Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT] What's a Litchi?

I like to use characters for pressure and rushdown. I just had a question about what kind of blockstrings I can use to mix it up a bit. I've done some poking around but I don't see any information about them.

Help would be appreciated... thanks!

there's a couple things I can think of off the top of my head

with staff:

be carefull with comboing into 3C on block, I believe the opponent has enough time to jump out and IAD for a hefty amount of damage...needs more testing

any string into 3C...immediately when you recover either D(launches mantenbou) or 41236D(shishin) and either JB/C if they try to come at you. staff2 might relaunch which if you anticipate, you can go for a 6C tsubame ~ anything...you might just have to block however if they're fast on the IAD

...or

IAD in with JB/C or BC if they just block...then go for some staffless high/low mix-up while you wait for the staff to come back...if you hit try to combo into tsubame or itsuuC

another very nice option I've seen with staff is to do itsuu and wait to see what they do...if they IAD, hit A and anti-air them with itsuuA and get some hefty damage...usually B (has better reach than C...which if they're running at you and itsuu C whiffs...you're in for a hurting) if they do nothing or come from the ground and hope for combo...

I believe you can cancel 5C into staff plant...so if you're not predictable, that can probably get you a bit more pressure

jump cancel 5B...either just straight up and see what they do or IAD in...can possibly jump cancel into J2D if they like to be in the air or for some tricky quick "WTF is he doing" moments

without staff you can do some tricky stuff...obviously you're not going to really want to rush in without staff...but if you DO have a chance there are a few things you can do

cancel into 623 or 421D and continue pressure/throw

cancel into D and continue pressure/mix-up/throw

jump cancel 5C and either D to delay attack and dash in with a JB/C or just straight up IAD....maybe you can IAD JC 623D JC before you land?

that's all I can think about atm...not sure if all of this works as I'm still a bit new to her too, but this is what makes sense

Hey great info in here guys. I have some questions: Are there any overhead options after a 5C with staff? I always go into an itsuuC or 3C but that's getting too predictable. Against Jin (and probably others), a lot of people are saying that j.C works really well, especially if it counter hits. However, when it counter hits and i dash up to do a combo, i usually try 5B > itsuuA > other stuff, but the itsuuA always misses. Am i doing something wrong, and is there a better way to follow up? Is Litchi's frame data available anywhere? How about damage and proration(?) data?

No overheads after 5C[m]. Vary your pressure more before doing 5C[m] if you can't open someone up. Your spacing/timing is probably a bit off if you can't get the itsuuA. 5B tsubame -> etc. is an easier post-wallbounce followup. You could also try 2C itsuuA.

5B 5C(2) 3C [D] ]D[ iad JC haku staff2 dash JBC land tsubame 6C~

Ok, you have this in over the half the combos and I have no idea what it's suppose to mean. :8/:

Is it the point in which your staff is suppose to finally reach you after summoning it back?

Is it the point in which your staff is suppose to finally reach you after summoning it back?

yes, more exactly, the point where it goes back and hits the opp in the process

Thanks guys =P New things came up. haha Air-to-air J.B's, when I win, I normally have no idea what to do. I run around like an idiot and wait for them to land so I can start my poke game again. What should I be using to pressure? This is always the same for anytime I hit them in the air, or even finish a combo. I sort of back off and start zoning again, but i'm sure this isn't what i'm supposed to be doing. Thanks fellas =P

4-day old Litchi player with a few questions! :LI: Can Litchi do a combo after a front or back throw without the staff? I know you can Tsubame after any throw and continue with 2C or something, but what do you do if you grab them and you don't have the staff? :LI: What's the best midscreen combo for characters with smaller hitboxes like Noel and Carl? At midscreen I usually do 5B 5C(2hit) ItsuuC, Chun, 2C etc etc, but Noel and Carl usually slip out before the Chun or the 2C hits... and sometimes I've even seen them slip out before the ItsuuC hits, and it robs me of precious precious damage! =( What's the best way to deal with smaller characters? :LI: Speaking of ItsuuC~Chun 2C combos, what should I do if my ItsuuC~Chun 2C jB djC D air dash jC staff2 combo takes me into a corner? After Staff2 the staff comes back too early for me to follow with 6C, and they usually tech at around that point before I can get anything out. I suppose I could always just throw them as soon as they tech, but is there a better way to get guaranteed damage if I push this midscreen combo to an uncomfortable corner? :LI: What's Litchi's best ways of approaching? Lately it seems all I've been doing is zipping around and trying to cross up with jB, and I have a feeling it'll get me killed often =O. :LI: Also, what's Litchi's best options against characters who zone her in the air, like Rachel or Arakune? I'm not too familiar with her AA options (except for Tsubame, but whiffing that seems dangerous), and I usually find myself waiting patiently for them to land.

1. Her neutral/forward throw can be cancelled into itsuuA right away then that goes into 6C, 5C OTG into your combo of choice in the air. Back throw you can do itsuuA once she puts them up in the air and it's the same thing after that. 2. That's something I'd like to know, too... I can't seem to find any good midscreen itsuuC/3C[m] combos against Carl. 3. If you know that the combo is gonna end in the corner like that, which it usually will if you're at or a little past the middle of the stage, after chun, 2c you need to do j.B j.C D airdash j.B j.C land tsubame. You have to airdash pretty close to the D, as in don't let Litchi fall down much before she dashes. You also need to stick that last j.B out kinda soon to get the spacing right for the j.C. 4. j.B is definitely a good crossup and should be abused when you get the chance. Fish for counter hits with j.C[m] and the occasional 6B[m]. I don't like using 6B because it isn't as safe as the j.C. Get those CHs and combo them into the corner and then break the seal on those foo's. The short answer is that she can be played rush down or she could be played just outside of their range throwing out pokes and looking for combo opportunities, just keep your eyes open and if you see your opponent adapting to your approach... change it up on them and do a bit more of a zone style game. 5. I try to mix it up with tsubame, airthrow~combo, and the occasional j.A spam to lock them up. Anti-airing with tsubame isn't as easy as it seemed, you really gotta get the spacing right to get it to hit on the way back down.

Hi there, just got my ps3 ver. of BB 2 days ago. Was fiddling around with all the chars and finally thought I'd give Litchi a go. Got a question about one of the combos. 5B 5C(2) 3C [D] ]D[ iad JC haku staff2 dash JBC land tsubame 6C~ I'm not too sure how the 'haku staff2 dash' part goes...and I've not really watched enough vids to see the combo in action. Can someone explain what haku staff2 is exactly? I can get the iad JC fine, but after haku I'm just sliding on the floor and not sure what I'm supposed to do next... Thanks for the help. :keke:

Haku is one of her specials 236A staffless... Staff2 denotes the second hit of the staff (when the staff hits them coming back to you).

No, it's Haku. You land and do Haku. The second hit of the staff hits while you are recovering. Then you dash JBC. EDIT: Guide will be updated tomorrow.

Quick question; when doing 3C IAD JC into air combo; how does one do the JC right after the IAD? I'm having trouble nailing that.

Just as you would any other IAD j.C. Maybe your converter/controller is lagging, if you're using one.

I think the notations are confusing to some folks. JC here (in BB) means jump C attack, in GG notation it means jump-cancel.

Hi there, just got my ps3 ver. of BB 2 days ago. Was fiddling around with all the chars and finally thought I'd give Litchi a go. Got a question about one of the combos.

5B 5C(2) 3C [D] ]D[ iad JC haku staff2 dash JBC land tsubame 6C~

I'm not too sure how the 'haku staff2 dash' part goes...and I've not really watched enough vids to see the combo in action. Can someone explain what haku staff2 is exactly? I can get the iad JC fine, but after haku I'm just sliding on the floor and not sure what I'm supposed to do next...

Thanks for the help. :keke:

Sorry, I'm still having trouble here...JC haku staff2 *dash JBC*...

After staff2 my opponent is basically OTG, how do I even get the dash JBC part to work/connect? I'm confused. Is there something I'm missing? Should I be doing it really fast or something? I'm about to shoot myself. :vbang:

Maybe I'm blind but you don't seem to have any of the 6A combos in the guide yet? There's a lot of really dumb stuff with it, but mostly it just goes back into the usual combos.

The only 6A combo I use is when the staff is on return.

(staff2) 6A, 5C, [m], 63214DC, some variation of a ItsuuC combo.

Yeah that one is really good because you are in a spot to do it a lot when on offense and just leads back to regular combos. Some other stuff I've used: 6A[m] RC, 66 2B 2C [m] 41236D~A, 66 2B 2C > jc.B > jc.B j.C 236B 236C 63214B - Or any other standard variant on this combo after the 41236D~A you can get. You have to use the time after 6A to do 2B 2C without the staff then get the staff back for the Itsuu. It's not actually very hard. You can use this from way the hell far away like off 2B 6A or whatever. Blowing 50% on a 6A seems kind of questionable though, but I guess you at least get another mixup attempt if they blocked it. CH 6A[m], (66) [m] 5C 41236D~A, etc - Same idea. You get a free combo on CH. Probably doesn't work on everyone. 6A 5C 236A 236C, B 2C > jc.B > jc.B j.C 236B 236C 63214B - I've been using this on Tao since it works, what's the normal proper combo after 236C here?

So are there any good Roma....Rapid Cancel combos for Litchi? (Well other than the overhead one listed above me). I'm bad really bad at utilizing my distortions, so might be nice to be able to burn some heat with RCs instead.

Use your distortions!!!! OMG I don't know how many times the flame pillar (if I actually get the motion off -_-) has saved me or daisharin has allowed me to continue pressure/make my opponent block.

GB - if you get close to the corner you could do a standard juggle into tsubame after 236c there. I.e. 236c. B, J.b, j.c. jc, j.d, falling j.c, land, 6c tsubame 6c.