Red

Adachi Changes for 2.0

P4U2_Header_Gameplay_Discussion.png

***IMPORTANT ***

All these changes are still on development and may or may not be final

Buttface's translation of Adachi's confirmed changes by Arcsys : http://pastebin.com/51k0Ddky

Adachi detailed evernote page. Some of this already translated by Barzorx : https://www.evernote...edd7ea983c3c78d

Status Ailment Changes (Credits to Chickzama and Tomato_of_Doom for translation)

STATUS AILMENTS
5C > poison
2C > first stage poison second stage fear? (I assume it means claws poison and slam fears)
JC > fear
J2C > first stage poison second stage fear (same)
5D > shock
2D > shock
Megidola > shock
Atom Smasher > fear and confusion
Heat Riser > fear and poison
Ghastly Wail > fear and silence
Mandala > confusion and silence 

BUFFS

- Evil Smile has faster recovery, SB-version hits crouchers

- SB Mandala can be comboed without any height requirement.

- Magatsu Mandala status boost changed, after you use it Adachi's SP Skills leave 2 Ailments on the opponent.

- DP only takes 5% of Health now. No more 950 dmg to any combo after a DP (thank god)

- Scared? (Gunshot) can now be special cancelled on it's latter half. 

Possibilities (Credit to SOWL):

• You can cancel it into another Scared, Calm Down, Evil Smile and Furious Action.
  • Scared > Scared and Scared > Pain in the Ass A both connect.
  • Scared > Calm Down > Megidola is a thing.
  • However, you can only skill cancel Scared once in a single gatling string.

- From the above, we should be able to combo into Megidola.

- 2D / J2.D P2 buffed, can follow it up better than in live.

- SB Riser has a better arc, easier to follow-up.

NERFS

- DP no longer wallbounces on hit. It makes the opponent slide on the ground, so no more CH DP > 5C.

- Unable to combo off an air CH J.C. No slide, opponent can just tech.

- There's no more Rage Ailment. Status Ailments so far are Poison, Shock , Fear, Confusion and Silence.

- Megidola's Recovery Nerfed (we only have proof of the D version)

- SB Smasher nerfed. +15 after super flash now. RIP. (Still plus on block)

- Gunshot is now -3.

- 2B got a damage nerf. Used to do 700, now does 500.

- 5C(4) also got a small damage nerf.

Arcsys video showing Adachi's changes: http://youtu.be/UIy7SocmMaA?t=2m25s

FULL CHANGELIST

5AAA:

Now cancels into sweep.

2B:

Damage nerf. 700>500.

5B :
Additional hits now move forward.

5C:
Slightly less damage on final hit.

D Attacks:
Now on counterhit state until the action is finished.

5D/J5.D :
Now gives less meter to the opponent

J.C :
No longer causes a ground slide, opponent can just tech

Sweep:
Movement is slower, no change to frame data.

AOA :
Less startup, less recovery, guard point active until right before attack starts. Movement portion is slower.

Ground throw :
Gives 17 meter on hit, meter increases while Adachi laughs.

DP:
Only 5% blue health now, no longer causes wall bounce on CH, reduced untech time on CH.

Calm Down! :
Can not cancel into the same move it was used to cancel into.

Pain In the Ass:
A Version is projectile invuln partway through the animation.

SB Version :
Faster walk animation, less recovery, invuln kicks in sooner.

B and SB Pain in the Ass:
No longer share the same SMP.

SB Pain in the Ass:
Now can be special cancelled after the sideswap.

Gunshot / Scared?
More minus on block (-3), special cancellable. Can cancel into itself once.

Megidola:
More recovery on whiff, less dash inertia.

Evil Smile.
Decrease recovery for Adachi and Izanagi, wider hitbox, can no longer hit projectile invuln opponents.

SB Smile:
Hits crouching opponents.

SB Heat Riser:
Knockback changed, better followups possible. More recovery.

Atom Smasher:
Less recovery on C version, more recovery on SB version whiff. Increased startup in C and SB versions.

SB Magatsu Mandala:
Knockback changed, followups possible. Recovery increased.

Magatsu Mandala:
Status ailments changed, poison time reduced.

All C attacks + Evil Smile:
Persona now has invuln until right before the attack starts.
Edited by Red

Status Ailment changes so far (unconfirmed, might refer to SB versions only, but hope of Rage being there is very little, as well as silence)

-State abnormal together after Mandala:
5C poison
2C first stage poison second stage fear? (I assume it means claws poison and slam fears)
JC fear
J2C first stage poison second stage fear (same)
5D electric shock
2D electric shock
Megidola electric shock
Atom Smasher fear confusion
Heat Riser fear poison
Ghastly Wail fear Mafu
Mandala confusion Mafu

Still need confirmation on what Mafu means (Ice?) I wouldn't think so.

So far it looks like they're patching up his holes, while some new, interesting toys to boot! So thrilled about Evil Smile and Get Lost! getting fixed. I just hope losing the DP Wallbounce doesn't hamper our setups too badly. Overall, I'm actually pretty optimistic about this build, both for him and a lot of everything else. Even though it's not final, it seems like they're making some really solid overall decisions without going TOO crazy!

2C and j.2C inflicting Poison and Fear instead of Silence might not be that bad. Renewing the Poison will add some decent extra damage, and Fear will allow us to hit a true Ghastly Wail. Same for j.C. The real sadness would be removing Rage from Heat Riser, unblockables can't be gone ;-;

Edit: Scratch what I said. There is absolutely no difference between Mandala'd Ghastly Wail and Fear Ghastly Wail in the middle of a combo. Both versions do the exact damage. 

Changes update! I'll have to work on these for the day so be patient / try helping to translate.

First things first, Changes in this video: http://youtu.be/UIy7SocmMaA?t=2m25s

- Double gunshot ender seems safe / fast as hell. 

- SB Stance seems MUCH faster and Adachi can move sooner than in live. You can get full combo after this if prioration isn't bad?

- Sweep>gun>SB Stance>Megidola is FAST (It's the Mixup of my dreams)

- Megidola's damage seems the same

- SB Riser now has less recovery for Adachi. Player was able to SB Riser>2D (Does this mean 2D has better tracking / more hitbox on the sides?) 

- SB Mandala (2400 dmg) is comboable on the ground (as in no height requirement). Mandala tosses them your way (sorry Canine they made it easier)

**With more time to see the change, I'd say that what happens is that the edge of Magatsu Izanagi's sides now pushes diagonally, which is why Adachi was able to keep the combo. In other words, Mandala is possible to combo off if you set it up and hit them with Magatsu's left or right side, not the center of the vortex.

- SB Mandala causes panic + silence. Combo after might tell something about damage nerfs.

Now the official changes are here, I'll be working on them a bit later:

http://www.arcsystemworks.jp/p4u2/images/imp/list_ver.2.00.pdf (Third page starting from the last one)

So far I've got:

1-Something about 5A/A/A.

2-5B supposed to move forward

3-Something about D moves

4-D moves now give less meter to opponent (thank god)

5-Something about ground throw being faster.

6-Stance related (this one's too much for me)

7-Ground throw giving more sp ?

8-DP changes. Less health taken, something about the second part on CH and something about the wallbounce (?)

I'll keep updating the post. Share your impressions with everyone!

EDIT: I'm gonna number the changes so you guys can help translating on the unclear ones. They're in the same order as the image, but I think this is as far as I go. I'm gonna have to ask for you guys help.

Edited by Red

Thanks for these Chickzama.  All of this looks FANTASTIC as far as I'm concerned!  I don't sweat the Atom Smasher nerf, since it seems like they're honesty just balancing the move out, especially since we get Fear and Confusion on SB in Mandala.   Spin State was dumb and will likely hurt other characters more, combos off of CH seem to be going away for a majority of the cast, so no biggie, and as much as I will truly DEARLY miss Rage resets with Heat Riser, I fully respect that truly inescapable setups are no bueno.  I'm curious though, do we know what Mandala will give us off of regular, meterless Heat Riser, since it should only be a single Ailment and Rage is 100% gone now?

Thanks for these Chickzama.  All of this looks FANTASTIC as far as I'm concerned!  I don't sweat the Atom Smasher nerf, since it seems like they're honesty just balancing the move out, especially since we get Fear and Confusion on SB in Mandala.   Spin State was dumb and will likely hurt other characters more, combos off of CH seem to be going away for a majority of the cast, so no biggie, and as much as I will truly DEARLY miss Rage resets with Heat Riser, I fully respect that truly inescapable setups are no bueno.  I'm curious though, do we know what Mandala will give us off of regular, meterless Heat Riser, since it should only be a single Ailment and Rage is 100% gone now?

Non SB heat riser gives fear if you have mandala buff. In fact, most of Adachi's mandala effects have fear in them. If Adachi has powerful fatal combos after this update, the rage loss won't hurt as badly. 

Figured I'd give my own impressions (not everything's here, just the things that caught my attention more):

D moves
-CH state until he recovers(?)

Good. I needed a way to stop spamming 2D/J2.D online so this will do. Seems fair too

sweep
-run up animation extended(?)

Does this mean that sweep's reach is longer? It's also mentioned in the AOA changes. If so it's a welcome change.

DP
-HP cost reduced
-reduced untech time on CH
-no longer wallbounces out of corner

:toot:  for the HP change. No wallbounce means losing DP>5C but if untech time is enough we can stop getting stupid sideswaps on the corner and get actual combos.

A stance
-projectile invuln during walk

Thank you. Thank you so much. If I remember right stance's speed and distance were increased too so now we won't be zoned as easily anymore. Thank you!!

Stance followup
-B and SB version can be special canceled into a different special
-SB version can be special canceled into another followup(?)

I really want to know what this one means. New move? 236B>B and 236B>A are different now? Yes please! Stomp move pls.
Also SB version now has way less recovery, actual combos!

Gunshot
-special cancelable

Good. Double the gun, double the fun.

Megidola
-more recovery on whiff
-something about dash inertia reduced before it happen

I guess this is to make us think twice before spamming command grab. Wasn't megidola also Fatal Recovery? If so I'd say this is a pretty big nerf.

Atom Smasher
-less recovery on C version
-more whiff recovery on SB version
-slower startup on C and SB versions

RIP SB Smasher. Good to see less recovery on C version, perhaps we'd actually use it now.

I really don't care about the Evil Smile changes at all as I don't use that move, much less expect to hit people after it. Sad that there's no more rage but hey Stance and gunshot got way better so I'd say worth

Now to wait for actual footage before going too wild about opinions. Not looking bad so far though

My opinions on the change: http://pastebin.com/Z0R893tj

I also wanted to add one thing. When you look up to the stars at night, possibly wondering what lies beyond or what we have to explore, and you ask yourself, "Why? Why did they target Adachi's unblockables? He wasn't god tier. Why would you do this Arksys?" Just remember that this update targetted status ailments as a whole. They were deemed as unclear or too silly, so they were curtailed accordingly. Sadly, they may not have balanced Adachi properly to account for taking away such a big part of his kit almost accidentally. We will see in time. 

My opinions on the change: http://pastebin.com/Z0R893tj

I also wanted to add one thing. When you look up to the stars at night, possibly wondering what lies beyond or what we have to explore, and you ask yourself, "Why? Why did they target Adachi's unblockables? He wasn't god tier. Why would you do this Arksys?" Just remember that this update targetted status ailments as a whole. They were deemed as unclear or too silly, so they were curtailed accordingly. Sadly, they may not have balanced Adachi properly to account for taking away such a big part of his kit almost accidentally. We will see in time. 

If I were to take a stab at it, I'd say they are trying to move Adachi away from being too much of a 1-trick pony with his resets. Don't get me wrong, great Adachi players will absolutely try to utilize most of his kit to the best of their ability. But at the same time, the resets is a long hanging fruit in a sense. As you stated in your overview, I guess they are trying to take Adachi down the Akihiko route; get good reads and good rewards will follow. Whether these changes accomdate for that, as many others have stated we'll have to wait and see. Personally I'm looking forward to see what kind of crazy stuff people will come up with the gunshot cancels and the like, even if I also disagree with some of the stuff they did to mandala (rip 2C silence).

I asked my friend Tomato Of Doom to double check some of the translations, told me SB Mandala does track, and 5aaa does not go into p-combo just sweep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They didn't change the frames on Sweep AT ALL, so I'm guessing he just runs farther forward, so we might have more range on it now?  He uses it in the change video, so I'll check it again.  Maybe it's to compliment our new Gun Cancels?

Buttface's translation was pretty accurate, but I'll throw in Xie's just to have a second opinion (thanks Sougo!)

goo.gl/djJCKA (Adachi's changes on page 25)

I want to point some things to you all so we can discuss these: 

-5aaa is indeed sweep cancelable. I've tried this live with 5AAA>OMC>Sweep as Buttface told me. It's pretty hard to do but it is possible, but you don't get the hop combo since they tech after the 5B after SB Gunshot. It could use other routes?

-Throw gets more sp now. Pretty good IMO

-A Stance projectile invuln change seems to be "Only for some part of the animation". This is kind of a letdown but we'll have to see the final product

-Stance B and SB versions are now considered different special moves (??????) What? Is there an use of this? P1/P2? I remember canine told me that 236bb and 236abb shared P2 so combos dropped if you did the grabs on both in the same combo so perhaps it refers to that?

-SB Pain in the Ass! Can now be special canceled after the final hit (?) Again, what use is there for it? Gunshot? Evil Smile and Megidola are kind out of the picture, but you CAN grab them while in spin state... Gunshot is becoming a key on the gameplan lol

-Persona invincible in startup in ALL C VERSIONS. I remembered it only being 5C? Then this one's actually good.

Now I kinda want to get your attention on this one:

Calm Down! (All Versions)

Cannot be canceled into the same normal that was used to cancel into it

What do you guys think this change means? As I take it, it means that, the normal you cancel into Stance can't be used to cancel stance. This could mean that 5a>stance>5a can't happen while 5a>stance>5b can, but stance can't be cancelled into normals to begin with, unless said normals are persona normals.

5C>Stance>5C is nearly impossible with the time magatsu spends recovering, and the idea itself makes me want to laugh. 5C>Stance>5C? Really?

The other possible normal is 2c, and while this is possible... what use is there? You can't 2c>stance on 2c whiff, and even if you do hit them with it, what do you do with this? Another 2C when in stance? A followup? If that was the case I'd just wait for slam to happen. I don't know what to think of this change.

Could this mean that stance can now be canceled into normals and that followups have changed inputs? This could be a huge change, but I don't see it happening. I mean

5a>stance>5b>5c>Gun>Stance>5b>5c>gun? What is this pressure again?

Edited by Red

Buttface's translation was pretty accurate, but I'll throw in Xie's just to have a second opinion (thanks Sougo!)

goo.gl/djJCKA (Adachi's changes on page 25)

I want to point some things to you all so we can discuss these: 

-5aaa is indeed sweep cancelable. I've tried this live with 5AAA>OMC>Sweep as Buttface told me. It's pretty hard to do but it is possible, but you don't get the hop combo since they tech after the 5B after SB Gunshot. It could use other routes?

It's possible that they lower the proration on 5AAA (which is quite possible), allowing us to do more stuff. As of now, if nothing else change, this is only useful as a pressure tool. We already have 5AAA > SB gunshot from 1.1 if you want a follow up from 5A with 25 meter - though it's only possible near the corner.

-Throw gets more sp now. Pretty good IMO

Hm.... Xie didn't mention anything about gaining more SP which sucks. He said that we gain SP during the animation so that we can super cancel it with the meter. Adachi current throw only gives a measly 2 SP currently. Let's hope for a stealth buff.

-A Stance projectile invuln change seems to be "Only for some part of the animation". This is kind of a letdown but we'll have to see the final product

The later invul is to prevent it clashing with the SB version. I'm sure it's fast enough that we can react to projectile and walk through them.

-Stance B and SB versions are now considered different special moves (??????) What? Is there an use of this? P1/P2? I remember canine told me that 236bb and 236abb shared P2 so combos dropped if you did the grabs on both in the same combo so perhaps it refers to that?

Yep, Canine was complaining to no end about this in 1.1. Good for them to not half ass our moves.

-SB Pain in the Ass! Can now be special canceled after the final hit (?) Again, what use is there for it? Gunshot? Evil Smile and Megidola are kind out of the picture, but you CAN grab them while in spin state... Gunshot is becoming a key on the gameplan lol

well in the video they did 236AB > 236BB so you could use it as a double sideswap thing. I'm also pretty sure that they count the multi hitting part of the follow up to be as 1 proration so we can have more combo options.

-Persona invincible in startup in ALL C VERSIONS. I remembered it only being 5C? Then this one's actually good.

It was always the C buttons persona attack. Evil smile invul is nice. J.C gets better but not that much better since nobody actually hit the persona but us during the start up. 5C invul have can be very interesting in neutral.

Now I kinda want to get your attention on this one:

Calm Down! (All Versions)

Cannot be canceled into the same normal that was used to cancel into it

What do you guys think this change means? As I take it, it means that, the normal you cancel into Stance can't be used to cancel stance. This could mean that 5a>stance>5a can't happen while 5a>stance>5b can, but stance can't be cancelled into normals to begin with, unless said normals are persona normals.

5C>Stance>5C is nearly impossible with the time magatsu spends recovering, and the idea itself makes me want to laugh. 5C>Stance>5C? Really?

The other possible normal is 2c, and while this is possible... what use is there? You can't 2c>stance on 2c whiff, and even if you do hit them with it, what do you do with this? Another 2C when in stance? A followup? If that was the case I'd just wait for slam to happen. I don't know what to think of this change.

Could this mean that stance can now be canceled into normals and that followups have changed inputs? This could be a huge change, but I don't see it happening. I mean

5a>stance>5b>5c>Gun>Stance>5b>5c>gun? What is this pressure again?

This is an odd change and makes no sense. I doubt that we can do stance > 5b since the tackle is still a thing (unless they change the input for that which is nice). That would make our pressure even more riddiculuosly stupid so I doubt it's anything major.

Adachi 2.0 finds and tweets are tagged with: #P4U2足立

I don't know if I should put this here or in combo thread but, new routes/combos etc.

From @0323JUN1 :

既存コンの

2Bch>JCスカ>5B>2C>mjc>JC>Bウザカス>5B>5C>JB>JC>J2D

は3800に落ちてました

SBメギドfc>5C>Bウザカス>5B>5C>2C>mjc>JC>2B>J2C>J2D

これで3900

Not sure what this is?

全体的に火力がダウン

それでも25%fc始動で3900減るからまだ戦える?

I assume the combos Chickzama posted are corner slide ones, because 5B after 236BB doesn't make sense otherwise.

Anyway the last combo is pretty neat, but I'd like someone to double check damage/possibilty live?

SBメギドfc>5C>Bウザカス>5B>5C>2C>mjc>JC>2B>J2C>J2D

SB Megidola Fatal Counter>5C>B Tackle (slide)>5B>5C>2C>HOP>J.C>2B>J2C>J2D

It seems like small damage? I'd like it if someone else could check

Translations are greatly appreciated.

From Noze (@Npittan):

中央マンダラコンボ

2Bch>JCスカ>5B>2C>mjJC>(5C) >SBマンダラ>5B>2B>J2C 3371(5C挟むと3779)

5C挟む場合はmjJCにディレイ。

SBマンダラ後を5B>5C追加>SBウザい>D亡者で5500くらい

A連ウザいからもSBマンダラコンは繋がる。 AAAA>SBマンダラ>5B>5C>2C>mjcJC>5B>5C>J2C>SBウザい>D亡者 5340

(Not sure what this says?)

投げ>Bヒートライザのキャンセルはゲージが10増加するまで繋がる。ch時、fc時共通

From @0323JUN1:

ダウン取れる技で追撃をせずデビスマ〆 すると連携になるぐらいデビスマの硬直は減った

ペルソナもすぐ使えるし割られることは少なくなった

とりあえずfc始動だけど適当〜SBウザ>SBデビスマ>微ダ5Aがはいった

50%で恐怖持続は正直微妙だけど

From @Matugen_N_tukas:

(相手しゃがみ)中央

5AA>5B>5C1>2AB>Bライザ>2Cmjc>J2C>5B>2C(>ビビった) 3483

(相手しゃがみ)端

5AA>5B>5C1>2AB>Bライザ>2Cmjc>J2C>Bウザ>5B>5C>2C>ビビった) 3559

Translations are greatly appreciated.

From Noze (@Npittan):

中央マンダラコンボ

2Bch>JCスカ>5B>2C>mjJC>(5C) >SBマンダラ>5B>2B>J2C 3371(5C挟むと3779)

CH 2B > whiff j.C > 5B > 2C > hop j.C(5C)* > SB Mandala > 5B > 2B > j.2C (3371 damage, 3779 with the 5C)

*I believe it means the 5C is optional

5C挟む場合はmjJCにディレイ。

SBマンダラ後を5B>5C追加>SBウザい>D亡者で5500くらい

Not sure about the first line, but the second is something around

SB Mandala > 5B > 5C fullversion > SB stance > D Ghastly Wail (5500 damage)

A連ウザいからもSBマンダラコンは繋がる。 AAAA>SBマンダラ>5B>5C>2C>mjcJC>5B>5C>J2C>SBウザい>D亡者 5340

5AAAA > SB Mandala > 5B > 5C > 2C > hop j.C > 5B > 5C > j.2C > SB stance > D Ghastly Wail

(Not sure what this says?)

投げ>Bヒートライザのキャンセルはゲージが10増加するまで繋がる。ch時、fc時共通

Not sure either, but I think it's about canceling into B Heat Riser for the 10% attack boost and how it acts with CH and FC extra damage.

From @0323JUN1:

ダウン取れる技で追撃をせずデビスマ〆 すると連携になるぐらいデビスマの硬直は減った

ペルソナもすぐ使えるし割られることは少なくなった

とりあえずfc始動だけど適当〜SBウザ>SBデビスマ>微ダ5Aがはいった

50%で恐怖持続は正直微妙だけど

From @Matugen_N_tukas:

(相手しゃがみ)中央

5AA>5B>5C1>2AB>Bライザ>2Cmjc>J2C>5B>2C(>ビビった) 3483

Crouch confirm:

5AA > 5B > 5C(1) > 2AB > B Heat Riser > 2C > hop j.2C > 5B > 2C (>reset) (3483 damage)

(相手しゃがみ)端

5AA>5B>5C1>2AB>Bライザ>2Cmjc>J2C>Bウザ>5B>5C>2C>ビビった) 3559

Crouch confirm:

5AA > 5B > 5C(1) > 2AB > B Heat Riser > 2C > hop j.2C > B stance > 5B > 5C > 2C (>reset) (3559 damage)

- DP no longer wallbounces on hit. It makes the opponent slide on the ground, so no more CH DP > 5C.

http://youtu.be/CAecTznQbRc?t=12m8s

Immediate reaction: sad. they don't even CH j.C slide; they just waft above the ground, looks unsafe on hit somehow...

http://gifsound.com/?gif=i.gyazo.com/73848c91de85213b9136cfe7c2501b73.gif&v=TeXatquVqAc

Look at the meter. Laugh. Look at the meter again. Laugh harder.

Reaction: Excessive joy. 17 meter?!