Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT] What's a Litchi?

A week a go, when I was fighting someone, I noticed that he was able to roll tech out of the corner right after 3C in (6C tsubame 6C 3C). Okay..I didn't know that, but what's the best thing to do to stop them from tech rolling out the corner? Should I 3C them again? That seems to slightly work, and I can always use: 6C tsubame JC kote (421) falling JC 3C. But the problems is, they'll know not to tech roll as soon as they see Kote Gaeshi, so it's pointless.

3C, jC8, etc. Ukemi is your maten resets. and there are various ways to use it. Watching LK showed me other ideas. I just wont use them till CS.

Ok, so I've been messing around with the basic 5B 5C(2) 3C [D] ]D[ iad j.C (land) 236A dash j.BC (land) 623D 6C, and I can't get the j.BC part after the Haku to work. I "think" my problem is that I keep catching the staff and doing j.[m]BC, but I don't know how to stop that from happening =/

That's exactly your problem. If the staff is coming back too quickly it means you're either too close to the corner and should be using a different combo, or that you're not linking quickly enough. Litchi's combos are extremely dependent on the distance between yourself and the corner. She has about 4 BnBs that you have to learn for varying distances from the corner.

Yeah, I was definitely trying to do it from such a position that I'm not sure any 3C {D} variation would have worked. I got her basic ItsuuC combo down, which seems much more versatile and lenient on positioning. The only problem I've had with this one, is... 5B 5C(2) ItsuuC j.Chun 2C j.BCD air dash j.C 6C 623D ... now right here, the downward hit of the staff keeps missing. I was practicing on Jin, if that means anything.

The character itself doesn't really mean anything... it would still work easily on tager and rachel though at that point I suppose. I believe it's once again positioning. And unfortunately I couldn't easily tell you exactly where that positioning problem is. It really does depend on your spacing to begin the combo, how well you jump chun, whether you neutral jump or forward jump or back jump for j.chun or j.bcd, and whether you compensated by putting in a little dash input before 6C. It's all quite weird. But I would try different types of jumps, and trying to fit in a slightly dash before the 6C.

Cornix-Every character in this game his a different hit box....He has to make more of a height adjustment as well as position of Litchi, the character and the corner... Arvantor-What it looks like from readin the combo is that ur Chun might be to high off the ground...U should try and TK the Chun so the height of the character will be juss enough to where u can land all ur hits...Jin does have a small hit box so u do have to make minor adjustments...but it works on him none the less... Since Jin is somebody u need to stay on...instead of the combo u posted above...try this on Jin and you'll get better results... 5B 2C ItsuuA 6B 5C jBC D IAD BC (land) 4Kote into Tsubame 4Kote 3C Its more damage too...

Oh I'm aware of the differing hitboxes, just for that particular ItsuuC works about the same on everyone but tager/rachel and carl, tager/rachel being extremely easy do to their hitboxes, and carl being tough since he's tiny. It's slightly different for each of the rest of the cast, but from doing the combo myself if you get it down for one of them the same thing works for the rest.

Alrighty, I have a question. Say you hit with a max range 5B 5C(1) such that ItsuuC will not reach. Yet you're too close to the corner for 3C {D} iad j.C haku j.BC to work. And too far for 3C {D} iad j.C 6C to work. What do you do? Can you run in and do something like 5B staff2 6C after the iad j.C? Edit: Ugh, I am stupid. I tried to remember some of the easiest combos from the list on page one, and forgot how huge the list is, I think I found out the ones I should be trying. 5B 5C(2) 3C {D} 6C staff2 6C tsubame 6C~ 5B 5C(2) 3C {D} tk chun staff2 tk chun tsubame JC kote JC~

Arvandor- If you are right in the corner, you can just start with 3C {D} dash 6C 5C Tsubame, 6C, 3C instead. The first low hit might catch your opponent off guard. For the combo: 5B 5C(2) 3C {D} iad JC haku staff2 dash JBC land tsubame 6C, it only works well if you are at 2 or 3 of the screen if the screen was arranged from 1-10. If you are at 6 of the screen, then you might have to use: 5B 5C(2) 3C {D} iad JC haku RAPID staff2 dash JBC land tsubame 6C.

okay so i've read the thread and a few other litchi threads. It's hard for me to pick out which ones are her main combos or her bnb combos or which one is the best for starting out with her. I have played this game for awhile so I know how other people will try to attack I believe i have a good poke game going with her I just don't know what combos and tactics I need to learn. Also I don't know if this is true she has a perfect block or something? I did not see it in the command list.. Help please..

I figured out why I was having problems with the second hit of Tsubame on Jin. If you hit him with it during his bounce animation (think the time you want to hit him with 6B 5C after ItsuuA,) then the second hit will whiff. You have to wait for him to be completely grounded. Shottanuhmis, I'd suggest starting out learning her ItsuuC combos, as they strike me as the most versatile. The first one would be the going to corner combo, because if you reset training mode they're in the perfect position for it. 5B 5C(1) ItsuuC j.Chun (low to ground, jump straight up or back,) 2C j.B j.C j.D air dash j.B j.C (land) Tsubame 6C 3C After that I'd mess with a corner Oki combo once you start landing the first, so do the above combo and then end with 3C 41236D 6A 5C ItsuuC Haku Chun 5B j.B j.C jc j.D falling j.C 6C Tsubame 6C 3C From there, adjusting the first combo to remove the j.B after the airdash when you're further from the corner is pretty easy. After that, I'd start learning her 3C {D} combos in case you try for the "nope, one more hit in this blockstring," or "LOW! Haha!" Then after you get those down, start working on the ItsuuA stuff, especially for throw combos and CH 6B or j.C

okay so i've read the thread and a few other litchi threads. It's hard for me to pick out which ones are her main combos or her bnb combos or which one is the best for starting out with her. I have played this game for awhile so I know how other people will try to attack I believe i have a good poke game going with her I just don't know what combos and tactics I need to learn. Also I don't know if this is true she has a perfect block or something? I did not see it in the command list..

Help please..

I got ur msg on PSN...Most of the combo's posted here r pretty practical. Write down a few and execute while learning ur screen distances...Thats one thing new Litchi playa have to get used to is distance of the corner...because if u do a non corner combo and ur too close to the corner...U have to modify it and don't get the damage u need...

I still find myself having issues with a certain distance from the corner where I can't get my ItsuuC combo to work at all. If I try ItsuuC j.Chun 2C j.BCD iad j.C 6C, then I'll do 6C[m]. So instead I try the iad j.BC Tsubame and either the j.C whiffs, or they get knocked down into Staff2. I hit people at this very special distance from the corner often enough that it's starting to drive me up the wall. On some characters I can shift to 3C {D} dash 6C Staff2 6C Tsubame etc, but on some this doesn't work either.

Is it just me or have any of noticed that Nu's corner roll tech is fast than the other characters? I've just noticed that when I was having trouble with 6C tsubame JC kote (421) dj JD falling JC on her.

It's just you, that trap works for nu, but if you can't get it to work for a forward tech go back to the 6C Tsubame 6C 3C trap, or even take out the 3C and trap forward tech by just straight D after that second 6c.

About combos, this whole time I've only known to dash 6C right after Tsubame into her BnB. But I've seen in videos that most Litchi players just dash and then use 2C instead. I've tried it and I'm having a really hard time getting the timing down because by the time I 2C, the player is able to techs simultaneously. Any suggestions?

As far as midscreen goes, if you can get it down, dash 5c is even better than 2c, and 2c is fairly interchangeable with the 6c.