Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rsquared

Labrys 2.0 Changes

Got a couple of leaked details early on for what we're gonna see:
-Labrys default axe color gravitates towards Green again, harder to decrease the higher axe levels.

-C and SB Bull increases axe level on hit

-DP got faster on "countering a move" or something of that variety, unsure what it means. Apparently better on block?

Now here's my take on this.

See, with a steady gravitation towards Green again, Green-to-Red's gonna be a lot more consistent, especially the ones that'd drop early on cause you were in the lower part of Green Axe due to Blue Axe gravitation. Being able to keep higher axe levels longer also greatly helps the issue of "I was Red a second ago then I got reversal'd and but in Green/Blue," but that's just speculation until we see how much it was really buffed.

C and SB Bull increase Axe level on hit. We also got confirmation that throws are super-cancellable. Can be easy burst-proof damage from throw>C Bull and go from Yellow to Red. Also completely burst-proof combo route from throw>C Bull>OMB>214B>D Bull.

DP change is still sketch until we see at least -some- footage

A lot of good buffs here. I pretty much agree with your assessment RSquared. Getting the axe gauge gravitating to green again is going to help a lot. While we don't know how much of a difference it'll take to go down from higher levels of axe, any improvement in this area is pretty good in my opinion, especially when you combine them with the other improvements, which will make it easier to get to those axe levels.

The DP change is vague but I'm guessing that our DP now works the same as Brutal Impact. If we guard something during its startup, the attack will come out immediately. Need footage and reports to confirm though.

Eh? A 2.0 update is coming along? How could I miss something like that~

Easier & more consistent axe is always welcome. And here I thought it was hard for her to lose it!

Throws are now super cancellable; this can actually save us our burst. I *always* keep my burst for either finishing combos, or red axe throws. Hehe, now we can burst after a Red axe Throw>Super-Cancel D Beast for silly combos.

I'm guessing Labrys's DP is gonna come out like S.Labrys (which is obviously good). There's no way it's going to counter like Brutal Impact. Besides, Labrys's DP is excellent for baiting other characters' DP, certainly against players who have great reflexes!

Any news about her shadow version though? Same stuff I'm guessing?  :o

shadows were changed again. they now have a traditional burst, more attack power, different HP values(this is probably a nerf honestly). they changed their meter gain and how much meter costs in shadow burst so who knows how they'll end up. eitherway if you haven't been learning shadow labrys combos I'd learn a few now.

as for labrys changes, they sound nice. need to see DP in action, axe gravitation won't fuck with my green to reds, beast change is cool, throw change is nice but as always i'm more interested in the phantom changes they never talk about.

Learn Shadow Combos? Forget that, Vvvv. I'll be white knighting with Labby-chan until the day I die!

I'm guessing Labrys's DP is gonna come out like S.Labrys (which is obviously good). There's no way it's going to counter like Brutal Impact. Besides, Labrys's DP is excellent for baiting other characters' DP, certainly against players who have great reflexes!

I don't think they're making her DP similar to Shabrys' DP. The only real difference between their DPs in terms of effectiveness is that her DP has faster startup (15 vs 26). If they were making the startup faster, ASW would've just said they're increasing the DP's startup. Instead, ASW chose their words more carefully. It's going to have something to do with autoguarding an attack during its startup. What will happen after that though, remains to be seen.

On the topic of baiting DPs with Labrys DP, not going to go into it too deeply since this thread is mostly for loketest discussion but I'd consider re-evaluating the risks and rewards of this tactic.

Thanks for posting that RSquared. Not much I could tell through google translate. Praise for how long it takes to go down to yellow axe from red. SB Beast is less powerful but much faster? SB Beast seems to guarantee the axe level goes up by 1 but the C version doesn't. DP no longer comboable from CH for non charge version.

Best to wait for proper translations to get a more thorough understanding.

From stuff I had a friend translate:

-DP is faster than Shabrys' when the guard point is activated, lots of pushback on block and a lot better. Can't combo off CH DP normally unless you hold it or something of that variety.

-214A proration got fixed, a lot more otg time, 2A>2A>5B>2AB>214A>236236D works again

-Apparently takes real effort to get moved down to blue

-this one I just Google Translated cause the guy was asleep, apparently took around 10 seconds of blocking while in Red Axe to move down to Yellow.

Chain Knuckle can apparently now go into the foliow-ups even if it only hits the opponent's Persona

SB Moujuu seems to raise the axe level to red no matter what

j.B's attack level doesn't seem to have changed

With red axe, it's possible to end an auto-combo with 214B

Throw>D Moujuu in red axe does about 3900

From stuff I had a friend translate:

-DP is faster than Shabrys' when the guard point is activated, lots of pushback on block and a lot better. Can't combo off CH DP normally unless you hold it or something of that variety.

-214A proration got fixed, a lot more otg time, 2A>2A>5B>2AB>214A>236236D works again

-Apparently takes real effort to get moved down to blue

-this one I just Google Translated cause the guy was asleep, apparently took around 10 seconds of blocking while in Red Axe to move down to Yellow.

SB Moujuu seems to raise the axe level to red no matter what

O.O

This might be it guys. This might be the iteration of the game that we manage to break out of bottom tier status...I'm scared. Someone hold me!

Joking aside, this is all looking great. The only real concern now for me is to see how longer combos are looking from Red Axe now, in terms of damage and whether ASW has made any changes to Tsurugi and Houjuu.

5A floats less on aerial opponents, which makes connecting 5AA easier, but 5A>2B is harder

It might no longer be necessary to super cancel her R-Action to make it safe

Her damage is apparently worse; FC 5AA>2B>j.2B>charged 5B>236B>6AB>2C>charged DP>2B>j.2B>j.214B doesn't even do 3500, and you can't even do Moujuu afterward because the opponent techs too soon; this might be because either j.2B got nerfed or SMP is harsher

D Moujuu might do less damage, but if so, it's not by much (the player thinks he might even be mistaken)

SB Moujuu does less damage than the D version

At its peak, red axe takes a very long time to decrease to yellow; the player got comboed four times by Minazuki, but even when he got KOed, the axe level stayed at red

214AB's second hit floats the opponent, like Shadow Labrys' does; it's possible to tech it in the air, but it can combo into 5A

I think I should say this just in case:

Beware that the info that was collected is from a loketest, meaning none of this might be in the final build.

I definitely appreciate what they did regarding the info, but we sadly do not know if any of this actually stays.

I would sacrifice every single one of those buffs just for sweep > 214AB staying. also whatever happened to 5AA>5B being worst apparently?

I would sacrifice every single one of those buffs just for sweep > 214AB staying. also whatever happened to 5AA>5B being worst apparently?

5AA>5B details are still being TL'd, will add to the evernote as soon as we get the full translation on it.

Jp labrys Koma said her dp still is bad.

He mentioned being able to fight more comfortable with the axe gauge change.

He said labrys isn't too bad because of the new axe gauge system.

214AB is faster.

Didn't see this here yet bu if I'm interpreting this google translate correct, according to the Labrys loketest notes from this wiki page, It seems there's only one version of SB Tsurugi now (The AB version) and it tracks like Teddie's SB Teddievision. Neat.

We have translated -confirmed- Labrys changes guys!

(Translation by Bull [shoutouts to the most fitting name for our TL guy to have])

General change:

-Green axe gravitation back, harder to decrease, "and the reduction can be decreased by means of axe attacks."

Normals:

-5A untech time on air hit increased
-Can sweep and mini-jump cancel off of 5AAA (and any hit prior)
-5AA now special cancellable?
-increased untech time on 5AAA
-S.Type Labrys can sweep cancel 5AAA as well
-2B dash cancel added
-[2B] has more untech time and more head invuln, launch trajectory changed, now apparently a "tailspin"
-5C can no longer be mini-jump cancelled
-j.A startup decreased
-j.BB and j.2B untech time increased, no longer gain untech time from wallbounce however
-j.2B can now be done with j.1B and j.3B
-AoA guard point happens faster
-j.2B increased recovery but not in CH state
-Ariadne invuln during startup of 5C, 2C, j.C

Specials:

-DP Blockstun increased, farther pushback on block
-DP slowdown while being hit removed, invuln after startup removed, untech time increased, wallbounce distance on CH also reduced
-214A better on block
-SB Guillotine starts up faster and ground bounces
-Ariadne is now invuln when doing Weaver's Art: Sword (spike, arrow, 22A/B/C/D)
-EX Spike now faster and homes
-Ariadne is now invuln during 236C/D (Bubble).
-Bubble recovery reduced, D and SB versions treated differently (not listed how)
-Bubble shrinks faster
-C Bubble trajectory changed, now a sort of boomerang shape, projectile lasts longer

Supers:

-C and SB Bull raise axe gauge
-SB Bull gives a knockdown afterwards
-Brutal Impact hit still continues even if Labrys is hit during it. Unsure what this means. Additional GP during active frames or invuln unspecified.

Stuff shown in footage released with the official info (shown here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tjVCdJaSHAU#t=371 ) :

-Took Shabrys 5 full auto-combos to move Labrys from Red to Green, 2 from Red to Yellow
-Auto Combo>SB Bull moved all the way up to Red Axe, SB Bull started at high end of green, went up through yellow, and into Red
-point blank SB Guillotine bounce can be followed up with 5B
-Sweep>SB Guillotine confirmed

Ambiguous stuff/weird translations:

-5AA special cancellable? It was special cancellable anyway so what does this mean?

SB Beast gives knockdown?!?!?! Not sure how I feel about the bubble shrinking faster. I hope the change to the untech time concerning wall bounces for j.2B isn't too bad because I like j.2B combos but I'll deal. Everything else looks really good though. Be sure to thank this Bull guy for me. I really appreciate them taking the time to translate.

Some nice changes overall.The persona invincibility added to each move will be really nice for neutral.

I'm really curious about the actual frame data changes.