Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OneSanitarium

[Xrd] I-no Combo Thread

Not sure if this is a good combo but i like doing this route since i'm still trying to learn the fancy stuff

j.k, j.s, cr.k, cr.s, hcl, d

on crouching 

j.k, j.s, cr.k, cr.s, cr.hs, stbt(s) 

I also find this string very helpful for mixups as well (fixed)

c.S > 6P > 5H > TK H Dive > 5H > j.H > P Dive > 66 > j.H > FFVCL > land > 6H(2) > HCL~Follow-up

219 on Ky, builds ~1.6 bars. Deep corner.

Airthrow Combos:

Corner -

1) High/Mid/Low Airthrow>RC>5H>j.H>P Dive>Airdash j.H>FF VCL>5S>j.S>j.H>P Dive>Airdash j.H>P Dive

~152 Dmg

(substitute 5S after RC for low Airthrow - ~147 Dmg)

Midscreen -

2) Low Airthrow>RC>Airdash j.K>j.S>FF VCL>5H>iad j.K>j.S>FF VCL>j.S>j.H>P Dive>Airdash j.H>P Dive

~131 Dmg

4) Mid Airthrow>RC>Airdash j.K>j.S>FF VCL>j.S>j.H>S Dive>5S>j.S>j.H>P Dive>Airdash j.H> P Dive

~125 Dmg

5) High Airthrow>RC>Airdash j.K>j.S>FF VCL>j.P>j.S>dj.S>HCL~VCL

~111 Dmg

I can't see to connect any follow up from the j.D > VCL combos stated in the first page.. what's the secret for doing them? I also can seem to connect anything from a close VCL (i tried it from I-no's dash and from standing).

Please help :(

I can't see to connect any follow up from the j.D > VCL combos stated in the first page.. what's the secret for doing them? I also can seem to connect anything from a close VCL (i tried it from I-no's dash and from standing).

Please help :(

Delay the VCL as much as you can. From higher hits, it is quite hard to get follwoups but from instant j.D or hoverdash airdash string into j.D the link is pretty lenient when you delay VCL.

Maybe this have been asked but... Anyone other than me finding it really difficult or not possible to do "normal" combos on Ramlethal? like j.k>2k>6p>5h>stuff... The 5H whiffs.
I have to cut our c.S, 2k etc. after a dash jumping attack and it's making it difficult xD

Another question, I've seen players like OSCA do all sorts of dive loops (with the wall splat), is there any reason you guys preferred not to list them in the OP ? Are they too character specific / unreliable / less dmg?

They seems to be really useful off random hits like AA 5p or some jump normals.

It's probably more that they haven't been listed yet.  The game has only been out for so long, and it came out around the holidays.

Dive builds more meter than VCL, but VCL loop leads to more damage.  The wall splat combos are actually sub-optimal for damage in most cases because Sdive scales RISC harder than normal.  Most moves scale by 6-8 points, but Sdive scales by 19, which is like hitting them with three lvl5 moves (trying to use Sdive kinda late in the combo wont scale so bad though since the hits are already scaled by that point).  Also, P/K/S dives hit for 30 damage, but j.H, 5H, VCL, j.D, and c.S hit harder.  One of the benefits of using Sdive is that you can start it from further away, so if they're doing stuff like 5H > j.H > Sdive you don't want to burst at the wrong time.

what combos do you guys use on crouching opponents, obviously when youre close you can do the optimal combo.  However, i often find im too far for the optimal combo so i just go for something ending in HCL, but when  theyre are crouching it misses.  

Just a normal VCL but this is the sick part lol if you input VCL any way the VCL still comes out so honestly idk what side it really hits on its super scary and my lil bro / training parter hates it lol leads to mad damage

2K > 6P > 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > FFVCL > VCL > c.S > j.S > j.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Pdive                                 (SO, FA: 148, MA, AX: 151) (Builds approx 29% meter) (4-hit Note Oki)

2K > 6P > 5H > IAD j.K > FFVCL > c.S > VCL > c.S > j.S > j.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Pdive                                (SO: 153, AX: 156) (Builds approx 28% meter) (4-hit Note Oki)

2K > 6P > 5H > IAD j.K > FFVCL > c.S > VCL > c.S > sj.S > sj.H > Pdive > dash j.H > Pdive > Kdive                (IN, RA: 159)

It doesn't work: after j.H I can't hit MA, IN, RA and AX with my first Pdive - they're too high.

I checked every timing VCL after FFVCL, none of it works. For SO and FA I do high jump cancel IAD to continue it with j.K, j.S, FFVCL...but at the end of combo after I do Pdive, SO or FA is too high and he can recover instead of being knock down.

All in all, I have problem with corner combos to do some setups or max damage. Can someone explain that issue to me? Or make some video?

P.S. The problem affects every variant of combos starts with: j.K or j.S or j.K->j.S.

Yeah sorry, the stuff I posted earlier in the thread doesn't account for the nuances in the combos.

What I was working on for the wiki is a little more specific (the same combo listed twice for the difference between regular IADs and super jump IADs, for example).  That's unfinished, and what's there is unpolished.  I need to work on it more.  Unfortunately I wont have as much time to work on it since I resumed my job today.  I'll try to make time for it at least once a week while I still can, since I'd like to get the combo section really filled out well.  I think the concept of the templates I'm using works well enough, and I figured that we could give the character specific details on combos (such as " j.H > immediate Pdive" vs "j.H > delay Pdive" vs "j.H > slightly hold Pdive") in the matchup threads.

But yeah, I'll try to work on it some during the week, but I think I'm going to be busy this weekend with stuff.

Has anyone come up with some danger time combos? or are there any videos? I'll probably try working on some later this week.

I wouldn't imagine they'd be all that different from normal routes. Mortal Counter 2S or 5K can both cancel into HD j.S or j.H at max ranges, and as long as the countdown is still going down you'll still get boosted damage for a heavy hitting combo.

MC 2S > HD j.H > c.S > 6P > 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > FFVCL > land > j.S > j.H > P Dive > 66 > j.H > P Dive is around 240ish damage on Sol.

UF > c.S > VCL > c.S > j.S > j.H > P Dive > 66 > j.H > P Dive > S Dive > c.S > j.S > j.H is about 300, if you wanted to do a move that was 0f after flash during DT! Into just a basic combo too.

edit: If you go to practice any Danger Time combos, make sure you do it from an actual clash, since the Mortal Counter option doesn't give the combo the damage boost you would get in the mode.

corner against Ramlethal:

c.S > 6P > 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > FFVCL > land > (delay) VCL > (delay) 5S > 5H > j.S > j.H > HCL ~ VCL

Does 223. Timing seems tight because Ram needs to fall a bit for the 5H to hit. Is there a more damaging combo I could be doing?

Off of c.S as a starter?  Hm...  not sure if it'll work, but damage will be better if you can omit the j.S after the j.K when you do the IAD part.  Just go straight into VCL and see if you can follow it up.  Also, while it's really hard to do j.H > Pdive stuff on Ram, see if you can c.S > 5H > j.H > Pdive when relaunching from the FFVCL.  You might have to just do c.S > sj.S > sj.H > Pdive, then follow up with more stuff like dash j.H > FFVCL > 6H > HCL ~ D.  Going for dash j.H > Pdive for knockdown will give you better oki at the cost of some damage.

Odds are you'll get similar damage if you go into into Pdive knockdown, but with better oki, and will wind up doing maybe 7-10 points more damage if you Pdive and follow up with the FFVCL string into HCL ~ D.

Instant kill combo cause I didn't see one listed.

Near corner HD/j.H > c.S > 6P > 41236S, 2S > 214K (RC) activate > IK

Need full tension. Works from training dummy set to 29 life. Tested on Slayer.

Also throw > RC > activate > IK works everywhere if your opponents life is flashing afaik.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk