Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT] What's a Litchi?

Alright guys i need some help, I've been transcribing CMV3, and I have already done quite a bit. Now that i have a written copy of most of the combos, i went into training mode to see if I could use any in my game. I decided to practice one of the riichi combos. 0:34 5B > 2C > ItsuuA > Kote623 > haku > hatsu > RiichiA > IppatsuA > Fj.C > 66 > 5C > j.BC > [D] > ]D[ > Staff1 > Fj.C > Staff2 > 6C > Tsubame > 6C > 3C - Done on Ragna. I can do the combo, but the second hit of tsubame whiffs. There are two possible reasons for it doing so. Proration got too high, or my spacing was off. I don't see how my spacing could be off, in the video the opponent is in the corner when he's hit by tsubame, I was in the corner when doing tsubame. The other possibility is proration was too high. Unfortunately in the video it doesn't show the first hit, but it HAS to be 5B, nothing else leads to 2C. :psyduck: Edit: Oh and the first hit can't be a counter hit, you would be able to see "counter" under the number of hits. Edit2: I can do it on tager :vbang:

You may have done the combo slightly too slow. I think it was figured out earlier that tech time increases based on time passed while in combo and not technically on hit count. I'll try it out and see if I can get it.

^Correct. Should I make a new thread for combos only and leave this as discussion, or should I just edit?

I can do the combo on Tager, but not on any other character, so I don't know if time has anything to do with it. The only thing I could speed up was the Hatsu after Haku, anyway. It wouldn't hurt to make a new thread specifically for combos. I should be finished with CMV3 by sometime tomorrow.

^Correct.

Should I make a new thread for combos only and leave this as discussion, or should I just edit?

i think copypasting what u got while adding some of the newer combos into a new thread will be just dandy. but unless u lock it the new thread will end up being discussion anyway :psyduck:

so maybe just edit?

I'd say... with how litchi functions... Leaving this as an overall litchi mechanics.. discussion of the moves and everything is fine. But I do think, with the depth and difficulty and... originality... of Litchi combos that a combo thread would probably be an extremely good investment...... as long as you stressed that that thread was for discussing new combos and help with executing stuff still went here. I think it'd definitely pay off... people discussing or bringing up new combos generally get kinda lost in the sheer volume of posts in this thread. EDIT: Glee.. BLEED and DIEchan both made top8... and dora's BANG is still in too. 2 nus 2 litchis 1 kune 1 rachel 1 bang 1 carl in top 8... Litchi = S tier. :eng101:

I can do the combo on Tager, but not on any other character, so I don't know if time has anything to do with it. The only thing I could speed up was the Hatsu after Haku, anyway.

It wouldn't hurt to make a new thread specifically for combos. I should be finished with CMV3 by sometime tomorrow.

That's not it. The most important part (as far as techable time) is JC dj j{D} falling JC. That'll determine whether you can actually finish or not.

That's not it. The most important part (as far as techable time) is JC dj j{D} falling JC. That'll determine whether you can actually finish or not.

This brings up a good question that I was running into today.

Since on videos and whatnot I can't actually SEE what the staff is doing. Do you hold that D at all or is it just press release?

I've had it work and mess up both ways, so I assume it's just my execution at this point...

Some combos, you can just tap, some combos you have to neg edge. The general rule is the farther the staff is from them during the combo, the less you have to hold it (until you don't have to hold it at all).

if you move the stick two 'kotes' (i guess ill call it that) or more from the corner you dont really have to hold it at all. If it's closer you have a hold for a bit. just trial and error it in training mode.

Some combos, you can just tap, some combos you have to neg edge.

The general rule is the farther the staff is from them during the combo, the less you have to hold it (until you don't have to hold it at all).

Alright, thanks. I'll practice some more today and see if I can get it down. CMV3 nearly finished~ :keke:

I have a quick question. Ive notice alot of her combos use IAD which i get lucky every know then to get it off. Does anyone know a trick to get it off more efficiently?

So, apparently, for that combo, you have to space the 5B so that after the haku you can hatsu and RiichiA right away. You also have to hit D the moment you JC the j.C. I was hoping this combo would be a bit more practical. :psyduck:

I have a quick question. Ive notice alot of her combos use IAD which i get lucky every know then to get it off. Does anyone know a trick to get it off more efficiently?

I hold 9 until she leaves the ground, then release D and press 6 at pretty much the same time. :eng101:

I hold 9 until she leaves the ground, then release D and press 6 at pretty much the same time. :eng101:

thanks i practiced my way then yours and yours pretty much made me more consistent :yaaay:.

thanks i practiced my way then yours and yours pretty much made me more consistent :yaaay:.

it was my idea. jk :v:

but i also think of it like this, like 956]D[ as its own move.

Does Litchi have any useful easy RC combos? My training partner uses Tager so using her DDs as a cover doesn't work very well unless I can get them in the corner. Usually, this isn't a problem, but they know my game so well that they know exactly when to switch between high and low blocking so it just feels wasted.

Yeah no, not particularly. Especially with tager the key is to do the... Opposite of litchi's game and not pressure in the corner. Do your combo and then backup and retrieve your staff. As far as rc comboes go, there are a few in the litchi cmv 3 on lk's youtube that are done on tager, but none are really useful. Rcing after a blocked chun can help as an afterthought.

hey i had a question about riichi combos that i asked here (as 'salvbot' the first 2 posts)

but no one has responded yet.

basically i cant seem to get the 2nd riichi hit on Jin in the corner (according to the video, Jin requires A, B, C once on the staff)

the details of my problem are in the youtube post, and the 'Jin section' of the video begins from about 2:00

anyone know what it is im doing wrong? this is LK's riichi combo video by the way

thx

I do believe jin will work as AAC instead of ABC. I'm not entirely sure if LK just put it down wrong or if he actually gets ABC to work on Jin, I only use AAC and ACC.. carl and tager notwithstanding anyway.