Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wirya

Xrd Faust Combo Thread

I would appreciate any correction or criticism to my last post .. and if it was discussed somewhere else please tell me where..

As far as I know, the main reason people follow up with the j.2K is because it has a lot less recovery on block and you can continue your pressure strings etc. You can also still get a full combo if you do FDC > j.K > j.2K > micro-dash 5P > 2S > 2HS >...

The micro-dash also still allows you to go for Mettakiri and continue pressure on block etc. But if you're getting whiffed j.2k, you're most likely just out of the window for getting it to hit on its lowest height, which is still very low. Make sure you're also practising on a crouching training dummy. Hope that helps clear things up.

What's Faust best drill cancel combo? when someone stands

and hows the Faust basic going my way RC combo goes? 

Drill cancel combo's are dependent on situation, character hurtboxes, and items on the screen. When the opponent is standing, like you mentioned, quite a few things can factor into what you can actually get from the j.2K part. So I would say the best thing to do is look into it yourself and test things against certain characters, but it's essentially only really used for crouching opponents that have been conditioned with 2K on Oki.

As for Going My Way RC's If you've got them in the corner, you want to be looking to do:

Starter > 236S > Pogo GMW (4 Hits) > RC > 44 > 236S > 44 > Pogo GMW (If you want to go optimal, practice some of the character specific combo's of listed above.)

Mid screen, if you really need the damage or want to finish someone off etc. You should do:

Starter > 236S > Pogo GMW (4 Hits) > Dash > 5K > JC > j.K, P, K > JC > j.P, K, P, HS (Be aware though, this combo whiffs on some characters.)

As far as I know, the main reason people follow up with the j.2K is because it has a lot less recovery on block and you can continue your pressure strings etc. You can also still get a full combo if you do FDC > j.K > j.2K > micro-dash 5P > 2S > 2HS >...

The micro-dash also still allows you to go for Mettakiri and continue pressure on block etc. But if you're getting whiffed j.2k, you're most likely just out of the window for getting it to hit on its lowest height, which is still very low. Make sure you're also practising on a crouching training dummy. Hope that helps clear things up.

Drill cancel combo's are dependent on situation, character hurtboxes, and items on the screen. When the opponent is standing, like you mentioned, quite a few things can factor into what you can actually get from the j.2K part. So I would say the best thing to do is look into it yourself and test things against certain characters, but it's essentially only really used for crouching opponents that have been conditioned with 2K on Oki.

As for Going My Way RC's If you've got them in the corner, you want to be looking to do:

Starter > 236S > Pogo GMW (4 Hits) > RC > 44 > 236S > 44 > Pogo GMW (If you want to go optimal, practice some of the character specific combo's of listed above.)

Mid screen, if you really need the damage or want to finish someone off etc. You should do:

Starter > 236S > Pogo GMW (4 Hits) > Dash > 5K > JC > j.K, P, K > JC > j.P, K, P, HS (Be aware though, this combo whiffs on some characters.)

Thanks a bunch! I would still appreciate if you have any kind of universal combo with Drill Cancel while someone stands... even if damage isn't high ;]

Thanks a bunch! I would still appreciate if you have any kind of universal combo with Drill Cancel while someone stands... even if damage isn't high ;]

Like I mentioned, it's all dependent on varying things, so it's hard to optimize something on the spot when you've acknowledged that you've hit them standing. Sometimes you can only get 5P > 5S > Item or RC follow up, other times you can get a full combo. But I would say the best place to start exploring standing combo's is by going into 5K > 2HS > 236S... stuff. Hope that helps, but it's really not meant for standing opponents tbh lol.

It's also a 1 frame Link as far as I know (5K, not 5P), really awkward to do outside of training mode tbh. I go for it from time to time, but the guaranteed damage is good when I need to land the follow up for sure lol.

It's also a 1 frame Link as far as I know (5K, not 5P), really awkward to do outside of training mode tbh. I go for it from time to time, but the guaranteed damage is good when I need to land the follow up for sure lol.

Are you sure it's 1 frame link ?? after watching the video a did it maybe in my fourth attempt.. though may execution in combo in general is worse than anybody else..

BTW   beside the damage this combo has better oki than 41236K~4 ~236PX3..

Are you sure it's 1 frame link ?? after watching the video a did it maybe in my fourth attempt.. though may execution in combo in general is worse than anybody else..

Well most people can hit links if they keep trying in training mode, that's not the hard part, the hard part is consistency and acknowledging if they were standing when you hit them with Rerere (5K whiffs on crouchers). Then there's a difference of doing things in training mode and then executing them in an actual match, a few things can contribute to you missing the link in an actual match and it could cost you the game maybe.

Pullback is +7f and 5K has 7f startup so its a 1f link. 5P after pullback is a 2f link 

so are there any practical IK combos anyone knows?  I've seen the ones in the corner, but those are all pretty situational, requiring you start with 5D which most good players will block.  The only way I can figure out to IK is to RC a pogo in the corner, so that means they have to be put into hellfire before or on the pogo hit. Just wondering if anyone else has found anything better than that, it seems like guts in this game is pretty serious so knowing how to combo into IK may prove useful sometimes.

What's the best RC combos that I should practice?
also, what confirms should I practice using in battle? fS is nice but can't really connect to a combo.

also, what confirms should I practice using in battle? fS is nice but can't really connect to a combo.

f.S or 2HS RC Scalpel is a big deal. If you whiff, you get YRC. In some matchups, players are trying to instant air dash over your long-range pokes. The YRC ends up being a sort of option-select in neutral, where you can anti-air with 2K if they predict the 2HS

Using RC after blocked drill sets up offensive pressure OR a confirm if you catch them with drill.

6HS xx Pogo RC 214P (Forward Door) combos are really good in the corner. While 6HS is slow (Reactable overhead), it's one of the easier tools to start using, and even if this isn't a confirm, Pogo RC keeps them in blockstun.

The rest is best used on YRC

Why i didn't see anybody mentioned: 41236K~4 ~236P..5K.2H.236S~H ??

watch after 15:03.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjvHUYZn-wQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=903

I mentioned it here : http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9846-xrd-faust-combo-thread/#entry870782

you do 5k on standing and 5s on crouching both are one frame links I believe i'll put it in notation since i didn't bother before damage values are for raw 41236k on sol, faust or elphelt all x1.00 defense unless stated otherwise

useful combos and who they are optimal for are bolded 

Starters :

1. raw 41236k

2. f.s(or any other level 2 hit) RC 41236k

3. counterhit 2h/6h 41236k

combos :

simple/easy :

starter -> 4 -> 236p -> 236p -> 236p 110

starter -> 4 , 5p > c.s > 2d > 236p 73

starter -> 4 , 5p > c.s > 2d > 236s -> h 120 (elph, ram, millia, may)

starter -> 4 , 5p > c.s > 2d JC j.k > j.s > j.h 120 (faust, millia, pot)

starter -> 4 , 5p > c.s > 2h > 236s -> h (pot 110)

starter -> 4 , 5k > c.s > 2h > 236s -> h (pot 125)

starter -> 4 , 5k > c.s > 2d JC j.k > j.s > j.h (pot 124)

Standing :

starter -> 4 , 5k > 2h > 236s -> h 127 (doesn't work on faust)

starter -> 4 , 5k > c.s > 2d > 236p 89 (doesn't work on faust)

starter -> 4 , 5k > c.s > 2d > 236s -> h 136 (elph, ram, millia, may, i-no)

starter -> 4 , 5k (> c.s) > 2d JC j.k > j.s (> j.p) > j.h (may 130, chipp 161, with j.p on millia 152, with 2s on pot 124)

crouching :

starter -> 4 , c.s > 2h > 236s -> h 127

starter -> 4 , c.s > 2s > 2d > 236p 88

starter -> 4 , c.s > 2s > 2d > 236s -> h 135 (elph, ram, millia, may, i-no)

starter -> 4 , c.s > 2s > 2h > 236s -> h 138 (faust, sin, pot, ky, slayer, venom, zato, bedman)

starter -> 4 , 5p > c.s > 2h > 236s -> h 123 (faust, sin, sol, ky, chipp, pot, slayer, i-no, axl, venom, zato, bedman, near corner on leo)

starter -> 4 , c.s (> 2s) > 2d JC j.k > j.s > j.h 135 (chipp, with 2s on faust, millia, may, pot)

Well most people can hit links if they keep trying in training mode, that's not the hard part, the hard part is consistency and acknowledging if they were standing when you hit them with Rerere (5K whiffs on crouchers). Then there's a difference of doing things in training mode and then executing them in an actual match, a few things can contribute to you missing the link in an actual match and it could cost you the game maybe.

confirming standing or crouching is a complete non-issue considering how slow the pull-in is

so are there any practical IK combos anyone knows?  I've seen the ones in the corner, but those are all pretty situational, requiring you start with 5D which most good players will block.  The only way I can figure out to IK is to RC a pogo in the corner, so that means they have to be put into hellfire before or on the pogo hit. Just wondering if anyone else has found anything better than that, it seems like guts in this game is pretty serious so knowing how to combo into IK may prove useful sometimes.

pogo rc in the corner is the most likely one to happen but if you rc the last hit of of the standard pogo combo you can get IK for example

5s > 2h > pogo -> h RC IK mode, IK

honestly it never comes up though

the RC into scalpel Kracktoa mentioned is super useful and should be combed into 5k or 5s as shown above

apart from that you can RC a level 2 move into 6H pogo which is honestly hella difficult, if you RC a level 4 move you have time to dash first and the timing is way easier

if you want raw damage then you either RC a level 2 or higher move into 5D and do a shortened dust combo heavily dependent on proration usually something like 5D HJ j.h > j.h > j.k > j.s > j.h

or you RC part of going my way(usually the first hit) into a 5k jump combo again heavily dependent on proration which of these does more damage is based on starter and is fairly slight i can't recall the optimization for these of the top of my head

if you want to bleed the absolute max damage out of a combo to try and kill for 100 meter then do 

whatever > 5k JC j.k > j.s > j.h RC J j.s > j.h

as the 5k jump combo

or do a normal jump combo and RC the last j.h into another j.h

edit : updated 41236k combos should be comprehensive

Can someone give me a couple of jump install combos? Still trying to learn the mechanic. I've tried the one in the trail mode, but I just don't think I understand them as much as I want to. Basically it's buffering faultless defense from a non-jump cancelable air normal into a normal that is jump cancelable?

Can someone give me a couple of jump install combos? Still trying to learn the mechanic. I've tried the one in the trail mode, but I just don't think I understand them as much as I want to. Basically it's buffering faultless defense from a non-jump cancelable air normal into a normal that is jump cancelable?

Jump install doesn't have anything to do with FD.

Generally JI is going to be done by doing a jump cancellable move, inputting a jump and cancelling the move into another move before the jump comes out. What this does is it preserves your air options even if you use a move to put yourself into the air or if you super jump, you can get a double jump.

You might be talking about FD cancel, which is performed by doing a drill kick (J2K) and quickly cancelling it into FD. This stops your momentum, which leaves you floaty.

A combo involving FDCs would be, drill cancel kick>jump>J2K, microdash*>K/P**>2D

*The microdash can be omitted if you are close to the opponent

**K for standing, P for crouching

FDC jK j2K 2S 5H 236S 5H 
Is this combo possible? the [FDC jk] is for Instant overhead
my friends tells me it's possible but I can't manage to get it no matter how much I try

They have to be crouching, which is generally how you would hit people with instant overhead anyway.

FDC jK j2K 2S 5H 236S 5H 

Is this combo possible? the [FDC jk] is for Instant overhead

my friends tells me it's possible but I can't manage to get it no matter how much I try

They have to be crouching, which is generally how you would hit people with instant overhead anyway.

2S connects after J2K provided you are close enough to the opponent regardless of whether the opponent is in crouching or standing state.

The reason why I don't recommend this combo (2S after J2K), is that the fastest instant overhead drill cancel JK will not connect on most crouching characters if you are too close. Confirming crouch/stand state and using dash P/K to continue the combo is more stable.

What part of the combo are you having problems with?

If you can't get the J2K to come out after JK, you need to double jump after the initial JK. The combo is actually JK, DJ2K.

If 2S is pushing the opponent out too far for 5H to connect, try using 2H instead.

2S connects after J2K provided you are close enough to the opponent regardless of whether the opponent is in crouching or standing state.

The reason why I don't recommend this combo (2S after J2K), is that the fastest instant overhead drill cancel JK will not connect on most crouching characters if you are too close. Confirming crouch/stand state and using dash P/K to continue the combo is more stable.

What part of the combo are you having problems with?

If you can't get the J2K to come out after JK, you need to double jump after the initial JK. The combo is actually JK, DJ2K.

If 2S is pushing the opponent out too far for 5H to connect, try using 2H instead.

I can't manage to connect 2S to 5H when opponent is standing.

If they're standing the route you should go for is 5K > 2HS anyway I think, since it's way less specific to get 236S to connect in the combo and does more damage than 2S > 5HS and the same as 2S > 2HS. I had never seen someone do 2S > 2HS on a standing character and assumed it couldn't be done.

Nage's corner RC combo follow up after Going My Way is RC > 44 >2HS juggle > 236S > P > Going My Way now. It will knockdown if you do it right. You can also do RC > 2HS > 236S > charged S > 44 > Going My Way.

I can't manage to connect 2S to 5H when opponent is standing.

If they're standing the route you should go for is 5K > 2HS anyway I think, since it's way less specific to get 236S to connect in the combo and does more damage than 2S > 5HS and the same as 2S > 2HS. I had never seen someone do 2S > 2HS on a standing character and assumed it couldn't be done.

I assumed 2S>H worked, but I know for sure 2S>2H works. In anycase just confirm stand/crouch and use K if they're standing. It's the right thing to do.