raekw0n187

[Xrd] Potemkin Combo Thread

Some of this is speculation and may be inaccurate, most is confirmed from match vids and frame data. We'll be able to find out definitively soon.

Legend:

Heat (Knuckle): 623H
Extend: 63214H after Heat Knuckle
F.D.B.: 63214S
Hammerfall: [4]6H
Brake: P during Hammerfall's travel
Trishula: 63214K
ICPM: j.41236H
Heavenly: 236236S (50 tension)
Giganter: 632146H (50 tension)
Blid: 4123641236P during Giganter
RC: Red Roman Cancel, on hit/block (50 tension)
YRC: Yellow Roman Cancel, before/during move active frames outside blockstun (25 tension)
PRC: Purple Roman Cancel, after active frames outside blockstun (50 tension)
XRC: inputting a YRC during hitstop forces a Red RC, XRC just denotes that you should RC before a hit, not on hit

Basic concepts:

5K > c.S > 2S > 2D
5K > c.S > f.S > 2D
c.S > f.S > 2S > 2D

Other enders:

...6K > Hammerfall (need to be mid/close range to connect 6K off of f.S/2S)
...6K > F.D.B. (You can 2D the opponent during stagger, but only if they're not prepared to mash out of it. Even relatively light mashing will make it not connect.)
...2H > Heat Knuckle > Extend (need to be close range for 2H - like c.S only)

Meter enders:

...2H > Heavenly (again, only after about one other hit)
...(6K >) 2D > RC > 6K Loop (see below - proration is heavy)

6K Loop:

[6K > Hammerfall > Brake]xN

Loop filler:

Rep > (5H >) Giganter > Rep (mostly for bear stun)

Loop enders:

...2S > Heat > Extend
...5H > Heat > Extend
...5H > Giganter > Blid (big damage)
...2H > Heavenly
...2H > Heat > Extend (heavier chars only?)

Buster combos:

Buster > 2K > f.S > Heat > Extend (corner only, substitute 2P > c.S on some chars)
Buster > RC > forward jump > falling j.H > c.S > f.S > Heat > Extend (midscreen)

Buster > RC > walk forward > 2H > Heat > Extend (does about three less damage than the above, but a little more consistent)

Air combos basic routes:

[j.P > j.K]xN
j.PxN
j.S > j.H > ICPM (j.H > ICPM only works with NO hitstun scaling in effect)

Note: j.K > j.S does not combo. I know!

Jump-Ins:

j.S > 5K > etc.

...this didn't need its own category.

Weird starters:

F.D.B. > RC > Buster (if your opponent's not keen on mashing out of stagger, you can HFB up and Buster)

Counter-hit starters:

Trishula CH > neutral super jump > j.H > ICPM
6P CH > 5H > Heat > Extend
6P CH > 6K Loop (near- or in-corner only obviously)

6K CH > Buster (the call-out)
6H CH > Hammerfall > XRC > jump forward > ICPM > XRC > 6H > Hammerfall (lol)
6H CH > Hammerfall > Brake > 6H > Hammerfall (near corner)

j.S > Buster

Can someone post a tutorial for the 6k wall loop? I know the input but it won't work. Maybe there's something special I do miss?

Some combos I've been trying so far. Keep in mind this is my third day playing it, so I keep 6K stuff really simple, There is definitely more that can be done with it as FAB has shown. All combos have been done on Sol, should work on the rest of the cast, but the damage after the combos will be against Sol. I'm typing HFB for hammerfall break as I don't want to keep typing the full thing.

Corner Only: 2K>2D>RC>6K>HFB>2S>6K>HFB>5H>Heat Extend= 175 damage
                     2K>2D>RC>6K>HFB>6K>HFB>2S>6K>HFB>5H= 188 damage (13 extra damage from just one extra 6K)

j.H>5K>2S>2D>RC>6K>HFB>2S>6K>HFB>5H>Heat Extend= 213 damage (One thing to note. The first 6K after the RC can be linked into 2S without the HFB, I assume because of the spacing.)

Some counter hit specific combos.

Counter j.S>P.B=149 (Even at stagger breakout lvl 3 and hitting pretty high on standing Sol)

counter j.H>5H>Heat Extend=161 (against airborne opponents only.)

counter Megafist>2P>2P>2K>2D=103

Counter 6K>PB=158

Counter hit 2H followups:

Counter 2H>HFB>super jump>j.S>j.H>ICPB=169
Counter 2H>HFB>5HS>Heat Extend=181
Counter 2H>HFB>Giganter+Build= 220
Counter 2H>HFB>Giganter>Walk>2H>Heat Extend=227
Counter 2H>HFB> c.S>2S>2HS>Heavenly=260

Corner Only: Counter 2H>HFB>6H>Giganter+Build>2S>Heat Extend=297 (Really want to make sure to hit the opponent with the top part of 6H so the Giganter follow up hits them high enough to combo into 2S after)

Another note: FDB>PB seems mashable out of. Stagger level 2 and 3 computer mash out of it before PB connects for me. Not sure how that equates to humans, but just something to note. Also FDB>HFB>PB is definitely mashable out of.

*Edited to add and to change 6k>Heat Extend ender with 5H>heat extend as it does more damage and is easier.

btw 2s 6k might feel tricky for a while but do

2s qcfK,

also since 2s 6k is a gattling, and you're buffering it, you are holding back a lot sooner than you think, so cancel it sooner than you would in the timing of a wallsplat combo

also 6k hammerfall is much easier on croucing people,

6k>hammer fall

I'm doing the old way for the fastest charge.

6k>db charge>df+hs.

Well the old way was up back and up forward instead but since 6k isn't jump cancelable anymore you don't have to do it that way.

It still works if you did tho.

For dust corner combos (The wall splat dust) Pot doesn't seem to have much. I have tried a few odd combos, but I can't find anything that really utilizes the wall splat well.

D(6)>6K>HFB>2H>Heat Extend  Is the best corner combo with no meter I could find. It does the same damage as the launcher combo D(8)>j.H>j.H>j.S>j.H>ICPM, but the wall splat combo builds around 37.5% meter where the launcher combo builds a little over 22%. You can D(6)>6H>HFB>2H>Heat Extend, but you have to be right on top of them. I just can't see that ever working.

D(6)>6H>HF>RC>6K loops seem to be for with meter.
If you are really close you can D(6)>6H>HF>RC>6H>HFB>2S>6K>HFB>5H>Extend. But again it isn't very practical since the spacing is so demanding.

One other thing to note. For people having trouble with 6K loops. Say you do  2K>2D>RC>6K>HFB>6K but screw up and don't get the next hammerfall break, you can usually link the second 6K with 5P>c.S>5S>Heat extend.

So I've learned that using RC to extend combos isn't always the best option, since RCs impose additional proration. This, on top of Potemkin's moves already taking off big chunks of R.I.S.C. gauge, means you won't necessarily see a big damage boost for doing so.

As an example, I wanted to see what sort of damage I could do with 2H.

2H does 60 damage to Sol. Heavenly does 153. (It should do 170, but I'll talk about that elsewhere.)

2H > Heavenly does 193.

2H > RC > 2H > Heavenly does a whopping 195.

So yeah, take into consideration your opponent's current R.I.S.C. state and how hard-hitting your attacks so far are. That same combo does 244 damage at just 25% R.I.S.C.

Also keep in mind that using RCs kills your Tension gain for longer than supers do. You can frequently make back a decent chunk of your meter by using a Super to extend a combo, instead of an RRC.

Anyway, Potemkin Buster combos! I sat down and figured out vaguely everyone's size/weight and what combo options you have against them. Please suggest any other good combos or character specific stuff to try. Oh yeah, and I don't have Elphelt unlocked, so if you do please let me know what works on her.

Notes:

Deep: Close to maximum possible depth into the corner. On fatter characters (Like Potemkin) this range extends a little farther from the corner.

Close: Just a hair farther out from where hitting Forward+Reset in training mode puts you.

Far: A Potemkin sized character length out from the corner.

Very Far: About 3 or so Potemkin sized character lengths out from the corner.

Weights: Please note these are respective to just this combo set, may not be accurate for anyone else.

<  >: Characters marked with this the combo can be performed on, but there is a directly superior alternative (ie: on Faust doing 2K f.S instead of 5P f.S)

1a. Deep, Light to Heavy w/Supers: (Sin, Faust, Sol, Ky, May, Chipp, Potemkin, Slayer, Axl, Venom, Bedman, Leo)

.. c.S 2S 6K HFB, 6K Giganter, 6H Heat

.. c.S 2S 6K HFB, 6K HFB, 2H Heavenly

1b. Deep, Very Heavy or Very Tall w/Supers: (Potemkin, Axl, Bedman)

.. c.S 2S 2K HFB, 6K HFB, c.S 2H Heavenly

1c. Deep, Semi-Tall or Wide w/Supers: (Sol, Ky, Venom, Bedman, Leo)

.. c.S 2S 6K Giganter -> Blit, 5K 2H Heat

1d. Deep, Very Tall/Wide w/Supers: (Faust, Chipp, Slayer)

.. c.S 2S 6K HFB, 6K Giganter -> Blit, 5K 2H Heat

1e. Deep, Very Light w/Supers: (Everyone)

.. c.S 2H Heavenly

2a. Deep, Heavy or Tall: (Sin, Sol, Ky, Chipp, Potemkin, Axl, Venom, Bedman, Leo, Faust, May, Slayer)

.. c.S 2S 6K HFB, 6K Trisula, Heat Extend

.. c.S 2S 6K HFB, 6K Trisula, j.K jc.H ICPM

2b. Deep, Very Light and Very Tall: (Zato)

.. c.S 2H Heat

3a. Close: (Everyone)

.. c.S 2S Heat

3b. Close, Easier: (Everyone except Bedman)

.. 2P c.S Heat

4a. Far, w/Meter: (Anyone)

.. RRC, 6, 6H HFB, 6K HFB, 6K Trisula, 6K Trisula, j.K jc.H ICPM

4b. Far, Floaty: (Faust, Elphelt, Potemkin, Axl, Ramlethal, Zato)

.. 2K f.S Heat

5a. Very Far, Lighter: (Sin, Millia, Sol, May, Chipp, Slayer, I-No, Venom, Bedman <Faust>, <Elphelt>, <Potemkin>, <Axl>, <Ramlethal>,

.. 5P f.S Heat

5b. Very Far, Fat or Heavier: (Works on everyone except Bedman, but only useful on Ky and Leo)

.. 2P 5P f.S Heat

5a. Very Far, w/Meter: (Anyone)

.. RRC, 6, 6K HFB, 2S 6K HFB, 6K HFB, 6K Heat

.. RRC, 6, (6K HFB)*5, 2S Heat

And here's a handy chart to remember what works on who:

Character   Weight           c.S 2S 6K   5P   2P   2K
Sin:        Heavy                Y        Y    Y    -
Faust:      Light+Fat+Tall       Y        Y    Y    Y
Millia:     V.Light              -        Y    Y    -
Sol:        Heavy                Y        Y    Y    -
Ky:         Heavy                Y        -    Y    -
May:        Light                Y        Y    Y    -
Chipp:      Heavy                Y        Y    Y    -
Elphelt:    Light                -        Y    Y    Y
Potemkin:   V.Heavy+Fat          Y        Y    Y    Y
Slayer:     Light                Y        Y    Y    -
I-No:       V.Light              -        Y    Y    -
Axl:        Heavy+Tall           Y        Y    Y    Y
Ramlethal:  V.Light+Fat          -        Y    Y    Y
Venom:      Heavy                Y        Y    Y    -
Zato:       V.Light+V.Tall       -        -    Y    Y
Bedman:     V.Heavy              Y        Y    -    -
Leo:        Heavy                Y        -    Y    -

Double Heat Knuckle combos work on a few characters in the corner. They're mainly for building up super meter, as they'll get you almost 50% by themselves. They scale damage poorly though, so if you want bigger damage you should RRC an Extend or on the first hit of Heat.

Double Heat Knuckle Combos: (Faust, Sol, Potemkin, Slayer, I-No, Axl)

Heat, Heat Extend

2H Heat, Heat Extend

5K 2H Heat, Heat Extend

Extra Wide Characters: (Faust, Sol, Slayer, Potemkin, Axl)

Heat, 2S Heat Extend

Ultra Fat Characters: (Faust, Potemkin, Axl)

6K Heat, 2S Heat Extend

Hammerfall RRC, Heat, 2S Heat Extend

It seems to be pretty worthless this time around, due to how strong RRC after Heat Extend is, that seems like the way to go, it's easier and you build a lot more meter, and the damage is almost exactly the same.

If you DID cancel it on the first hit (Heat OS attempt or something), best I know of is:

Mid .. Heat(1) RRC, j.S j.H j.41236H

Mid .. Heat(1), 6, 6H Heat Extend (this is character specific I think?)

Corner .. Heat(1) RRC, 4, 6K HFB, 6K HFB, 2S 6K HFB, 6K HFB, 2S Heat Extend

Corner .. Heat(1) RRC, 6, 6H HFB, 6K HFB, 6K HFB, 6K HFB, 2S Heat Extend

The trick to those second two ones there is the same as other combos of this nature, you MUST wait until right before they hit the ground to hit them, otherwise RC proration will effect your combo and you'll lose 20-25% of your damage total.

But if you just want to spend bar for extra damage, you're better off doing these:

Mid .. Heat Extend RRC, sj, j.41236H

Corner .. Heat Extend RRC, 6H Heat Extend RRC

These will build you more meter first, before kicking in tension gain reduction.

Heat(1)>RC> Double Jump forward(to the other side)>2P>c.S>5S>Heat Extend is the only time I RC heat. Naturally this is for when you are in the corner or near the corner. Being able to get out of the corner, put them in the corner, and still get heat extend can definitely be worth the 50 meter.

Against someone like I-no you can skip the 2P and just do c.S>5S.

Corner only:
200 dmg
(Only tested on Sol, because I he's the only training dummy that's reliable for given damage for me.)

632146P>5S>2HS>23626S

with 50% meter, you can do these combo on Sol for more damage(or stun), from corner PB:
PB>c.S>2S>6K>632146HS>41236*2P>5K>2H>Heat>Extend(Best damage)
PB>c.S>2S>6K>632146HS>6H>Heat>Extend(Best Stun-Less input then the above combo)

with 50% meter, you can do these combo on Sol for more damage(or stun), from corner PB:

PB>c.S>2S>6K>632146HS>41236*2P>5K>2H>Heat>Extend(Best damage)

PB>c.S>2S>6K>632146HS>6H>Heat>Extend(Best Stun-Less input then the above combo)

That first one is useful, I guess without the second 6K there's less pushback to make this work on more characters? It also works on: Ky, Venom, Bedman, Leo

And it should work on Slayer, Chipp, and Faust too but you can use the longer version on them.

Second one, it's actually better to do the combo I listed above:

PB, c.S 2S 6K HFB, 6K Giganter, 6H Heat Extend

For some reason this gives a hard knockdown where only using one 6K doesn't?? I don't know, combos are weird. Fun fact, this combo builds about 45% meter so it only costs you 5% to do, awesome.

It's probably worth noting though, that doing this combo:

.. c.S 2S 6K Giganter -> Blit, 5K 2H Heat

Only does about ~10 more damage than doing this one:

.. c.S 2S 6K HFB, 6K Giganter, 6H Heat

And that second one 1) Gives you about ~5% more Tension, 2) Gives you a hard knockdown, 3) Is easier, 4) Works on more characters

So I'll probably stick with the second one for the most part myself.

On the other hand, on the three characters that this version works on (Faust, Slayer, Chipp):

.. c.S 2S 6K HFB, 6K Giganter -> Blit, 5K 2H Heat

This does about ~20 more damage, and gives the same tension gain. So it's pretty good!

Alright, here's a few more juicy bits I missed earlier. Too far from the corner to get free PB combos but got meter burning a hole in your pocket? Well good news, you can do these bad boys from far away:

Far:

.. RRC, 6, 6H HFB, 2S 6K HFB, 6K HFB, 6K HFB, 6K Heat

Even Farther:

.. RRC, 6, 6K HFB, 2S 6K HFB, 6K HFB, 6K Heat

.. RRC, 6, (6K HFB)*5, 2S Heat

Adjust number of 6K reps to your taste.

Kinda useful double-heat combo on Faust:

Corner PB, 2K f.S Heat, Heat Extend

Thanks to his gigantro large hitbox you can land this on him from pretty far away, and it gives you a hard knockdown and 55% meter. It won't work from the absolute max range, but it'll cover a decent part of the midrange.

You can double heat anyone from PB who you'd normally be able to, but it's usually not useful because you are either too far or you are too close and thus could get a better combo.

What are you guys doing after blitz shield?

I'm ground chaining into 5HS > Hammefall (Feint)/Slidehead/FBD(+2). If they are reversal happy I'll backdash > Heat Knuckle > j. S > Pressure/PB etc.

Oh, you can sneak in an extra hit between Double Heat combos on the extra fat characters (Faust, Sol, Slayer, Potemkin, Axl):

Heat, 2S Heat Extend

And on the fattest of the fat you can even do this after an initial hit (Faust, Potemkin, Axl):

6K Heat, 2S Heat Extend

Hammerfall RRC, Heat, 2S Heat Extend

etc.

You don't have to be super close for these but you do have to be a little bit closer than normal.

Worth knowing that Double Heat is mostly just useful for building meter, if you want to go for high damage you should just RRC a Heat Extend.

What are yall doing after heat rc'd before first hit?

Didn't mention it before but you can get extra damage in the corner using 6H instead:

Corner .. Heat(1) RRC, 6, 6H HFB, 6K HFB, 6K HFB, 6K HFB, 2S Heat Extend

Gets you like 30+ more damage. Since there's basically no scaling, it's still worth it to end with a super if you need to finish up the round.

Second one, it's actually better to do the combo I listed above:

PB, c.S 2S 6K HFB, 6K Giganter, 6H Heat Extend

For some reason this gives a hard knockdown where only using one 6K doesn't?? I don't know, combos are weird. Fun fact, this combo builds about 45% meter so it only costs you 5% to do, awesome.

I could be wrong but I believe it is because you added the extra 6k which made it an 11 hit combo instead of 10. I've been messing around with heat extend and the number the combo ends on seems to affect if it is a hard knockdown or not. There is definitely a few exceptions. It might be something else, and just coincidentally work out this way.

An example: c.S>2H>Extend. 6 Hits does not knockdown. 6K>RC>2H>Extend 6hits does not cause hard knockdown. 6K>RC>c.S>2H>Extend 7 hits DOES cause hard knockdown. 5p>RC>2H>Extend 6 hits, does not, but 5p>5p>RC>2H>Extend 7 hits, does cause hard knockdown.

Further example: 2k>2D>RC>6K>HFB>2S>6K>HFB>5H>Extend is 10 hits and does not cause a hard knockdown. Adding a 2P to the beginning of the combo makes it 11 hits and it does knockdown. Same goes for adding just about in normal or jumping normal before it. Even making it 12 hits still lets it cause a hard knockdown. Another example 2S>6K>RC>c.S>2S>6K>RC>6H>Extend is 10 hits and doesn't cause hard knockdown, but put a c.S before it and at 11 hits it does.

I might be way off base but 6 hits and 10 hits never seem to cause hard knockdown after extend. 7,8,11 all seem consistent, 9 in some combos does and in at least one 6k loop i tried did not. Another strange note is 6p>RC>Extend causes hard knockdown, while CH 6p>Extend does not. CH 6P>5H>Extend does not but it is 6 hits, CH 6P>2S>6K>Extend does cause hard knockdown at 7 hits. Same thing happens with CH j.H, if you go CH j.H extends it does not cause hard knockdown.

For CH. 2H>HFB>c.S>5S>Extend will get you hard knockdown where doing 5H>Extend won't, please try to avoid using 5H if you can.

TL:DR; From what I can tell Extend combos ending in 6 or 10 hits never seem to cause hard knockdown. Try to avoid those numbers. Like anything else on Dustloop test this out, only a theory based on my observations.