Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT] What's a Litchi?

Great guide, I'm looking to use Litchi as a main. She reminds me of a character of mine (though my character isn't quite as.. endowed..) But I have a question.... I'm still pretty nub to things, what's the [m] mean? Edit: the [m] is /with/ the staff, yes? I'm still trying to get used to the numpad analogies, will the movelist be translated into english at all for the purposes of this post (via the in-game command list) for reference? Or am I in the wrong place for that. :kitty:

What's the best way to handle someone who is in the air a lot? My air game is really weak right now, and I can only start my good combos from the ground, so it really leaves me at a big disadvantage against people who like to hop around a lot.

Just tested this for Lord Knight. Have fun!

www.meltybread.com/blazblue/litchistaff.MP4

cross-up? or is there something else going on there that I don't understand?

What's the best way to handle someone who is in the air a lot? My air game is really weak right now, and I can only start my good combos from the ground, so it really leaves me at a big disadvantage against people who like to hop around a lot.

im sure someone can give a better answer,

but as far as anti airs i usually throw itsuu A, 2C, j.B, j.C, or air throw. 2C works the best for me since u have a little extra time since u can do it on the ground. j.C is great if you anticipate it because it takes a bit for the attack to become active, but if j.C counterhit lands you can go straight into a combo

whats the best way to counter noel's 6B/3C mix up? her 3C ducks under litchi's 5B and i think 2B is too slow to counter it, and noel's 6B always comes out faster than litchi's 5B. should i itsuu? help is appreciated

Any tips on doing 6c,tsubame,6c? I can sometimes get it, but often they'll tech before the staff hits on the way down or before the 6c hits.

Any tips on doing 6c,tsubame,6c? I can sometimes get it, but often they'll tech before the staff hits on the way down or before the 6c hits.

You have to have a further spacing. Otherwise, they can tech out before the 2nd part comes down because it's not close enough. Always works in the corner though.

You have to have a further spacing. Otherwise, they can tech out before the 2nd part comes down because it's not close enough. Always works in the corner though.

Wait, you said I need to space further out, but that it misses because I'm not close enough? Not sure what you mean.

Also, it's on Jin. Trying the:

4B+C,itsuuA,dash 6C,C,jB,C,]D[,airdash C,staff2,6C,tsubame,6C combo. I've tried waiting a sec before doing tsubame, dashing for the first 6C after staff2, and just doing it all right away. Still feels random lol.

The combo after throw on Jin is a bit different is probably why it isn't working. On Jin you do: 4throw ittsuuA 6B 5C JB JC JD airdash JC 6C tsubame 6C 3C

I have a few problems playing the defensive with Litchi. I'm ok with offense , but defense isn't my friend in this game. Like I feel the only good way of getting out of things is tsubame (and the instructional vid didn't hlp because they advised using tsubame) which really isn't good to use for every time you want to turn defense into offense. Like my biggest problem so far is with Ragna, I just can't seem to jump out of corners and I can't fighd the best time to utilize barrier block as I sometimes push him away but he still keeps the offense going. In short, I'm asking for Any suggestions on what I should be doing against Ragna while in block stun. What moves are best to jump out of while in the corner, what moves are safe to backdash, etc. obviously you don't have to tell me how to punish scissors or divider, but I just need to get a better idea of what to do with other less laggy / cancellable attacks while in blockstun.

Couple questions. 1. Any 6A combos? I saw a vid where manakan chains into 5C. Is that only on crouching? Or should I just stick to rekkas after a hit? 2. 5B 5C(2) 3C [D] ]D[ iad JC haku staff2 tsubame 6C~ Do this 1/4th screen away from the corner. You won't have time to do dash JBC so just do this. This combo confuses me. When I try I'm still in haku cooldown and I can't get a tsubame off without the opponent having teched almost a whole second before. Maybe I'm getting the spacing wrong? I'm starting it against Jin at the start of training, you know, where you press select and it resets everything. 3. 5B 5C(2) itsuuC chun/tk chun/j chun 2C JBC D airdash JC staff2 6C tsubame 6C~ Midscreen fullscreen combo. This is what you want to confirm into as much as possible. Let 5C hit once or twice depending on spacing. For this combo on the bit where it says staff2 6C tsubame, I'm getting a 6C[m] instead of a staffless 6C. Either that or the opponent is able to tech before the 6C. Usually I get a 6C[m] if I'm at the reset position of training mode, so I tried to test if my positioning was bad and started farther away from the corner, but then got a tech before a staffless 6C instead. Man, something about Litchi's combos feel so rewarding. They're long, pretty, utilize the entire screen (usually). Even though you don't get crazy damage with them, I still enjoy playing Litchi a lot more than the likes of Nu, where pressing D will net you 50% combos. Not that I have anything against Nu since I use her too. I just really like how Litchi's combos look.

1. 6A[m] > haku hatsu chun. You can only go into 5C when staffless. 2. Updating the guide, taking this out. Too unstable. If you're not getting it, it's definately because of spacing. 3. You're either doing it too close to the corner, or you're doing the 2nd JC too high to the ground.

I'm finding myself missing her bnb's a lot against hakumen, ragna, arakune, and tao. Maybe something has to be altered for those people, maybe i just suck??? The main combo I miss is the combo into itsuuc tkC, juggle with 2c. the 2c doesnt connect on those people. I can do it fine on other characters

What are you supposed to follow shishin mixup traps with? You high/low mixup if they stand neutral, but what do you combo into after? tsubame 6C 3C shishin chun tsubame 6C 3C seems to be the loop for me. What can you combo from using haku? Or do you mainly use 2B/6A?

What are you supposed to follow shishin mixup traps with?

You high/low mixup if they stand neutral, but what do you combo into after?

tsubame 6C 3C shishin chun tsubame 6C 3C seems to be the loop for me. What can you combo from using haku? Or do you mainly use 2B/6A?

probably something better, but I use 2B 2C 6C (staff returns) tsubame....can't remember what I've been doing after...I think it was just 6C 5C JBC 623D falling C

that whole sequence gets about 4k damage (but I was doing this with shishin hitting, so probably a bit less, but I'll have to test)

I believe for high, you can do either 6A 5C (staff return) 2C tsubame or itsuu~ followup

or

6C haku....umm....something

I like to use characters for pressure and rushdown. I just had a question about what kind of blockstrings I can use to mix it up a bit. I've done some poking around but I don't see any information about them. Help would be appreciated... thanks!