Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT] What's a Litchi?

I didn't see this posted, so check this corner combo out (normally after tsubame, staffless) 5B, 2C, 3C, 623D (koti), 2B, 2C, jC, D, falling B, djB, jC, D. It works on Ragna, and it resets so you could do it again or shinshin. The final D is situational, and you can always not hit D to keep it.

Not posted because it's weak, you can do much better after staffless starters.

This may sound crazy, but what does "staff 2 mean"?

it's just the moment where the staff return (staff less D) should be hitting the second time in the combo...doesn't require any extra input, but might require some spacing/timing

I was playing around with some of the Manten return state moves (3C, 6A, etc). I've noticed that you can do the 426D move after them. However, can you do the 632146D Super during it? I tried, but I can't do it. I don't know if it is a matter of timing or if I don't understand the properties of the return state...

I was playing around with some of the Manten return state moves (3C, 6A, etc). I've noticed that you can do the 426D move after them.

However, can you do the 632146D Super during it? I tried, but I can't do it. I don't know if it is a matter of timing or if I don't understand the properties of the return state...

It's in "return" state. I've thought about trying that as well but I believe that you're only able to super when it's uh "mounted" in the ground.

It's in "return" state. I've thought about trying that as well but I believe that you're only able to super when it's uh "mounted" in the ground.

yeah i was just asking cause you can do a Four Winds from that state (you can't normally do a four winds unless the bou is in the ground as well).

Take general questions to general board, any other universal questions are going to be deleted.

I'm still having a hell of a time reliably landing her midscreen combos with 426D~C. The part I keep missing is the Chun, it either misses or I'm too far to get the combo after it. Is how you do it fairly character specific? Or is it mostly an issue of very accurate timing?

does anyone do WTIH MANTENBOU B -> C -> HCF+D -> C -> 9, QCF+C -> 2C -> 9, B -> C -> D -> 66 (in air) -> C -> 6C -> DP+D -> 6C -> 3C -> RDP+C ? The combo from the DVD, I was wondering, whats the timing on the 9, QCF+C? I always seem to do it too late, but if I just link the QCF without the cancel-i can do it just fine, but the character doesnt go high enough to complete the full combo.

No special trick, jump and Chun as soon as you're able to. Seems some people have better luck by jumping back or straight up though; jumping forward apparently can cause issues.

does anyone do WTIH MANTENBOU B -> C -> HCF+D -> C -> 9, QCF+C -> 2C -> 9, B -> C -> D -> 66 (in air) ->

C -> 6C -> DP+D -> 6C -> 3C -> RDP+C ?

The combo from the DVD,

I was wondering, whats the timing on the 9, QCF+C? I always seem to do it too late, but if I just link the QCF without the cancel-i can do it just fine, but the character doesnt go high enough to complete the full combo.

you might be doing it too early actually, try jumping up or back and THEN doing chun, instead of TKing it....if you TK it it'll go completely under the other character

If this has already been answered sorry but I just got up and am too lazy to browse. How does Litchi deal with Noel? This matchup is kinda hard for me since she goes through all my attacks and Litchis moves are kinda slow so Noel's 2/5a beats you all day. I'm getting better but I feel like I'm not doing something right. Any help would be dope

If this has already been answered sorry but I just got up and am too lazy to browse.

How does Litchi deal with Noel? This matchup is kinda hard for me since she goes through all my attacks and Litchis moves are kinda slow so Noel's 2/5a beats you all day. I'm getting better but I feel like I'm not doing something right. Any help would be dope

If she's the air-dash rush down kind of noel, I generally try to zone her out with j.C[m]. On counter-hit you can follow up with the combo of your choice to regain momentum and control. If she's drive mashing on you, IB her hits and tsubame her through her drive.

Best way to deal with her 5A is to keep zoning her so that she's just at the sweet spot for 5B[m] to connect but still be out of range for 5A.

How does Litchi deal with Noel? This matchup is kinda hard for me since she goes through all my attacks and Litchis moves are kinda slow so Noel's 2/5a beats you all day. I'm getting better but I feel like I'm not doing something right. Any help would be dope

Yeah, I've been having trouble with this match up as well.

If she's the air-dash rush down kind of noel, I generally try to zone her out with j.C[m]. On counter-hit you can follow up with the combo of your choice to regain momentum and control. If she's drive mashing on you, IB her hits and tsubame her through her drive.

Best way to deal with her 5A is to keep zoning her so that she's just at the sweet spot for 5B[m] to connect but still be out of range for 5A.

Thanks for the tips.

If anyone can offer some additional advice it would be greatly appreciated. :)

Hmm, quick question regarding combo 7 on the DVD. WHat's the timing between the QCF + C and the 2C? I have no problem landing the combo up until that point then I do the 2C like immediately as I hit the ground and the training dummy always aerial rolls out of it before the 2C lands. Edit : Ahh! That helped a lot. Thanks Dakanya. ^^