Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senkei

[CT] Arakune Combo Thread

Womp, AA j6A and j6C BnBs are:

j6A (A bug hits) j2A [C] -B- -C- 6C loops

and

j6C 9 jA (a bug hits) j2A j2[C] -B- -C- 6C loops

Or did I get a thing wrong?

Womp, AA j6A and j6C BnBs are:

j6A (A bug hits) j2A [C] -B- -C- 6C loops

and

j6C 9 jA (a bug hits) j2A j2[C] -B- -C- 6C loops

Or did I get a thing wrong?

depending on your altitude you can actually omit the 9 j.a after the j.6c. you can just release an a bug during the j6c, jump backwards, and j.2d; that's essentially the same as using a long-ranged j.6a. this doesn't work as well low to the ground(such as after the 2d bug combo midscreen) although you can get it to work, but sometimes it will work better than 9 ja(such as when you hit them at such an angle that the ja will whiff) and causes less proration.

you're right, i just wanted to point out that there's an alternate way of doing it that may work more consistently.

What to do when there's homing cloud in front of the opponent, the oppoenent airdashes at me, I anti-air them with 5C, then do j.6A, j.A, j.B, j.C, j.D combo into 6c loop, but when the j.C part comes up they land on the hoverC ruining the combo. Is there any solution to this?

you can use a 6/5A bug after the cloud hits to give the third hit of 6c time to connect. if you see that a cloud is going to hit them you might try following up with a dive combo instead because the anti air 6c setup is also dive combo>6c loop setup, but i'm not sure if that would solve the problem.

one thing that can work but is difficult is: after the cloud hits, hit with an a bug. follow that with a b bug. this can give you time to jump up and combo into a dive or something else(i.e. j.6a dive combo, but i don't think you can make it up there in time for that). this is actually pretty much what the hover cloud throw combo is, but i don't know if it would work since the 5c uncursed anti air combo has high proration.

the most useful thing i can tell you for hover cloud combos with 5c is that--at least from what i'm observing in training mode-- the hover cloud is hovering at a level higher than normal while i'm comboing out of 5c. this allows me to do 5c>jc>j.a>j.c>j.d>(4c+5b bugs)>[6c>[6a bug hits, lessening upward knockback from the first hit of 6c]>6cx2>(5b+6a bugs)]xrepeat. sorry if that's confusing, in short you're just adding a 6a bug in between the first and second hits of the 6c loop after the 5c anti air opener to counteract upward knockback.

am i the only one who's started simply doing j.2a j.2c in dive combos because it always works with no modifications, compared to j.2b+b bug which seems to be too dependent on character and position? it just seems like too much of a risk to be worth the small amount of damage unless the character has a large hitbox. technically it seems like it would be better to save the combo hits for 6c loops anyways as 6c attacks do considerably more damage.

Thank you for the tips lunaris, but I know what to do if there's a hover cloud (2A>5B>5D>236B>BCbug>j.6A>j.6A (a bugs will hit)>j.2A>BC bug>6C Loop. However hover cloud with 5C doesn't seem to be a problem, since opponents are not really going to risk airdashing when it's above them, and if they do get hit by 5C hover cloud does not ruin the rest of my combo, it simply curses them early. The thing I'm stumped on if there's a homing cloud, and it's under my j.C in my combo, which makes them hit it and avoid the ground, ruining that nice combo. About the dive combos, I'm not a dive combo player. I believe in taking em to corner and pressuring them through 6C, and it tends to be dependent on some characters, but the most useful dive combo is after a throw+super, extra damage into recurse, and looks ultra flashy, and has a high chance of working on everyone. And even if you mess up, the damage after 5D, which is j.A>j.A>j.2A is the same damage as j.A>j.A>236C, so it's much better to try to dive since with the rest it's more damage + recurse and oki-setup.

snip

sorry, for some reason i thought you were asking specifically about the homing cloud. sometimes i find myself comboing with a homing cloud above my opponent so the question didn't seem too odd to me taken in that context. sorry about that.

in that case yeah, i don't think there's really any one thing you can do that will work in all situations... you can probably utilize various bugs to continue it but it'd probably have to be ad-lib and depedent on a lot of factors. i agree with copperdabbit's suggestion if you can't predict and ad-lib the situation.

and, getting them into the corner with 6c loops is almost always better than using the dive combo. but i think you might've misunderstood what i meant by "a dive combo"; when i said that i didn't mean a combo exclusively using dives, i meant using a 1-3 dives in order to continue/start the 6c loop. i'm fairly sure that the dive combo simply does less damage than 6c loops in the first place, so combined with the positioning factor i don't really see a point in doing more than one dive combo rep unless you're in a 6c loop trying to avoid going into the spot in the corner where both the 6a and 6c bugs will whiff before you recurse.

just got the game after playing it for about 2 months at arcade. first time i really get to experiment with his throw-super combo so for all i know you all know about these... sorry! i just didn't really want to search through 26 pages :P but then again, i doubt you guys would consider these real combos since you can tech the throw(s)... throw > 236236C > 8 > air throw > 2A > 2C also i didn't really notice it in here... but 5C > 9 > 6B > 9 > air throw > (against wall: 2A > 2B > 2C) or (not against wall: 2A > 2C > 2B)

midscreen cursed 3a 3a 3a 6a and input 5c right after it so a c bug comes out and pushes the enemy back then repeat. 6a should not cancel into 5c dunno if known, got it to loop 2 times. tricky timing you can also continue the combo after Throw > 236236C 5D with a j.A into j.6A and so on.

you're right, i just wanted to point out that there's an alternate way of doing it that may work more consistently.

It was actually supposed to be 8 jA though. For a straight up jump. D'oh. I typed it wrong.

midscreen cursed 3a 3a 3a 6a and input 5c right after it so a c bug comes out and pushes the enemy back then repeat. 6a should not cancel into 5c

A better variant is 3AAA 5D 214A CB bug 6C loops

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE, I FOUND AN EASIER FUZZY VARIANT THAT USES THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF CURSE AND DOES THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF DAMAGE AS THE ONE I WAS POSTING ABOUT EARLIER*:

jA [4]jC(whiff)~B -4- jA 8 j2A j2B j2C BC bug 6C loops

*For pad players anyways

I also found a simpler 5A hitconfirm

For far away:

5A B+C (throw whiff) (CB bug hits) 8 jA j2A j2B j2C 6C loops

Close 5AA 5C~B (The 5As shouldn't cancel into 5B or C if done right) (CB bug hits) 8 or 7 jA (depending on spacing) j2A j2B j2C 6C loops.

being new to the game and decided to pick up arakune, i had a few of quick questions. sorry for a long post, figured id put all my questions in one, rather than a bunch.

1.) arakune has a strong air-game and im aware of all the sweet air combos/pressure he has while in the air. ive been practicing most BnB air combos in this thread off of 5C and i can get them down, but in a match, sometimes getting off a 5C is tough. what are some good ways to catch them in the air and initiate his air combos?

2.) again with the air game, arakune seems to be able to move much better in the air than on the ground. against better players im having trouble just getting around fast. should i be moving in the air with my j.6A/B/C a lot more?

3.) ive read that a lot of arakune's expertise is in his 2A 5A and 6A mixups to start combos. whats a good way to get close enough to them to hit off these? coming if from the air with a dash cancel 5B orrr...?

4.) in this video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I5ZNvsGSI0 (2:15) how does arakune j.6A over the tager and then turn around into his dash canceled 5B? ive tried it before but my arakune doesn't turn around. I'm thinking it has something to do with super jumping, but I cant seem to get it.

So I decided to make up some combos with arakune cause I think he has the greatest variety to be creative with combos.

Check out the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xd4CTnie5pU

(its really short like 1 min showing 5 combos)

I know I whiff on some of them but its pretty much just to show off how creative you can get with his combos

I came up with most of these cause I usually had trouble getting off a re-curse in some situations, I have some more really interesting ones using his bugs but I'll record them later.

make sure to post when the vid is finished processing. it didn't work for me

make sure to post when the vid is finished processing. it didn't work for me

Sorry about that check back in like 30 mins to an hour didn't notice that it didn't finish processing =[

edit : its finished processing now if you wanna check it out also please leave feedback, as i am in the process of starting a arakune tutorial video !

Its fine now

and not bad xefex :3

Also a lot of those combos can be linked into a lot more. I'm working on another video to show off his more powerful combos and longer combo strings you can do , and hopefully a small tutorial video.

Ya that vid was nice. kinda answered a few questions I had and got me in the right mindset :). I still need to work on how to approach though, can anyone give insight on generally how to initiate the combos that mark?

Ya that vid was nice. kinda answered a few questions I had and got me in the right mindset :). I still need to work on how to approach though, can anyone give insight on generally how to initiate the combos that mark?

His j.5b which is dash cancel-able opens up a lot of options for arakunes pressure / combo game , also his j.2a b or c can open up a lot of options if its a counter hit. You can also go for his grab mix up game. Usually you shouldn't force combos with arakune , learning match up's is also an important part of his game. My suggestion is watch videos of what arakune does in situations and pay attention to how combos are started.

JP wiki was updated today with bunch of extra comments on how to stabilize 6c loops and how to time the 6a bug in the last loop depending on character.

http://www14.atwiki.jp/arakune/

Helped me a lot as I've been spending the last 3-4 days trying to stabilize triple 6c loops on all the characters.

xefex thought i recognized your name haha... played you online not too long ago in ranked ditto match. close match

I've been lurking around for a few weeks now and I've noticed a lot of talk about combos being "out-dated." First of all, what makes a combo "out-dated" and are the combos listed in the OP still good? If not I would really appreciate an updated list of BnB's. I've been slacking on my training mode practice and want to make sure I'm working on things that are worth working on. Thanks for the help. --Ez2Hate XBL

snip

1. you'll just have to predict them with 5c. it has head invincibility, so it is completely invulnerable to most aerial attacks. however, you'll have to make sure to space it so that they don't cross you up. if they're too close to you for 5c, i find the best option(if you can predict their dash-in far enough ahead) is to simply go into a curse-6c loop off of j.5a or a j.6x(any of them will work).

2. yes, or at least i think you should. hima uses it frequently(although hima did get his ass handed to him by souji iirc).

3. yes, mostly j.5b and/or dive pressure. dash-cancelled j.5a can work to keep yourself close enough to do a 2a 5b 5d combo, but i'd only recommend it once you've conditioned them to block j.5b. remember you can combo into teleports in your strings as well to gain ground distance while making it look like you're going for another dive or j.5b. going from j.5b>5a is very useful since 5a is a quick, jcable poke with very little knockback; when you're going for mixups with normals you usually want to stay close.

4. this is something i haven't seen discussed here yet, but you are partially correct. there are some quirky things about arakune's jumps.

I) arakune can't do his command moves quickly off the ground. he has to gain a little bit of altitude before he can do anything. i guess the developers figured a tk'd cloud would be too powerful(which is probably true).

II) arakune's j.6x attacks will not turn him around on crossup if the jump is a single jump, or after he has teched in midair.

III) perhaps it's just me, but i've found that after i hit with a j.6x, i'm no longer able to cancel the lag of any dives until i jump again(meaning the dives can cancel into each other but the lag remains upon landing). i have a very high success rate for dive canceling, and i have NEVER been able to do this even once. ex, in training: 8 j.6c 7 j.2a; it seems you simply cannot cancel the j.2a's lag. is it just me? i know it seems like it should work but please try it yourself before replying.

i don't want to spread misinformation here so if someone sees that i'm incorrect on some of this please say so.

2. yes, or at least i think you should. hima uses it frequently(although hima did get his ass handed to him by souji iirc).

I see Souji use it rarely I think. But I don't know whether it's this or something else that makes the difference between him and Hima. After rewatching the match I don't think

that's what does. It seems to me that it was just Hima being impatient. I saw him use it quite a bit against Aoniku, Souji that is.

I'm going to second the recommendation. But use it in moderation, with barrier cancel, teleport, jB, and dive cancel shenanigans.

Yeah but the key thing is that to new players like me (wooo for self proclaimed 09er) it would be ridiculously beneficial if some of the basics were cleaned up and reposted with correct notations.

this

i too have wasted some time with the c loop starters because the notation is wrong, mostly on the first post. I think that if the first post was updated and cleaned up with all the correct combos then there would be alot less confusion.

Asside from that, thanks to the more experienced players who keep posting in here and in the other arakune threads. It really helps out the nubs like me.

Alright jesus christ I cannot do the 6c loops correct. I do it weird using c bugs to launch and it works but every character is almost specific on when to release it. Can someone tell me when to release the 2B bug then go to the 6A bug? Im trying but still struggle to get the timing to it.