Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OneSanitarium

[Xrd] I-no Combo Thread

For combos into IK off any combo into sj.IAD in the corner you can ff VCL RRC activate IK on flashing life.  Works on Potemkin at least but I haven't tested other chars (this is how I did the combo into IK mission).  It's very strict timing though, wouldn't be surprised if it's Pot only.

You can just combo into STBT -> RC -> activate on almost everyone mid screen or corner. Notable exceptions include Bedman, Pot, and Sol that I know of. Also, throw -> RC IK is character specific outside of the corner.

I've been trying to come up with some generic paths for i-no's corner combos and finding that utilizing P Dive > airdash > j.H > FFVCL adds a lot good options

• 2K > 6P > 5H > j.H > S Dive > cl.S > j.S > j.H > P Dive(delay) > airdash > j.H >
    • P Dive > land > Note Oki
    • S Dive > Cross under VCL / Reset
    • FFVCL > cl.S > sjc > j.S > j.H > K Dive / S Dive
    • FFVCL > [super] or [Hdash > SM/Throw Reset]
    • FFVCL > 5P xx SM (tech is at a good height for ground SM)

I'm going to look into what options come out of P dive for that 3rd ender

Also this is a combo I came up with (tested on Sin) for that VCL cross under that one guy posted in the general thread. Doesn't seem to work vs ppl that tech away from the corner, so not sure how this actually hits people. But if it does...

• VCL High Reset >
    • cl.S > VCL > cl.S > VCL > cl.S > VCL > cl.S > jc > j.S > j.H > P Dive > airdash >
      • P Dive Airdash > Enders 

Corner Ky:

2K >  6P > 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > FFVCL > (land) > j.S > J.H > P Dive > airdash > j.H > FFVCL > (land) c.S > sj.S > sj.H > P Dive > airdash > j.H > P Dive > K Dive

153dmg, ~55% tension (222 with 5S starter)

Corner Ramlethal:

2K >  6P > 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > FFVCL > (land) > j.S > J.H > (fall slightly) P Dive > airdash > j.H > FFVCL > (land) > j.S > sj.H > P Dive > airdash > j.H > P Dive 

155dmg, ~50% tension (222 with 5S starter), P Dive hits really low so good oki

Sorry if I missed it but I didn't see anything, anyone got any combos for when you air throw into note? 

An initial observation I've had when messing around with the S Dive wall bounce is that when you do it low it seems to put you into the corner right away, but if it's higher up (with say sj.S > j.H > S dive enders) you won't get into the corner immediately.

Just noticed this when trying to figure out when the VCL cross under in the corner works properly. 

May have found some max damage meterless off our command air throw, but it differs depending on the character what you can end with and its also pretttty tight, you gotta hit the airdash j.S > j.H as low as you can to the ground to get c.S to come out and combo. 

Midscreen:

Axl: SM > late P dive > late airdash j.S > j.H > land > c.S > j.S > j.H > HCL ~ D (138 on Axl)

Sol : SM > late P dive > late airdash j.S > j.H > land > c.S > SJ j.S > j.H > S dive

Ram: SM > late P dive > late airdash j.S > j.H > land > c.S > SJ j.S > HCL ~ D

Edit: I don't know if this works on everyone, but I tested with 3 character types (Ram is bouncy, Sol is normal, Axl drops faster) so I'm just guessing it does, but could be wrong!

Howdy, 
I was wanting to i-no a try as I'm not really feeling elphelt. I gave her a spin in challenge mode and she seems hella nifty.

You guy's have any recommended BnB's for a beginner just to kinda scrape me along and get a feel for her while I adjust to her movement and stuff?

This is an evernote I've been working on for I-no that lists combos that generally work on most of the cast. There are slight variations you need to do for some, but it gives you a general idea of what typically is used
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s495/sh/ad7a474f-9a6e-4dcf-a048-f987f9499de0/fc3021cda90ca5540cdfaeb0f82a8811

I didn't play I-no seriously in previous games because I didn't have the execution and King Lowtier picked her up making it redundant in the days before net play so there wasn't a point for me to keep trying. That said I'm still very inconsistent at dash airdash, so I found some throw combos that didn't require it till I get those down and forgot to post em here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emRPZPsREJI

Nice combos! I had problems with throw combos and no idea how to optimize. Really, really great and practical video.

Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad I could help out someone else out.

Another easy throw combo that doesn't require the dash -> airdash is to do:

Throw(Rc) -> dash j.hs -> j.D -> double jump j.S -> j.hs -> k or s dive

In the corner you just cancel the j.D late into VCL -> cl.S -> VCL -> cl.S -> j.S -> j.hs -> p dive -> airdash j.hs -> p dive

I can't recall right now but you might get another rep of close slash -> VCL in the corner. Also, I do the same throw combo if I happen to throw out of the corner with the Wiff dive cross under :-)

so i was practicing hcl yrc, airdash j.s, vcl, 5hs, iad jks, hcl~d and getting either 183 or 151 for same combo, same char (sol), midscreen combo so i hit select each time bar set to 25 meter. One of the locals said if you hit someone during the slowdown of the yrc it prorates so if I delay the j.s every time I should consistently get that 183 damage. Anyone else notice anything else like that or have combos that rely on that for extrra damage? 30 damage for the same combo is definitely worth learning the timing imo. 

Yeah delaying hits till after the rc slowdown lets you bypass the forced proration. It's not always possible but it's there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Combos off of VCL YRC oki when the other player gets hit by the VCL itself definitely benefit from this.  Linking j.D into a VCL loop in the corner is like 250 damage, whereas if you hit them too fast with a less optimal move (like j.S) by accident instead of confirming the hit, you're looking at like 200 (proration + not getting the most optimized follow up).

Against lightweights (and select middleweights) midscreen:

VCL/HCL YRC > Airdash j.S > j.K > FF VCL > IAD j.K > j.S > j.H > c.S > VCL > 5P > c.S > j.P > j.S > dj.H > K Dive

~ 193 DMG.

Against all (Universal):

VCL/HCL YRC > Airdash j.S > j.K > FF VCL >

5H > IAD j.P > j.K > FF VCL > midscreen/corner ender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsSvxUOgMkk urichinan posted this one, that i think is pretty good for the the corner carry

http://youtu.be/NqOzD5Dzp6A corner stuff  with a bunch of options

I'm personally doing in the corner 5d 66, j.h, j.d, 6p j.hs, p dive, airdash j.h p dive, haven't tested on everyone yet