Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OneSanitarium

[Xrd] I-no Combo Thread

Hi all, What are the basics combos for beginner?

What is the starter for the mix mid/low with ino?

Thx

Just a polite reminder to keep stuff like this in the Q&A/101 thread please; this one is used to post combos or the discussion of creating combos or combo theory. As far as basic combos go, the challenge mode does a good job of teaching you some chain routes off 6P and corner dive combos. As far as mix-up options; a lot. You can dash jK and mix up into either a jD overhead, or land and follow up with 2K. The easiest combo you can use in most situations mid-screen is a confirm off 2K or 6P > 5HS > jK > jS > jc > jS > jHS > HCL ~ D. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGJ2yfxvpQQ is a good video demonstrating some useful beginner combos for her. 

Just a polite reminder to keep stuff like this in the Q&A/101 thread please; this one is used to post combos or the discussion of creating combos or combo theory. As far as basic combos go, the challenge mode does a good job of teaching you some chain routes off 6P and corner dive combos. As far as mix-up options; a lot. You can dash jK and mix up into either a jD overhead, or land and follow up with 2K. The easiest combo you can use in most situations mid-screen is a confirm off 2K or 6P > 5HS > jK > jS > jc > jS > jHS > HCL ~ D. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGJ2yfxvpQQ is a good video demonstrating some useful beginner combos for her.

Ok sorry and thx!!

When i must use 66956 and 663?

Ok sorry and thx!!

When i must use 66956 and 663?

:psyduck:

66956 = Dashing after your hoverdash. You can use it when you want to go airdashing into people's face for whatever your gameplan is.

663 = Situational air dashing upwards at a higher angle. You can use it as a psych out (Start airdash, they try and do something, you fly above their head) or bait (maybe you throw a note low on the ground, they try and jump over it and you use 663 to meet and greet in the air).

I'm at work so I can't test, but saw hasegawa do stuff into 6p, sj iad (on sol), jk, js, ffvcl, hcl, 5s, j.s,j.hs, p dive, airdash j.h, ffvcl, 6h, hcl ~ d,  looked kinda hot if anyone wants to test the damage on that as a legit option. never seen the hcl used in the corner like that just looked cool and seemed to keep em low so at the very least its some extra damage added to the p dive airdash p dive note oki ender. 

I'm at work so I can't test, but saw hasegawa do stuff into 6p, sj iad (on sol), jk, js, ffvcl, hcl, 5s, j.s,j.hs, p dive, airdash j.h, ffvcl, 6h, hcl ~ d,  looked kinda hot if anyone wants to test the damage on that as a legit option. never seen the hcl used in the corner like that just looked cool and seemed to keep em low so at the very least its some extra damage added to the p dive airdash p dive note oki ender. 

Was this a corner or near corner combo?

corner

VCL does 40 Dmg while HCL does 35, do there is no damage boost, just style points. FF VCL>VCL>5S would do more damage.

Watching some of my matches and saw a hole I need to fill "pause". Does anyone have a go to combo for when 6h catches a jump out in the corner and they're above you so you can't go into hcl? 

Watching some of my matches and saw a hole I need to fill "pause". Does anyone have a go to combo for when 6h catches a jump out in the corner and they're above you so you can't go into hcl?

VCL loop x1000. All Dmg Dawg.

6H > VCL > (c.S > VCL)x2 > c.S > j.S > j.H > P Dive > Airdash > j.H > P Dive.

~250 dmg

~250 dmg

You know what would be cool? If each progressive CL in a combo played a different riff, rewarding you with stylistic music for styling and not dropping your combo. Just a thought :U back to your regularly scheduled combo discussions.

~250 dmg

I posted about this stuff back on the 2nd page of this thread.  The lower bound for damage (against pot, will most likely need to remove one rep of c.S > VCL) is 210, which is 50% health.  The upper bound (Chipp) is 291.

Meterless.

As a punish for jumping away from our throw that only would have done 60 damage (55 because scaling), or up to 160 if we had RC'd it into a combo.

If only we got combos even 1/2 this good off of CH 6H at mid screen.  : (

I posted about this stuff back on the 2nd page of this thread.  The lower bound for damage (against pot, will most likely need to remove one rep of c.S > VCL) is 210, which is 50% health.  The upper bound (Chipp) is 291.

Meterless.

As a punish for jumping away from our throw that only would have done 60 damage (55 because scaling), or up to 160 if we had RC'd it into a combo.

If only we got combos even 1/2 this good off of CH 6H at mid screen.  : (

Bobbo, please. I-No is already getting buffs, too much power and she might get wheelchaired.

it'll be the ones with wide hitboxes (elph, may, bedman, ky come to mind) but it's going to be extremely reliant on landing a really deep 6P. or getting way above/over them with the super jump. It's less character specific and more situation specific. I'll try p dive air dash extenders on any character if i get over them but off of 6P I would probably never do it outside the corner for fear of losing knockdown.

Hmm,i didnt miss this combo vs sol when 6p used as anti air (or sol not beeing on the ground). Maybe its just very simple vs him, but other characters require a special situation as you said.

thx

My experience is the same as faulty's (needing the deep 6p midscreen for p-dive to hit). I've found it's good for riot stamp punishes and you can hit confirm the distance to just use k or s dive if your too far away

Does anyone have a list versus which character the following work midscreen? (Works at least on sol):

(anti-air) 6P > 5S > hj S~HS > p-dive > air dash S~HS > Sdive or hcl

Thanks for asking this, I just tested all of I-No's combo character specifics recently but forgot to test this one.  I've tested it on every character now.  Findings below.

Entire combo is 6P cS sj.SH P-dive airdash j.SH [ender]

I tested all of these with my back to the corner to keep the enders midscreen.  Enders I tested were HCL~D, K-dive, and S-dive.

Midscreen 6P anti-air combo into P-dive does not work at all VS: Faust, Millia, Ky, Chipp, Elphelt, Potemkin, I-No, Ramlethal, Venom, Zato, Bedman

No matter how deep you hit the anti-air on them you cannot combo to P-dive.  So this combo is only even possible on 6/17 characters.

Difficulty of comboing from 6P to P-dive (basically how strict the height on the anti-air is):

Very Easy: Sol, Leo, Slayer

Easy: May

Hard: Sin

Very Hard: Axl (basically has to be touching the ground)

HCL ender works VS: Sin, Sol, May, Slayer, Axl, Leo (this is everyone that any version of this combo works against)

S-dive ender works VS: Sin, Sol*, May~, Slayer~, Axl, Leo

* must slightly charge or delay the S-dive VS Sol

~ must leave out the last j.S vs these characters (combo end becomes airdash j.H S-dive)

K-dive ender works VS: Sin, May*, Sol*, Slayer*, Axl*, Leo

* must leave out the last j.S vs these characters (combo end becomes airdash j.H K-dive)

Out of the characters this combo is possible on Leo is by far the most forgiving and Axl is by far the strictest.

I have similar notes to these on basically all of I-No's bnb's, let me know if you'd like any specifics.  I-No has a ton of character-specific stuff.  Literally the only non-character-specific midscreen combos I'm aware of are 5P 5K 2S HCL vs standing and 2K 2S 2H STBT-S vs crouching (as well as variants of these two combos that start with jump-ins or whatever).

I discovered a while ago that you can combo after a throw in the corner without any cancel if the opponent's RISC gauge is flashing, but I did a bit more thorough testing and the opponent needs to be at least at 64 RISC so you get a throw counter, you can do:

throw(counter) > 2P > 5K > straight jump cancel > j.S > j.H > S dive > c.S > VCL > 5P > c.S > j.P > j.S > HCL+followup

works on Slayer, Sol and Potemkin, so I assume it works on everyone. It does insane amounts of damage, about half bar on Potemkin, and I'm sure there's better combos.