Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Magaki

[P4AU] Teddie 2.0 Changes

Credits to Xie for the more refined list of changes:

Teddie

Standing AA (Normal)

The longer the button is held, the longer the recovery is

After the 8th hit, can no longer be jump canceled

Increased counter hit window during the move

By holding forward and the A button, the performance of the move also changes

Standing AAA (Normal)

Reduced the active frames of the last hit

Standing AAA (Shadow)

Can be normal canceled into Jumping 2C or Sweep

Can be jump canceled

Standing B

Can be normal canceled into itself for a maximum of 3 times

Increased untechable time on counter hit

Does not increased untechable time after a wall bound has occured

Standing B (2nd Hit Onward)

Increased recovery

On the 3rd swing, cannot be canceled on block

On the 3rd swing, can be canceled into jump or skills on hit

Crouching B

Increased downward portion of hitbox

Crouching C

Can be special canceled

Jumping A

Frame difference when airblocked worsened

Jumping B

On counter hit, after the ground bounce, can be ground techable

Recovery is worse when blocked

Jumping C

Increased recovery for the Persona

Jumping 2C

Persona now appears from the ground

Does not hit opponents on the ground

Can be normal canceled into Jumping C, Jumping A+B, and special canceled

No longer causes Fatal Counters

All D Attacks

Changed the attack portion’s blowback, reduced untechable time

Persona can no longer appear offscreen

Persona is no longer projectile invincible, only projectile invincible during the held version

Crouching D and Jumping 2D

Persona appears slightly farther forward

Persona slightly bounces now

Jumping D and Jumping 2D

Increased landing recovery

Now counter hit state during the motion

Sweep

Creates a different number of fish depending on the number of times the move is used

On the 3rd time the attack is used, it creates 3 fish

The hit property of the 3 fish version is different from normal

All Out Attack

Becomes invincible at an earlier time

Decreased recovery time

Jumping A+B

On hit, causes a ground bounce

No longer has an All Out Rush follow-up

Adjusted total performance, now works as a single hit overhead attack

Items

Various items now have a set 1P or 2P color

MF-06 Brahman / Heavy Armor Agni / Turbo Recon Dyaus

Can be destroyed by an opponent’s attack

Dr. Salt Neo / Mystery Food X / Muscle Drink

Can be knocked away by both player’s attacks

Can no longer be picked up as they are disappearing

Items cannot be picked up when a player is projectile invincible

Item pickup range increased

Mystery Food X

Now reduces HP when acquired

Muscle Drink

Rage time has been reduced

Bike Key

When both player and opponent acquire the key at the same time, priority is given to the player

If the opponent picks up the Bike Key, they gain 10 SP and the bike doesn’t come

Can no longer be picked up as it is disappearing

Can only be picked up while on the ground

Item pickup range increased

Dry Ice

Disappears soon after landing on the ground

Mobile Model Varna

On counter hit, causes stagger

Now foot attribute

D-Type Prithvi

After set on the ground, becomes Armor Invincible

When not invincible, can be broken by opponent’s attacks

When invincible, blocks opponent’s attacks and attacks

When an opponent is overhead this item, it attacks

Is not Armor Invincible during attacks

Amagiya Buckets

After the second row, horizontal placement is no longer affected by screen placement

Teddie Decoy

Increased the opponent’s hitstun time

On successful counter, attack active frames reduced

Bearscrew (All Versions)

B and SB Versions are no longer Fatal Recovery State

B Bearscrew

Increased untechable time

On hit, floats the opponent and allows for follow-ups

Worsened frame difference when blocked

D Teddievision

Reduced total recovery

D Teddie Warp

Added a physical attack during the rush portion

Puppet Teddie (All Versions)

Can change the trajectory of the B and SB versions by inputting Up, Right, or Left

After the attack, the B and SB version now fall faster

The B and SB versions now cause a wall bounce on air hit

The A version now only causes a wall bounce when near the corner

For the airborne versions, can act after during the drop

Reduced the landing recovery of the airborne versions

A Puppet Teddie

Reduced the recovery time

B Puppet Teddie (Air)

Increased the recovery time

2D Teddie (All Versions)

Made the hurtbox during the animation lower

Mystery Teddie SP

Can now do D attacks during the cooldown gauge of Mystery Teddie SP

SB Tomahawk

Decreased startup time

B Nihil Hand

Increased startup time

Guard Cancel Attack

Increased recovery time

Certain Persona Attacks   

Persona is now invincible when appearing until active frames (Standing C, Crouching C, Jumping C, all versions of Teddievision)

今回のシャドウクマは前より面白そうな感じするし、そこそこ強い

"Shadow Teddie looks and feels more interesting, and reasonably strong".

Not much news yet, but here's hoping they find something interesting. I'm interested how S.Teddie is going to shape up. 5AAA being jump and sweep cancellable should prove interesting at least.

今回のシャドウクマは前より面白そうな感じするし、そこそこ強い

"Shadow Teddie looks and feels more interesting, and reasonably strong".

Not much news yet, but here's hoping they find something interesting. I'm interested how S.Teddie is going to shape up. 5AAA being jump and sweep cancellable should prove interesting at least.

I can't picture in my head how 5AAA works with S.Teddie because that part of the auto combo left him in the air. Also is the poison damage "nerf" like liz's where it does the same damage but in less time, or was 5 seconds too much and now it only does 3 seconds?

I watched some of Mad's nico stream yesterday.  Initial impression is that Teddie is about the same or slightly stronger.  The nerfs aren't as important as I initially thought and cancelling bat into bat on block is extremely strong.

I watched some of Mad's nico stream yesterday.  Initial impression is that Teddie is about the same or slightly stronger.  The nerfs aren't as important as I initially thought and cancelling bat into bat on block is extremely strong.

Can't they just roll through bat, bat though? I couldn't tell from the change video if that was Naoto microdash attacking or rolling.

Can't they just roll through bat, bat though? I couldn't tell from the change video if that was Naoto microdash attacking or rolling.

Maybe, but if they mistime the roll they'll get fatal countered and put in the corner

Maybe, but if they mistime the roll they'll get fatal countered and put in the corner

Bat ain't fatal and roll counter isn't either. Has to be fatal counter move but i know exactly what your talking about. 

Bat > Bat blockstrings are I imagine going to be quite useful; changing the timing differently or even using 5C can bait rolls. The danger is just mashing into a third bat, since you can't cancel into anything if it's blocked.

I'm curious if bat > bat > bat is going to change in Shadow Frenzy. If they let you still cancel after the third bat in a blockstring during it, we could see some interesting item setups.

Don't forget that Moja and Mad are still tweeting about Teddie changes; I'm not doing very well in translating them, but Moja seems to be experimenting with Shadow Teddie more, and he got a 7.8k combo off Puppeteddie A FC.

Bat > Bat blockstrings are I imagine going to be quite useful; changing the timing differently or even using 5C can bait rolls. The danger is just mashing into a third bat, since you can't cancel into anything if it's blocked.

I'm curious if bat > bat > bat is going to change in Shadow Frenzy. If they let you still cancel after the third bat in a blockstring during it, we could see some interesting item setups.

Don't forget that Moja and Mad are still tweeting about Teddie changes; I'm not doing very well in translating them, but Moja seems to be experimenting with Shadow Teddie more, and he got a 7.8k combo off Puppeteddie A FC.

If S.Teddie is getting 7.8k off of FC Puppeteddie then his damage must not have gotten lowered as far as i though considering bearscrews and missile damage got nerfed. I was getting about the same amount of damage with non-update Teddie from Puppeteddie fatal. 

Also when it says D moves can be used after Item super, is it only Teddievision and Teddiewarp or is Missile D allowed? Also if i'm forgetting a move please tell me.

The damage nerfs were in the loketests, not sure if they made it to the patch since they didn't show up in the patchnotes.

Pretty sure 'D moves' means D normals, like throwing items. I don't think Teddievision and such were disallowed during the cooldown period.

The damage nerfs were in the loketests, not sure if they made it to the patch since they didn't show up in the patchnotes.

Pretty sure 'D moves' means D normals, like throwing items. I don't think Teddievision and such were disallowed during the cooldown period.

Yeah i tested it Teddievision does work in cooldown. But if it's only item throw (D moves) then whats the point of the cooldown?

To prevent you from using Mystery Teddie SP continuously. Probably not a factor for regular Teddie, who has better uses for his SP, but more for S. Teddie, who would otherwise be able to rain items continuously after a knockdown with Berserk.. Access to D moves means you can still throw items while waiting for it to cool down, but at a slower rate.

Found a 2.0 Teddie match and it had Teddiewarp D attack in it. What it is is the animation of Teddie sliding on his stomach as he exits the TV is the attack and it combos into 5A (this was all I saw and he only did it once.) For now I don't know if 2D Teddie slide under cross up is still a thing but I don't see why it would be taken out. The match was posted by FFxStrife on his youtube channel and it's Shinjuku Sportsland Singles [01]. Match starts at 3:58 (I know i should be posing this in the video archive but I don't know how to do it).

teddie plays an extremely bait-y frame trap style offense now (at least MADs day 1 teddie did) you really need to capitalize on item setups it looks like. I was first a little doubtful about his viability but he looks good enough, we'll find out in a month or so if this is true or not.

-Updated the first post with the actual changes and kept the twitter links.
-Second post have the loketest changes in it instead.

Found a 2.0 Teddie match and it had Teddiewarp D attack in it. What it is is the animation of Teddie sliding on his stomach as he exits the TV is the attack and it combos into 5A (this was all I saw and he only did it once.) For now I don't know if 2D Teddie slide under cross up is still a thing but I don't see why it would be taken out. The match was posted by FFxStrife on his youtube channel and it's Shinjuku Sportsland Singles [01]. Match starts at 3:58 (I know i should be posing this in the video archive but I don't know how to do it).

Either do it manually by using [ url ] and finishing with [ /url ] (without the spaces). Or if you directly want a sentence with a link, do [ url="link" ] "sentence" [ /url ].

Speaking of a video thread, I would suggest one of the main posters to make a new one for 2.0. I wish I could do it but I don't have the free time to take care of it unfortunately.

Thanks to wiredgod for posting the shadow teddie links, it's confirmed that bearscrew B works like how CH bearscrew B works, but now hit (probably only once but the opponent got CH 5B and still got the followup). 

J.b, J.2C, bearscrew B works as a combo (I figured it would in my head but now it's confirmed)

Throw, Nihil hand A is a new combo (probably only A version).

Air AoA does indeed do alot of damage instead of going for all out rush (This is probably only shadow Teddie but SP Tomahawk works after Air AoA).

Probably just my imagination but it looks like J.A CH floats the opponent longer.

Just posting this for those who don't click the links, but you can see all this if you do.

-Edit

Watching the rest of the video I found:

D Teleport new hit portion hits airborn opponents if they are low enough to the ground. Loses attack attribute if player inputs another move before the attack hits the opponent (meaning the startup of the move you just inputted doesn't get the attack frames added on from the warp.)

From what I can see it looks like rage drink lasts 3 seconds of rage after picking it up (in game timer)

Item throw now has what I can Kanji syndrome (meaning we lose cards if we don't hold down the button when we start up item throw and a projectile is currently inside Kintoki Douji, just like Kanjis D moves except we can actually prevent a card loss)

The animation of Teddie wagging his finger after the attack portion of his DP is now shorter by a lot, meaning we have a bigger chance of not getting hit if they block the DP, however the blocked frames were decreased, meaning they can move after blocking faster.

I remember seeing items had to be croutched on to be picked up, this is false. Lets just hope we can't hit rage drink away before we push the opponent into it.

2C damage was lowered from 1140 to 900.

Tomahawk (or at least the mid-air D version) seems to have the explosion damage buffed from 1500 to 1650.

The Warp attack does 400 damage.

Note that you can't pick up items while rolling, since you're projectile invincible.

Like all Shadows, S. Teddie now does 90% of his original's damage rather than 80%.

2C damage was lowered from 1140 to 900.

Tomahawk (or at least the mid-air D version) seems to have the explosion damage buffed from 1500 to 1650.

The Warp attack does 400 damage.

Note that you can't pick up items while rolling, since you're projectile invincible.

Like all Shadows, S. Teddie now does 90% of his original's damage rather than 80%.

This is based on Arena damage and not Ultimax right?

Those are the changes in 2.0 from 1.1. Our corner damage seems to be buffed at least in 2.0 since you should be able to go j.A > j.A > j.B > j.2C > j.236B > j.236236[D]. Still funny that nobody really uses Mystery Teddie SP though despite the buff.

2.0 Shadow Teddie combo video by Moja

Nothing incredibly new, but a good base for learning the character; combo thread has been updated accordingly. 236B looks like it will be a very useful combo tool for both variants of Teddie. We haven't seen anything for normal Teddie yet, but I imagine you should be able to go 5AA > 236B > stuff for slightly more damaging combos at the loss of some corner carry (which isn't too big of a deal for Teddie). You should even be able to do actual air followups (even ending into the new j.2C into status) now due to 236B floating on hit.

Mild speculation, but I suspect Nihil Hand's minimum damage might be lowered slightly; I can only guess based on the video, but I suspect it might have gone from 1400 > ~1050.