Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluzenblazen

[Xrd] Villa Vampir. The Slayer social thread.

Anyone has ingame pictures of Slayer color 12? I want to make a icon out of it. 

I notice you have an icon already, but would you like a higher quality/ different picture?

It doesnt take me any effort to get a few screenshots with my capture card.  Considering I have the colors I wouldnt mind.

I would use Color 12 but I'm afraid it's too spooby for Sharron. Then again, being the wife of a vampire I suppose she's used to all kinds of weird goings on.

I would use Color 12 but I'm afraid it's too spooby for Sharron. Then again, being the wife of a vampire I suppose she's used to all kinds of weird goings on.

Color 11 is where its at man.

So I know that getting information from SRK comments is like citing the National Enquirer, but there were comments that Japanese players are jumping ship from Xrd and going back to +R. Any truth to this?

I'd assume you can play more than one game. However I've heard Xrd didn't really get a lot of new people due to steep learning curve and too difficult to even get close to the really good people. Hence more people play Persona and BlazBlue.

...steep learning curve and too difficult to even get close to the really good people...

This. Granted I had a hiatus from fighting games in general and even longer if you discount time spent playing DoA5 instead of something as complicated as GG, but there is way too much to learn before most people can even begin to have fun with the game, much less actually stand a chance at winning consistently. I was winning in BB without too much more effort/training than SFIV, but I have definitely put in some hours here and still feel like a slug. I do enjoy the process of learning and can still count stealing a round as a win in my book, so I am happy but it will probably be a very long time before I can say that I am even decent at XRD.

Got out of EVO pools in winners. Slayer army is strong. Tomorrow at 12 PST I fight Woshige.

Also played a casual 2/3 against FAB, which was recorded, lots of fun.

Got out of EVO pools in winners. Slayer army is strong. Tomorrow at 12 PST I fight Woshige.

Also played a casual 2/3 against FAB, which was recorded, lots of fun.

Good shit Day. Spread the Dandy gospel as the pilebunker messiah.

I had a pretty easy ride to Top 32. I think me, MikeMuscles, and Taka all entered in losers. I lost to Taka, Mike lost to RF, and Taka lost to Nakamura.

Against Woshige, his experience really showed with the normals he used to stuff me. I scummed out a round cause he refused to play the throw game on oki. I blocked his mixup decently but his movement made it very hard to get a hit.

Against Taka, it felt like we both didn't know what to do against BDC. His grab game was pretty dominant and he did some very good BDC Dandy Steps to break pressure. The set went to the last round and there were many rounds where we completely stomped each other. I saw someone recording our match so hopefully that will be uploaded.

For the rest of my matches, all US players, I'm guessing nobody had good Slayer experience.

I will be entering SCR this weekend. I'm in Inoue's pool on the other side of the bracket and I feel there's a decent chance I'll play him. Any character he plays will be out of my league so I wouldn't mind if he didn't pick Sol.

Whatever happens, I'll try my best to put Slayer in Xrd top 8. It won't be easy from losers side but I think I can rob my way past top 16.

Sweet. I hope we get to see you play. I will most likely not be able to watch live streams due to time difference and other obligations but would be cool if you'd post any matches afterwards :)

Wellp I pre-regd and got my room for FF8. Will be my first out of state tourney though not my first tourney.. hopefully I don't scrub out completely though just excited to play people offline. 

Just worried about my match up experience more than anything specifically Faust and bedman. No idea how to play those matches at all as I haven't run across many online. The few prominent Bedmans that play online I don't have a great connection with -_-

1 hour ago, Zerosleep said:

specifically Faust

If they know how broken 5K is you're doomed. But glhf and remember to point us towards any vids if you want critique.

Against Faust, it's very worth your time to learn the 2k, 2p link do you can get a very threatening high low option, especially with meter to convert non-meaty IL, after whiff UP oki in the corner. 

After implementing that into my game, I had an easier time against Faust. The neutral is still a struggle though

Ive practiced that a tiny bit in training but I don't think I've ever used it in a match I'll brush up a bit.

I think I'll be able to get shaky cam vids of my matches if I do I'll post one or two

Frostys was great, went 1-2 in pools but got a lot of great matches in casuals and I learned a whole lot. I lost a slayer mirror because I dropped 2 match winning combos from nerves, then got bodied by a Ram in losers. Had no idea what to do besides BDC fd jump out of mixup but I couldnt get a solid hit to get anything going.

Like I said I had a lot of fun, I have a new outlook for training on net play and I plan on going back to chicago for Combo Breaker to do better than 1-2 :p

First thing I did after figuring out how to mod the game was go ham with an air + ground normal Pilebunker.

If I have this much success with all the other data structures (currently I can only mod audio + character scripts) then a fully functional modkit isn't out of the picture at all.

On March 1, 2016 at 7:57 PM, drunkards_walk said:

So who are you guys playing in SF5 (if you're playing at all). Just curious to see what kind of characters people pick outside of Slayer

Karin

5 hours ago, drunkards_walk said:

Ive been maining her as well. Oddly enough, I think she has a playstyle reminiscent of Slayer 

Yup, I agree. You live and die in the neutral and pressure once you get a KD. She even has FB dandy and BBU lol

On 3/3/2016 at 10:49 PM, Melo said:

Yup, I agree. You live and die in the neutral and pressure once you get a KD. She even has FB dandy and BBU lol

Exactly, I guess Woshige maybe has more influence at Capcom than everyone expected

8 minutes ago, IrishKing said:

Anyone else hear Slayer's voice in Revelator? I can't stand it, a damn shame his voice actor died.

I'm not a Slayer main but yeah I miss his voice actor despite only starting playing with Xrd. He had a lot of character instead of just "Anime Old Man".