Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wirya

Xrd Faust Combo Thread

messing around with dust combos
all tested on sol
i'll probably look at other items tomorrow 

5d HJ j.h > j.h > j.k > j.p > j.k JC j.k > j.s > j.h 126

5d HD cl.s > 5h , dash cl.s > 2s > 2h > pogo -> p -> h 139

5d HD 6h > item throw (oil, food etc) , dash cl.s > 2s > 2h > pogo -> p -> h 157
best combo with no item interaction

5d HD 6h > item throw (black hole) , dash cl.s > 2s > 2h > pogo -> s -> p -> h 163
black hole allows for the more complex pogo combo

5d HD 6h item throw (time bomb) , dash cl.s > 2s > 2h > pogo , pogo , pogo-h 182
simple bomb combo

5d HD 6h > item throw (time bomb) , dash cl.s > 2s > 5h > 2d > p door , dash 6h > pogo -> h 198
longer chain gives time for bomb to hit, bomb allows for door wallstick combo, the door comboing properly is probably wieght dependent

5d HD 6h > item throw (time bomb) , dash cl.s > 2s > 5h > 2d > p door , 236236s
172/10, 192, 200, 208
not even slightly worth the risk, having to leave out the last 6h ruins the damage

5d HD 6h > item throw (time bomb) , dash cl.s > 2s > 5h > 2d > p door , dash 6h > pogo RC IK
works from 35% on sol

Challenge mode combos are super legit. Use them.

They teach you a drill cancel overhead combo AND a goddamn Jump Install. This game is un-freaking-believable.

Some basic stuff below

examples:

Overhead 6hs 236s RC 5k JI 2s sj.kspk jc jksh

Low 2k 5hs 236s RC 5k 2s jk jc jksh

Anything to pogo RC 5k 2s jk jc jksh

If you dont wanna burn meter to RC pogo, just do going my way or throw item depending on situation.

example 2p 2s 2hs pogo going my way.

fdc j.k j.2k 5p 2d throw item

^  You should pay attention to fdc jk j.2k combo if you happen to have item behind the enemy and it comboes to fdc j.k j.2k. usually you have better move than 5p to do more damage, example close slash 2hs pogo, instead of 5p 2d.

Far slash RC on CH you can dash near to opponent to do full combo example 5s 2hs pogo going my way.

Some silly stuff just to get the kill.

You can RC 2D so you can make the bnb aircombo (example fdc jk j.2k 5p 2d RC 5k 2s jk jc jksh)

If 2D was starter and CH, you can combo that into pogo which you can then RC and do the follow up bnb.

Mettakiri (214hs) late RC 5k 2s bnb aircombo.

There seems to be no respect mixup anymore, you cannot instantly cancel your respect to 2k. (That respect move which makes Faust stand and looks a bit like 6hs startup) :(

okay finished with the 5d stuff

useful

5d HJ j.h > j.h > j.k > j.p > j.k JC j.k > j.s > j.h 126

basic midscreen dust combo

5d HD cl.s > 5h , dash cl.s > 2s > 2h > pogo -> p -> h 139

easy corner dust combo weaker than the following combos but if your not used to recognising item throws quickly it's safer

if your too far away from the corner to get the full crumple with 6h for the following combos you can do cl.s > 2s > 2h > item throw instead and this works at ranges where none of the chains ending in 5h will give you crumples

damage is notably reduced though the basic no interaction combo does 137

all item throw combos are long enough (with the exception of the meteor oki) to allow you to throw an item afterwards for oki and most still end in corner knockdown (for sol all except for the meteor damage combo do, expect weight and juggle height to effect it just like any other pogo-h knockdown)

5d HD 6h > item throw (oil, food etc) , dash cl.s > 2s > 2h > pogo -> p -> h 157

best combo with no item interaction this covers oil, helium, mini-faust, poison, chocolate, doughnut and springboard

5d HD 6h > item throw (black hole) , dash cl.s > 2s > 2h > pogo -> s -> p -> h 163

black hole allows for the more complex pogo combo

5d HD 6h > item throw (time bomb) , dash cl.s > 2s > 5h > 2d > p door , dash 6h > pogo -> h 198

longer chain gives time for bomb to hit, bomb allows for door wallstick combo, the door comboing properly is probably weight dependent

5d HD 6h > item throw (hammer) , 5k , dash cl.s > 2s > 2h > pogo -> h 170

you have time to link 5k before they leave the wallstick state

5d HD 6h > item throw (weight) , 5k > pogo -> k -> p -> h 159

same idea as hammer except you have to cancel into pogo immediately to avoid the shock wave

5d HD 6h > item throw (meteors) , dash cl.s > 2h > pogo -> cancel 127

meteor oki, meteors are kinda random sometimes you'll get 5 hits sometimes you'll only get a couple, hell i've seen the meteors totally whiff on either side of them a few times

you can add 2s to the main chain for 136 damage like normal and still get oki but it limits you to getting one or 2 hits out of the meteors

5d HD 6h > item throw (meteors) , 2h > pogo -> k -> cancel 131

more reliable meteor oki but harder to confirm the ender still leaves them a little a bit out of the corner so you can go for side switch jump shenanigans

5d HD 6h > item throw (meteors) , 2h > pogo -> p -> h , meteor hits , j.s > j.h 165

the random nature of meteors makes trying to get combo extensions out of them incredibly random delaying the pogo-p till the opponent is as low as possible helps. More is possible

replacing j.s > j.h with j.d > going my way adds a couple of points damage, getting pogo -> 44 -> h is possible but requires ridiculous meteor luck to have them get hit low enough.

If the combo does drop because of bad meteor luck you aren't in any danger of getting punished but it's hard justify over meteor oki

dumb stuff

5d HD j.k > j.p > j.k JC j.k > j.s > j.h 85

midscreen homing dash combo

5d HD 6h item throw (time bomb) , dash cl.s > 2s > 2h > pogo , pogo , pogo-h 182

simple bomb combo

5d HD 6h > item throw (time bomb) , dash cl.s > 2s > 5h > 2d > p door , 236236s

172/10, 192, 200, 208

bomb combo into super not even slightly worth the risk, having to leave out the last 6h ruins the damage

5d HD 6h > item throw (time bomb) , dash cl.s > 2s > 5h > 2d > p door , dash 6h > pogo RC IK

bomb combo into ik works from 35% on sol

not sure if the 5d item toss combos are worth the risk of getting the ones that will drop the combo (hammer, anvil..any others?)

all items lead to higher damage and oki (except for meteors which forces you to choose but one of the choices is meteor oki so it's not really a hard choice and the damage loss is minimal only 3 damage if you go for the highest damage meteor oki combo which is perfectly fine against characters with weak reversal options) it's just a matter of whether your capable of confirming item throws quickly enough, that said the vast majority of followups are dash cl.s > 2s which gives you a fair bit of time to confirm the only things you have to confirm earlier are the hammer and weight into 5k and the hitfreeze on the items on the way up helps a little with that but it is still difficult at the end of the day it just depends how confident you are in your ability to confirm

5d HJ j.h j.h j.k j.p j.k JC j.k j.s j.h 126

Basic dust combo since forever, but... damn, only 126 damage?? AFAIK it did more or less 160 in #R. :/

better corner dust is

5d HD j.s > j.h , 6h > pogo -> p ->h 155

still preferable to do item stuff if you can do it but way better damage if your feeling lazy compared to using 5h to bring them to the ground

most of the dust stuff can be done of normal starters by rcing 5h (first hit works best) 2h or 6h into dust in the corner, they're his best damage rc combos to my knowledge

in an rc combo with bomb you have to change the chain to cl.s > 5p > cl.s > 2h > p door since the chain ending in 2d will whiff not sure if you'd have to make any other adjustments to other combos

haven't really commented on his bnbs it's all pretty basic especially now that his 2d gatlings into 2s and 5k are gone, pretty much just combo his heavies into pogo or reset into item throw or rerere if you can't

for rerere combos you do 5k > 2h > pogo on a standing opponent and cl.s > 2h > pogo on a crouching opponent

5s rcs into these at max range

as for metakiri it's tight but you can rc the second last hit into 6h > pogo does more damage than the the air combo stuff and gives knockdown

as for normal throw the jump install combo is the best for damage or just do pogo if you want to keep knockdown

throw RC dash 5k > JI > cl.s SJ j.k > j.s > j.p > j.k JC j.k > j.s > j.h 122

throw RC pogo -> h 94

@zissou i saw your video most of the stuff in it is good only thing that I haven't noted above is that in most of the situations you use j.k JC j.k > j.s > j.h you could do the full air combo instead j.k > j.p > j.k JC j.k > j.s > j.h

put up a video of the bomb combo if you want a better idea of what it looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vY4Ya2c_MGc

@zissou i saw your video most of the stuff in it is good only thing that I haven't noted above is that in most of the situations you use j.k JC j.k > j.s > j.h you could do the full air combo instead j.k > j.p > j.k JC j.k > j.s > j.h

Ahh cool- thanks for info! I'm pretty new to Guilty Gear so I still have a lot to learn.

Corner RC combos, tested on Sol. This extension deals around the same or more damage and builds almost double the Tension than the basic RC combos. Note that the damage on these combos compared to meterless might not be worth it unless you plan on killing your opponent.

Low: 2P > 2S > 2HS > 236S > P  > Going My Way (all 4 hits) > RC > 44 > 236S > 44 > Going My Way.

122 damage.

Low: 2K (2 hits) > 5HS  > 236S > P  > Going My Way (all 4 hits) > RC > 44 > 236S > 44 > Going My Way.

125 damage.

High: 6HS > 236S > P  > Going My Way (all 4 hits) > RC > 44 > 236S > 44 > Going My Way.

218 damage.

Instant Overhead (Standing): j. K > jC > j. 2K > 5K > 2HS > 236S > Going My Way (all 4 hits) > RC > 44 > 236S > 44 > Going My Way.

190 damage. The first 236S will whiff on characters with smaller hurtboxes and is a bit finicky overall, might not be practical.

Instant Overhead: j. K > RC > 66 > j. D > Going My Way > 5K > j. K > j. S > j. HS.

119 damage. If your opponent is close enough to the ground after the wallstick you can do 2HS > 236S > Going My Way for more damage and meter.

Instant Overhead (Crouching): j. K > jC > j. 2K > 5P > 2D > 236S > P  > Going My Way (all 4 hits) > RC > 44 > 236S > 44 > Going My Way.

183 damage, tested on Ramlethal. 2D > 236S will only juggle on FEMALE characters because of their lighter weight which is worth taking note of outside of this combo.

5D > hold up> j.H >j.H > j.K>j.P>j.K>jc>j.K>j.S.>j.H/Going my way

After dust, you can actually go j.H > j.H > j.K > j.K > jc > j.K > j.S > j.H

It gives you a few points more damage than doing j.P, and I feel like it's easier to execute since you can just mash K.

After dust, you can actually go j.H > j.H > j.K > j.K > jc > j.K > j.S > j.H

It gives you a few points more damage than doing j.P, and I feel like it's easier to execute since you can just mash K.

I'll give it a try

Had to make a quick note that I don't think it works on Chipp

He always rolls out after before the 2nd j.H

you can do

5d HJ j.h > j.h > j.s > j.p > j.k JC j.k > j.s > j.h 132

best i've found so far don't know how the fuck it took me this long to figure that out

ftr going my way doesn't recover until you land doing it at homing jump height is borderline suicide

if you're wanting to avoid doing jump install stuff 5k > cl.s JC j.k > j.p > j.k JC j.k > j.s > j.h is optimal

if you can't hit the 6h link out of metakiri going for an easier ground chain into pogo is still better damage and gives you knockdown

Has anyone found an ender after doing Starter>Pogo>Going My Way>RC on the characters that Black-Beat out of the air combos yet, like Venom for instance, that isn't RC (4th Hit)>44>Pogo>44>Going My Way? It's a good ender, but it seems a little inconsistent at times and brings them back to the midscreen when I want to keep them cornered.

I've tried everything and just can't seem to get anything to work... Everything just Black-Beats or they just fall out of the combo before a solid damage dealing ending. :confused:

Has anyone found an ender after doing Starter>Pogo>Going My Way>RC on the characters that Black-Beat out of the air combos yet, like Venom for instance, that isn't RC (4th Hit)>44>Pogo>44>Going My Way? It's a good ender, but it seems a little inconsistent at times and brings them back to the midscreen when I want to keep them cornered.

I've tried everything and just can't seem to get anything to work... Everything just Black-Beats or they just fall out of the combo before a solid damage dealing ending. :confused:

Isn't it better to end it in Going My Way rather than extending the combo to an air combo?

By doing so, you get a knockdown and the opponent almost always ends up at the (near) corner. Extending GMW to RC then air combo always ends up the opponent teching mid-air anyway since the finisher is always j.H, unless there is some magic that the opponent ends with a knockdown after an air combo. Not RCing GMW still gets you that 50% tension as well which is important for defensive purposes. Easier is better IMHO, no need to be flashy.

I only RC after Going My Way if I'm sure that the opponent will die if I do an RC followup after GMW. 

Isn't it better to end it in Going My Way rather than extending the combo to an air combo?

By doing so, you get a knockdown and the opponent almost always ends up at the (near) corner. Extending GMW to RC then air combo always ends up the opponent teching mid-air anyway since the finisher is always j.H, unless there is some magic that the opponent ends with a knockdown after an air combo. Not RCing GMW still gets you that 50% tension as well which is important for defensive purposes. Easier is better IMHO, no need to be flashy.

I only RC after Going My Way if I'm sure that the opponent will die if I do an RC followup after GMW. 

It's just nice in certain match ups to get the damage while you actually can, solid players will deal with his basic 2K/Overhead oki with ease IMO, you need to mix it up. Also ending on J.HS in the air is not a bad thing, because you can can get an item hold toss and make a read on them in the air for tech traps or forced pressure onto the springboard etc. It leaves them more vulnerable to getting opened up than normal GMW knockdown oki, which gets blown up by reversals and sometimes wake-up OS's.

The main reason I want this extension, is because against certain characters, you are always at ranges where you can only get stray well timed hits into Pogo. This leads to the RC combo's not being prorated much and it allows you to get much needed reward from that situation. But due to the Black-Beat problem, you can't do anything damaging outside of the corner from these situations.

if you have the opportunity for a knockdown instead of an air reset you should almost always go for the knockdown. especially when you're spending 50 meter to do barely any more damage. if youre looking for other options after going my way (the main setup being-- microdash throw held item into meaty 2k/fdc jk divekick/6hs/etc. which you shoudl be going for the majority of the time) look into the otg 2hs resets.

havent seen anyone else online doing this gimmick yet but it works a hell of a lot.

combo ending in going my way in or very near the corner, otg 2hs, pogo (whiffs, they tech), options: meaty P overhead while on pogo, RC full combo; low flower hold RC air combo;

OR upforward shorthop yrc overhead jump k, land 5p, combo or upforward shorthop yrc into a 2k. pretty much a straight 50/50 since the yrc will eat their inputs.

you can also otg 2hs into an item throw and do stuff after that for a different tech timing than usual to throw them off while not going into the gimmicky stuff i just mentioned

if you have the opportunity for a knockdown instead of an air reset you should almost always go for the knockdown. especially when you're spending 50 meter to do barely any more damage. if youre looking for other options after going my way (the main setup being-- microdash throw held item into meaty 2k/fdc jk divekick/6hs/etc. which you shoudl be going for the majority of the time) look into the otg 2hs resets.

havent seen anyone else online doing this gimmick yet but it works a hell of a lot.

combo ending in going my way in or very near the corner, otg 2hs, pogo (whiffs, they tech), options: meaty P overhead while on pogo, RC full combo; low flower hold RC air combo;

OR upforward shorthop yrc overhead jump k, land 5p, combo or upforward shorthop yrc into a 2k. pretty much a straight 50/50 since the yrc will eat their inputs.

you can also otg 2hs into an item throw and do stuff after that for a different tech timing than usual to throw them off while not going into the gimmicky stuff i just mentioned

I feel like what I said has been taken out of context slightly, which is understandable without me babbling on about specifics etc. But I don't mean to use this option as a go to whenever I have 50% tension, I'm talking about specific situations in match ups that require you to get damage whilst you actually can in certain situations against solid players that fully understand the Faust match up and how to deal with his oki. This Black-Beat problem also carries over to his anti air and other confirms at times too, which is why I bring it up. I feel like a lot of stuff that's considered as BnB's, has not been tested on the cast here and should probably be looked into more, if there's any options past what I've tried.

I also already use the 2HS OTG midscreen, but I feel it's sort of bad when cancelled into item throw in the corner, as it leaves you at a disadvantage to an extent. This is because of the additional time it takes to cancel into item throw and you being right next to them, gives them more wiggle room. When I have them cornered I prefer to use either c.5S Item Throw for an OTG, it has less damage, but opens up more mixups with the JC ability. Also I sometimes use 2K (1 Hit)>5HS (3 Hits) Item throw, because it does more damage than 2HS and allows items like little Faust etc to land directly on top of them when you poke at them to stay in place, instead of just going off the screen and wandering off lol.

Oh and the pogo stuff from the OTG in the corner is actually pretty good at times, but I don't use it much, because like you said before it's kind of gimmicky and you don't get much mileage from it. Also the Pogo S option whiffs in the corner behind them, only 66, P, and in some situations K work outside of YRC J.K stuff. It's pretty risky in a game where one mistake can lead to unblockables and set plays. :D