Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wirya

Xrd Faust General Gameplay Thread

What should I do against axl? How do I approach him? Also for ramlethal how to keep space? the swords mess me up if im trying to space and her wall combos are so hard to get out of.

Block, save tension, use Dead Angle, look for an opportunity to throw them or jump out or mash out with your godly normals (in that order). But really, Dead Angle is Faust's most useful way to spend meter, and luckily, you're very likely to have enough even if you YRC once or twice.

I was just playing with faust randomly and but I noticed, if you input 236236236P it throws out more items. Is this a known thing already?

It's a thing, but honestly unless you just feel like messing around, it's pretty useless :P The odds of getting an item that ruins the ensemble is incredibly high, you'll have no meter in reserve, and it doesn't really do much that the 3 item super can do. The 100 ton weight can knock you down before it finishes, the bomb can blow you up, the platform can shoot the guy out of harms way, too many hammers is redundant, and bomb will kill the minifausts. But it is hilarious, so it has that going for it

oh thanks, anyway, in what situations jD is smart to use?

It has a wider hitbox under him than his other aerials, and will stagger on counter hit, so use it to cross up (he can still do that in xrd right? not quite sure), and as a jump in on guys directly below you. Also can be combo fodder in a few situations, but it's not nearly as useful in xrd now that it no longer knocks down.

oh thanks, anyway, in what situations jD is smart to use?

It has a very persistent hitbox, and can be cancelled into Going My Way safely when the cancel is done at a certain point. Going My Way land cancels, so if it hits the ground half-way through, you're safe and in an advantageous situation in some cases. Doing a crossup into Going My Way is fairly safe. Depending on how much time you have after a knockdown, you can instant air dash > drill cancel > j.D for an ambiguous crossup, and then RC for a mixup/Damage.

What's the best thing to do while in the corner? I keep getting dragged there and can't seem to handle it

You want to block when you need to (You WILL need to, most players have decent, guaranteed pressure on Faust's wakeup). When there's an opening where you can win with 5P or 2P, you'll want to jab them, then superjump out of the corner. You can air-dash afterwards and/or cover your escape with Baghead > YRC. If there's no where to counterpoke, you need to Dead Angle, or look for a gap to SJ away. Blitz Shield on predictable offense is also really good. Follow up successful Blitz with f.HS to get max punish on immediate counter-Blitz Shield (Ground only), or just dash up and press buttons in their face. If you can gatling into far.S from 5P, you can RC on reaction to steal offensive pressure away from them.

It's a thing, but honestly unless you just feel like messing around, it's pretty useless :P The odds of getting an item that ruins the ensemble is incredibly high, you'll have no meter in reserve, and it doesn't really do much that the 3 item super can do. The 100 ton weight can knock you down before it finishes, the bomb can blow you up, the platform can shoot the guy out of harms way, too many hammers is redundant, and bomb will kill the minifausts. But it is hilarious, so it has that going for it

It's really good online, or if your opponent is not familiar with the matchup. If the person doesn't play against Faust often, they'll often fail to register hazardous items, like Bombs or Meteors. It's certainly a gimmick, only use it if you're willing to play the "Yo I bet you aint ready for sum dumb shit" meta. Meter is better spent on YRC/RC/Blitz, or on regular Na-na-nani, because you can often YRC to fuck up their maneuvering around hazards.

what is my best options after ??

1- black hole .

"what i found:

A-...p.cls.p.cls.repeat then clH. 236+S.H..

B-if you were so close jD will cross up

C- jK instant overhead...clS...ETC"

D- 5D combo " start with jP only"

2- Platform.. beside 214s..

3- 100 ton weight ?? is there an OTG move i can do after it ??

4- Oil beside doing j.236p after it ..

5- Helium Gas .

If you want to mix up during black hole, drill cancel overhead after a jump-cancel close S is good (You can cancel it on block, can't you? I haven't tried, now that I think about it).

Platform gives you a free juggle opportunity if you can hit them with cl.S, 5K, 2K, 5P or 6HS>RC immediately after launch. You can confirm into the last one for what I imagine is nice damage if you see that they've expended their air options up above and are going to fall into it. My friends and I were wondering what you could also get out of SJ-Install 214S door if you YRC/RC.

It has a very persistent hitbox, and can be cancelled into Going My Way safely when the cancel is done at a certain point. Going My Way land cancels, so if it hits the ground half-way through, you're safe and in an advantageous situation in some cases. Doing a crossup into Going My Way is fairly safe. Depending on how much time you have after a knockdown, you can instant air dash > drill cancel > j.D for an ambiguous crossup, and then RC for a mixup/Damage.

You want to block when you need to (You WILL need to, most players have decent, guaranteed pressure on Faust's wakeup). When there's an opening where you can win with 5P or 2P, you'll want to jab them, then superjump out of the corner. You can air-dash afterwards and/or cover your escape with Baghead > YRC. If there's no where to counterpoke, you need to Dead Angle, or look for a gap to SJ away. Blitz Shield on predictable offense is also really good. Follow up successful Blitz with f.HS to get max punish on immediate counter-Blitz Shield (Ground only), or just dash up and press buttons in their face. If you can gatling into far.S from 5P, you can RC on reaction to steal offensive pressure away from them.

It's really good online, or if your opponent is not familiar with the matchup. If the person doesn't play against Faust often, they'll often fail to register hazardous items, like Bombs or Meteors. It's certainly a gimmick, only use it if you're willing to play the "Yo I bet you aint ready for sum dumb shit" meta. Meter is better spent on YRC/RC/Blitz, or on regular Na-na-nani, because you can often YRC to fuck up their maneuvering around hazards.

If you want to mix up during black hole, drill cancel overhead after a jump-cancel close S is good (You can cancel it on block, can't you? I haven't tried, now that I think about it).

Platform gives you a free juggle opportunity if you can hit them with cl.S, 5K, 2K, 5P or 6HS>RC immediately after launch. You can confirm into the last one for what I imagine is nice damage if you see that they've expended their air options up above and are going to fall into it. My friends and I were wondering what you could also get out of SJ-Install 214S door if you YRC/RC.

Some great stuff here :)

another good use for j.D is after a successful sweep > item toss, dash on top of them (a single double tap of 66), jump and land on them as they wake up, putting out a j.D. this ambiguously crosses up and if done low enough combos into 5P > 2S > 2D. This is good out of the corner since the cross up helps you get back to center stage if you convert a 2K > 5H > 2D out of pressure (you will need to be aware of the opponent's strings).

Another option that works well from pressure after poking out with 2P is 2P > 2H > item. 2P > 2H doesn't combo but pushes them back quite a lot for your escape (or if it even hits, bonus), and the item+its quick recovery is great for covering yourself.

for item confirms, platform is kinda meh, its hard to confirm since it pops them up so fast, I usually just toss another item and try and catch them with a j.H on the way down. Black hole situation a lot of the time both players will be looking for a throw, drill whiff in front of them into throw is good for that situation I guess. 

All the j.D stuff mentioned is going into the wiki, hope you don't mind if I use some of your wording. I tend to forget to use going my way after it, so I'm glad you mentioned it, and I love that cross up oki. Does it beat VV? I don't remember if I've tried.

I've also almost finished writing move descriptions on the wiki. If you feel they could be changed or improved for the better by all means do it.

Just a reminder, Faust can convert nice damage from blitzing, so dont dead angle attack everytime you have tension ;)

Dead Angle is going to be a safer option in some cases, especially since I don't think Faust can do much against Blitzing projectile-based Oki.

What's the best Okizeme sequence there is? I've seen Gazou start  most of the Okizeme with 2K and then does diffrent mixup everytime.
Is 2K really the best starter for Okizeme?

If there is I'd love to know it, 2K is pretty damn good.  Seems like the alternative will be specific reactions/setups based on the item you have out.

2K can lead to just about every mixup faust has to offer so if you know they'll block it you should probably use it. It doesn't recover fast enough to deal with all wakeup reversals however, so against the characters that have them you'll have to mix it up.

What's the best Okizeme sequence there is? I've seen Gazou start  most of the Okizeme with 2K and then does diffrent mixup everytime.

2K is the most consistent way to hit meaty which forces them to block, and it sets up many different things (especially jc FDC jK etc) 

2S and c.S are also good options due to their long number of active frames (as well as c.S being +2), and can frame trap into 2H > pogo

of course if you knock them down too far for a meaty hit then usually a jump in is better idea, either with jD or FDC jK

2K is jump-cancellable, and the animation is so long that they will respect the following hits.

This means you can open up blocking players with 2K(1) xx Jump Cancel > Whiff j.2K > Mettagiri.

I think you can also 2K(1) JC DrillCancel j.K JC j.2K closer up...

You can also just let the 2K rock and take the advantageous situation.

Once they respect the 2K, you can open them up with meaty drill cancel j.K

Done late (Last hit connects meaty), you can OS against backdash, I think.

ALSO: Meaty 3rd hit of 2K is like +6

3 random stuff about  "delayed 236p"1000 TW
1-236S  hit  do Going my way for combo..blocked  they will fell then toss another item..
2- TK Going my way.. an unblockable set up..
3- Another unblock-able set up  is to do 236xS super ... surprisingly the damage scale is less worse than i expected..black Reaper did 107 purple greamreaper did 172 damage in blocking KY..!!!
4- the third is simple jK or jS..land 5K..combo..

Yeah i know that first 2 aren't i that great..but better than nothing

By the way (1) can be unblockble too but need timing..easier if you did 5S after tossing ASAP then cancel it to 236S..

The dash jump d ambiguous crossup can be done after most knockdowns but the effectiveness varies a fair bit based on wake up times for example doing it against sin and chipp is pretty effective (works fully off metakiri) but some characters can just upback. You can usually connect 5k > 2h off it since your opponent is probably blocking high otherwise just 5p it tends to cause reversals to come out the wrong way as well. Can always be blitz shielded but the un-crossup with drill cancel j.d punishes that.

I've been messing with Faust the last couple days, and he doesn't seem too complicated, except I can't drill cancel to save my life. Is it one of those things people who have used Faust for years think is easy, because they don't remember that they didn't learn it instantly, or am I seriously expected to be able to do this no sweat? Because it's hard. The momentum stalling part is simple enough, but I'm almost always too low to the ground to jump cancel the jumping k, or too high, and can't combo after hitting with the drill.

I was able to combo from the drill j.K in AC, but in Xrd, I can do it, like, 1 time out of 20 or something. All I can say is that it's worth practicing, and that you're not alone in your suffering.

I've been messing with Faust the last couple days, and he doesn't seem too complicated, except I can't drill cancel to save my life. Is it one of those things people who have used Faust for years think is easy, because they don't remember that they didn't learn it instantly, or am I seriously expected to be able to do this no sweat? Because it's hard. The momentum stalling part is simple enough, but I'm almost always too low to the ground to jump cancel the jumping k, or too high, and can't combo after hitting with the drill.

FDC j.K jc j.2K is tough, your not alone. Grind it out, don't get frustrated and it will come with time. The good thing is that even if your not able to always link the j.2K after and they end up blocking it, you will still be at quite an advantageous situation if they block (and you are low enough) due to the move's large amount of blockstun.

Imo you have to do fdc j.k way slower in XRD compared to previous versions. Like you cant just fast piano the buttons there is actually a small delay :(

Good to know. I'll resolve to keep at it, but I'm always pretty OCD about what character I use in new games (which this basically is for me). Hopefully I can get good with somebody, instead of getting mediocre with everyone.