Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT] What's a Litchi?

I'm having a lot of trouble with inputting the "dash" in this combo: 5B 5C(2) 3C {D} iad JC haku staff2 dash JBC land tsubame 6C, and doing the alternate version is even harder for me. It just doesn't seem like it would give me the time to dash before the mantenbou comes back and hits the opponent. If I am somehow able to dash, the mantenbou will already be back in Litchi's hand when "C" hits in "JBC". Is there a specific timing or some trick to this? Anything that can help is appreciated, thanks.

Oh, that combo... .. . ... Yeah, it is very length dependent. I can't even get that combo to connect regularly. Might be harder on characters like Carl too... You do have to dash to get Tsubame to connect. But, the positioning is a little bit before half-way in order to get it perfect. The staff just doesn't give enough time to complete the JBC if you do it too close to the edge. If it helps, delay the staff return after 3C for a few millisecs... that usually helps a lot when dealing with these high-end, pin-point combos she has.

you delay the stuff return by sending it later, (after 3C), you've quite a lot of time there. but flour is right, u just haku and dash in beliving in your stuff. what i meant is that you don't really need to *see* the dash, i think your input should be looking like 667 (or even 8, it won't matter). think of it as buffering the dash.

I agree with that, but remember that itsuuC combos are specific for your position in the screen (from the middle of the map you can't go for the "regular" version..)

From corner to about half screen, 3C[m] combo or ItsuuC combo.

From half screen, if you do the haku 3c[m] combo, its likely that you'll have to do xx iad jC haku staff 2 tsubame > ender.

If you do ItsuuC combo, it should still land.

Getting closer to the corner, if you do 3c[m] combo, you can try dashing deep for 6C Tsubame 6C ender, but it doesn't work sometimes. You can try xx iad jC dash 5C jbc land tsubame 6C 3C. At this same position, for Itsuu combo, xx itsuuC j8Chun 2C jump jBCD airdash jBC land tsubame 6C tsubame whatever ender. This only works if the 2nd jBC has Litchi touching the corner. If you aren't confident in this, you can just do the normal combo but end it in jChun.

For the position where I was, yes Itsuu combo would've been a better choice since it will end with my opponent near the corner, but that's not always possible if there is a quite a gap inbetween us making Itsuu C miss. Because of that, I'll need to use 3c[m] combo right after 5B,5C. I don't really have trouble doing 3c[m] combos in the corner since I don't have to worry about doing that lightning quick "dash". I can do the other combos just fine, but this one is a different story. I've also tried buffering the dash, but it still doesn't seem to come out correctly. At which instant do you buffer? Like: before staff2 hits, after it hits, an inch away before it hits, ect.

If 2C is missing you're screwing up the input time for your chun. I generally use 7Chun. It works to be more consistent for me. That being said, I didn't even know it was possible to finish that combo with 5B. EDIT: I recently discovered that for Nu, Noel and Litchi this corner combo works: throw, ItsuuA, 2B, 2C, j.B jc CD falling C~ I much prefer it since the superjump in the listed combo has a tendency to come out as tk haku. :vbang: I'll sacrifice the lost damage of that missing 6C for consistency.

I was able to finish the whole Itsuu combo: 5B, 5C, Itsuu C, j8Chun, 5B, 9BCD, air dashC, 6C, Tsubame, 6C, 3C, from near half screen. 2C works on some of the characters like Ragna and I've discovered that it works with the input: 5B, 5C ItsuuC, 5Chun, then 2C works~. For throw I use: 4throw, ItsuuA, 2A, and 5B instead, so I don't know if "ItsuuA, 2B, 2C" is better but the only combo I'm still having trouble with is that 3c[m] combo.

God, I'm REALLY starting to get pissed of at the amount of people who picked Litchi up in CS. Just because a character got a little better the WHOLE WORLD decides to play as them and be scrubs and tier whores.

Always has always will, if you're ticked at the people runnin Litchi in CS imagine how the melty blood people are feelin right now with the giant rush on people picking it up just for Evo. (Ok slightly a lie, the entire melty blood crew is still ecstatic over getting into evo... so worthless comparison is worthless)

I'd say it's annoying that some the people picking it up for EVO think they're gonna win for free :lol: Even though that's also humurous at the same. But this isn't the thread for that.

Well considering this is the Calamity Trigger litchi thread and not the CS one it was off topic from the start, so I figured what the hey.

sometimes.... i wish i somehow made a name for myself during CT so people don't think i just picked her up. but 1: i suck and 2: i don't care, if i win i win. HARHARHAHRAHRARRRR

Probably not, and Individuals you're just a whore most of the time anyway so does it really make that much of a difference? :P I mean my group of friends who play with me (I don't think any of whom have ever beat me in a tourney, or finished higher than me, though a couple have come damn close) have started calling me a tier whore already.... but they did that in CT too because I picked Litchi and Nu to learn... But granted... I also got Fiona banned in Arcana Heart(1) cuz she's 'top-tier', so I just think they don't really care who I'm playing, just if I'm winning or not.

Can someone tell me when a character is most vulnerable, like: when is the best time to attack after they are done attacking(or done with a specific move)? A list for all the characters and examples would be nice. I'm having a lot of trouble fighting against Arakune, I don't know when that thing is opened and I can't even catch that thing. It feels like; once you're curse, you're dead. I'm also having trouble fighting Tao players, most of her attacks beats Litchi's. What is the best chance to attack after Tao does that D cancelling and goes right through you? That always crosses me up, I've tried jumping over right when Tao goes through and countering with 5B but that didn't work. Any suggestion guys?

Did you try checking those char dependent forums (Litchi matchups), or just asking there :P...

Arakune... is Arakune. I mean, sometimes I'm able to control him and sometimes I'm not. As for Tao, you just have to wait until they cross you up, then Tsubame... that one move usually saves me against crossing Tao's (but, its not really the best advice though since... they can just dance through it if mistimed). For both matchups, you just have to be patient and wait. Look for patterns :). I haven't seen two people play alike in BB... except for the combos, 2 different people tend not to abuse the same setups over and over. If you want to get technical, just look at the frame data for each individual character.