Sign in to follow this  
Kensou

Accent Core:Chipp Combos

Thanks ATG. Sorry, I didn't mean to steal your combo there, I just simply didn't see it lumped in with Faust.

AtTheGates - you don't have to delay 2d-rekka vs faust/sol in order for a d.5P to connect afterwards. there's just a more strict timing that's all. Also, vs Faust: fullscreen, 0%, 13hits, 149 damage, knockdown (intermediate) d.S©-6P-S©-2D,236S,236K,5P-JC,j.K(1)-j.K(2)j.P-j.D,236P (delay the 236P after j.D for the knockdown)

yeah in practicing against Sol I tried to Rekka as soon after the 2D and was still able to connect. as long as 5p hits sols random falling foot then you're good to combo. In fact, at point blank from sol, you can 2D, Rekka>walk for a few frames>5p combo or sometimes even 2D>rekka> jump >j.p>combo Granted those are when you are right next to sol, they still work.

Looking through the thread, I couldn't find any 5d combos. As discussed in pokes, it's actually quite good despite the 25 frame startup. At close range, I usually do something scrubby like j.D x3 or 4, Beta Blade at closer to max range (where homing doesn't hit) I do IAD j.k (or IAD beta blade if I'm feeling lucky) followed by something like j.k, j.S, double jump jk.jk.jS, triple jump j.HS Beta or something like that. Anyone have any other thoughts on close/long range 5d connects? I've seen impossible dusts involving 6HS, but only rarely. Not totally sure when it applies.

i'm gonna play the game vs sol and then post in a minute EDIT: vs sol close ------ 5d, j.D,ID,j.HS,\/,6hs,j.k(1),j.K(2),j.k(2),j.D,236P; 144 damage knockdown midrange/maxrange ------------------ 5d,wait as long as possible,IAD,j.K(1),IAD back, 236P \/, s©,hs,IAD,j.P,j.D,236P; 119dmg knockdown <---delay the last 236P these are the dust combos that I now use. very reliable.

Looking through the thread, I couldn't find any 5d combos. As discussed in pokes, it's actually quite good despite the 25 frame startup.

At close range, I usually do something scrubby like j.D x3 or 4, Beta Blade

at closer to max range (where homing doesn't hit) I do IAD j.k (or IAD beta blade if I'm feeling lucky) followed by something like j.k, j.S, double jump jk.jk.jS, triple jump j.HS Beta or something like that.

Anyone have any other thoughts on close/long range 5d connects? I've seen impossible dusts involving 6HS, but only rarely. Not totally sure when it applies.

there are no dustcombos because this thread is supposed to be an update for accent core - many of the old combos are still valid, especially the dust combos.

"normal" dust combo: 3xj.D, j.s,hs,beta

far dust: iad.j.k, \/, 6hs, relaunch

there are better dust combos than that (with shurikens and alphas), but imo hardly worth the effort.

i'm gonna play the game vs sol and then post in a minute

EDIT: vs sol

close

------

5d, j.D,ID,j.HS,\/,6hs,j.k(1),j.K(2),j.k(2),j.D,236P; 144 damage knockdown

midrange/maxrange

------------------

5d,wait as long as possible,IAD,j.K(1),IAD back, 236P \/, s©,hs,IAD,j.P,j.D,236P; 119dmg knockdown <---delay the last 236P

these are the dust combos that I now use. very reliable.

yeah, these arent that hard to do with a lil practice.

there are no dustcombos because this thread is supposed to be an update for accent core - many of the old combos are still valid, especially the dust combos.

"normal" dust combo: 3xj.D, j.s,hs,beta

far dust: iad.j.k, \/, 6hs, relaunch

there are better dust combos than that (with shurikens and alphas), but imo hardly worth the effort.

Where *is* the old combo list? :( One of those that got wiped and we're supposedly hopefully probably possibly getting back one day?

Happy New Year 2008 to you all.:yaaay: Just to contribute my 2 cents after reading these and appreciate your efforts to help us chipp users with those combos. In case you have full tension and dying fast, try this if you get one last opening from the opponent to turn the odds. vs characters except johnny (crazy gravity) and pot (other combos do better) near or at corner, 100%, knockdown (wild card) 100% tension = d.s©,5h,623s,RC,wait few frames,6hs,j.D,2369p,FRC,dj.D,236p,FRC,V ,(j.D,236p) or (s.©,5hs,j.D) You can try this too if you have 75% tension for practise = d.s©,5h,623s,RC,wait few frames,6hs,j.D,2369p,FRC,dj.D,236p

i updated my combolist with new info: after floor slide / gammablade, the standard 25% combo is: d.2S,HS, iad.j.P,j.D,236P,FRC, \/, 6HS, j.D however, you can add another alpha blade after the last j.D for several chars. you can only do this on shorter combos (like this one), but the exception is i-no - you can tack on that additional alpha even after longer combos. vs. dizzy: 237 dam. vs. i-no: 217 dam. vs. may: 217 dam. vs. jam: 217 dam. (hard) vs. axl: 217 dam vs. testa: 209 dam vs. anji: 216 dam vs. zappa: 209 dam vs. slayer: 199 dam vs. sol: 209 dam vs. hos: 199 dam. vs. faust: 197 dam. (keep in mind that you have to start with 5k, and you might also have to delay the last j.D, alpha slightly to get knockdown) vs. pot: 182 dam. (dont forget to do s©,2s,hs instead of s,hs at the beginning) vs. chipp: 266 dam.

new combo vs. i-no: 50% tension, 257 damage, into corner: CH j.D 2S,HS, iad.j.P,D,236P,FRC,\/,6HS, j.D,236P,FRC,delay j.D,\/,s©,HS, iad.j.P,j.D,236P you can launch your opponent any way you like for this combo - the special part is the 6HS into relaunch without air dashes (and thus without punches). since this is kind of related to the combo in the previous post, i will research if this stuff is useful on other chars as well.

Feeling like a bit of a thickie here, but when should the j.P after the iad be hitting the opponent? When they're going upwards, at the apex of the arc, or falling down again?

usually you don't have much choice, since the timing is really strict. one of the few examples where you have to have perfect spacing and timing is vs. eddie midscreen - but i can't even begin to describe the circumstances.

good news.

thanks to a new combovid i realized that i could do instant air dash combos after a floor slide against johnny if i use 6hs to start the combo, that got me experimenting.

vs JOHNNY, 25% tension, 221 damage, knockdown:

CH j.D, d.6HS, 2369P, \/,d.s©,S(f), hs, 41236k, D

you have to have a certain distance, though - too close, and the end of the combo doesn't work (have to use less hits), too far and it doesn't combo.

for those cases, you can go for iad.j.P after the 6HS.

for example:

CH j.D, d.6HS, iad.j.P,K[2],delayed j.S,\/, relaunch combo

the instant air dash part helps when you are too far away to go into 6hs, 2369P

another variation would be:

ANYWHERE, 0%, 161 dam, knockdown:

CH j.D, d.6HS, iad.j.P,K[2],S, tj.P,P,K[2], delayed j.D

researching right now:

CH j.D, d.6HS, iad.j.P,K[2],S, tj.HS[1] OR tj.S, alpha blade, FRC, continue combo

(corner only)

still trying to find out more.

OMG I've discovered JI teleport combo that results in tensionless knockdown! on Baiken: c.S (JI)>2hs>22d>j.k(2)>j.S>d.j>j.k(2)>j.k(2)>j.S>t.j.>j.k(2)>j.k(2)>j.d>air alpha 160 damage Sorry for the double post but I'm excited about this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0FXDFbcFgM&feature=related

around 4:11 Chipp throws potemkin, then proceeds to do c.S>2D>Rekka, at which POT bursts. It looks like it was going to lead into an air combo, but when I try to reproduce it I can never land the 2D.

Any suggestions?

time the s© perfectly after the throw. it's a bug - you force pot back into a standing position. make sure that the 2d isn't OTG and it should hit. also keep in mind that all hits after the throw have 50% damage reduction.

time the s© perfectly after the throw. it's a bug - you force pot back into a standing position. make sure that the 2d isn't OTG and it should hit. also keep in mind that all hits after the throw have 50% damage reduction.

I'm guessing this only works on Potemkin?

new combo JOHNNY after floor slide or gamma: CH j.D, d.S©,S(f),HS, iad.j.P,S, wait, tj.K[1],K[2], K[2],delayed D,236P. make sure to be not too close when doing the d.s©, or the HS will whiff. 171 damage, knockdown. - more damage than 6hs, iad.j.P,K[2], delayed j.S, dj.P,P,K[2],D - easier to hit confirm than the above combo - WAY harder since enemy can tech more often than not - timing (delaying) is the problem

Max range 5D tensionless knockdown on Sol (discovered myself) 5d>IAD j.k (ID start) land, jump,j.k[1]>j.S>dj>j.p>j.k[2]>j.k[2]>j.k[2]>j.S>tj>j.p>>j.k[2]>j.k[2]>j.d>236p - 88 damage pretty crappy damage for a lot of work, but figure its worth knowing there are max range knockdown combos out there

Sign in to follow this