Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

[CT] Jin Combos and Glitches

Hey so...can any of you suggest good Freeze followups, either from 2D, 5D, jD crossup, 6D, 236D, j236D, or 623D near the corner. I'd like to avoid Black Heat if at all possible.

Off of 2D:

dash in 5C, j.B, j.C, j.D, 214B will work on most characters except for Bang/Rachel/Carl. If you are close to the corner you can do 6C, 623B, 5C, j.C, jc, j.C, 214B/D. If you use 214D you can follow up with 2C, 623B, 623A when your opponent lands. The timing for this combo is really tricky as you need to delay the 623B ever after the 6C. You wait too long and the opponent can tech recovery before you hit them with 623B you do it too fast and you won't be able to connect with 5C. If you get the full combo you are looking at over 5K dmg.

Off of a non-CH 5D it depends on the distance. If you are close enough then yes you can use the above combo as well for maximum damage or do 6C, DC, 5C, air combo. Otherwise, best to just follow up with 214B/C/D. Surprisingly, I've seen some Jin's be able to pull off 5C, j.B, j.C, land small dash into 5B (2 hits), j.B, j.C, j.D, 214B. I've been able to do this maybe twice and really you have to be point blank or close to it with that 5D. I have no idea what the timing is for this combo and if anyone has any insight on this let me know.

Off of a j.D Cross-up:

Again dependant on distance and the character you are fighting but you don't have many follows ups usually. If you are close you can go for the typical 5C, j.B, j.C, j.D, 214B. Basically, land 5C, 214B is usually what I have time for if they are too far away.

Every other Heat inducing freeze can be followed with similar combos as well.

623D you can follow up with 5C, standard air combo or 6C, DC, 5C, Air Combo or on CH do 6C, 623D again and then 5C, 632146D works better on characters like Tager with bigger hit boxes. Just doing 6C, 623D after CHing with 623D does good enough damage by itself. Otherwise, you can try to bait an air throw by dashing in with 5C, jc j.C, double jump and do an air throw.

Hey guys just don't even post combos that have throws in the middle of them thanks.

Ok. Ok. Didn't know that was a golden rule here. I just read combo thread... so I posted a combo that well... works save the throw cancelling

yes, throw combos work just like how invalid combos work (as in they don't)... seriously though, no throw combos unless there's something special about it.

So what alternatives do you have if Freeze happens too far away or if Jin's in the air and already did a Freeze in his combo?

Icecar; 214C or 214D, if they're really far away. Or Touga Hyoujin. What do you mean, "if Jin's in the air and already did a Freeze in his combo?" It would depend completely on what move you hit them with.

What do you mean, "if Jin's in the air and already did a Freeze in his combo?" It would depend completely on what move you hit them with.

Something like, 6C>2D>jc>jB>jC>jc>jD...?

I know 214C is possible in some instances, but I'm not sure where...

Something like, 6C>2D>jc>jB>jC>jc>jD...?

I know 214C is possible in some instances, but I'm not sure where...

Remove J.B and just jump jC>j.c>jC>214B for the knockdown.

on Combo ↓↙←D > ↓↙←C [3138] ↓↙←D > ↓↙←D > ↓↙←C [4218] How the hell can one link those two together! Is there a timing issue or am I just stupid.

on Combo

↓↙←D > ↓↙←C [3138]

↓↙←D > ↓↙←D > ↓↙←C [4218]

How the hell can one link those two together! Is there a timing issue or am I just stupid.

Only works on Rachel.

Might be character specific, I can't test right now, but it works on ragna in the corner at the very least. 2B5C Fubuki B, 5C6C6D -freeze- dash up 6D, 5B(2)5C3C Good damage for a combo starting with 2B, and ends with a 3C knockdown for oki.

I have a question, normally 5c -> 6c does not connect, but how come it does connect sometimes? for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9GcHrdnpt4&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div (the combo starts at around 11:42) you can see here, its not a counter, hit, but the 5c -> 6c connects. what are the conditions required for it to connect, and if it does connect, can you go into 5c -> 6c (dc) -> 5c -> air combo?

I have a question, normally 5c -> 6c does not connect, but how come it does connect sometimes? for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9GcHrdnpt4&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div (the combo starts at around 11:42) you can see here, its not a counter, hit, but the 5c -> 6c connects. what are the conditions required for it to connect, and if it does connect, can you go into 5c -> 6c (dc) -> 5c -> air combo?

IT only works on crouching opponents.

Might be character specific, I can't test right now, but it works on ragna in the corner at the very least.

2B5C Fubuki B, 5C6C6D -freeze- dash up 6D, 5B(2)5C3C

Good damage for a combo starting with 2B, and ends with a 3C knockdown for oki.

2B > 5C > 623B > 5C > 6C > 6D > 66 > j.B > j.C > j.D > 214B/C

This combo does 200 more damage and you retain the knockdown.

I've seen videos of people doing something similar to this combo. IAD > j.B > j.C > 5B(2hits) > 5C> j.B > j.C > j.D > 214B How do you connect 5B(2hits) after that j.C? I can't seem to do it.. most of the time only 5B(1hit) hits, or if 5B(2hits) does hit j.D won't hit the opponent.

2B > 5C > 623B > 5C > 6C > 6D > 66 > j.B > j.C > j.D > 214B/C

This combo does 200 more damage and you retain the knockdown.

Thanks. IMO 3C knockdown is better in the corner for oki than ice car knockdown, but that combo also sets up ice car A ender into high low mix up.

Dope shit.

Is it possible to combo 6c without a crouching opponent?

5C counter hit.. 6B counter hit.. 5D dc 6C if you're close to the corner, might need counter hit.. 6D, 2D, I believe on any hit. jD land 6C might work on standing opponent.. Not sure.

BBQ Sauce explained your options comboing into 6C.

I wouldn't recommend going with a 6C follow up in some of those situations though as there are better combo options. Perhaps if you want to finish your opponent off with the D Distortion Drive then maybe do it. The only other ideal option to follow up with 6C after a freeze would be when they are in the corner as it can lead into one of Jin's 5+K dmg combos provided you have at least 25% heat.

I've seen videos of people doing something similar to this combo.

IAD > j.B > j.C > 5B(2hits) > 5C> j.B > j.C > j.D > 214B

How do you connect 5B(2hits) after that j.C? I can't seem to do it.. most of the time only 5B(1hit) hits, or if 5B(2hits) does hit j.D won't hit the opponent.

You have to dash when you land before doing the 5B. Practice and you'll get it. There's even enough time to dash and skip the 5B and go straight to 5C, but the timing is tight. (Again, practice! :yaaay:)

I'm currently working on 6c -> 66 -> j.b -> j.c -> j -> j.b -> j.c -> j.d -> 6c -> 66 -> j.b -> j.c -> j -> j.b -> j.c -> 214c It's an awesome combo once you get it to muscle memory. That launcher is a bit slow but you can catch people with it.

CH 5B(1) -> 6C works as well.

Edit: CH 2C -> 6C also works, though not nearly as practical as other options.

Ran into what I think is a glitch vs Ragna. This happened to me a few times and cost me a match. I froze him in the air with j.D, and his freeze animation was different, and lower. It caused my 5a to whiff as if he was in a crouching state while frozen, then I ate a DP as he broke out. I think he was in that mode triggered from one of his specials.