Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senkei

[CT] Arakune Combo Thread

you wont' get any "crazy combos" here.. we go for damage and practicality.. if you want flashy check out the most recent combo vid http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showpost.php?p=401482&postcount=29 but i warn you u'll have to be pretty consistent at repeated dive cancels

I think watching this video is what love feels like.

I've got a question, when I connect his overhead into curse I can release the C B bugs to combo no problem, but what I am having trouble with is connecting his 6C together with that to start the loop, it doesnt even come out at all after I release the bugs. Am I messing up on the timing? Am I forgetting to input something else that I overlooked?

I've got a question' date=' when I connect his overhead into curse I can release the C B bugs to combo no problem, but what I am having trouble with is connecting his 6C together with that to start the loop, it doesnt even come out at all after I release the bugs. Am I messing up on the timing? Am I forgetting to input something else that I overlooked?[/quote']

You're forgetting a teleport or an invisibility cancel, your combo should be:

6A 5D 236B CB bugs 6C loop

or

6A 5D 214A CB bugs 6C loop

Note that in the second variant, you'll want to delay the CB bugs for as long as possible. You should do it as you're rising for the teleport. About half way up.

well i was holdin onto these combos for awhile but its time i share. these are the combos i use. ===================================================================================================================== COMBOS (NO CURSE) Shark Loop 6A > 5D > JC > j.D~C > LAND > 6A > A-bug hits > 6C~6A > 6C > 2C~5B,6A > B-bug hits > A-bug hits > 6C~6A > 6C > 2C~5B,6A > B-bug hits > A-bug hits > j.[C] > j.[D] > RELEASE ALL Shark-Dive Combo 6A > 5D > JC > j.D~C > LAND > 6A > 6C > 6C > 2C~5B,6A > B-bug hits > A-bug hits > j.A > j.2A > j.2B > j.2[C] > LAND > ]C[~5B > B-bug hits > C-bug hits > j.[C] > j.[D] > LAND > RELEASE ALL Throw Combo Throw > Laser > 5D > j.A > j.2A > j.2B > j.2[C] > LAND > ]C[~5B > 6C~6A > 6C > 2C~5B,6A > B-bug hits > A-bug hits > j.[C] > j.[D] > RELEASE ALL Anti-Air Combo 5C > JC > j.6C > JC > j.A > j.[C] > j.D > LAND > ]4C[~5B > C-bug hits > B-bug hits > 6C > 6C > 2C~5B,6A > B-bug hits > A-bug hits > j.A > j.2A > j.2B > j.2[C] > LAND > ]C[~5B > B-bug hits > C-bug hits > j.[C] > j.[D] > RELEASE ALL Wormhole Combo Wormhole > j.A > j.2A > j.2B > j.2[C] > LAND > ]C[~5B > 6C~6A > 6C > 2C~5B,6A > B-bug hits > A-bug hits > j.[C] > j.[D] > RELEASE ALL Air Throw Combo Air Throw > LAND > 5D > j.A > j.2A > j.2B > j.2[C] > LAND > ]C[~5B > C-bug hits > B-bug hits > 6C~6A > 6C > 2C~5B,6A > B-bug hits > A-bug hits > j.[C] > j.[D] > RELEASE ALL ===================================================================================================================== COMBOS (CURSE) Dive-Shark Loop 6A > 5C > j.A > j.2A > j.2B > j.2[C] > LAND > ]C[~5B > 6C~6A > 6C > 2C~5B,6A > B-bug hits > A-bug hits > j.[C] > j.[D] > RELEASE ALL Air Throw Combo Air Throw > 5C > j.A > j.2A > j.2B > j.2[C] > LAND > ]C[~5B > C-bug hits > B-bug hits > 6C~6A > 6C > 2C~5B,6A > B-bug hits > A-bug hits > j.[C] > j.[D] > RELEASE ALL I do want to mention that considering the dive loop and the shark loop they both do about the same dmg, but personally i found performing the dive-shark combo easier. You can do 6 dives in 1 combo if you want to. Its a bit hard but doable. On some characters you can only get 5 dives. How that would work is when you go for the second set of dives it would be j.A > j.2A > j.2[C] > ]C[~5B > C-bug hits > B-bug hits > etc After the wormhole super you can go into shark loop, this I already know. I just thot it was worth mentioning that you can also go into the dive loop as well. I swear to god that the throw combo does work, very hard but doable. It probably does not work on all chars but definitely jin and ragna. It all depends on how deep you hit 5D. I'll try and do a combo tutorial or at least clips of the combos i mentioned. Getting j.C to hit on Carl (without crossing up) is quite hard due to his hitbox but there is a way to do it. I cant remember it at the moment but when I do i'll post it up. sry if i made any notation mistakes just let me know and i'll edit it

You're forgetting a teleport or an invisibility cancel, your combo should be:

6A 5D 236B CB bugs 6C loop

or

6A 5D 214A CB bugs 6C loop

Note that in the second variant, you'll want to delay the CB bugs for as long as possible. You should do it as you're rising for the teleport. About half way up.

Ok, thanks. I tried it all out and it works properly now, lol.

Now my problem is about the second rep of the loop they go higher and my opponent can mash tech out of it.

i asked and he said he would.....but this is taking way too long(no offense senkei!)

so maybe you should :P

Lol sorry someone lost my converter at EVO so I can't play BB anymore till I get enough money for a new one.

I'll move what I can to the 1st post but I can't test it for accuracy.

Edit: There! When I can play again i'll do some more!

After throw combo >236236C>5D you can do this:

j.A>j.A>236C or if you want flashy + more damage and a setup, taken straight from the arakune combo video, this is what to do (difficult to learn but rewarding):

[C] means hold

-C- means release

After 5D> jump neutral>j.A>j.A (A bug should hit)>j.2A (wait a bit)>j.2B>j.2[C],>land>-C-B-bug>j.9A (so 6A bug hits and you jump + spike)>jump neutral j.[C]>j.2[D]. Hold last buttons to oki.

Edit: More stuff

3C, j.D, BC bug, 6C Loop.

j.3D or j.6D, BC bug, j.6C, jc j.6A, j.2A, BC bug, 6CLoopx 2 (Better than 236C cause that move = massive proration)

It seems to me that the timing is different for dive cancelling j.2A/B/C into 5B depending on how close the dive hits. I can get the cancel off most of the time when I hit them from what seems like the edge of the hitbox, but the timing doesn't seem to work when I'm closer. Is it all in my head (i.e m execution sucks) or is the timing different? From the edge of the hitbox I make the stick go neutral just as I hit the ground, but when I'm closer it doesn't seem to work.

It seems to me that the timing is different for dive cancelling j.2A/B/C into 5B depending on how close the dive hits. I can get the cancel off most of the time when I hit them from what seems like the edge of the hitbox, but the timing doesn't seem to work when I'm closer.

Is it all in my head (i.e m execution sucks) or is the timing different? From the edge of the hitbox I make the stick go neutral just as I hit the ground, but when I'm closer it doesn't seem to work.

I believe you're right, the timing differs from where you hit em. Same with eddie's shadow gallery frc, if it hit the timing changes, but I know exactly which frame to see so I can cancel. But in this case I don't know which frame it is that is like 'oh yeah press 2B now' and no blue cancel to show my success. :(

Edit: Good followup to 214214D super? If done close to ground you can go direct into 6C loopx3, but what to do if you're a higher?

Badguy, I regret to inform you that all the combos you listed seem to be weaker variants of the dive and 6C loops, or the exact same thing as the dive and 6C loops.

I believe you're right, the timing differs from where you hit em

The timing varies depending on how close to the ground you are when you hit them.

Badguy, I regret to inform you that all the combos you listed seem to be weaker variants of the dive and 6C loops, or the exact same thing as the dive and 6C loops.

The timing varies depending on how close to the ground you are when you hit them.

That's what I meant, not hitting em as right to head or left of head, but distance to ground, shoulda clarified.

hmm i was watching some of my own casual matches recently and i noticed i accidentally combo-ed mid screen from 5a>6b>(jc)>4a bug>j6a>236c>etc i went back and tried to recreate it but didn't have any luck but it's kinda interesting though since normally 5a>6b only combos in the corner. Does anyone have a mid screen while cursed combo starting from 5a?

hmm i was watching some of my own casual matches recently and i noticed i accidentally combo-ed mid screen from 5a>6b>(jc)>4a bug>j6a>236c>etc

i went back and tried to recreate it but didn't have any luck but it's kinda interesting though since normally 5a>6b only combos in the corner. Does anyone have a mid screen while cursed combo starting from 5a?

5aa >5B works pretty nicely.

hmm i was watching some of my own casual matches recently and i noticed i accidentally combo-ed mid screen from 5a>6b>(jc)>4a bug>j6a>236c>etc

i went back and tried to recreate it but didn't have any luck but it's kinda interesting though since normally 5a>6b only combos in the corner. Does anyone have a mid screen while cursed combo starting from 5a?

5aa >5B works pretty nicely.

I use 5A5B5A (b bug hits) 6A (6A bug hits) 6C loop. I think that may be what Copperdabbit was talking about.

Edit: I just realized we don't have Arakune's standard curse pressure mixup anywhere in this thread. Or apparently, this forum for that matter.

:psyduck:

Here we go then:

3AAA (A bug hits) 6A [All blocked] then you can follow up with:

2B (b bug hits) 6A (a bug hits) 6C loops

Or

jA 4B+C [A] (short pause) -A- jA j2A j2B j2[C] - B- -C- 6C loops

If you have about full curse meter you can do another rep of 6C and then end it with 2-B- 6-A- -C- jC jD for big damage and recurse. And to show off.

:yaaay:

There's probably an easier variant you can do based off of 236C. I would guess the easier variant is:

jA 4B+C jA j6A dj j6A 236C BC bug etc.

Or something along those lines.

i just came up with my own similar to 6C loop... i do:(while cursed of course) 6C > 3A > 6C > 3A > 6C > 3A > 6C > 3A > 6C > 3A > ABC > 6D IT WORKS AND DOES almost 5000 damage i tested it in training with all ways of getting out of it and it works MAKE SURE YOU GET THE TIMING DOWN...this loop cause the character to bounce at the end of this loop for the rapid cancel into 6D (bell) the opponent lands on the bell recursing and catching the D bug !!!!! JEAH! im gonna do video of it so you can see what im talking about...w00t

lol i want to see this video as i can't even imagine it it is [6c(1st part only)>6a bug] x 5>(rc)>6D im not sure what either of you mean actually.. how does 5a5b5a combo? is that in the revolver table?

how does 5a5b5a combo? is that in the revolver table?

It doesn't. 5B calls the B bug, which knocks them up, then you mash 6A until 6A hits and the 6A bug comes down. Then you 6C loop. There are other followups and I think that one only works at really close range though.

oh okay so like 5a>5b>5b bug?>6a>6a bug>6c loop? i'll give it a test this week edit: wait or is it 5aa>b bug>6a>6a bug>6c loop?

well i personally can't do any of the advanced throw while cursed combos but this one is the bnb 6c one.

while cursed

ground throw>B bug>A bug>superjump backwards jA>4A bug>(jc)>j2a>j2c>CB bug>6c loop + recurse ender

and it's like 7k damage.. the most damaging combos Arakune has all come from while cursed ground throw i think

doesn't work on carl, rachel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7lqRnwXkF0

at 0:05

Ty for that kousaka, exactly what I needed. Any tips on the best comb to do after 2B counter hit anti-air? All I've got is 5B into combo.

well i personally can't do any of the advanced throw while cursed combos but this one is the bnb 6c one.

while cursed

ground throw>B bug>A bug>superjump backwards jA>4A bug>(jc)>j2a>j2c>CB bug>6c loop + recurse ender

and it's like 7k damage.. the most damaging combos Arakune has all come from while cursed ground throw i think

doesn't work on carl, rachel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7lqRnwXkF0

at 0:05

Wow that's sick.. gotta practice that too