Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wirya

Xrd Faust Combo Thread

Optimized metakiri RC combos

all damage tested on sol or elphelt both x1.00 defence characters

214h(2/6) RC 6h > 236s -> h 133

- max damage on standing, max damage on crouching with knockdown

214h(2) RC 5d HJ j.h > j.h(use j.d on chipp) > j.k JC j.k > j.s > j.h 147 crouching only

- max damage on crouching

214h(7) RC 66 c.s > f.s > 5h(1) > 2d (> 236p) or (JC j.236p oki) 115

- max damage with 2d oki

214h(5) RC 66 c.s > 2s > 2h > 236s -> h 125

- easy combo with knockdown

214h(3) RC 66 c.s > f.s > 5h(1) > 2d > 236s -> h 132 works on elphelt, millia, may, i-no and ram

The main purpose of the last three combos is that they can be done from YRC OS on the first hit like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g84G3QeISy8

Optimized metakiri RC combos

all damage tested on sol or elphelt both x1.00 defence characters

214h(2/6) RC 6h > 236s -> h 133

- max damage on standing, max damage on crouching with knockdown

214h(2) RC 5d HJ j.h > j.h(use j.d on chipp) > j.k JC j.k > j.s > j.h 147 crouching only

- max damage on crouching

214h(7) RC 66 c.s > f.s > 5h(1) > 2d (> 236p) or (JC j.236p oki) 115

- max damage with 2d oki

214h(5) RC 66 c.s > 2s > 2h > 236s -> h 125

214h(3) RC 66 c.s > f.s > 5h(1) > 2d > 236s -> h 132 works on elphelt, millia, may, i-no and ram

The main purpose of the last three combos is that they can be done from YRC OS on the first hit like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g84G3QeISy8

Are there any benefits to 2D Oki vs GMY? 

the way I see it, after GMY you should do a dash > throw delayed item which may keep then blocking but not guaranteed, although you could get a good item like bomb / metoer etc.

After 2D I usually would go into a JC j.236P because this guarantees to keep them blocking and puts you at a decent frame advantage when you land next to them, as well as being safe from many reversals. I guess the item throw has the same risk/reward as with GMY, would you agree the bomb bag Oki is the "safe" option?

the way I see it, after GMY you should do a dash > throw delayed item which may keep then blocking but not guaranteed, although you could get a good item like bomb / metoer etc.

After 2D I usually would go into a JC j.236P because this guarantees to keep them blocking and puts you at a decent frame advantage when you land next to them, as well as being safe from many reversals. I guess the item throw has the same risk/reward as with GMY, would you agree the bomb bag Oki is the "safe" option?

bomb bag is definitely the safe option but it also severely limits his mixup options, 2d item throw results in a far longer knockdown than pogo does with time to meaty 2k against the entire cast and meaty crossup dash j.d against a bunch of characters.

I haven't seen it detailed anywhere else on the forums so i'll say that bomb bag oki should usually be followed up by low airdash j.p > j.k > j.p > j.k you can land and 2p or tic throw at any point after the first j.k, you can also cancel the last j.k into j.236h for frame traps and frame advantage but it puts you pretty far away. If they block the bomb bag but get hit by any of the highs do j.p > j.k > j.p > j.k land c.s > 2h > 236s -> h, if they get hit by the bomb do j.p > j.k > j.p > j.h since there isn't much you can do when they're in the air.

venom can often jump out of standard pogo item throw oki because of his short wake-up timing. if you're worried about oki being safe it's vastly character specific but as far as I know bomb oki should be universally safe (as of 1.1 who knows but I'd expect it'll still be fine).

bomb bag is definitely the safe option but it also severely limits his mixup options, 2d item throw results in a far longer knockdown than pogo does with time to meaty 2k against the entire cast and meaty crossup dash j.d against a bunch of characters.

I haven't seen it detailed anywhere else on the forums so i'll say that bomb bag oki should usually be followed up by low airdash j.p > j.k > j.p > j.k you can land and 2p or tic throw at any point after the first j.k, you can also cancel the last j.k into j.236h for frame traps and frame advantage but it puts you pretty far away. If they block the bomb bag but get hit by any of the highs do j.p > j.k > j.p > j.k land c.s > 2h > 236s -> h, if they get hit by the bomb do j.p > j.k > j.p > j.h since there isn't much you can do when they're in the air.

venom can often jump out of standard pogo item throw oki because of his short wake-up timing. if you're worried about oki being safe it's vastly character specific but as far as I know bomb oki should be universally safe (as of 1.1 who knows but I'd expect it'll still be fine).

those are some interesting mixups, the more easy route I was thinking is just that the meaty bomb bag will put you at an advantage to set up pressure (2K > whatever) so its reversal safe etc

A few item specific combos I've seen Nage do.

You can combo into 5D in the corner after throwing a poison bottle for okizeme. Combo into knockdown, item throw oki (poison), 2K (2nd hit), 5H (2 hits), 5D, homing dash, j. S, j. H, 6H, pogo, P, going my way. The game said it does 124 on Sol but it probably does more than that if you add in the poison.

If you throw a black hole midscreen you can do 2K, jump back cancel, j. P, j. K, j. P, j. H, 5K, 2H, pogo, going my way on standing characters. This combo is obviously easier on taller characters and doesn't work on May, at least I couldn't find a way to do it. It does 114 damage on Sol.

And in the corner you can do blocked 2K (1 hit), item throw (bomb), mettakiri, 5P, 5S, 214P, wall crumple, 236S, P, Going my way. The bomb will hit easier with Faust being further away from the corner and the opponent being closer. Does 148 damage on Sol.

some 1.1 stuff courtesy of Mark of the Gear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgu3OXl4D1Q

looks like jKjc2K combos into 5H more easily (due to lower height I guess) 

And also Backwards pogo strike / ground flower give an interesting combo. Makes sense to the following changes:

Backward (from Spear Point Centripetal Dance) Float of the opponent on hit changed. Attack damage reduced from 40 to 24.

See? I’m a Flower! Untechable time increased.

At first I thought reducing the damage on "Backward" was kind of dumb and arbitrary since it isn't particular useful or powerful, but I guess they were aware of the combo loops. Interesting =)

I'm already seeing so many possibilities for extended combo's in those changes, I can finally have validation for the nerfs he got haha. All in all, I'm looking to get stuck in on the high damage swag on Pot etc lol.

I'm thinking something like Cornered c.5/2S > 2H > 236S > Pogo K (charged) > Pogo GMW (4 hits) > RC > 44 > 2H > 236S > 9 (hop) > 44 > Pogo S (charged) > 7 (hop) > 66 > Pogo S (charged) > Pogo K (charged) > Pogo GMW/Copter

Some of the Pogo K (charged) might have to be taken out against some of the cast, but if it gets the knockdown too, that would be so strong. Because you might be able to squeeze a 2H > 6P > 236P in for the OTG in the corner.

And also Backwards pogo strike / ground flower give an interesting combo. Makes sense to the following changes: Backward (from Spear Point Centripetal Dance) Float of the opponent on hit changed. Attack damage reduced from 40 to 24.

At first I thought reducing the damage on "Backward" was kind of dumb and arbitrary since it isn't particular useful or powerful, but I guess they were aware of the combo loops. Interesting =)

lmao i love this. I assume you could end with copter for even more damage if you don't mind the opponent air teching high.

GMY wallsplat animation fucks with reversal windows (No buffer for it, I think, or it has something to do with the inconsistent recovery based on how high the splat was). This means your meaty pressure afterwards is going to be a touch safer. I think the main one is the backdash window is reduced to 1 frame off wallsplat's return to neutral. O:

This info may not be correct. It was hearsay I got recently.

CAN you say me if IAD jk,js,jp,jHs is a good iad combo?

As long as it ends with j.H before Faust lands, I think it's good.

And also Backwards pogo strike / ground flower give an interesting combo. Makes sense to the following changes:

Backward (from Spear Point Centripetal Dance) Float of the opponent on hit changed. Attack damage reduced from 40 to 24.

Having a lot of trouble getting those vid combos to work on certain characters. Easy to do against Faust and worked on Zato (for whatever reason) but I could not get it once on Ky or Slayer. Anybody have ideas for ways to make it more universal?

the proper combo only seems to work against faust and zato, fully charged pogo s puts them in a float state where they're almost totally vertical and pogo 44 happens to have a dead zone at point blank at that height, zato and faust's versions of the vertical float state happen to be noticeably wider than the rest of the cast so they aren't effected by the dead zone. the combo can also work on potemkin but due to his heavy weight the normal combo will result in the second pogo 44 hitting otg, if you start with pogo at point blank you don't need do a pogo hop so you can hit the first 44 high enough that everything will combo.

2s > 2h > 236s -> 9 -> 44 -> -> 9 -> 44 -> -> p -> h 210 (faust and zato only)
2s > 2h > 236s -> p -> h 146 (basic corner combo for comparison)

2s > 2h > 236s -> 9 -> 44 -> -> p -> h 183 (universal combo for increased damage but losses corner)
2s > 2h > 236s -> 9 -> 44 -> -> 8 200 (universal, damage varies based on how many hits you get out of pogo 8 it's usually just a little over 200 damage against x1 defense characters)

on a side note drill cancel j.k land cl.s > 2h/2d > pogo seems to cover the whole cast so that's nice

I dont see any use for 5h thou since you can do 2s 2hs pogo or if the opponent is standing 5k 2hs (nage usually rcs after this and continues the combo with close slash + insert follow ups)

((Unless you meant 5hs use only for the nice pogo follow up))

the proper combo only seems to work against faust and zato, fully charged pogo s puts them in a float state where they're almost totally vertical and pogo 44 happens to have a dead zone at point blank at that height, zato and faust's versions of the vertical float state happen to be noticeably wider than the rest of the cast so they aren't effected by the dead zone. the combo can also work on potemkin but due to his heavy weight the normal combo will result in the second pogo 44 hitting otg, if you start with pogo at point blank you don't need do a pogo hop so you can hit the first 44 high enough that everything will combo.

2s > 2h > 236s -> 9 -> 44 -> -> 9 -> 44 -> -> p -> h 210 (faust and zato only)

2s > 2h > 236s -> p -> h 146 (basic corner combo for comparison)

2s > 2h > 236s -> 9 -> 44 -> -> p -> h 183 (universal combo for increased damage but losses corner)

2s > 2h > 236s -> 9 -> 44 -> -> 8 200 (universal, damage varies based on how many hits you get out of pogo 8 it's usually just a little over 200 damage against x1 defense characters)

on a side note drill cancel j.k land cl.s > 2h/2d > pogo seems to cover the whole cast so that's nice

Is there a specific timing to these? Because I can't seem to find one where the combo doesn't drop or 9, 44 doesn't smack them the other side of the screen.

Is there a specific timing to these? Because I can't seem to find one where the combo doesn't drop or 9, 44 doesn't smack them the other side of the screen.

if 44 isn't ground bouncing it's because it's hitting otg simply put you have to do it faster before they hit the ground, if you need to delay something to adjust the opponent's juggle height it should be

I'm having trouble replicating the double S flower combo on characters that arn't Faust without cranking up the guard bar. :psyduck:

The best meterless ender damage/meter wise now appears to be anything ending in Doctorcopter, like charged S flower > copter, this gives up your corner positioning as well as no knockdown though.

I'm having trouble replicating the double S flower combo on characters that arn't Faust without cranking up the guard bar. :psyduck:

The best meterless ender damage/meter wise now appears to be anything ending in Doctorcopter, like charged S flower > copter, this gives up your corner positioning as well as no knockdown though.

Read this post it explains how double S flower combo works http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/topic/9846-xrd-faust-combo-thread/page-3#entry912467

One way you can do drill cancelling on a pad is by using the default layout and swapping the Heavy Slash and Dust buttons. That you way you can piano 1K~H with your thumb and index finger much more easily without resorting to a claw grip.