Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lord Knight

[CT] What's a Litchi?

I do believe jin will work as AAC instead of ABC. I'm not entirely sure if LK just put it down wrong or if he actually gets ABC to work on Jin, I only use AAC and ACC.. carl and tager notwithstanding anyway.

hey thanks, i think i finally got it to work regardless. rather than finessing the timing down, i started to furiously spam a then b once on the staff. it seems like having as little frames as possible in between your hatsu > riichi > A > B is what makes the difference in how far Jin's body moves from the corner in air.

button mash saves the day! :kitty:

hey thanks, i think i finally got it to work regardless. rather than finessing the timing down, i started to furiously spam a then b once on the staff. it seems like having as little frames as possible in between your hatsu > riichi > A > B is what makes the difference in how far Jin's body moves from the corner in air.

button mash saves the day! :kitty:

You can just hold the button down.. it will repeat the input every frame for five frames.

That combo was on BBS a couple of weeks ago. I don't get how to do 6C[m] sj into jb[m] consistently though.

I guess you'd have to just JC out of 6C[m] later into the hits if you can or something strange. Looks quite smexy... I will have to try, though I think if my litchi started putting out that much damage my friends would hurt me.

hoooooly shiet thats amazing. even before the super thats impressive damage given the amount of hits. i guess its just a trick on when to JC it, but i do find it quite difficult to pull off consistently. even in training.

So I pulled most of that off on a friend's nu off that same block pattern, left it short on Daisharin cuz I didn't know the inputs... but did about 5k damage... he... he quit. :(

Hay guyz I'm here with useless info 8D Has anyone else noticed that RiichiC has cross-up potential in the corner when used after regular knockdowns? Basically the setup requires the staff placed flush against the corner and you need to knock down your opponent with ...>6C>3C>(very slight delay)>63214C. When you hover over them you'll notice that if you timed the delay right your opponent will be look towards the corner and if you hit j.C at this moment you've crossed the opponent up. Unfortunately this oki is extremely unstable and you need to rely on your opponents to tech quickly. If they quick-tech or roll backwards then this crossover will work. If they forward roll then you'll bounce towards their direction and you can compensate with IAD>j.C and continue pressure but your opponent just escaped the corner. If they neutral tech or do any sort of delay before teching then you bounce off the stick away from the corner and you've lost all initiative. I dunno. Has anything applicable been discovered with RiichiC yet? Right now it still seems like it's a "lulz I guess I'll use it" move. I never use it btw. Also, it seems like there's no reason NOT to forward roll through Shishin on wakeup (especially in the corner) if you don't mind eating a bit of damage in exchange for getting out of pressure. There are solid, hit-confirmable followups for all the other situations (CH quick-tech, delayed tech into OTG, backwards roll, etc) that put the opponent right back in the corner. But so far I haven't found anything outside of awkward ad-lib combos if the opponent tries to forward roll.

Also, it seems like there's no reason NOT to forward roll through Shishin on wakeup (especially in the corner) if you don't mind eating a bit of damage in exchange for getting out of pressure. There are solid, hit-confirmable followups for all the other situations (CH quick-tech, delayed tech into OTG, backwards roll, etc) that put the opponent right back in the corner. But so far I haven't found anything outside of awkward ad-lib combos if the opponent tries to forward roll.

wait, jump C, tsubame~whatever and you'll still plop them pretty close to the other corner

you can also 6C

also, if they quick get-up when you're doing 3C shinshin...you can IAD for a nifty cross-up

Those don't work reliably in the corner. Turn emergency roll off, and set Ragna to forward roll. Bring him to the corner and do Tsubame>6C>3C>Shishin. 6C followup after Shishin doesn't work (in either direction). The best I've been able to get is Shishin>5B>jc.B>j.C>Tsubame>6C>3C but it's extremely unstable. There were few occasions where I could get a raw j.C followup after Shishin to work and put them back in the corner but you pretty much have to preemptively jump before the forward roll. j.C works in certain cases against forward rollers midscreen if the spacing was favorable. But in some instances Shishin is unpredictable on hit. There are times where the first 3 hits of Shishin will hit the opponent in one direction and then the 4th hit blows them the opposite way. This makes the spacing for the j.C follow-up a guessing game -- and if you guess wrong your combo ends. I'm sure all of you have experienced this at one point. Right now I still can't figure out what the exact cause of this is.

Those don't work reliably in the corner. Turn emergency roll off, and set Ragna to forward roll. Bring him to the corner and do Tsubame>6C>3C>Shishin. 6C followup after Shishin doesn't work (in either direction). The best I've been able to get is Shishin>5B>jc.B>j.C>Tsubame>6C>3C but it's extremely unstable. There were few occasions where I could get a raw j.C followup after Shishin to work and put them back in the corner but you pretty much have to preemptively jump before the forward roll.

j.C works in certain cases against forward rollers midscreen if the spacing was favorable. But in some instances Shishin is unpredictable on hit. There are times where the first 3 hits of Shishin will hit the opponent in one direction and then the 4th hit blows them the opposite way. This makes the spacing for the j.C follow-up a guessing game -- and if you guess wrong your combo ends. I'm sure all of you have experienced this at one point. Right now I still can't figure out what the exact cause of this is.

shin shin->jump C should always work...won't put them in the corner, but who cares for an extra 3k or so damage...that's the point of corner mix-up anyway is to get that extra damage in...so if they decide to take it and leave themselves CLOSE to the other corner...so be it

I'm still working on the RiichiA corner combos, can get them started without screwing up about 50% of the time on most characters, but I keep running into the same problem. After the 3rd Riichi hit, I drop, 9, j.C, JC(9), [D], ]D[, and always miss with the falling j.C. Anybody know why this is? Am I supposed to jump higher after the first j.C, hold D longer (I just tap it right now), or something else entirely? (Mostly been practicing on Ragna if that helps)

That combo was on BBS a couple of weeks ago.

I don't get how to do 6C[m] sj into jb[m] consistently though.

it's definitely spacing, the staff seems to come back REALLY quickly if they're pretty much directly in the middle of the 6C[M]...it might also help the fact that the 6C counter hits and gets all 4 hits which seems to be rare (might be a result of the CH...and is there more stun on the 4th hit? she seemed to be in the air quite a while..even started her decent towards the floor). Another note that for some reason 6C a bit different in the corner...seems the staff will never come back quick enough

question about riichi corner combos...you stated that it's not worth it on tager....is that because there's not a tager riichi combo or is it because there's a high damage corner tager combo that I'm just not seeing?

if it's the first...the answer is really simple...421D after 3C on tager makes riichi combo work on him (A,C,C)...it's REALLY easy too since his hitbox is so gigantic..did 3700ish when started with 6A, 5C

I don't know dude, getting Tager in the corner and into a position by which to execute the Riichi combos in itself just seems like a bad idea against Tager. Kinda because getting that close to Tager is generally bad. Giving him extra oppurtunities for Soviet damage is to be avoided.

Ya, hold D a bit longer Shining. Also, make sure you are hitting the ground before you rejump for J.c. And yes, it is probably better to just get your damage in and gtfo of the corner against Tager rather than trying to do staffless mixup that will probably get you IB->360/720. I'm still way too agressive against Tager because his hitbox is fat and super-silly in the corner.

shin shin->jump C should always work...won't put them in the corner, but who cares for an extra 3k or so damage...that's the point of corner mix-up anyway is to get that extra damage in...so if they decide to take it and leave themselves CLOSE to the other corner...so be it

I agree about the damage and I suppose I should be satisfied with what I can get but what I'm not satisfied with is that there's no clear-cut stable followup that leads to knockdown every time somebody forward rolls through Shishin. I don't think you've even tried experimenting with Shishin + forward roll for various situations on multiple characters. If you did then you would find that j.C doesn't always allow for followup combos. The j.C needs to be spaced and timed with quite a bit of precision. Furthermore you'd know that even if you did manage to get j.C>land>tsubame>etc the rest of the combo doesn't lead them anywhere near the corner. After four hits of Shishin + Tsubame the rest of the combo becomes techable if you try to rep Tsubame any more times.

Shishin>(forward roll)>j.C>(land)>Tsubame>6C>Tsubame>(techable).

Shishin>(forward roll)>j.C>(land)>Tsubame>2C>(techable).

Honestly I don't mind stopping the combo after the 6C since it's a knockdown. I just wish Shishin didn't react as unpredictably as it does.

to be more specific you can fall foward and downwards at the same time. oh wait, its called diagonal xD while throwing. if u just dash throw you wont start falling until your throw animation is done, but with this it just looks super fast and scary. great for nu mostly IMO, i havent gotten around to use it often in a match.