Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT] What's a Litchi?

lol I'm surprised you don't know what it means, considering your sig. It means dragon punch motion, you input as 623.

Lol thanks, I know what a dragon punch was just not the acronym for it xD

I was wondering why there's no mention of RC combos, from what i've seen there obviously isn't a lot of opportunity or chances to gain enough damage warranted after an extremely lengthy combo, but since litchi's heat is usually used for block mixups and occasional TGW combos, I'd assume if you could get ~1k damage from a rapid it'd be worth it, especially if it was the guaranteed kill from a mixup

I was thinking during a mixup seeing haku hit confirm as your low and going into hak-hat-chu-rc-jC-hak-hat-chu

anyway, I've done it a couple of times to guarantee kills from a block mixup, but is it just better to save heat throughout the match anyway?

The only time i really RC is 6a haka chun RC 5b tsubame and so on, I'm never close enough to 2d after 6a. It will teach them to stop blocking low so much.

Theres a better combo than the one you posted there.

Must be near a wall and your stick close.

Haka churn Hatsu Haka Chun 5b jbc dj D falling c 6c tsubame 6c

I just started using this and i love it, 4k i think?

The only time i really RC is 6a haka chun RC 5b tsubame and so on, I'm never close enough to 2d after 6a. It will teach them to stop blocking low so much.

Theres a better combo than the one you posted there.

Must be near a wall and your stick close.

Haka churn Hatsu Haka Chun 5b jbc dj D falling c 6c tsubame 6c

I just started using this and i love it, 4k i think?

honestly I was thinking along these lines, so I went and tested out what I can do with a 6A[m]-haku-rc since mid hit setups with staff seem to only lead to ~2k unless someone discovered something more damaging? and it turns out since the haku gives it enough time to get out of manten return you can start an Ippatsu or Tsubame combo for each character(carl's is extremely unforgiving timing though, why do you have to have such a weird hitbox)

would be interested in any other ideas people have for setting up RCs though, I always seem to end rounds with 50% or more heat and it feels like a waste, honestly though I play ragna as my other main so having excess heat always feels like a waste to me

Aside from RCing for safety, 6a[m] RC combo, or RCing a staffless combo to go for a kill, your meter is probably best spent on her supers. All her supers are very good. Maybe CA if you get caught staffless in a bad spot.

Aside from RCing for safety, 6a[m] RC combo, or RCing a staffless combo to go for a kill, your meter is probably best spent on her supers. All her supers are very good. Maybe CA if you get caught staffless in a bad spot.

like RC tsubame? CS CAN ONLY COME SO SOON:vbang:

Tsubame is not RCable in CS. Like already mentioned, meter is best spent on supers, extending combos to kill, and CAs.

sorry for the bad read on sarcasm~

Depends on how you like to use your heat. I always like ending the match with double AG. I tend to get a alot of mail about the double AG.

I use it for safety measures and going for the kill. Once someone knows Litchi, the super setups become useless with how slow the game is.

You just have to mix it up with her distortions. Litchi is like a snow flake, no 2 litchies are the same. Someone thats really aggressive i can usually catch them in their air dash with AG and then a counter AG :yaaay: game over.

All Green is still hot stuff even if you feel your opponent can block everything at least.

wouldn't it just be best to go for a TGW mixup? granted it can be IB'd out of but AG is risking 50% heat for a "possible" 3-4k in-the-best-scenario damage, whereas a TGW mixup is a lot more momentum and damage if you can time your hits and tech time correctly.

wouldn't it just be best to go for a TGW mixup? granted it can be IB'd out of but AG is risking 50% heat for a "possible" 3-4k in-the-best-scenario damage, whereas a TGW mixup is a lot more momentum and damage if you can time your hits and tech time correctly.

depends on the situation, but in general wheel can be reacted to nearly 100%, and even dodged.

whereas AG is instant, if they are in the middle of their attack they cant do anything at all. good round ender, since many people would attempt long pokes while they are near death.

Hey guys, i'm trying to pick up Litchi as a new sub because i really enjoy how she works when playing against other opponents. Lots of Matenbou mind games =). I'm having troubles with her combos though, can someone suggest a couple BnBs for me to start with?

Hey guys, i'm trying to pick up Litchi as a new sub because i really enjoy how she works when playing against other opponents. Lots of Matenbou mind games =).

I'm having troubles with her combos though, can someone suggest a couple BnBs for me to start with?

Use the following for mantenbou:

Ohh simple. I suggest you learn the following, this is in CS though.

Half way or corner.

5B->5C(2 hits)->3C->[D] ]D[->iad. C->2nd hit->6C>tsubame->6C->3C->(optional placement or retreat)

Whole screen drag into corner. (Your back must be nearer to the corner)

5B->5C(2 hits)->41236D-C->j. chuun->2C->j.B->j.C->j.D->dash C->2nd hit->6C->tsubame->6C->3C->(optional placement or retreat)

Use the following when you don't have the staff.

5B->5C->2C->3C->2B->2C->j.B->j.B->j.C->hatsuu->chun->(optional retreat)

I did those when I relearned Litchi on stick. You might want to practice the one with chuun its very useful when you want to put the opponent on the corner in one combo. Mind you j.chuun is hard.

5b 6b 5c 2c 6c (dash) 5c j.bc 5c j. bc 236b 236 c this is a non staff combo does about 3400 but a little hard. if you dont get the dash in you will not be able to connect the second j.bc. (i think this is correct im at work right now and trying to remember.)

Does anyone mess around with Ryuuiisou? I don't see any Ryuuiisou combos in there, and I currently use the following two combos to some effect 3/4ths screen 6A[m], Haku Chun Ryuuiisou Tsubame 6C 3C (~3k) Mid screen or opponent near wall 5B 5C Haku Chun Ryuuiisou iad JC 3C Haku Hatsu Chun (~3.5k) Not the most damaging obviously but if you can take what damage you can give, why not. Kinda also wonder if this will still work in CS with the slower Ryuuiisou start up. With the 2nd one, if you're too far to one side of the screen (not the area), your airdash won't get you close enough to the bounce before they recover, and even if you do it you'll still whiff the 3C follow up. If you still have problems picking them up, you can try to wait an extra few frames before the recovery off the chun before you start the Ryuuiisou.

I just figured out how to do Ippatsu combos from a throw. Corner okizeme: 6Throw Haku RiichiA IppatsuA (char specific) drop rising jC jc j[D] ]D[ falling jC 6C tsubame 6C 3C (char specific) (AC) Ragna, Litchi, Hakumen (BC) Jin, Noel, Nu, Rachael (CC) Taokaka, Bang, Arakune Timing is haku RiichiA ASAP, IppatsuA delayed as long as possible, second staff strike immediately after (small delay if its an A). Easiest on Hakumen, very difficult on Rachael, and easier than the typical Nu/Jin/Noel Ippatsu combo on everyone else. Hitting the first Ippatsu as low as possible helps to hit the C strike as low as possible. Noel and Tao tend to be able to tech out if the jC hits too high. If the character has a timing quirk on the usual Ippatsu combo, it'll generally stay here as well (i.e. Bang needs the first 6C delayed a little). Rachael is a bit of a special case. ACC will always hit, ABC hits if you delay the A a bit, and AAC hits when the first A is delayed even more. ABC has given me the best luck, but I'm not sure which set is best. She doesn't fall as fast as the others which is part of the reason she's so difficult to land this on. Its probably just a timing quirk I haven't figured out yet. This combo does about 3.8k.

Those have been known for a while now. I just didn't post them due to their general impracticality.

they are a little bit hard to connect. but when you do its nice damage. i really only use them when i have them in the corner and it seems like its easier to pull off.