Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PozerWolf

[CT] Jin Combos and Glitches

I'm sure Ice Blade "D" has plenty of potential, we just need to find it, like the japanese, we can find out neat combos and what-not.

I think D fireball is the move i use least... even in combos... I just find it to not be consistant enough.

Wait, did I read this right?

No way... that can't be right.

Dude, D Fireball is fuckin' amazing for combos and block strings.

I dunno about you, but getting +40 on block is badass.

Wait, did I read this right?

No way... that can't be right.

Dude, D Fireball is fuckin' amazing for combos and block strings.

I dunno about you, but getting +40 on block is badass.

I didn't say it wasn't good, I said I was having a hard time finding a good use for it (on a personal level)... Still learning stuff Pozer but don't worry I will be perfect soon so you can be happy. I did start thinking about it more after I posted. After that, I messed with it a bit more and I understand a bit more on how to work it. Some of my recent matches are reflecting some good mixup and great guard crush potential. Just need more time with it.

But thanks Pozer for always looking out with your tips. Just the coolest guy... I don't know how I would get by without you :yaaay:

That specific combo works in the corner for really good damage + knockdown (second best damage return for that variation, with the difference being no more than 150), and can be applied to every character. Since you are doing the 6c after 6d, there will be no height adjustment required as you can just let them land, resulting in consistant height.

Certain characters may have more favorable combos for them specifically, but in general, this one can be something to default to.

Hey thanks for the intelligent and respectable explanation. I see exactly what you are talking about now with the 6D adjusting the height. I will definitly work with this more. Thanks bro.

But thanks Pozer for always looking out with your tips. Just the coolest guy... I don't know how I would get by without you :yaaay:

I'm sexually confused.

Not sure if this was thought of before This is extremely situational and probably not the smartest idea, but... Wait until they've bursted. 236D (blocked), run up, offensive burst, 623D, 6C, dc, 5C, sj.C, dj.C, 214B It won't kill them but will get them low enough to kill with chip damage since it's late in the game enough that they bursted. Also for show.

I suppose it's cool. Since even a blocked fireball will win the round, but honestly, ig they burst already, I'd rather just go for mix up on the 236D, being htey already burst, if you succeed that's the round right there.

Not sure if this was thought of before

This is extremely situational and probably not the smartest idea, but...

Wait until they've bursted.

236D (blocked), run up, offensive burst, 623D, 6C, dc, 5C, sj.C, dj.C, 214B

It won't kill them but will get them low enough to kill with chip damage since it's late in the game enough that they bursted. Also for show.

Just want to say if its possible to ONLY get the 623D second hit so you can freeze them later in the combo, it should be able to setup a trap so that when they come out of the ice you can have a tick move on them to kill them. Either way, it will raise your combo damage by at least 500ish so its worth it to try to hit them with the rim of the burst.

And ya I like this trap nice work :eng101:

How come the COM can always tech out after

6A>Sekkajin (8 ) ?

To be clear, are you launching them into the air and then they are teching.

Or, are they teching after being pushed out of range on the ground? If this is happening it's because not all the sekkajin hits are landing. Last hit should launch.

To be clear, are you launching them into the air and then they are teching.

Or, are they teching after being pushed out of range on the ground? If this is happening it's because not all the sekkajin hits are landing. Last hit should launch.

They tech after got launched in the air.

HOw am I supposed to let all sekajin's hit ? I mean they should all connect if 6A hits , right ?

If they're getting launched, then all the hits are connecting, I'm pretty sure. You can check the hit counter if you want to verify. I'm going to go to training mode when I get home and try to duplicate this problem and see what's going on. What character are you doing it on?

I think I know what the problem is. You aren't releasing sekka-jin early enough. Don't mash all the way through the 8th hit. Stop pressing C when it is the 6th/7th hit. You will then have time to conduct your dc 5C or just a 6C for the corner.

How hard are you supposed to mash C? lol... I can never get it to launch people, am I not mashing enough? I rarely use 6A though, I prefer using j.B / j.C as overheads for pressure. I'm new here, by the way :vbang:

I'm aware you need 5 inputs for it to activate. The problem is, whenever I land it, it hits them for like... 6 times then it basically whiffs, thus not getting me the launcher needed for the 5C to connect.

I think your problem may be that you are not doing it fast enough. Remember there is a fair amount of push back from (in this instance) 6a. For example, unless the move comes out immediately after 6a land (ie, you are not hit confirming. You are just mashing it out), you will not connect the launch hit on, say, Ragna. I don't see why you can't get the combo to go. Just go to training mode, do 6a, and start mashing. Then do 5b, 5c, and mash (for characters that have no vertical standing hitbox like rachel, bang, etc).

I see. The thing is, I've just put my hands on my new Sanwa parts and, as stupid as it may sound, I'm kinda afraid to damage something, lol. I just hate mashing stuff >_>

Need some help on finishing a combo. After 623A(CH) > 214D > 6C relaunch Is there a proper way to end the combo so they would be knock down in the corner? I tried various combinations, many who do over 4k dmg but they are able tech in air. I know if i relaunch with 2c, the combo could easily ended in a knockdown, but 6C has more range which sometimes could just cover just the extra little distance needed.