Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT] What's a Litchi?

..... 2B Haku Chun AllGreen Dash 6B j.BCD 6C Tsubame 6C 3C... Why? Cuz I felt like burning 50% meter without the staff for the same effect as a regular BnB with the staff leaving me in the same spot only if the staff is between them and the corner when I start.... for the looks. Oh I'm sorry I thought we were posting combos that overtly extravagent and costly to the point of being almost useless in a real match... ^.^ Had to.

If you don't mind using 50% heat (it's not like you can freely 13 Orphan all the time anymore because of Super flash buffering) you can do something like Haku > Chun > Hatsu > RC > j.C > 5C > j.BC > 5C > j.BC > Dj.[D] > ]D[ > Falling C > Tsubame > 6C > 3C for like 4k Damage. If you mix them up after the Haku it does 3.9k. Just something for my fellow ]M[ <3ers.

Edit: some more RC stuff. 6A[M] > Haku > Chun > RC > 5B > Tsubame > j.BC > Dj.[D] > ]D[ > Staff1 > falling C > Staff2 > 6C > Tsubame > 6C > 3C. I think i saw a Japanese player do this in a video. Deals 3369 damage.

Edit2: fiinneee.

For the first you don't need 50% heat.

Haku,chun,recover,hatsu,haku,chun,5b,j bc,dj d,fall c,6c,dp,6c,3c works I'm pretty sure and does like 4k. I know starting it on that chun works and does 3905. Can also start it with 6a]m[ or 2b]m[ and go into haku,chun,5b into whatever. Can also just do Haku,chun,5b,6c,5c,j c,kote,fall c,5c,j bc,dj d, fall c,6c,dp,6c which does about the same damage and looks cool.

In corner you can do 6a[m],2d,5b,etc if you are really close. LK also had some 6a[m],2d combos on his youtube that are nice when you hit close.

Been using tension more on great wheel guard crush setups lately. Trying to work all green into my game as well.

Been using tension more on great wheel guard crush setups lately. Trying to work all green into my game as well.

i can do the daisharin guard crush combo easily but its hard to find a chance when they DONT barrier block. i mean, who wouldnt? and if they bursted they are probably almost dead and going for a mixup would be a safer and faster way to win.

i want a chance to guard break @__@!

i can do the daisharin guard crush combo easily but its hard to find a chance when they DONT barrier block. i mean, who wouldnt? and if they bursted they are probably almost dead and going for a mixup would be a safer and faster way to win.

i want a chance to guard break @__@!

I recall that japanese combo video, prism, used an offensive burst to get rid of the opponents barrier.

this

also you can probably do guard crush stings after a tsubame 6C, 3C, shinshin

probably just do 1 or 2 while shinshin's active, then start the 5B, 5C, daisharin etc

at the very least you'll get chance for mix-up during shinshin, and then just go for the guard crush with daisharin(pay attention to the guard libra) if they've been barrier guarding, just go for the mix-up...IF they block all of that you've just raped them of most of their barrier gauge...if they try to burst you have several days to react to it...win win really

Since no one has a definitive "best" way to hit an opponent during 13 orphans, I'll share with you my method. In the corner you do 6C > 6C > j.BC > Tsubame > 6C > 3C. That's if, for some reason, they didn't block the 13 orphans, then you go for max damage. If you mix them up with a 6A or 2B wait a bit and then 6C > j.BC > Tsubame > 6C > 3C. If you mix them Haku > Chun you do j.BC > j.BC > Tsubame > 6C > 3C. If you're midscreen and happen to hit with 13 Orphans do something like 6C > 6C > j.BC > 2B. If you mix them up with a 6A or 2B wait a bit and then 6C > j.BC > 2B. If you mix them Haku > Chun you do j.BC > j.BC > 2B. This is what I do, others can feel free to share.

For the first you don't need 50% heat.

Haku,chun,recover,hatsu,haku,chun,5b,j bc,dj d,fall c,6c,dp,6c,3c works I'm pretty sure and does like 4k. I know starting it on that chun works and does 3905. Can also start it with 6a]m[ or 2b]m[ and go into haku,chun,5b into whatever. Can also just do Haku,chun,5b,6c,5c,j c,kote,fall c,5c,j bc,dj d, fall c,6c,dp,6c which does about the same damage and looks cool.

In corner you can do 6a[m],2d,5b,etc if you are really close. LK also had some 6a[m],2d combos on his youtube that are nice when you hit close.

That true, but there aren't many opportunities in which you land a fresh haku. My combo however can start with 5B > 5C :keke:

bursting is quite impractical, unless they have already bursted and they are near death. in reality this scenario happens quite often, but i guess im not confident enough to use a burst offensively. like those tagers.

That true, but there aren't many opportunities in which you land a fresh haku. My combo however can start with 5B > 5C :keke:

50% tension seems like the same amount of opportunities...the only time I'd waste 50% heat on an RC is if I KNOW they'll die from the combo...you can get SLIGHTLY less damage from heatless combos, not to mention if they're in the corner can't you just combo into KM? unless there's some very very rare occurance where you're far away from your staff and you've hit them in the corner...which while you're at it...just do richii combos >.>

I'd rather save 50% heat if I can for RCing for defensive bursts, KM and daisharin, they're MUCH better uses..unless we find some sort of combo like ragna has that boosts litchi's damage to 5k it's still not all that usefull

also, you really shouldn't KM outside of knockdowns, which makes superflash buffering useless

50% tension seems like the same amount of opportunities...the only time I'd waste 50% heat on an RC is if I KNOW they'll die from the combo...you can get SLIGHTLY less damage from heatless combos, not to mention if they're in the corner can't you just combo into KM? unless there's some very very rare occurance where you're far away from your staff and you've hit them in the corner...which while you're at it...just do richii combos >.>

I'd rather save 50% heat if I can for RCing for defensive bursts, KM and daisharin, they're MUCH better uses..unless we find some sort of combo like ragna has that boosts litchi's damage to 5k it's still not all that usefull

also, you really shouldn't KM outside of knockdowns, which makes superflash buffering useless

I see your point, I guess it's back to the drawing boards :psyduck:. However, using KM on knockdown still has it's threats against certain characters.

Adding 5b before my combo doesn't affect it outside slightly lowering the damage. If you want to hit confrm better, you can do 5b,6b,5c,haku,chun,5b,6c,5c,j bc,dj d,fall c,6c,dp,6c. Does like 3800 and change.

Odd, I recall reading that it can only be done off a a fresh Haku. Thanks for that and for the other staff less combo, would've never thought of it :yaaay:

Trying to get more okis into my game...what's a simple oki trick (or whatever you call 'em) to use?

I saw the one in the corner kinda like ...(whatever starter) > tsubame > j.C kote4 [D] ]D[ to pop them up on tech, then 6C > tsubame > repeat.

Are there better ones?

thats good, but to do some extra damage you can try this variation. or add on. or w/e. combo>tsubame>j.C>kote4>falling j.C>3C>kote4> wakeup game. second kote is to cancel delay on the 3C, but having it further out away from the corner will ensure punishing techrolls to the left. (this one took me a while, be sure to buffer kote during j.C to ensure the falling j.C will connect.) also on combos that end in the corner with 3C, you can cancel that with shinshin. if they dont tech they got propped into the air, and if they tech u go into a mixup / pressure / whatever you want. and of course, the popular cornercombo>3C>kokushimusou. IMO if u wanna KM in the corner do it like tsubame>6A>KM. be sure to buffer KM during 6A. also, a daisharin isnt a bad thing to oki with either. decent damage if you can win the mixup game early. and it leads into another wakeupgame :D

Just as a note... I thought you had a j.B in that first one individuals... Tsubame> j.BC>4kote>falling j.C> 3C >4Kote. That's the way I've been trying it... though I'm not very good at it yet... are my troubles just from doing it wrong?

i dont know i had troubles mostly with the falling C in any variation. though im not sure if this is the greatest problem i focused my attention on buffering 421D during first j.C. oh wait i said that last post. let this be emphasis. cornix do u play online?

Trying to get more okis into my game...what's a simple oki trick (or whatever you call 'em) to use?

I saw the one in the corner kinda like ...(whatever starter) > tsubame > j.C kote4 [D] ]D[ to pop them up on tech, then 6C > tsubame > repeat.

Are there better ones?

If you mean stuff to catch late techers I think combo,dp,j c,dj [d],]d[,fall c was mentioned earlier. 2d was on the first page also.

cornix do u play online?

Kinda. I don't technically own the game or an xbox live account. But i steal the game when i can and was playing online if i got a chance on my friend's account (slayer kfk) but so were like 4 other people. So, not often and not for almost a week, mostly just stealing the game for a night or two and doing practice mode on an xbox pad, bleh. Next paycheck is going to the game, then a stick, then live after that. Stupid bills and food.

Oh right, my bad on the rant, i could probably plan a time to be on it at night for player matches, but you'd probably end up playing 4 or 5 different people on the account.

i assume you mean pad O__O unless im missing something here. i think its hard for me in general, but im usually doing it near point blank and just going 3C x 6. i can do about 3 in the air daisharin combo, but its hard to do more in the desired direction in the given time. but most people in combo vids only do it like 2 or 3 times anyway. but more just looks more awesome ^o^

I think 9 7 9 7 9 7 works as an air combo... though I'm sure it differs a lot depending on how far they are. I started using it pretty well today actually just mostly on accident.... really takes a lot of practice to do it correctly on purpose other than mashing the same direction a bunch of times.

Copypasted from SBO thread:

ソウジ(アラクネ)対ゴッドハンド(ジン)

Souji (arakune) vs. Godhand (Jin)

マスタニ(バング)対けちゃん(レイチェル)

Masutani (Bang) vs. Ke-chan (Rachel)

さらば地球(レイチェル)対にゃんにゃんにゅー(ニュー)

Goodbye Earth (Rachel) vs. NyanNyanNu- (Nu)

ねず(バング)対格闘美神タオカカ(ニュー)

Nezu (Bang) vs. kakutoubishinTaokaka (Nu) lolz

B

ドラ(バング)対サキ(ニュー)

Dora (Bang) vs. Saki (Nu)

少年(ライチ)対0(ハクメン)

Shonen (Litchi) vs. 0 (Hakumen) Fuck yeah

コナン(ジン)対JasonSrouji(ジン)

Konan (Jin) vs. JasounSrouji (Jin)

つかさ(ニュー)対紅也(ノエル)

Tsukasa (Nu) vs. Takuya? (noel)

C

小路(テイガー)対こがたん(ジン)

Muramatsu (Tager) vs. Kogatan (Jin)

AZU(ニュー)対ハロウィン(レイチェル)

Azu (nu) vs. Halloween (Rachel)

客(カルル)対れりあ(ニュー)

Kyaku (Carl) vs. Relia (Nu)

ミウ(ジン)対のちゅん(ライチ)

Miu (Jin) vs. Nochun (Litchi)

D

ハートナナ(ノエル)対イノウエ(ニュー)

HeartNana (Noel) vs. Inoue (Nu)

サトーONE(アラクネ)対めぼ(タオカカ)

Sato-One (Arakune) vs. Mebo (Taokaka)

池面(ニュー)対オラ(ラグナ)

Ikemen (Nu) vs. Ora (Ragna)

きもにく対(レイチェル)DIEちゃん(ライチ)

Kimoniku (Rachel) vs. Diechan (Litchi)

E

Goryts(ニュー)対当日予選

上の勝者とマリア(アラクネ)

Goryus vs. the last qualifier, winner then plays Maria (Arakune)

黄ふぁ(アラクネ)対ふも(アラクネ)

Ki-fa (Arakune) vs. Fumo (Arakune)

遠征勢ウザイ(レイチェル)対リバイア(ニュー)

EnseiseiUzai (Rachel) vs. Revaia (Nu)

とばり(レイチェル)対NEFE(ニュー)

Tobari (Rachel) vs. NEFE (Nu)

F

ヒマ(アラクネ)対アコ(アラクネ)

Hima (Arakune) vs. Ako (Arakune)

BLEED(ライチ)対メカ末(カルル)

BLEED (Litchi) vs. Mecha-matsu (Carl)

いさ(アラクネ)対パロスペ(ジン)

Isa (Arakune) vs. Parosupe (Jin)

ボーナスゲーム(レイチェル)対取扱注意(アラクネ)

Bonus Game (Rachel) vs. Toriatsukai-chuui aka Handle with Care (Arakune)

G

電波(タオカカ)対秋山澪を見守り隊(ニュー)

Denpa (Taokaka) vs. Akiyamablahblah (Nu)

青肉(レイチェル)対姜(ニュー)

Aoniku (Rachel) vs. kyou? (Nu)

ときど(アラクネ)対える(レイチェル)

Tokido (Arakune) vs. Eru (Rachel)

わたる(ラグナ)対カズヒラ(タオカカ)

Wataru (Ragna) vs. Kazuhira (Taokaka)

H

レン(ジン)対けしごむ(ノエル)

Ren (Jin) vs. Keshigomu aka Eraser (Noel)

N男(レイチェル)対かみゆ(アラクネ)

NOtoko (Rachel) vs. Kamiyu (arakune)

超(ニュー)対マコト(ニュー)

Chou (Nu) vs. Makoto (Nu)

椿(カルル)対F(ニュー)

Tsubaki (Carl) vs. F (Nu)

Shonen vs 0 first round! Hype match, due to the nature of Litchi vs Hakumen it really could go either way.

I still haven't seen or heard anything about Nochun since he qualified for SBO, but good luck to him. I've never heard of the Jin, but he's going into a good match after either way if he wins.

Diechan is a strong player but looks like he has a tough route. I can definately see him beating Kimoniku, Litchi can beat Rachel, but afterwards it can be tough.

BLEED has to play vs Carl round 1 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz but BBS sounds confident in him, then has to play the winner of Arakune mirror, good luck :psyduck:.

Wonder if that Miu is the same one from GG. He was one of the better Sols for a while. A shame there is no stream. Just gonna have to wait for dvd rip I guess.