Sign in to follow this  
Kensou

Accent Core:Chipp Combos

corner, 0%, 134 dam, knockdown (hard) d.s©,6p,s©,2d,236s,236k,j.p,j.D I pulled this combo off (on accident) midscreen, but the timing is REAL strict it seems to connect the j.p from the 236k. Also, it seems to be easier to execute in the corner.

a variation of that combo is used against sol, see list - although it's really hard. damage is ok though (the combo vs. sol).

Yeah, Sol is the one I've been practicing that one on :vbang: I have a quick question, though. I've only been successful trying this out on Baiken, but after I grab her on the ground, I can do a Gamma blade following the grab. Does this work on everyone?

Gamma blade after a throw has a very tight window for execution. The best application for it is to begin a tech throw loop, as the extra damage you're getting off of only a gamma blade and a 4 hit gatling isn't really worth it at all as the character is OTG. If you whiff it you can eat a combo, so be sure that it will connect if you use it. My best advice is to practice it A LOT before using it while playing with others. Just remember if you're going to be using this technique, you're giving up knockdown, so make sure you can tech throw loop as otherwise you'll lose knockdown for crap damage. :eng101: From my experience, I've only encountered one or two times when the gamma blade into a simple 6 hit combo would finish off the player. Usually if I notice it will I'm too excited and always think I'll whiff the gamma blade, so I end up just using the knockdown. Point is, I have yet to actually use the crap damage version over the tech trap version. Yar.

Gamma blade after a throw has a very tight window for execution. The best application for it is to begin a tech throw loop, as the extra damage you're getting off of only a gamma blade and a 4 hit gatling isn't really worth it at all as the character is OTG. If you whiff it you can eat a combo, so be sure that it will connect if you use it. My best advice is to practice it A LOT before using it while playing with others.

Just remember if you're going to be using this technique, you're giving up knockdown, so make sure you can tech throw loop as otherwise you'll lose knockdown for crap damage. :eng101:

From my experience, I've only encountered one or two times when the gamma blade into a simple 6 hit combo would finish off the player. Usually if I notice it will I'm too excited and always think I'll whiff the gamma blade, so I end up just using the knockdown. Point is, I have yet to actually use the crap damage version over the tech trap version.

Yar.

otg gamma often kills off the opponent for me - around 30% of all my matches. it's all a matter of experience (understanding if its enough to kill).

i never go for gamma after a throw, only after any other kind of knockdown. timing is too tight, and the throw knockdown is too valuable - you have enough time to start a jump, FDC, meaty crossup, dash, mixup off of it. or just jump, FDC, air dash back, j.D, or lots of other options.

otg gamma often kills off the opponent for me - around 30% of all my matches. it's all a matter of experience (understanding if its enough to kill).

i never go for gamma after a throw, only after any other kind of knockdown. timing is too tight, and the throw knockdown is too valuable - you have enough time to start a jump, FDC, meaty crossup, dash, mixup off of it. or just jump, FDC, air dash back, j.D, or lots of other options.

Definitely. I didn't mention it in my post, but I guess I was thinking that if you think you'll finish the character off through a throw, try just adding in the 3 extra hits off of a down slash or low kick rather than a gamma blade... as you might hesitate one frame to many to get that successful gamma blade in.

I personally think the tech throw loop is worth it... but yar.

I've been punishing myself with the gamma blade timing and I usually get it off without whiffing it (took a lot of practice though @-@). The reward seems to be worth the effort, but yar, its not meant to be your only knockdown option, just another that you can add to your repertoire.

Just wanted to know what SB combos are like. Can they be guarenteed (obviously depending on the attack that is SBed) and would the standard be something like S, S, HS, TK Alpha, continue? Or are there better combos depending on the attacks? For example, if a Jam 6HS's after a 2S and you SB the 6HS do you get any thing for free?

Just wanted to know what SB combos are like. Can they be guarenteed (obviously depending on the attack that is SBed) and would the standard be something like S, S, HS, TK Alpha, continue? Or are there better combos depending on the attacks? For example, if a Jam 6HS's after a 2S and you SB the 6HS do you get any thing for free?

It depends on the attack as you said, but you're pretty much guaranteed a lot of things off a succesful slashback, considering it lowers Guard Stun to 2 frames IIRC. That basically means from the end of those two frames until the opponent recovers, if you can get any attack active, you can do whatever with it :o~

guerilla: if you slashback specific moves that recover crouching, for example bandit bringer or revolver, then go for a standard s,s,(2s)hs, tk alpha as you suggested - that's the optimum. for anything else (standing opponents or situations where you aren't sure you are close enough for a good punishment), i usually go for a quick knockdown, or into 2d,236s combo, or simply rekkas RC, 6hs, tk alpha, s,hs, iad.j.p,d,236p.

Thanks for that one :D Also another little question, if you are aiming for an impossible dust, can you use Chipp's FB to do this? I can't remember how early you have to hit the opponent (40 frames or is that too optimistic?) I know the move has forced proration (damage scaling) and if you wanted to do something flashy it would be better to go for a beta blade to keep the damage high but I was just thinking it might be something different and nice. The combo I originally had in mind is D, IAD beta, S, S, (2S if necassary) 2HS, FB, S, S, HS, IAD j.P, j.D, Alpha but this is corner reliant after the FB (I think), also I'm unsure how many hits I should put before the FB to raise the opponent to the right level and still give you the time to recover and combo afterwards but making sure not to put in too many hits so that the opponent can tech after the FB and before I get to continue the combo. I'm guessing up until the FB point the combo should do good damage but afterwards I'm guessing that it would be p*ss poor? need to practice but can't until the 3rd of next month.

Thanks for that one :D

Also another little question, if you are aiming for an impossible dust, can you use Chipp's FB to do this? I can't remember how early you have to hit the opponent (40 frames or is that too optimistic?) I know the move has forced proration (damage scaling) and if you wanted to do something flashy it would be better to go for a beta blade to keep the damage high but I was just thinking it might be something different and nice.

The combo I originally had in mind is

D, IAD beta, S, S, (2S if necassary) 2HS, FB, S, S, HS, IAD j.P, j.D, Alpha

but this is corner reliant after the FB (I think), also I'm unsure how many hits I should put before the FB to raise the opponent to the right level and still give you the time to recover and combo afterwards but making sure not to put in too many hits so that the opponent can tech after the FB and before I get to continue the combo. I'm guessing up until the FB point the combo should do good damage but afterwards I'm guessing that it would be p*ss poor? need to practice but can't until the 3rd of next month.

you can use the FB for IDs, but i personally think it's a waste of tension.

also, about that relaunch combo after ID, did you try that one out yet? i doubt this works against any char, even the heavy ones, simply because if you go for more than a 2hs,FB on an airborne opponent, its almost impossible for the FB to hit.

Just wanted to enquire, after an ID with IAD j.K (1 hit), you have enough time to do 6HS and air combo afterwards, I assume this is character specific and that on some characters like Potemkin or Johnny this might not be possible, or am I wrong? If I'm using Beta blade for the ID hit instead of the j.K (1 hit) I know I have 5 frames recovery upon landing but do I still have enough time to do 6HS and combo after that or would that only work on the light characters that float really high? note to mods, feel free to merge last two posts or delete the last one.

Just wanted to enquire, after an ID with IAD j.K (1 hit), you have enough time to do 6HS and air combo afterwards, I assume this is character specific and that on some characters like Potemkin or Johnny this might not be possible, or am I wrong? If I'm using Beta blade for the ID hit instead of the j.K (1 hit) I know I have 5 frames recovery upon landing but do I still have enough time to do 6HS and combo after that or would that only work on the light characters that float really high?

note to mods, feel free to merge last two posts or delete the last one.

TO be honest it is totally possible but takes good timing, and good height. It depends how quickly you kick them, or how high/low you did your air dash. From past experiences it's easier to do it on heavier opponents.

Personally due to it being so strict, i usually just forget the 6hs, and just do an air combo instead. ^^

Sorry, maybe I wrote my question in a confusing way. I meant after performing the ID with Beta Blade, do you still have enough time to combo with 6HS even though it has like 5 frames recovery upon landing?

I also have a question with regards to the impossible dust. After landing a long range dust I IAA into j.k, land, and proceed with an air combo starting with 6hs. My question lies with the timing of the 6HS. I find myself doing it too late and the combo beats black. I've had successful attempts but they involve doing 6HS really early and doing a superjump cancel.

When you say it black beats, at what point do you mean it black beats? If it black beats after the IAD j.K and before the 6HS then you haven't done the IAD j.K properly. When I am doing ID with beta blade, if I do it with beta blade at the proper time I actually can achieve a 2 hit knock down, I assume it is the same principle with IAD j.K. If it is black beating after the 6HS but before the air combo then you are probably hitting the 6HS too early so the opponent is too high up for you to jump and hit them in time before they can tech. The best way to practice all combos is to switch on the teching for your dummy, I usually have it on backwards, forwards is also cool but I remember some one telling me that neutral makes the dummy tech like a frame or 2 late. Hope that helps a little

um i didnt feel like looking through the entire pages however, i was wondering if anyone found the loop of a basic chipp combo. one time in AC, chipp did a 13 hit combo with basic p,k,s and then i believe 236S, afterwards ran towards me and started a loop. Funny thing was that it was a computer and i was playing with sol at the time and it took at least half my life. anyone know what i am talking about?

Okay, I've been practicing my Jam corner combo recently and I'm finding it really hard to consistently get the dashing HS after which I do usually connect with the FB BUT Jam seems to hit the ground before I can actually connect with a ©S,HS. Is there any advice any one can give me on this, firstly on dashing HS and secondly on how I should be doing the FB so that I can ©S,HS afterwards, thanks :D

CH dust is completely untechable, so no need for an impossible dust. there are lots of ways to impossible dust with chipp, the hardest i've seen was from samitto: it was: j.D, j.D, doublejump straight up, land, d.s,hs, iad. combo. the timing is unbelievably strict. typical for that madman to pull it off in real matches.

Okay, I've been practicing my Jam corner combo recently and I'm finding it really hard to consistently get the dashing HS after which I do usually connect with the FB BUT Jam seems to hit the ground before I can actually connect with a ©S,HS. Is there any advice any one can give me on this, firstly on dashing HS and secondly on how I should be doing the FB so that I can ©S,HS afterwards, thanks :D

hit jam as high as possible with the hs, and just do the forcebreak without any timing (as fast as possible). you have to hit the tip of her foot with the HS, her hitbox is deceiving, you think you will miss her, when you can actually still hit her with the HS. that way she's a lot higher in the air. the link after the FB into close S is hard, by the way =)

After doing alot of combo training yesterday (including Blanka and Dictator on ST) I started to get the Jam combo, I think I just need to sit down for an hour every day for a week or so just to practice this one to make sure I can get it in real matches :vbang: Apart from that I'm finding the Baiken and Sol corner combos quite hard. With Baiken it's difficult to achieve knock down, I FRC the air alpha do an air dash and do j.D, Alpha again but it usually hits too high. I might be taking the motion to upforward and so getting a little extra hop out of the alpha FRC but apart from that I can't see what I'm doing wrong, I've tried delaying the air dash to varying degrees or even buffering it in to the FRC (I-No style) so that the air dash comes out immediately but I just can't get knock down. As far as the Sol corner combo goes, after doing rekka, P, j.D, alpha FRC I always seem to high up on Sol so that when I connect the second D and land, Sol has already hit the ground. I think I just need to make sure that I don't pull the motion to up forward so I don't get the extra bounce after the FRC. Apart from my assumptions, is there any advice you could give me with those two characters? Thanks again :keke:

Sign in to follow this