Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wirya

Xrd Faust General Gameplay Thread

If you throw a bomb close range, try to put them in a jump cancellable blockstring and jump right before the bomb explodes. That should prevent the opponent from jumping after you. Then throw a bag to keep them in blockstun while you come down.

If you're farther than close range, cover the air with JH and let the bomb cover the ground. It should basically go back to neutral with you having a little bit of advantage from bomb blockstun. You can then poke with f.S or throw an item or w/e you want.

Hey guys, was wondering a few things about Faust. When you come down from a blocked j.2K what is your general game plan? Do you just wait and block? Do you hit any particular buttons? Backdash or IAD away? I'm curious cause I see a lot of Faust players doing things as they land as if they're plus but generally in my games it rarely goes that way for me.

I was also wondering if you're playing against someone who likes to hit buttons on their wakeup what's the best way to punish this? I'm still getting my timing down on when to start pressuring as they're waking up and more often then not they end up hitting me out of a 2K or j.2k, Just curious if you guys have any setups or general rules that you go by when dealing with people who hit buttons more often than they should. 

EDIT: I have one other thing thats been bugging me, when you hit a jump normal what is a good normal to follow it up and still maintain a combo when you land? I've been trying to use 5K but I'm curious if there's some other way to more consistently get followups off jump in attacks or iad hits.

Thanks!

I did some labbing, if you're hitting air to ground j.S or H can combo into 5K. Then go into what you like. 5K into c.S 2D works, you can omit the c.S too and go straight into 2D. You can also go into 5H pogo going my way but it doesn't work at longer ranges.

5K has quite a lot of range, you can go directly into other stuff but it may whiff.

On 2015-12-25 at 7:56 AM, PANDEMlC said:

Hey guys, was wondering a few things about Faust. When you come down from a blocked j.2K what is your general game plan? Do you just wait and block? Do you hit any particular buttons? Backdash or IAD away? I'm curious cause I see a lot of Faust players doing things as they land as if they're plus but generally in my games it rarely goes that way for me.

I was also wondering if you're playing against someone who likes to hit buttons on their wakeup what's the best way to punish this? I'm still getting my timing down on when to start pressuring as they're waking up and more often then not they end up hitting me out of a 2K or j.2k, Just curious if you guys have any setups or general rules that you go by when dealing with people who hit buttons more often than they should. 

EDIT: I have one other thing thats been bugging me, when you hit a jump normal what is a good normal to follow it up and still maintain a combo when you land? I've been trying to use 5K but I'm curious if there's some other way to more consistently get followups off jump in attacks or iad hits.

Thanks!

Generally, you can anticipate how low you're going to connect with the J2K based on how you used it. If you use it off a jump cancelled move, you're going to end up pretty low and same for if you do it right away off the ground. If you were actually doing it from pretty high up, maybe after baiting an anti-air with FDC, you won't land as early and you might opt to cancel into Going My Way, a bag or just block when you land.

If you're being hit on the opponent's wake up, (during your okizeme) you might be attempting okizeme from too far out. Knockdowns like 2D and Going My Way will always allow you to do meaties, but if you have a random KD from something like CH 5K or catching a backdash with the fishing rod, it's possible you'll only be able to reach in time with something like f.S.

5K has a problem with hitting crouchers, but I would say it mostly depends on what jump ins you started with. Usually I go for c.S though.

Does this subforum have a Faust matchup thread? Anyway, how is Faust suppose to approach the matchup vs Elphelt? It seems in general she just rapes Faust; just seems like all her buttons beats Faust's, especially that move where she swings the flower at you. And if she ever gets you cornered god help you... I'm so lost in this match. A cliffsnotes type highlight of key points when facing her would be helpful. Anyone well versed in this matchup?

1 hour ago, Solomon said:

Does this subforum have a Faust matchup thread? Anyway, how is Faust suppose to approach the matchup vs Elphelt? It seems in general she just rapes Faust; just seems like all her buttons beats Faust's, especially that move where she swings the flower at you. And if she ever gets you cornered god help you... I'm so lost in this match. A cliffsnotes type highlight of key points when facing her would be helpful. Anyone well versed in this matchup?

click there..

So is there any hard data on the percent chance of the angel turning into a reaper on Stimulating Fist? A friend and I were playing and he picked the angel 5 times in a row and it turned into a reaper every time. Freaking hilarious.

Decent anti-air (like pretty much every single one of Faust's normals), decent combo starter if you call them mashing... Oh, and I've learn on a recent event that it's a great option at the round start in a Faust mirror, since it counters most of our good debut moves like 2P and j.2K.

Surely f.S RC into the fishing pole isn't a confirm? Is it a buffer or something? It's not enough that the f.S has to hit but you have to RC early.

1.03 Changes translated thanx to @BerserkChip

•  
[Faust]

- Hurtbox on the ground (with the back on the ground)
Hurtbox increased downwards

- Going My Way (follow-up version)
Damage increased from 12 to 14

- Hop
Movement duration reduced from 18F to 16F

-  During Pogo, P
Untechable Time increased from 28F to 32F

-  During Pogo, K
Untechable Time increased to 54F from 60F

- During Pogo, S
Untechable Time increased to 28F from 32F
Untechable Time of the charged version increased from 40F to 46F, knocks up the opponent further

=====

[Axl Low]

- Haitaka no Kamae

No longer able to cancel stance after the 6th hit

Source

http://pastebin.com/hYWSgCjv

Guess we got new corner combo route now.