Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senkei

[CT] Arakune Combo Thread

Anyone knows the specifics for the air to ground to 6C loop? He seems to start it off so many things oAo and are there are specific bug directions? or are they mostly neutral bugs? cos i think i see him using 6A bug when going from air to ground :S

All right, scrub question here. from the first vid, when Ara is fighting Rachel (15 seconds in if you can't wait.) Ara does his j.236c and right before she hits the ground she gets popped up again. Is she getting hit by the C bug right before she hits the ground? I can't seem to pull this combo off and I didn't see it anywhere in here. Any help? I've got basketball and 6c combos down pat, but I'm having trouble starting them, cuz I can't seem to get my 2a off close enough to go to 5b > 5d and I'd like to have another combo, and that seems like a solid one.

If they are cursed I tap C-B bug right near the time of landing, from that it pops them back up easily. This can lead right into his 6C loop. I am having trouble 6C Looping past like 2 :( it's like they are out of range and I launch with the loop in a weird way. Do you release B then A? cause my A-bug always hits them too fast and i release both bugs from the neutral position.

If they are cursed I tap C-B bug right near the time of landing, from that it pops them back up easily. This can lead right into his 6C loop.

I am having trouble 6C Looping past like 2 :( it's like they are out of range and I launch with the loop in a weird way. Do you release B then A? cause my A-bug always hits them too fast and i release both bugs from the neutral position.

Your problem may be here:

Doing the 3rd 6C loop requires an extra A bug inserted after the initial 6C hit. I haven't figured to full timing on this but the times that I've fluked it I've pretty much did 6C~A in one flick.

Well, the way I do the 6c is I start it off with a low j.5d > 6a (tap a again when your first bug makes contact) either 2 or 3 times to get the positioning right, to 6c > 5c > 2c. Now as soon as the 2c connects, tap 5b > 6a (that might be your problem right there.) and I can get about 2-3 rotations in with that method, you start to run out of curse before you can do 4 reps.

j.236C air to ground > BC bug I hold the C then hold B during the move. Then when I land i release both. In the corner hold forward. The 3rd 6C loop will depend on a bunch of factors such as screen location, the opponent hit box, and number of hits in the combo. But you definitely need a 6a bug after 6C on the third loop. I rarely go for the 3rd loop now though unless i start from 6a>5D>236B

For the air 236C combo, what i do is tap C then B after the spinning ends. Third loop ish hard to link :( but i think the timing for the A bug is roughly 6C (while still holding 6) 6A bug then immediately 5C and then 2C into the third loop Right nw my biggest problem is the damn dive cancelling and also the air to ground strings

In case anyone was interested, I was bored so I transcribed the combos from the Arakune tutorial into something easier to read and I also listed their damage.

5C > j.6B > JC > dj.A > dj.B(1) > dj.C > dj.D [2182]

Neutral Throw > 236236C > 5D > (j.A)x2 > j.236C [4094]

j.66 > j.4B > 5A > 6B > j.6B > JC > dj.6B > dj.236C [1808]

j.D > 6A > 5C > j.6B > JC > dj.6 > dj.236[C] > ]C[ > ]B[ > Land > j.6 > j.236[C] > ]C[ > ]B[ > dj.C > dj.D [2843]

2A > 5B(1) > 5D+[C] > ]C[ > j.D > 6A > 6C > 5C > 2C++[A] > ]B[ > ]A[ > 6C > 5C > 2C [3679]

j.6A(Counter) > 5B(1) > j.[A] > j.B(1) > j.[C] > j.D > ]C[ > ]A[ > 6C > 5C > 2C++[A] > ]B[ > ]A[ > 6C > 5C > 2C [3953]

j.D > (6[A] > ]A[)x6 > 5D > j.A > j.236C [3510]

6.A > [D]+[C] > ]C[+]D[ > 214B > 5B > (5A)x3 [Guard Break]

I think there's a few errors in your combos. You should double check them. Like the one from j.6A (counter) you probably mean j.2A counter/dive canceled. Or j.D>6A>6a bug. etc. I've never tried the console ports yet but I didn't even realize they had a tutorial. But these tutorial combos kinda look like the combos people were discovering when the game first game out.

I think there's a few errors in your combos. You should double check them. Like the one from j.6A (counter) you probably mean j.2A counter/dive canceled. Or j.D>6A>6a bug. etc. I've never tried the console ports yet but I didn't even realize they had a tutorial. But these tutorial combos kinda look like the combos people were discovering when the game first game out.

I haven't tried all of them yet, but they're transcribed directly from the DVD that comes with the game, I just wrote them in typical combo notation instead of the arrows and 'Release B' shit they use in the video -- if they're wrong then so is the DVD.

Edit: I just tested them all. They all work. The third combo can only be done in a corner, otherwise the j.6B whiffs. I included a screen capture of the 6th combo which you didn't think was right -- it worked when I tested it.

Posted Image

ohh in that case we should have someone check some of the other tutorials too. I didn't realize they didn't have them fully proof read and edited first edit: the j.D>6a one will work but it's just missing the 6a bug which if it wasn't already on the screen then you'd get it regardless unless you held 6a. I'm surprised you got the combos to work though. Especially in the corner since j.D>6a should only connect near mid screen. the j6a im still curious about. Does the dvd actually perform the combo? Can you post a clip of the beginning?

Nice. Okay just watched through it. The j6a is actually j2a on that combo so there really is mistakes. Also the j.D>6a combo actually doesn't use the 6a bug but it used a 2C bug. You can see a 4A bug fly over and whiff.

nice. Okay just watched through it. The j6a is actually j2a on that combo so there really is mistakes.

Oh dur, I didn't even realize what you were talking about until now. I had been starting with j.2A every time I did the combo without even realizing the combo says j.6A and I transcribed it as j.6A. My mistake.

Man, im trying to learn arakune but trying to do the loops in practice after i get a curse keeps hitting the dummy with bugs while i try the combo again, plus with all the different bugs i get so confused as to what the hell i need to do with him.

if you do the starters that curse while they're already curse such as 2a>5b>5d or 6a>5d then the bugs from these will mess you up usually. If they're already cursed you need to confirm into different combos.

ok so what combos should i look at specifically to do when theyre cursed? I just got down the 6C loop combo last night ( figured out you have to time the B and A bug as soon as arakune goes for the 2C) but other than that what are some good combos once they are cursed?

you still want to go into 6c loops but using a different starter. If you start from 2a, you can do 2aa>a bug>2aa >a bug> 5d> 236B > BC bug >6c loop. Mid screen only. You can also do 2aa>c bug> 5C > air to ground string > 6c loop

Hi. I'm trying to pick up Arakune. I can do the 6c loop and other basic combo's. I think my biggest problem right now is what to do once I've actually got the opponent marked. If I have a dude marked and I'm mid screen what do I do? Just mash buttons to get bugs out?

Shit well... know what the bugs do and how to combo from them, just set the dummy to jump and see what you can get off of a hit. It's like reacting to traps with testament, they get hit -> you make the best of the situation. Also see what combo's when they are marked certain things that don't connect normally will for instance s2->5c. That right there leads into air combos then a landing 6c loop, just off of a low. Bitches should be scared cause when they cursed.... you living large boy.... sooo large

Just watch some of the vids in the vid thread and see what other people have been leading into combos with, and just play around with what you like :D

For a quick tip for beginners, Arakune's combos are all about his 6C Loops, and the 236C Loops, after u mastered those 2 just learn how to change from one into another, and how to start them from many different situations :) For example: Uncursed Opponent u hit him with j.6A so j.6A JC j.A j.B j.C j.D (CBA Bugs) 6C loop, but wether or not u can go into the loop is very situational so i guess its trial and error :)