Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senkei

[CT] Arakune Combo Thread

Try 1c bug > 5b > 5b bug > 6c loop > recurse.

I say 5b, because that low to the ground, 5b will come out when trying to get the 5b bug out, unless you negative edge it far in advance, it's still a legit combo.

The damage won't be as spectacular though.

Combos serve more purposes than damage, they serve a purpose of resets, damage, and more importantly positioning.

Having general real estate of the field puts you in a far better advantage, and that is determined to non-zoning characters by you and your opponent's position and combos help properly position your opponent for what is field advantage, momentum, pressure and more combos to keep the flow.

Arakune is special, since he's a zoner with plenty of setups his opponent's positioning isn't as crucial as pretty much any position is useful to Arakune, after that he needs momentum to get started, which depending on his opponent is a bit harder than it needs to be, but once he gets in a combo, damage is very important, but for Arakune (and this was told to me by most other Arakune mains), the more important tool for his combos is :the answer to your question: the recurse.

Here's with the 6C loop, you get damage and recurse, which allows for everything I mentioned earlier.

Advantage in positioning, real estate, pressure, momentum and further combo opportunities.

I think. :P

can you post a video? B/c i know besides me other people can get combos much quicker if shown a video as well.

Uhhh I'll see what I can do, I haven't recorded a video from a tv in my life :gonk:.

Oh yeah that thing only works if they neutral tech, not if they roll, really gimmicky, better off doing just a normal loop.

Our great bud Skye not only was kind enough to make a video about the combo, but he showed them online. As you can see, starting with the D bug is pretty beast, and they'll never suspect a front dash>Dbug, besides, if they try to run back, they'll probably get hit by the D bug, there's no way to lose this one.

Its 3 loops into recurse but Skye dropped the combo, still, 6k in two loops? what else do you want?

random question

I saw in some videos people doing 6C loop after midair 236C then B bug, the question is, which versione of the B bug connects? I rarely find the correct timing, it's ]5b[? ]6b[?

If i remember correctly after 236C it's 5b5c bug midscreen and 6b6c bug in corner. But looping into 6c loops usually don't work going into the corner, normally you willl go straight into hjC>jD recurse

Just wondering how exactly this monsterous combo wass pulled off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoBtXpiDcLA&playnext_from=TL&videos=T3uad-wIX0w

6a>5d>236b>(5bc bug>j6a>6a bug>(jc)>j2a>j2b>j2c) x 2 >5bc bug>6c>6a bug>5c>2c>5b bug>6a bug>j6a>6a bug>(jc)>jC>jD

Mid screen only. Triple dive combos tend to be more consistent on bang/tager/hakumen. Triple 6c loops should still do more damage.

This was posted by Irsinn earlier today in the OHC chat: "Earlier today I was messing around in CT training mode, practicing my IAD cancel with Arakune, I was practicing some gimmicks, the one I'll talk about is IAD 4jA>jD. After some tries I pressed B+C after the jD (god knows why), of course, after jD you can't throw people, right? WELL YOU'RE WRONG Arakune grabs Ragna and throws the fucker in the air whilst being cursed. You may say "thats really interesting, but a purple throw..." Well, YOU'RE WRONG, AGAIN, the throw was green, GREEN. I don't really know how this happened, I think you have to be VERY close to the floor to do it, I did it like 4 times myself, does anyone know anything about this?"