... I think this is the right one, was just messing around in training mode after watching some vids:

6C, DC, 5C, j.C, j.D, air dash, j.c, j.d, j.214b

When/why should I use this combo over the standard air combo? It seems to move the opponent a little further, and I think you recover faster from the ice car since you're closer to the ground. Is this used to get better oki or for the final push to the corner?

Also is the 5C, j.B, j.C, j.D etc combo possible on Rachel/Carl? I seem to completely whiff Rachel.

Very possible on both characters. Just harder.

That combo you said I think is mainly used to push into coner and you do net better oki. So both works imo.

whats up fellow jin players I've been lurkin' this board for awhile now and i'm having trouble nailing down the 623d>66 6c combo. i can get the black version of the combo but is there any video of this being done it would probably help me more since i'm more of a visual learner.

whats up fellow jin players I've been lurkin' this board for awhile now and i'm having trouble nailing down the 623d>66 6c combo. i can get the black version of the combo but is there any video of this being done it would probably help me more since i'm more of a visual learner.

Which part are you having trouble with? If it's the dp, you have to time the second hit right as they're about to hit the ground.

There is a guy with a Jin combo video thread, and he does a combo in it. Just find the thread.

ok thanks i'll start searching. i guess its the dashing from the dp*d doesn't seem to come out for me..but once i see the video i'll have a better idea of how i should be doing it thanks though.

The timing for the 2nd hit of 623D is a bit rough as you have 1 frame to hit them just as they hit the ground. Anything sooner and they can tech before you can 6C them. The black combo does work since the majority of people can't mash out of the ice in time to block the 2nd hit but it would be best if you can perfect the timing of the 2nd hit.

Hey anyone else notice u can hit confirm Jins 632146, D super off of 6B, 2A? It's pretty tough...not sure its really viable...noticed that you could link 2A off 6B because the recovery is so slow, and it appears you can cancel that into super. Is this legit or am I crazy?

About this combo... I think this is the right one, was just messing around in training mode after watching some vids:

6C, DC, 5C, j.C, j.D, air dash, j.c, j.d, j.214b

When/why should I use this combo over the standard air combo? It seems to move the opponent a little further, and I think you recover faster from the ice car since you're closer to the ground. Is this used to get better oki or for the final push to the corner?

I can't seem to dash after the 1st j.D. Is there supposed to be a jump install, something else or am I doing something horribly wrong?

The only thing that's required is a super jump.

Thanks. Trying to learn the more pressure-based combos than some of the noobie ones found on the tutorial disc and it certainly takes some getting used to compared to simply gatling everything. :I:

So what are Jin's highest damage corner combos? I know they involve freezing with 6D and then 6Ding again and comboing during the 2nd 6D hit stun but I can never remember how the exact combo goes.

So what are Jin's highest damage corner combos? I know they involve freezing with 6D and then 6Ding again and comboing during the 2nd 6D hit stun but I can never remember how the exact combo goes.

It isn't the combo your thinking about it his best combos range to about 6K to 7K.

Full charge 623 (2nd) hit into coner and follow up combo = Easy 6K or 7K damage.

The more the 2nd chit charges the less the combo prorates.