Red

Adachi Changes for 2.0

This is the best buff we got TBH.

Real talk, it is! Not only is it hilarious, all that meter gain is delicious. We can always use meter.

OK, new JP stuff from twitter:

From @bite_dust:

固めのSBデビスマ大事!SBビビより強い!

画面端の魔封恐怖セットプレイ2択

Cコマfcいつもの>3600+毒

5B3fc>dc5B3>5C>2B>JC>5B3>5C>足払い>Aウザ>3450+毒

5B追加が前進するから5C2Bが入りやすい

画面端5C>SBデビスマ>5C~、地上くらいでも空中くらいでも低ダJC入れ込んで、空中くらいなら5Bで拾う

ガードされてても暴発しないけど固めへの反応がちょっと遅れるのだけ問題

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First one says that SB Evil smile is so good it's better than SB gunshot? I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS

Second one: 

5B3fc>dc5B3>5C>2B>JC>5B3>5C>足払い>Aウザ>3450+毒
5B追加が前進するから5C2Bが入りやすい

3 full 5B's? That's like, nine slaps in the face in the same combo. I love you Adachi.

5B(3)>dash cancel>5B(3)>5c>2b>jc>5b(3)>5c>sweep>A Run for 3450 dmg and poison

Says 2b>5c is possible thanks to 5B's additional hits making adachi move forward. Gotta admit, I didn't think of that! Should make better routes /easier combos.

And the third one is....

Wait a minute.

It says "something something" 5C>SB Smile>5C...

Loki.gif

(DOUBLE CHECKING WOULD BE WELCOME THO, I DON'T WANT IT TO BE 5C AIR HIT>SB SMILE> 5C SHEANINGANS PLS LET IT BE REAL)

Adachi gains meter while he's laughing at his opponent after tripping them. To be honest, I don't think I could've asked for a better buff. 

Going to be editing first post now 

Also I found this on twitter:

逆ギレ1>SBマンダラ>5B5C>2C>mjJC>5C>SBウザい>D亡者 4500くらい。「23F無敵中段」と言えば聞こえはいい。マンダラ中なら魔封つくし

DP>SB Mandala>5b>5c>2c>hop>jc>5b>SB run>D wail for 4.5k. Should check what the other part means. Good to see DP is not dead yet

Based @Barzorx from Twitter translated the entire right-hand notes column:

Copy paste inbound:

2b:

1~12 grounded, 13~33 airborne, 34~50 grounded, ver 2.0 damage went 700->500

5C:

"you can cancel 1st hit into specials or other persona moves"

similarly 2C says exactly the same thing for 5C so that's interesting

on 5C "ending" damage went down from 838->789

aerial grab damage is now first hit 300, second hit 1500

Magatsu Mandala SB is -1 on frame advantage

All heat risers startup is now up to 11 frames, A,B, SB recoveries are -19, -7, -3 (SB is the one that changed, -1 -> -3)

Evil Smile all versions now hit crouching enemies too

(THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT)

Atom Smasher no real changes other than on C version it seems to be -25 frames? super nerfed from previous -10 frames

ah okay so the active frame starts on 4, and lasts +15 frames on C and SB. D version is 4+30 frames.

so D and SB end up with +2 frame advantage, C ends in -25.

Scared? (Gunshot) can be cancelled into any other skill once on A, B and SB, A and B are now -3 instead of -1, SB retains +13

Stance has invul frames from f12-39, but i dont know what part of the body / against what kind of attack

because i cant read the kanji its too smudged in. A has that invul i mentioned, B has none and SB is 10~33

i can only not read 5d and 2d changes they are far too smudged in. i can only tell j2D and 2D have same changes whatever they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before there's any hype, I got a bunch of responses on devil smile about people getting super hype for it and there's a couple of things I'd like to clarify:

1. the document is really smudgey on some kanjis and im having a lot of trouble reading some parts.

2. my japanese is slightly rusty, and i sometimes confuse a bit what kanji im reading. upon further inspection and using a dictionary to help me, I can say that SB devil smile searches the enemy position, hits even crouching enemies, but that's it. I can not confirm because of the way the document is both worded/split into boxes that C and D will cause fear, and I apologize for any undue hype this might cause.

I'm rereading the entire document (or what I CAN read thats not too packed in tightly) and I can say the rest is pretty accurate. I'll come in a few to also translate 2D since im literally using a magnifying glass just to make sure where the kanji strokes start and end >_>

Would someone mind clarifying the part about 2B for me?  I know we're losing 200 damage, but are those numbers the new frame data for the normal, or did we just get some invincibility on 2B, which sounds AMAZING?

2B is invulnerable from frames 7-19. The column with the letters 無敵 literally mean "invincible", so thats your go-to for invul frames.

Compiled all the stuff I found in this thread on

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Persona_4_Arena:_Ultimax_2.0_patch_notes#Adachi

Tell me if I'm missing anything or if something is wrong, everything looking good?

Evil Smile hitting crouches has only been confirmed so far for the SB version. Other than that I don't see anything missing. I'll edit if i find anything.

Evil Smile hitting crouches has only been confirmed so far for the SB version. Other than that I don't see anything missing. I'll edit if i find anything.

Based @Barzorx from Twitter translated the entire right-hand notes column:

Copy paste inbound:

Evil Smile all versions now hit crouching enemies too

(THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT)

Not confirmed?

Edit: changed back until further confirmation.

Not confirmed?

Barzorx said it himself

Before there's any hype, I got a bunch of responses on devil smile about people getting super hype for it and there's a couple of things I'd like to clarify:

1. the document is really smudgey on some kanjis and im having a lot of trouble reading some parts.

2. my japanese is slightly rusty, and i sometimes confuse a bit what kanji im reading. upon further inspection and using a dictionary to help me, I can say that SB devil smile searches the enemy position, hits even crouching enemies, but that's it. I can not confirm because of the way the document is both worded/split into boxes that C and D will cause fear, and I apologize for any undue hype this might cause.

I'm rereading the entire document (or what I CAN read thats not too packed in tightly) and I can say the rest is pretty accurate. I'll come in a few to also translate 2D since im literally using a magnifying glass just to make sure where the kanji strokes start and end >_>

EDIT: Oh right I forgot. The megidola increased recovery is for the D version only. We don't know if recovery on C/SB has changed or not. I'm pretty sure it's D megidola in the video because of the longer startup.

Barzorx said it himself

EDIT: Oh right I forgot. The megidola increased recovery is for the D version only. We don't know if recovery on C/SB has changed or not. I'm pretty sure it's D megidola in the video because of the longer startup.

Alright, will change until footage comes out at least, I read somewhere on here that C/SB also got changed on the forum but eh.

Edit: I assume Inertia is still universal for all Megidolas, so I'll keep that, should change to all versions for taht anyways.

Yeah I definitely don't see anything else. I said the megidola thing because it's the only one we have proof of, but translation DOES mention the change being for just "megidola". I'd wait until we can get further confirmation.

I'll PM you with details if anything else shows up / I find something.

2B is invulnerable from frames 7-19. The column with the letters 無敵 literally mean "invincible", so thats your go-to for invul frames.

to clarify, because Khalin said something about this to me yesterday, it's still only head invuln, not full invuln

Not confirmed?

Edit: changed back until further confirmation.

it definitely only says anything about hitting crouchers in the notes for the SB version, not the other two.

to clarify, because Khalin said something about this to me yesterday, it's still only head invuln, not full invuln

it definitely only says anything about hitting crouchers in the notes for the SB version, not the other two.

alright thanks for the clarification Buttface, (goddamit we were so close :toot:) 2,0 change list edited~

Working on transposing/translating Adachi's 2.0 frame data so I can stick it in the wiki easily later...here's what I have so far: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1r8pYjJXDr92Wqwjbtu9BtCxjghl7apVJS-bsB53OlWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Thanks to Tomato of Doom, Barz and Adachi Skype for translations and misc help!

Got a chance to play the 2.0 update at my local round 1 arcade. This thread is probably dead but if anyone is curious about confirmed changes in 2.0 I've had some experience with it. 

On 24 de julio de 2016 at 4:09 AM, VexedPB414 said:

Got a chance to play the 2.0 update at my local round 1 arcade. This thread is probably dead but if anyone is curious about confirmed changes in 2.0 I've had some experience with it. 

Hey you got to play with him at least. That's a start for when it gets released on consoles right??

In all seriousness, I had some questions / tech I wanted someone to try if they had a chance at playing 2.0, so if you could try or answer them that would be great. Although my main question is how did the gunshot (214) changes feel to you, because I think that it's his most important change.

For his new tech, have you tried something new? Back when the first news came out we were wondering if he would be able to SB Tackle > B Stance > D Megidola consistently, because it would be a nice increase on standing damage for 25 meter + OMB possibilities.

Some other things I'd like to know (when you have the time of course) are :

- Have you found good uses for Evil Smile aside from Fear Setups or baiting things like Yosuke's DP? Since CH DP got nerfed you can't really do those 5C > Smile setups anymore (and some characters could punish you for them) . SB Smile could be used in 1.1 to hit people out of hops, which were used early in 2.0 to avoid the gunshot>gunshot gimmick he had. I'm interested on possible new uses for this move (dunno why, never gonna play it)

- Have you tried using his new gun-stance to improve the pressure game? IIRC, in 2.0 he's allowed to do gun > special , but i'm not sure about the limitations he has. Can he do gun>gun>stance?

Even if he can't, being able to do gun>stance gives him a lot of cool stuff for pressure. For example, you could 5A>2A>5B>gun>stance>5C>2B>J.C> go back to the beginning or gun>stance>5C>gun>stance>megidola. There are a lot of possibilities, so if you could look into what restrictions he has here it would be great. Of course, with so many gaps you'll get DP'd sooner or later, but since gun is safe on block, you could always just stop. His new pressure game could be interesting. This is definitely a point I'd like you to look into if you can.

- Have you caught anyone with SB Smasher? Tell me you have.

Also in case you didn't know, it's a better starter now so you can 5B>2C route after it without CH now.

I think that should be it for now. I'm interested on hearing your opinion on the character when you get a bit more time with him. Have fun playing 2.0!