Sign in to follow this  
Kensou

Accent Core:Chipp Combos

For axl.. If I rem correctly you dont necessarily have to dash for the hs to connect. From what I recall even if you just did the hs it would hit at the last possible second and still count as a combo...need to test that though. But if it does connect then you just hop up and cont the combo

newest batch of gamechariot vids gave me some new inspiration for combovid material (and practical stuff). check out combo list for updates (copyright samitto wherever i took something from him). nothing big though - small stuff here and there, vs jam, slayer. also, interesting situation vs sol: corner combo into d.p, j.p,j.D,alpha, FRC, j.D, land, relaunch (!). gonna research that next week.

updated my list with a new jam combo (feat. relaunch after forcebreak, gonna be in my combo too in another variation). that sol setup i talked before: 2d,236s, d.p, j.D, 236p, FRC, wait, j.D, \/, s©,HS, iad.j.p,D,236p. should work vs. several chars, i got variations against slayer, axl. and in other news, i now got about 1,5 minutes of material for my combovid. no bullshit, no fillers, just combos. i'm going to show a "new" setup in it that can lead to massive damage (overhead option: 25% tension, 200+ damage, 50% tension = 250 damage). right now, i am researching the "low" option. things are progressing nicely, i found some new ways to get damage and knockdown in that situation today =)

AXL RISING THROUGH THE TIERS! ...of my floor slide combo list, that is. i updated with more info on comboing him (hit him from as far as possible), and added a new combo i have from one of the 2,3 chipps that can be seen in the current TRF filebank 3v3 matches. the idea is to combo your opponent with iad. j.P,S, then triple jump K,K[2],K[2],D. you need to delay most of the moves after j.S including the first j.K. an alpha blade after j.D makes things easier but might leave you in a worse position after knockdown. this combo should work vs. several chars, eg. zappa. i might research this more if i have the time.

Just wondering if the corner combo with alpha FRC j.D could be used in some other form against other characters. We saw it work against Sol, but I was wondering if j.S would work against characters that dropped slower or floated higher? j.S has greater hit stun I believe so if they are floating higher then a j.S would give more stun, giving more time for the opponent to fall for longer and into your range? although I think j.S has slower start up so maybe it wouldn't combo? then again, I'm just not sure. I'm trying to think how to use this sort of combo against all characters and thinking of old relaunch combos but using alpha FRC. Could you explain what factors we are aiming at to achieve this sort of combo ATG? I'm thinking high enough to get a further attack in the air but close enough to the ground to land AND get another attack off? any other factors? Thanks P.S. was just looking at my post and was just thinking it might not make sense, I was trying to use the Sol Combo you posted recently on more characters but altering it to work on a greater amount of the cast.

Can someone help me with the specifics of chipp's new AA FRC combos? I been trying to do them but I can rarely get the alpha blade to connect after the jD, they always fall too far for it to hit. Is there a certain startup I have to use, or is it a timing issue or what? Also, do you have to be against the wall to follow up the force break after landing or is it just easier that way?

I'm trying to think how to use this sort of combo against all characters and thinking of old relaunch combos but using alpha FRC. Could you explain what factors we are aiming at to achieve this sort of combo ATG? I'm thinking high enough to get a further attack in the air but close enough to the ground to land AND get another attack off? any other factors? Thanks

comboing j.D, land, relaunch is possible vs. various chars.

i am working on a list right now, but since this list is related to a "new" setup i will present in my combovid, it won't get released anytime soon :)

the factors:

what you want to do is to get a very specific angle of momentum out of alpha FRC. you achieve this in the case of the vs. SOL combo by immediately going into j.D after you jump, then alpha. the problem obviously is, this does not work against all characters.

other examples where this combo works are:

vs. AXL & SLAYER: corner: 2d,236s, d.HS, j.D, alpha FRC, j.D, \/, relaunch

the sol setup works against several other chars, too, afaik.

Can someone help me with the specifics of chipp's new AA FRC combos? I been trying to do them but I can rarely get the alpha blade to connect after the jD, they always fall too far for it to hit. Is there a certain startup I have to use, or is it a timing issue or what? Also, do you have to be against the wall to follow up the force break after landing or is it just easier that way?

i dont understand what AA combos you are referring to - the best way to land a j.D, alpha FRC is usually after a very short air combo, close to your enemy & close to the ground.

This is usually achieved by going into alpha after 2d,236s, p, j.p.... or a floorslide combo (floorslide by j.D CH or 6k CH, or gamma blade, then dash, 2s,5hs, iad. j.p, j.D,236p).

as for following up after forcebreak, if you use the loops against heavy chars that i posted, they are all corner only - as noted.

For other followups (against light chars), midscreen is possible but very spacing specific and not worth the trouble / tension.

oh, and i hope you play accent core - j.D, 236p only combos in AC.

Yeah, I'm playing AC. I saw that a lot of the AA FRC setups start with 2D, Resshou ->short combo. I've been trying to do it a lot with 2H, 22H, jD, 236P. Does this mean that I need to be closer to my opponent and/or closer to the ground? A lot of combos seem to go into (launch) 6H IAD jP jD 236P as well. I'm just learning these so what do you think is the easiest AA FRC combo to do? I need a simple one I can practice to get the hang of it, right now I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to do... And has anyone tried using an AA FRC right after a genrou zan(leaf throw) FRC? I know I saw someone do that and it seemed interesting.

Yeah, I'm playing AC. I saw that a lot of the AA FRC setups start with 2D, Resshou ->short combo. I've been trying to do it a lot with 2H, 22H, jD, 236P. Does this mean that I need to be closer to my opponent and/or closer to the ground? A lot of combos seem to go into (launch) 6H IAD jP jD 236P as well. I'm just learning these so what do you think is the easiest AA FRC combo to do? I need a simple one I can practice to get the hang of it, right now I'm not entirely sure what I'm trying to do...

And has anyone tried using an AA FRC right after a genrou zan(leaf throw) FRC? I know I saw someone do that and it seemed interesting.

leaf throw frc is basically just another launcher - so yes, you could go into an alpha frc combo that way.

also, if you just wanna practice (and dont care for damage), then try 2d,236s, dashing p, j.p,p,k[2],k[2],D,236p FRC.

I practiced the AA combos for a while and I still can't get it to connect after the jD. I tried the ones you listed that all involved the IAD jP jD 236P, but that didn't seem to work, the jP didn't seem to want to land, either. Combos off 2D 236S didn't go much better either. The only time I could get the AA to land was doing 236P RC 6H jD 236P, and that only worked against the wall. There must be something important I'm not seeing here, it can't be this difficult just to land the AA, maybe I should study the combo vids some more... On the plus side, the force break loop wasn't too hard to get the hang of. I practiced on testament for a bit and can do the basic version of that just fine now.

HS, iad. j.p is really hard. if you cant get it to connect, practice, practice, practice. as for j.D to 236p, thats odd. are you sure you cancel the j.D into 236s fast enough? maybe you try to link the 236p after j.D.

updated the combo list for potemkin. better options for damage / spacing now. too bad the longer loops are hard against him for some reason ( cant connect s,hs, iad.jp after s,6p,s,2d,236s,236k,hs,iad.jk[2],j.D,236p,FRC)

I start inputting the 236P when the jD hits. Are you saying I should buffer it in ealier? I did try doing jK(1) jD 236P and that did make it easier as I had a somewhat higher success rate, but it seems just doing it off the straight jD is difficult. It seems the placing for exactly where you are in relation to your opponent is pickier than I thought...

but it seems just doing it off the straight jD is difficult. It seems the placing for exactly where you are in relation to your opponent is pickier than I thought...

its not only difficult, its really specific. you should try doing j.P's and j.K's before it.

Yeah, it's a lot easier that way. I keep seeing the combo vids doing it off the straight jD, so I thought it wouldn't be as hard as it is to do that. Anyway, off to training mode...

vs eddie combo (corner); 234dmg

d.S©-2S-HS->2369P \/ HS->2369P \/ S©-HS->iad+P-D->236P \/ Gamma Blade, d.5Px's4-HS

another vs eddie (midscreen to corner; extreme difficulty and techable after last 236P)

d.S©-HS->623S->RC, 2369P \/ 2369P \/, 5HS->2369P \/, S©-HS->iad.P-D->236P; 250 damage.

I see this listed anywhere, 0%, 162 dam, knockdown (hard) d.s©,s(f),2s,HS, 2369P, \/, (short pause if close to pot), S,HS, iad.j.P,D,236p against potemkin, which ive confirmed and seen in match videos. I've also seen similar combos (5hs>2369p>combo) on Robo Ky as well. Has anyone confirmed the 5hs>2369p>combo on any other characters ? I'm assuming it's mostly just because RK and PO are heavy, but I havent tested on anyone else yet.

it works on most characters, but you often have to be point blank and do just a HS without any other moves, rather unrealistic. it is really easy against pot. every time you get a hit vs. a crouching (!) opponent, try to go for a combo into 5hs, 2369P. leads to chipp's most damaging combos.

I've confirmed this works on Sol d.s©,6p,s©,2d,236s,d.p,j.p,j.p,j.k[2],j.D,236p although the timing on the dashing 5p after 236S is pretty tight, as in 1 or 2 frames id guess.

VS SOL & FAUST

NOTE: for sol, every time you go for [2d,236s, d.p], make sure to slightly(!) delay the cancel from 2d to 236s.

fullscreen, 0%, 15 hits, 131 dam, knockdown (intermediate)

d.s©,6p,s©,6p,2d,236s,d.p,j.p,j.p,j.k[2],j.k[2],j.D,236p

quote my post. the problem isn't the dashing p after the 236s, it's the delayed cancel of the rekka.

just a question about that, do you delay the rekka so that you delay the untechable time for it meaning that by delaying you allow the opponent to drop for one more frame but is it truly that important or does it effect other things as well?

the delay is mandatory - if you don't delay, you cannot hit sol with a dashing P. If you somehow manage to hit him anyway, you probably delayed the rekka without noticing it. The basic idea is to give sol more time to fall after the 2d, so he is lower in the air (then your p will connect). As we all know, sol's air hitbox is a pain in the ass (except if you're eddie, easy mode 1-hit shadow gallery loop, yay). I am pretty sure that the technique of delaying rekka after 2d can come in handy vs. other chars, and I wanted to experiment (but forgot about it / had other things to test). I encourage all of you to try and find uses for it and post them here! - maybe a 5HS after 2d,rekka that was otherwise unreliable - combos after 2d, rekka that can be extended differently although you hit the enemy with a P or HS either way and so on. by the way, this is all part of "combo theory" - when i research combos in addition to weight and hitboxes i try to pay attention to as many details as possible, including the delay of gatlings or specials (easy example: j.p,k[2],delay, j.k[2] vs. many chars).

Sign in to follow this