Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT] What's a Litchi?

Maybe the RiichiA is just good for carrying the opponent to wherever you want/need them to be? Since it apparently carries for such range.

when pressuring with daisharin against opponent in corner, when the staff has reached them is it better to make staff go in the 2 direction? i usually do 3 just because...idk. sometimes some 6s. but my friend claims with daisharin going in 22222 (well, i guess [3/6]xn (until staff on opponent), 222...) keeps the opponent lower once u successfully mixup and start throwing in attacks, making it easier to follow up. i havent had the chance to test this yet since my bb is in my car@____@ which i dont have access too atm.

when pressuring with daisharin against opponent in corner, when the staff has reached them is it better to make staff go in the 2 direction? i usually do 3 just because...idk. sometimes some 6s.

but my friend claims with daisharin going in 22222 (well, i guess [3/6]xn (until staff on opponent), 222...) keeps the opponent lower once u successfully mixup and start throwing in attacks, making it easier to follow up.

i havent had the chance to test this yet since my bb is in my car@____@ which i dont have access too atm.

could be wrong, but I'm thinking daisharin 2 would just whiff? I'll test when I get a chance too

Making the staff move away from them can make them think they have a chance to get out, which can let you score random hits easier. IE they block it (or you) as it moves away, they think they have a chance to jump out, you put in a 2B to catch their jump startup. Also helps let you do throw mixups in the middle, same as Millia. IE for example you send the staff up then down, the staff hits them on the way out, and right before it hits them on the way back in you grab them. Honestly it shouldn't matter THAT much which you do for the sake of combo followup since you can use Chun to push them back down to finish with a proper combo. I guess if you are really pushing for ideal damage it might become an issue though.

im finding litchi very hard to win against opponents that are defensive.....litchi (in my opinion) doesnt have alot of mix ups. yeah she has good corner pressure after a combo but im talkin about like when the round start.....i get in my opponent do my lil blockstring and if they play it safe and dont try to poke me inbetween anything my blockstring ends and then im back to square 1. Sometimes if u hold 6B i might can mix them up for a throw but that only works maybe 1 time. Most of the hits i do land is when i catch my opponent doing something stupid...like if jin does a projectile i can IAD and land a 8B into the BandB combo or something. Just wanna know u guys opinion is she like a counter hit character that reacts off of others mistakes and predictability???? its weird i kinda play litchi like a mix of vega from cvs2,SF4 and Chun li from SF3..with of course using litchi blockstrings instead of the single pokes..

Yes, that's entirely the point of Litchi with the staff on, she doesn't have a real mixup short of a few stupid crossup things with j.B. You'll want to poke and control space well, fish for CH j.C and other things like that. If you want rush down and mixup, you'll have to either land a combo first, or otherwise just ditch the staff so you can use it as a threat as a projectile. Playing her is a lot about knowing how and when to not have the staff so you can do real mixups on people, even at neutral. Don't be afraid to just set the staff down at neutral. For example if someone likes to jump a lot, set it down with 5D and just wait for them to jump or IAD. You'll force them to either air block it or take the hit, either is good for you. You can also do 'surprise' mixups with return state but those are kind of situational, of course.

im finding litchi very hard to win against opponents that are defensive.....litchi (in my opinion) doesnt have alot of mix ups. yeah she has good corner pressure after a combo but im talkin about like when the round start.....i get in my opponent do my lil blockstring and if they play it safe and dont try to poke me inbetween anything my blockstring ends and then im back to square 1.

Sometimes if u hold 6B i might can mix them up for a throw but that only works maybe 1 time. Most of the hits i do land is when i catch my opponent doing something stupid...like if jin does a projectile i can IAD and land a 8B into the BandB combo or something. Just wanna know u guys opinion is she like a counter hit character that reacts off of others mistakes and predictability???? its weird i kinda play litchi like a mix of vega from cvs2,SF4 and Chun li from SF3..with of course using litchi blockstrings instead of the single pokes..

Yeah when I'm having trouble getting in on an opponent, I launch the staff with D or Shishin and try to sneak in a quick mixup.

On a similar note, anyone notice how much a regular launch puts the opponent on edge? When I do a normal launch, everyone I've played seems to turtle in the corner for five seconds.

5b,6b feint, throw usually is how I end up getting a hit on a turtle. But ya, she feels like mainly a counter poke/footsies character with staff on.

What method do ya'll use to air dash for her Ittus combo for 5b[m]>5c[m]>41236d>c>TK Chun>2c>Jbc>d? I assume you just use 66 is there any special timing for the air dash after you press D? Also do you have to TK chun all the time or is it mainly char specific?

I prefer jump back chun myself. Seems more universal. 66 for airdash. Timing can vary, you just kind of have to find it yourself depending on where you are from the corner.

Opposite I think. Closer to corner the faster you need to do it. Again it's hard for me to explain since I just kind of do it by feel lol.

IIRC you leave out one of the jump moves.. I think you leave out the j.B. so it becomes 2C j.C 6C depending on exactly where you are.. otherwise... he has it right, the closer to the corner the faster the staff comes back etc, so it speeds up when you have to start your linkers. It's all very stupidly confusing.

2 weird things came up while i was practicing earlier today: 1) while trying out some of litchi's bnb combos i noticed that sometimes when i screw things up in the middle of the combo, i see the mantenbou in mid-air standing still, usually because i was holding down D. it does the shivering animation on the staff and then i can release it while it was standing straight up, in the middle of the air above litchi's head. 2) sometimes i notice litchi seems to throw out her mantenbou really fast while mid-air, and it comes out parallel to the ground (as if you had done a 2D placement) from her while shes jumping. am i just remembering this wrong or is there a way to consistently make her throw it this way? has anyone else seen either of these 2 things happen before? if so do you know what the inputs are to do this consistently?

2 weird things came up while i was practicing earlier today:

1) while trying out some of litchi's bnb combos i noticed that sometimes when i screw things up in the middle of the combo, i see the mantenbou in mid-air standing still, usually because i was holding down D. it does the shivering animation on the staff and then i can release it while it was standing straight up, in the middle of the air above litchi's head.

2) sometimes i notice litchi seems to throw out her mantenbou really fast while mid-air, and it comes out parallel to the ground (as if you had done a 2D placement) from her while shes jumping. am i just remembering this wrong or is there a way to consistently make her throw it this way?

has anyone else seen either of these 2 things happen before? if so do you know what the inputs are to do this consistently?

certain moves have manten return state, you can refer to the first page and read through the movelist to see which ones do.

basically put, some moves put the staff "off litchis hands", and in SOME cases, you can treat it as if its placed.

for example, after 6A[m], you can press 2D to shoot the staff.

another example is after 3C[m], which is used more often in her midscreen BnB.

(3C>D>IAD>6C>etc)

this also means you can do staffless specials after moves with these manten return states.

an easy one would be after 6A[m].

6A[m]>haku>hatsu>chun.

when recalling the staff during moves with manten return states you can call it back via shinshin also, for example

41236D(stance)>(delay)41236D(shinshin)

be aware, with moves with manten return states you CANNOT do kokushi musou, the staff must be placed to do this distortion drive.

have fun in training mode discovering the greatness of litchi :psyduck:

I think individuals is thinking of something slightly different than what you mean. There is a point where if you are moving too quickly (i.e. super jumping or dashing away) while the mantenbou is returning to you where it will be 'on' you but counted as if it was in a return state, even though you didn't do a return state. That's about all I've seen, and I could just be watching poorly....

Is it just me or has the Litchi community overlooked a fascinating aspect of Litchi's game? Why don't we start combo staffless while holding the D button? This way we can start a combo, and once it ends, we can let go of D, pop the opponent upwards, do another combo, then the returning hit will hit them back up for an ender. This may need further looking into, but I really think we haven't dug deep enough in this aspect. I'm not saying this will replace or even come close to replacing our 5B > 5C > ItsuuC combos that we have learned to love. Instead it will add a new level of mindgames, setups, and perhaps even damage output. I've barely played around with this to see what I could do, but one combo i found does pretty good damage. [D] 6C > staff1 > 6C > staff2 > 6C > tsubame > 6C > 3C for ~3.6K. Discuss Nao.

I've messed with doing these a bit actually. One very basic one I like to do is after corner 3C, hold down 2D (don't let go), then when they tech do a kara throw. The combo follow up is: B+C(1) Chun ]D[ B 623C > etc Basically you time the release of the D right before the Chun hits. Unfortunately they can screw with this by delaying their tech, but if they do that you can do a back throw and get a normal back throw combo anyway. I've messed with some others but not to the point I have them down solid. There are a lot of setups where you send the low staff out, land a mixup, then end it with a Chun and then followup with the staff on (usually comboed right into DP).

Is it just me or has the Litchi community overlooked a fascinating aspect of Litchi's game? Why don't we start combo staffless while holding the D button? This way we can start a combo, and once it ends, we can let go of D, pop the opponent upwards, do another combo, then the returning hit will hit them back up for an ender. This may need further looking into, but I really think we haven't dug deep enough in this aspect. I'm not saying this will replace or even come close to replacing our 5B > 5C > ItsuuC combos that we have learned to love. Instead it will add a new level of mindgames, setups, and perhaps even damage output.

I've barely played around with this to see what I could do, but one combo i found does pretty good damage. [D] 6C > staff1 > 6C > staff2 > 6C > tsubame > 6C > 3C for ~3.6K. Discuss Nao.

Uh... doesn't really make sense. Assuming your opponent is dumb enough to get hit with a 6C to start the combo, you can only buffer the [D] for x amount of time. I don't really understand how that combo is any different really than the regular one. Pretty much all of her basic combos "pop" the opponent back up with the staff return for a 6C > tsubame ender, so I'm not really sure what you're trying to get at here. Are you trying to say we need more staffless start combos? Why the comparison to the basic [m] combo with itsuuC??

Or link with All Green there on that last one Gwrgyn. The big thing though with what you suggested OhNoez is umm... the setup for that combo is... stupid and will rarely be seen, Gwyrgyn's ideas are more 'useful' than what you listed, and I think that's probably more the right idea. That type of combo isn't great or all that useful from a neutral setting, but as a tech reset or as an oki mixup where you have the time to start holding D (since that activation does take away your guard, releasing doesn't) without eating a counter hit (which you would if they were near by) or have to start a bit away to stay safe. One of the few times I would see your combo being all that useful would be if you baited a haku-men counter or something.

Sorry for changing up the question on ya, just figured out my 3C problem but now I'm having trouble with another one. How long am I supposed to delay the hatsu in midscreen RiichiA combos? I can never land on the staff quick enough unless I start the combo with 2C and just mash out the haku hatsu.