Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OneSanitarium

[Xrd] I-no Combo Thread

Awesome, thanks for putting that info in there bob, it will help out all the newcomers to I-No and everyone else doing some combo theory.

Yep, I'm starting to learning her and the wiki is being a godsend right now. Thanks for the hard work bob!

Of course! I'm grateful for all the info that everybody shared since the beginning when was lurking the theory thread and OneSanitarium making the godlike video thread =)

Make sure you thank OneSanitarium and HollySmoke too, as well as anyone else that's contributed to all of the I-No info we have.

This is true! Thank you guys as well for starting the threads and putting in wiki info as well. Let's get these combos rollling

It's been a team effort. I'm sure I speak for One and Bob as well when I say thank you. It means a lot when people are using the resources we try to put out for them, makes the effort worth it.

When it comes to the 6P > 5HS > IAD > j,K > j.S

You have to Super Jump IAD it on Sol I-No 
and who else? (Sorry if I missed this)

I tried fighting a few people and combo variations are killing me.
Finding out routes like 5H > 2HS > 2D  >214k ~followup doesn't work on Axl - or is my timing bad D;

(New to the guilty gear'ing but it seems really stiff ,  corner combo wise I tend to Fly through the opponent sometimes with j.236S but i'm adjusting to these nicely)

Any tips for combo lab'ing?

When it comes to the 6P > 5HS > IAD > j,K > j.S

You have to Super Jump IAD it on Sol I-No 

and who else? (Sorry if I missed this)

I tried fighting a few people and combo variations are killing me.

Finding out routes like 5H > 2HS > 2D  >214k ~followup doesn't work on Axl - or is my timing bad D;

(New to the guilty gear'ing but it seems really stiff ,  corner combo wise I tend to Fly through the opponent sometimes with j.236S but i'm adjusting to these nicely)

Any tips for combo lab'ing?

Just super jump for everyone, makes it more consistent amongst the cast anyway.

I'm finding now that I pretty much will go for sDive instead of the BnB though.... because I'm not very good at making use of high up HCL ~ VCL knockdowns. I want my hard momentum.

I usually just go for CL enders and then the musical note oki , YRC's to make it better.

So far I'm just trying to find combos that work across the board. Being new - i've never seen so many Character specific variations of combos before tbh.
My character history doesn't really have that struggle but i don't wish to give up. I used to play GG a long time ago idk how I did it back then.

I terms of Super Jumping in to IAD
you can't do it like in BB where you input  96 can you? 

I am almost certain you can't get them to block a note after a high up HCL ~ VCL without RCing it on the way down.

They could just jump out/backdash out and you are at neutral from a long distance then pretty much.

I usually just go for CL enders and then the musical note oki , YRC's to make it better.

So far I'm just trying to find combos that work across the board. Being new - i've never seen so many Character specific variations of combos before tbh.
My character history doesn't really have that struggle but i don't wish to give up. I used to play GG a long time ago idk how I did it back then.

I terms of Super Jumping in to IAD
you can't do it like in BB where you input  96 can you? 

1/2/3 96 for super jump, but yeah you can do that.

The SJ IAD j.K j.S xx fast fall 214S works on everyone, the followups CAN be a bit character specific but generally I will do either j.P j.S > double jump > j.S xx HCL ~ VCL or just j.S xx HCL ~ VCL on characters that I can't do the former. The oki from this is really poor though, you can go for the HCL YRC BobMan mentioned, but that is not something to rely on as an oki setup most of the time, it is easy to get out of.

Any good 5D combos? I've been using the in game ones but I'm sure there's something better.

Edit: man I miss the impossible dust combos from AC+R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any good 5D combos? I've been using the in game ones but I'm sure there's something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midscreen I just do like

5D 

j.D j.D

j.D xx 236K

Doesn't work on everyone though, for example replace the 3rd j.D with j.HS on Millia.

In the corner

5D~6

j.HS j.D

land

j.D xx 214S

c.S xx 214S

5P 5S

j.S j.HS xx 236K

This probably isn't optimal at all but it is consistent for me.

Those are really neat, but tricky for me. Are you delaying any of the dives or anything? I always get my ky dummy teching out before stuff hits.

Those are really neat, but tricky for me. Are you delaying any of the dives or anything? I always get my ky dummy teching out before stuff hits.

It's all about timing the air dash j.HS > P Dive right. On some characters you have to do it early, some late, some you have to change P Dive timing on. For Ky, you do the air dash kind of late, and the j.HS early, then immediate P Dive > S Dive.

Also, on a different note, I've spent basically all day working on throw RC side switch combos that are consistent and work on lots of characters.

So far, I've tested these on Faust, Ramlethal, and Slayer and confirmed they work:

(Back to corner) Throw RC > Dash S STBT > j.P > j.S > j.HS > S Dive > c.S > sj.S > j.HS > P Dive > AD j.S > j.HS > K Dive

Tested on Slayer and Faust. Double P Dive ender might be possible, but I wasn't able to get it after 30-40 min of trying.

Buffer the dash during the RC animation, and do STBT as soon as possible. If you do it correctly, STBT will cross under and hit them into the corner.

(Back to corner) Throw RC > sj8.AD > 5K > j.S > j.HS > S Dive > c.S > j.S > j.HS > P Dive > AD j.HS > P Dive

Tested on Slayer and Ramlethal. The damage is slightly lower, but you get better oki. The timing on this one is a lot harder, but still doable.

The trick here is to super jump as early as possible, slightly delay your air dash, and then land into 5K on the other side of the opponent. The timing is really tricky, because if you air dash too early you won't cross over them, but if you do it too late, she'll be too high and won't land in time for 5K to juggle. It takes some time, but it's not the worst.

I've found that both of these are much more reliable than the Throw RC > Dash~AD FFVCL route, but the reward is not as great.

I found the second one way easier. Like I can do it with pretty good consistency whereas I haven't landed the first one once.

Testing on Sol though, so the first just may not work on him.

I'm not a fan of my consistency with either of those combos. Throw RC > Asap double dash > c.S > 5H works on everyone and pretty much gives you a P Dive knockdown on everyone.

The buffer during RC super freeze is pretty handy for dashing instantly after it. Dash ~ Cross under S Dive >  5H is consistent on Slayer using this. Running through it with all characters, seems to work on everyone so far.

It works on everyone with the same timing, though its possible to mess up and not cross under. And on Potemkin it feels a bit tighter. You can also do ...> 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > j.H > land > c.S on him though. Not sure what combo to try and do from this, though. On some characters you can do 5H > j.H > P Dive, but from there you can't do too much. AD j.H or j.K>j.S/j.S>j.K > VCL leaves you just a bit too far to get much from it.

On Slayer:

Throw RC > Dash~Cross under S Dive > 5H > j.H > P Dive > 66 > j.S > j.H > land > 5H > j.H > P Dive > 66 > j.H > P Dive does 135 damage. And ~3 hits of note. Back to the corner, dunno if it works beyond that atm.

On Sol I managed

throw RC

66 > 236S

5H 

j.H xx 236P

j.H xx 214S

5S

j.S j.HS xx 236P

j.HS xx 236P

152 damage to Sol, 4 hit note

As usual with those superjump combos though, getting the knockdown off P dive becomes difficult.

For anyone that 5H > j.H > P Dive doesn't work on, you can pretty much always get 5H IAD stuff from the above combo. IAD j.K > j.S > VCL > 5H seems to work every time.

Also, on Sin.

Back in the corner, throwing out:

Throw RC > ~Max range hoverdash > Airdash > Somewhat delay > j.S > j.H > land > 5H > IAD j.K > j.S > VCL > land > j.P > j.S > dj.S > dj.H HCL~Follow Up.

It's full screen and gives you FFVCL Oki if you do it from ~ a character length away from the corner instead of in it.

What do you guys have for midscreen dive knockdown?

Apart from just superjump j.S j.HS xx 236S, right now all I have is

? 6P 5HS

superjump IAD

j.K j.S xx 214S

j.S

j.S xx 236S

Works on:

Millia - 138 from 2K - 194 from j.S

Slayer - 109 from 2K - 153 from j.S - 132 from j.K j.S

Elphelt(normal jump IAD instead of super jump, delay the j.S on rejump) - 117 from 2K - 162 for j.S - 142 for j.K j.S

? 6P 5HS

superjump IAD

j.K j.S xx 214S

j.P j.S

j.S xx 236S

Works on:

Potemkin - 107 from 2K - 152 from j.S - 128 from j.K j.S

Leo (much easier from normal jump IAD, delay the final j.S a little) - 120 from 2K - 166 from j.S - 143 from j.K j.S

Bedman(super easy from normal jump IAD) - 107 from 2K - 152 from j.S - 128 from j.K j.S

Ky(easy from normal jump IAD) - 120 from 2K - 166 from j.S

? 6P 5HS

superjump IAD

j.K j.S xx 214S

superjump forward

j.S xx 236S

Works on:

May (struggled with this one, j.K j.S may be possible but I haven't landed it) - 113 from 2K - 158 from j.S 

Ky - 135 from j.K j.S

Chipp(seems tricky) - 142 from 2K - 197 from j.S - j.K j.S seems impossible

Ramlethal - 114 from 2K - 158 from j.S - j.K j.S seems impossible

I-No - 114 from 2K

Millia - 159 from j.K j.S

=(

Sin, Faust, Sol, Axl, Venom, Zato

Any help in my endeavours would be greatly appreciated, struggling with some characters to find anything.

Ambiguous IAD VCL combo routes -

IAD crossup VCL YRC>...

...A: minimum height P Dive>5H>iad j.K>j.S> FF VCL>j.P>j.S>dj.S>HCL>VCL

~190 Dmg

...B: 5S>j.S>dj.S>dj.H>S Dive

~144 Dmg

...C: 5H>iad j.K>j.S> FF VCL>j.P>j.S>dj.S> HCL>VCL

~180 Dmg

...D: C: 5S>5H>iad j.P>j.K>FF VCL>j.P>j.S> dj.S>HCL>VCL

~200 Dmg

(No: FA, VE, MI, EL, SL, RA, ZA - Can use 2S instead of 5S for Venom & Elphelt)

Ambiguous IAD VCL combo routes -

IAD crossup VCL YRC>...

...A: minimum height P Dive>5H>iad j.K>j.S> FF VCL>j.P>j.S>dj.S>HCL>VCL

~190 Dmg

...B: 5S>j.S>dj.S>dj.H>S Dive

~144 Dmg

...C: 5H>iad j.K>j.S> FF VCL>j.P>j.S>dj.S> HCL>VCL

~180 Dmg

...D: C: 5S>5H>iad j.P>j.K>FF VCL>j.P>j.S> dj.S>HCL>VCL

~200 Dmg

(No: FA, VE, MI, EL, SL, RA, ZA - Can use 2S instead of 5S for Venom & Elphelt)

Been mostly using B for now since it works on everyone, but damn option D reaaal nice! Good find

So im new to this char and she has lots of combo options. U guys have a basic list to start from? Advanced tech are fine i have decent execution just a simple explanation on how to do it would work. Thank u for any i fonur able to provide :)

So im new to this char and she has lots of combo options. U guys have a basic list to start from? Advanced tech are fine i have decent execution just a simple explanation on how to do it would work. Thank u for any i fonur able to provide :)

The wiki has a lot of information on both how her normal functions and some basic chain routes you should study.

I'm noticing that there are situations where I can AA 6P > c.S > sj.S > sj.H > Pdive on characters like Sol, which I think would have whiffed before.  This leads to dash j.H > Sdive in most cases for great corner push with good oki, and it's great for those situations where 6P > 5H wont work.  I'm going to have to experiment to see which characters (if any) this drops against, and to look for more optimized combos off of AA 5P/6P, but it's good to know about.