Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT] What's a Litchi?

I haven't read through the whole fourms to see if anyone has already posted this but I was in training and found out you can grab and combo into a thirteen orphans if you do it before the last part of the grab hits.

Should probably be mentioned that riichiC crosses people up even if they are all the way in the corner apparently. Was testing with my friend and he said it crossed up if you do something asap. I've added this to that BLEED tactic of doing haku, hatsu, riichiB after a finishing 3c in the corner. If they neutral tech the haku->hatsu, they will generally block after you do that to them once or twice. If you then switch it up with riichiC, you can fall C right after you pop off the staff for a crossup and then land into 5b->haku->etc. You can also delay it and do fall B to not crossup and then go into the same thing. Think it may even work with just the finishing 3c on somebody.

I actually mentioned that RiichiC crosses up 7 pages ago. It's kinda okay... To make the most out of it you really have to rely on your opponent being scared of doing anything but quick-teching on wakeup. Otherwise the crossup setups completely falls apart. I've used it in real matches and it leads right into Ippatsu Loop in the corner.

Ah, my bad Zen. Been kind of slow around here so I probably missed it or forgot that you mentioned it. Like I said, I've been using it sparingly along with BLEED's 3c->haku->hatsu->riichiB thing. Since the startup looks the same a lot of people will block if they neutral tech after the hatsu since riichiB will counter hit any kind of non-reversal into ippatsu combos.

Vid was cmv4 on LK's page. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5grH4sI9_U&feature=channel_page

Had never really checked it out before sine mentioned it.

so, about non D resets.. i learned one from a video i saw, and that would be blahblahblah corner > 6C > 5C[m] (instead of tsubame) > itsuuA (resets, itsuuA airunblockable[?]) > haku > chun > 5B > blahblahblah.. i find this one to work plenty of times, and its great :v: i recall seeing some others in midscreen position, or using 2C[m], etc. anyone know some good setups for stuff like this?

6C[m] Combos

6C[m] Situations -

A. DP punish

B. CH 5B[m] start

C. Stagger strings

MIDSCREEN

6C[m] chun 5B[m] tsubame dash 2C JBCD airdash JBC staff2 6C tsubame 6C~

Omit the 2nd JB depending on where you start the combo.

I'm noticing some issues with this combo. Tsubame seems to hit just fine when the character is in the corner, but outside of it, Taokaka and Bang need the 5B to be omitted and Jin, Carl, and Rachael can't be hit at all (omitting 5B let's Tsubame hit once against Jin, but it doesn't pop him up). It also seems particularly difficult to hit Haku-men and Arakune with dash 2C.

I'm still stuck here:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=440340&postcount=459

Help would be much appreciated.

so, about non D resets..

i learned one from a video i saw, and that would be

blahblahblah corner > 6C > 5C[m] (instead of tsubame) > itsuuA (resets, itsuuA airunblockable[?]) > haku > chun > 5B > blahblahblah..

i find this one to work plenty of times, and its great :v:

i recall seeing some others in midscreen position, or using 2C[m], etc.

anyone know some good setups for stuff like this?

I'll have to try that one lol. I also sometimes do 5c(2hit) instead of finisher and then jump to try and throw. Pink throw after the last tsubame in the corner is a good place to go for it.

After 6a[m],haku,etc. you can either 2c[m] or if you think they'll tech back/forward go for an airthrow. I usually also go for an airthrow anytime I miss the knockdown during a combo.

Having trouble with point blank range riichi combos. I can do them fine if I hit confirm out of 2C, but I have trouble landing the riichiA hit. She's facing the right way and everything, but the training dummy just air techs before it lands. Any tips?

Having trouble with point blank range riichi combos. I can do them fine if I hit confirm out of 2C, but I have trouble landing the riichiA hit. She's facing the right way and everything, but the training dummy just air techs before it lands.

Any tips?

might be on the hatsu timing if you can do it one way you should be able to always do it

depending on where you hit what, you may have to delay hatsu a lot, a little, or not at all...a lot of times it will look like it should hit, but the opponent will either be just out of range, or switch sides during the attack

otherwise you might just have work on your timing

Here I got some situational stuff. Combos after you get a clean "Chun" in the corner (sorry if they were already posted)

All of them requiere 2D staff placement (pretty easy to setup, since a lot of D moves leave it in that placement)

Staffless:

Chun, haku, chun, 5B, 6C, 5C OTG JC, j.B, j.C, JC dj. [D] falling j.C, 6C Tsubame, 6C, 3C = 4k+

now there was a little problem with this one, there are 3 characters that cant be OTG´ed with 5C, Noel, Carl and V-13 so this is the variation for Noel and V-13

Chun, Hatsu, haku, chun (daisangen) 5B 5C JC j.b JC j.c [D] falling j.C 6C Tsubame 6C 3C = 4K if im not mistaken

Now there was another thing, there are situations in which you´ll get a clean Chun but you´ll end up staffed after it (like after shishin or kokushi musou...asiming they blocked everything but the final chun) so:

Staffed:

Chun (you´re staffed now) 5B ItsuuA 5B 6C 5C OTG JC j.B, j.C, JC dj. [D] falling j.C, 6C Tsubame, 6C, 3C = 3900ish

again variation for Noel and v-13:

Chun (you´re staffed now) 5B ItsuuA haku chun 5B JC j.b j.c JC dj.[d] falling C 6C Tsubame 6C 3C = 3900ish

I havent found a good variation with carl because of his damn hitbox, so if anyone wants to contribute that´ll be much appreciated. I also think you can do something more damaging on Rachel and Tager but im tired and ill go to sleep Ill post variations for those 2 tomorrow...and I´ll keep searching for something to do against Carl.

Try 5b, JC, j.c, d, airdash, j.b, j.c, land, tsubame for carl. I think that was the carl ender anyway. You may have to shorten the starting rekkas to get the 5b->j.c though. And I think you can add an extra 6c before the 3c at the end against rachel. I think I posted variations of these earlier, but ya, they are pretty much the best you can do outside of riichi. Riichi will do about 500-600 more than these though and only requires that the staff also be in the corner (most common situation to do the other combos anyway) so it is worth it to learn them imo.

Try 5b, JC, j.c, d, airdash, j.b, j.c, land, tsubame for carl. I think that was the carl ender anyway. You may have to shorten the starting rekkas to get the 5b->j.c though.

And I think you can add an extra 6c before the 3c at the end against rachel.

I think I posted variations of these earlier, but ya, they are pretty much the best you can do outside of riichi. Riichi will do about 500-600 more than these though and only requires that the staff also be in the corner (most common situation to do the other combos anyway) so it is worth it to learn them imo.

ah yeah, I was trying that ender for carl, its a bit tricky. 1st post should be updated though, with the richii and other combos like the ones starting with a clean chun

Hmm? If you get clean chun you can do: Chun, delay slightly hatsu, riichi, etc. (I find you just want to delay the hatsu till they bounce off the ground from chun) Chun, haku, hatsu, riichi, etc. Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the last part of your post.

Hi guys, I just started out with litchi. LOVE HER!! I love that she has a ton of positional stuff as well as a ton of character specific stuff, but I need some basic combos that can be done on everyone to get some match experience. Could anyone be so kind and list Litchi's basic staple combos that do decent damage, while not beeing incredibly hard to do off each launcher? So far I can do: stuff into 3C > D > iad > j.C > haku > staff2 > J.bc > tsubame > 6C 6A[m] > 2D > 5B > JbC >staff2 > 6C > Tsubame > 6C and a crappy throw ]m[ Combo. Are all throw combos Itsuu based? or are there other decent options? I seem to be missing ]m[ combos on the first page. I know litchis gameflow isn't geared toward staffless combos, but you definitely should know some, right? I can do 2A/5A>B>C>2C>3C>2B>2C>j.b>jc>j.bc>hatsu>chun but I figured there must be more damaging options? What about 6A ]m[ combos? other ]m[ combos? Is the 3C Combo I'm using a decent staple or are there better options? What about a simple Tsubame combo that does decent damage? I hope you guys could help me out. So I can get the basics down before I start working on the other combos from the frist thread.

Most universal BNB is probably the ItsuuC one: 5b[m],5c,41236d~c,7236c,2c,j.bcd,airdash c,staff2,6c,tsubame,6c,3c It changes to airdash bc when you go into the corner during the combo and I think it may need to change on Carl but I'm not sure. You can use tsubame after throws also but I'm pretty sure it is less damage. Most ]m[ combos are pretty self-explanatory. I'm pretty sure the one you are doing is near-best midscreen. Corner you can do something like(if staff is on screen): 5b,5c,haku,chun,5b,j.bc,dj.d,fall c,6c,tsubame,6c,3c. 6a combos into 5c and you can just do normal ]m[ stuff from there. Your 3c combo is fine. Closer to the corner you can do: 5b[m],5c,3c,d,6c,staff2,6c,tsubame,6c,3c which is more consistent and a bit more damage. There is normally some walking or dashing for each 6c, but it's pretty easy to get used to. Tsubame,dash 2c,j.bcd,airdash bc,6c,tsubame,6c,3c is pretty easy.

Hmm? If you get clean chun you can do:

Chun, delay slightly hatsu, riichi, etc. (I find you just want to delay the hatsu till they bounce off the ground from chun)

Chun, haku, hatsu, riichi, etc.

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding the last part of your post.

ah yeah, sorry about that, but I was messing around those clean chun combos into riichi a bit the problem is, against Tager for example, you can go for a riichi combo but as he will never be cornered during the combo you will cross him up and you wont be able to keepp him there for okizeme/ukemi traps. Midscreen riichi works fine against him.

BTW I´d like to request midscreen riichi combos against the characters that can be hit with that. I only know that arakune, ragna, hakumen and tager can, but no idea about the rest of the cast.

The one I do against those chars is:

5B 2C Itsuu A 6kote haku hatsu Riichi A, drop, falling J.C, land 5C OTG JC, j.b j.c [D] airdash j.C staff2 6C tsubame 6C 3C

I know this wont work against carl (of course..) v-13 or noel since they cant be OTG´ed with 5C, but what about the rest?

ah yeah, sorry about that, but I was messing around those clean chun combos into riichi a bit the problem is, against Tager for example, you can go for a riichi combo but as he will never be cornered during the combo you will cross him up and you wont be able to keepp him there for okizeme/ukemi traps. Midscreen riichi works fine against him.

BTW I´d like to request midscreen riichi combos against the characters that can be hit with that. I only know that arakune, ragna, hakumen and tager can, but no idea about the rest of the cast.

The one I do against those chars is:

5B 2C Itsuu A 6kote haku hatsu Riichi A, drop, falling J.C, land 5C OTG JC, j.b j.c [D] airdash j.C staff2 6C tsubame 6C 3C

I know this wont work against carl (of course..) v-13 or noel since they cant be OTG´ed with 5C, but what about the rest?

riichi combos work against tager, the staff just has to be one kote away from the corner

Generic midscreen is: 5b,2c,itsuuA,6kote,haku,hatsu,riichiA,drop,jump back BC,[d],]d[,airdash c,staff2,6c,dp,6c. That probably works on everyone but Carl, but I remember LK saying the haku->hatsu->riichiA timing can vary a bit. Think delaying hatsu as much as possible and doing riichiA+ippatsuA as fast as possible is better against everyone though.

Some combo varients Airthrow > falling j.B 5B Tsubame dash 6B j.BCD airdash j.(B)C land 6C tsubame 6C airthrow - Works on Litchi, probably Jin, and probably will make airthrow follow up vs Noel and Nu easier too. Add 2nd j.B as needed. CH j.C/Ryuuisou/6B (near corner) -dash 5C(1) ItsuuA - Gotta test damage on this. Judgement call on whether you have enough time to do it.