Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

[CT] Jin Combos and Glitches

If you hit with both hits of 623 d you can still do combos that do upwards of 6k...also its much more practical than hitting someone good with the second hit. The combo is 623 d ( deep in the corner) run up 5c 6c dash cancel jump b double jump b jump c 214d land 2c 623b 623a. timing is tight but its worth it to learn

Then what was the 6D combo I was thinking of? Is it just a heatless combo?

It could be heatless.

Usually the combo goes as following

Mixup into

2B> 5C> 623B> 5C> 6C> 6D> Dash forward> 6D> 5B> 5C> 3C

I believe the combo does around 4K or so.

It could be heatless.

Usually the combo goes as following

Mixup into

2B> 5C> 623B> 5C> 6C> 6D> Dash forward> 6D> 5B> 5C> 3C

I believe the combo does around 4K or so.

Nah, just barely over 3k, 3020ish I think. Jin can't get 4k with out meter, especially not starting with 2B.

Nah, just barely over 3k, 3020ish I think. Jin can't get 4k with out meter, especially not starting with 2B.

I don't understand that, Jin can get about 4k off a punishment combo in the corner no problem for no bar.

Regardless, your gonna wanna at least use 25% bar for your combo anyways seeing as how anything more than 5 hits will get you that much bar anyways.

Some better combos would be something a long the lines of:

(a simple punishment combo)

6D > 6C > (long pause) > 623B > 5C > SJ > j.C > j.C > Ice Ride B.

You can do ex ice ride and get over 5k damage, it's not bad and it's something to work with.

Also, there's is no need to do 6D into 6D if your going for damage. You only wanna do 6D into 6D if your going for a reset (and by that, having them block the 2nd 6D).

A combo that will do more damage would be something like 6D > IAD > j.B > j.C and then do the same combo you would do after the 2nd 6D. This will do more damage and put you in the same situation 6D > 6D would have put you in.

Also, Kid Viper found some really interesting combos in his trip from Japan.

Some good stuff.

Some better combos would be something a long the lines of:

(a simple punishment combo)

6D > 6C > (long pause) > 623B > 5C > SJ > j.C > j.C > Ice Ride B.

You can do ex ice ride and get over 5k damage, it's not bad and it's something to work with.

I knew not of this, usually I punish with 5C6C dc 5C6C jBjC dj jCjD ex ice car land 6C xx C DP

But, wouldn't ending that with ex ice car be better in general, since it seems ending with ice car after a double jump puts them a few frames up on you when they wake up.

Also, Kid Viper found some really interesting combos in his trip from Japan.

Some good stuff.

Share them?!

Yes, I'm very interested in hearing about new Jin strats and combos from someone who competed with the best of the best.

I'm also curious to know how his match played out; my Jin mirror is weak.

Time to take notes.

Not sure where to post this. But can anyone tell me what is a generic frame trap setup with Jin? I just want to be aware what I'm looking for. I assume it something with 6D (+12?)

I'm trying to replicate the combos Buppa does, I saw him performing the following combo on Noel: jump-in combo jB jC close 5C jB jC jD close 5C (might be a dash to 5c) jB jC jD ice car I can't seem to connect the last jD in this combo, any tips?

Not sure where to post this. But can anyone tell me what is a generic frame trap setup with Jin? I just want to be aware what I'm looking for. I assume it something with 6D (+12?)

5D is a good setup to open your opponent's defense.

I like to 5a 5a 5b 5c 5d (this is where your opponent lets their guard down) Ice car (a, b, c or ice truck will do).

Or instead of Ice Car, his DP d.

If you Ice Car "a" you can set up a pseudo block string loop by repeating the whole thing, but if they get smart, then you could get counter thrown after the Ice Car, if you can, rapid cancel it if you know they will try to throw you.

6D has too slow a start up, best for punishing helplessly readable approaches and combos in a corner.

5D is a good setup to open your opponent's defense.

I like to 5a 5a 5b 5c 5d (this is where your opponent lets their guard down) Ice car (a, b, c or ice truck will do).

Or instead of Ice Car, his DP d.

If you Ice Car "a" you can set up a pseudo block string loop by repeating the whole thing, but if they get smart, then you could get counter thrown after the Ice Car, if you can, rapid cancel it if you know they will try to throw you.

6D has too slow a start up, best for punishing helplessly readable approaches and combos in a corner.

Oh I was thinking more like frame advantage moves. I figured things like if I have so and so frame advantage and the opponent thinks he can punish but can't type of thing. Like if he has a corner trap for a example (not suring if Jin does). Good example is like Rachel's 3C with wind and Noel's 5A.

So when you guys refer to "frame trap", are you guys just talking about your options after 5C?

Oh I was thinking more like frame advantage moves. I figured things like if I have so and so frame advantage and the opponent thinks he can punish but can't type of thing. Like if he has a corner trap for a example (not suring if Jin does). Good example is like Rachel's 3C with wind and Noel's 5A.

So when you guys refer to "frame trap", are you guys just talking about your options after 5C?

You sort of misunderstood, that's basically what I gave you, people often try to punish 5d (not necessarily 5c), but can't because they get an Ice Car to the face.

I don't think Jin has corner traps, but if he can push an enemy into a corner, it's his turf. Jin abilities allows him to put his opponent almost anywhere he needs them to be.

You don't need frame advantage on block in order to frame trap (although it certainly helps), that's because you can gatling so many of Jin's normals and you can delay the gatling to an extent.

So doing 5B 5C 5D as fast as possible yields one timing. Doing 5B 5C (delay) 5D yields another. Sometimes people will read the delay and press a button, and then get counter hit by your 5D.

At a certain level, once your opponent understands what you are doing, it opens up even more options. 6D is normally worthless during a block string because of the long start up, but once you condition your opponent to be wary of sticking out pokes, you can throw out a 6D which gives a lot of frame advantage on block and use that to continue pressure.

I'm trying to replicate the combos Buppa does, I saw him performing the following combo on Noel:

jump-in combo jB jC close 5C jB jC jD close 5C (might be a dash to 5c) jB jC jD ice car

I can't seem to connect the last jD in this combo, any tips?

after jB jC you need a small dash for the 5C, timing is kind of tight, but, doable. You need to be basically point blank with the 5C. Also, it's best when the jC and jD are delayed as much as you can.

Also the 5C jB won't ever combo on Carl or Rachel.

wth 6D isn't worthless as a block string at all :O it's amazing and it leaves you at such high advantage that you get free hi-low mixups x_x bbq sauce: 5c jB will combo on carl, but not rachel or bang edit: shit i saw in japan in corner hitting crouching: 2b 5c 6c, delay 236d, 623a inbetween 2nd and 3rd hit of the freezes, dash in 5c then you can either 3c 236c; 214a if you want to mix up, b for quick knockdown, or d then follow up with 3c 236c. because all three hits of 236d freeze, your 623a interrupts and refreezes them so they have to wiggle out extra~ very specific depending on character but you get a great oki game and good damage off of it. in corner: 5b 5c 623b 5c 6c 6d, follow up with your choice of reset or damage in corner: 5b 5c 3c 2c 5c 6c 6d, follow up with your choice.

wth 6D isn't worthless as a block string at all :O it's amazing and it leaves you at such high advantage that you get free hi-low mixups x_x

I think you're taking what I said out of context.

6D is worthless in a block string if your opponent is sticking out a poke whenever it looks like you've stopped attacking. 35 frames of startup are going to eat a lot of counter-hits.

Once you make your opponent scared to just stick out pokes during pauses, or if you're at a high enough level that your opponent knows you are capable of frame trapping without needing to see it, that's when you can start landing 6D, which as I acknowledged is great for continuing with pressure.

in corner hitting crouching: 2b 5c 6c, delay 236d, 623a inbetween 2nd and 3rd hit of the freezes, dash in 5c then you can either 3c 236c; 214a if you want to mix up, b for quick knockdown, or d then follow up with 3c 236c.

because all three hits of 236d freeze, your 623a interrupts and refreezes them so they have to wiggle out extra~ very specific depending on character but you get a great oki game and good damage off of it.

That's all kinds of sexy, how's the damage as compared to the more standard 5b 5c 623B 5C 6C type combos?

it doesn't matter. You can do it off any 6c. The most general application for this combo is actually after 6d, ie blah blah into 6c > 6d > 6c > d fireball > etc You want to wait till the tail-end of your combo to do the d fireball because afterwards your options are very limited, and it's better to get a knockdown. The variation I use the most currently is: something into 5c > 2c > 6c > 6d > 6c > d fireball/a dp > 5b > 5c > 3c Should yield at least 4k iirc, can't remember off the top of my head. The JP also mentioned something about this being a potential burst bait, but I haven't really been able to apply it in that sense. Either I understood them incorrectly, or I'm doing the timing of the dp incorrectly (but there isn't much window for you to adjust either so...).

it doesn't matter. You can do it off any 6c. The most general application for this combo is actually after 6d, ie

blah blah into 6c > 6d > 6c > d fireball > etc

You want to wait till the tail-end of your combo to do the d fireball because afterwards your options are very limited, and it's better to get a knockdown.

The variation I use the most currently is:

something into 5c > 2c > 6c > 6d > 6c > d fireball/a dp > 5b > 5c > 3c

Should yield at least 4k iirc, can't remember off the top of my head.

The JP also mentioned something about this being a potential burst bait, but I haven't really been able to apply it in that sense. Either I understood them incorrectly, or I'm doing the timing of the dp incorrectly (but there isn't much window for you to adjust either so...).

I think D fireball is the move i use least... even in combos... I just find it to not be consistant enough. Using it at the end of combos barely gets me more then a few extra hundred damage. The problem is with me I am sure but I know I have yet to see it used effectively and consistantly. There are some interesting thigns you can do with it in a combo such as hitting them in between hits for refreeze but again its very character, situational, and height specific so I tend to go with more sure things.

after jB jC you need a small dash for the 5C, timing is kind of tight, but, doable. You need to be basically point blank with the 5C. Also, it's best when the jC and jD are delayed as much as you can.

Also the 5C jB won't ever combo on Carl or Rachel.

It won't combo on Rachel and Bang.

It's completely doable on Carl. The actual ground combo will work on everyone (minus Ecahel and Carl) without a dash except for Arakune who requires a dash. Myself and a few others have tested this. The timing on Carl is extremely tight without a dash but it is doable.

in corner hitting crouching: 2b 5c 6c, delay 236d, 623a inbetween 2nd and 3rd hit of the freezes, dash in 5c then you can either 3c 236c; 214a if you want to mix up, b for quick knockdown, or d then follow up with 3c 236c.

because all three hits of 236d freeze, your 623a interrupts and refreezes them so they have to wiggle out extra~ very specific depending on character but you get a great oki game and good damage off of it.

in corner: 5b 5c 623b 5c 6c 6d, follow up with your choice of reset or damage

in corner: 5b 5c 3c 2c 5c 6c 6d, follow up with your choice.

Wow, that first combo looks pretty damn awesome and I've been wanting a good 236D combo for a long time.

The other 2 have been standard Jin corner pressure into resets for a while. I've seen a lot of Japanese match vids of Buppa and Ren doing this. I think it does a little over 3k damage but the reset potential on the first one is always good especially if you lead into corner oki pressure.

6D in Jin's block strings are awesome but yeah if certain ppl mash on 2a/5a after stopping to do 6D you pretty much have to stop using it and start conditioning them to other pressure strings. Had to do that today as I fought some random person who would mash 2a with Noel when I did 5B (1 hit), 6D or any other variation into 6D so I started using other block strings and eventually worked back into 6D where he stopped trying to mash 2a on it so I started frame trapping the crap out of him after wards.

I think D fireball is the move i use least... even in combos... I just find it to not be consistant enough. Using it at the end of combos barely gets me more then a few extra hundred damage. The problem is with me I am sure but I know I have yet to see it used effectively and consistantly. There are some interesting thigns you can do with it in a combo such as hitting them in between hits for refreeze but again its very character, situational, and height specific so I tend to go with more sure things.

That specific combo works in the corner for really good damage + knockdown (second best damage return for that variation, with the difference being no more than 150), and can be applied to every character. Since you are doing the 6c after 6d, there will be no height adjustment required as you can just let them land, resulting in consistant height.

Certain characters may have more favorable combos for them specifically, but in general, this one can be something to default to.