raekw0n187

[Xrd] Potemkin Combo Thread

I can do 6K loops fairly consistently so let me offer some insight on how to execute them and how to practice the timing.

Improvised guide I typed up on the spot so it'll be messy.

How to do it/Science behind it:

Example combo: 2K > 5S > 2D > RC > (6K > HFB) x 3 > 2S/2H/5H (2H ender doesn't work on Millia)

So during the RC flash and slowdown, the first 6K will be easy to cancel because you're buffering it. After that, the timing gets really strict. You need to have a rhythm down when doing the loop and ideally just want to be able to know when you can cancel into Hammerfall Break (HFB).

IIRC, you have a 3 frame leniency between every 6K to link your next normal. So that means you gotta do 6K > start charging before the animation even comes out > HFB. Be sure you're doing HFB by pressing H + P (at the same time) so you can cancel at the earliest frame. Plinking H ~ P also works too, I personally used to do that until I got the timing down for H + P.

So after the RC this is how your hand should be moving (if you're playing on stick):

RC > 6K during flash for buffer time > move your hand back and start charging > HFB > (Now this is where it gets difficult)... input 6K as soon as you're out of HFB animation (which is 15 frames). Make sure you don't try to start charging too early or else you might get 4K (which comes out as 5K) > start charging > HFB at 30 - 32 frames (so like half a second) > repeat 2 more times > (after the last HFB) > 2H > Heat.

How to practice:

If you're not used to a 6K, do 5K > 2S > 6K > HFB on both the 1P and 2P sides. If you can do this over 90% of the time, you're ready to try the 6K loop.

To practice 6K timing:

Against a standing training dummy, do a raw 6K and try to cancel it into HFB. Keep at it until you're used to charging before the animation comes out and getting a feel for the cancel timing. Take a pause between attempts because trying to go nuts won't help your timing very much. (Don't worry about getting it at the earliest frame get used to cancel window and charging)

Once you get the cancel down, now try to loop it. 6K > HFB > 6K > HFB >... until you push them to the corner. Then try it again to the other direction. (Don't worry about canceling at the earliest frame, this is to help your timing after each HFB and getting used to looping it)

When you're comfortable with the previous step, now try to quicken your timing and try to cancel it as early as you can. If you're late canceling, try to cancel it earlier and earlier each time. If the move isn't coming out, you're trying to cancel it too early or you're not charging it early enough. 

To know if you're canceling early enough, set on forced counter hit, do 6K > HFB > 2K. If it combos, you canceled it correctly and that's the timing you need to aim for.

When trying to practice the wallslam loop do 2D > RC > (6K > HFB) x 3 > 2S > 6K > HFB > 5H > Heat OR 2K > 5S > 2S > 2D > RC > (6K > HFB) x 3.

2D starter is one of the longest 6K combos you can do so if you're doing this consistently, I'm sure you pretty much have the timing down. The previously listed example combo is one of the combos you'll be doing in the corner most of the time. Being able to do both of these consistently shows that you got the combo timing down and should (in theory) be able to do any 6K combo with a buffer for the first 6K.

If your 6K/2S/2H comes out but it doesn't connect, you didn't cancel the 6K early enough or you didn't correctly link after HFB (usually the former).

If 5K comes out after the HFB, you started to charge too early.

If your HFB didn't come out after 6K, you didn't charge it long enough. You either didn't begin charging early enough or you tried canceling too early. Remember, you need to start charging before the animation comes out (which is very difficult so don't give up!)

I use this visual cue to help me know if I did it correctly: when you wall slam after the 6K, there's a smoke/dust cloud coming out of the opponent when they hit the wall. If your HFB is coming out at the exact time you see that animation, you're doing it correctly.

To practice raw 6K loops, go to the corner with the dummy and do HF > RC > walk forward > (6K > HFB) x 3 .... Walking forward will get rid of your free buffer for the first 6K so you can try the loop from there. You could also just set the dummy to jump and try the 6K loop. I suggested the HF combo because ideally that's what you want to do to have more time to confirm if you hit your opponent or not.

If you have any questions, let me know. If I missed anything let me know. When I find out how to keep my recordings from lagging I can post up a video guide later and maybe just make this post a separate thread.

what you can do if you land a dust in the corner? we haven't any better that standard dust combo (5d>j.hs,j.hs>j.s>j.s>ICPM)

If you're close, you can 6D > 6H > HFB > 2S > 6K > HF.

If you hit you dust near max range, you can do 6D > 6H > HFB > 6K > HF.

Note: for the HFB's, you're canceling as early as possible.

@dot_nova the 6K guide is very much appreciated as it really does seem like said corner loops are very integral to his game as it seems like its one of the few things about the character that people are legit scared of.  I'm curious what would be the most efficient way to integrate burst baits into this sequence.

@dot_nova the 6K guide is very much appreciated as it really does seem like said corner loops are very integral to his game as it seems like its one of the few things about the character that people are legit scared of.  I'm curious what would be the most efficient way to integrate burst baits into this sequence.

the best time would be after the first 6K if you're really looking for it. It's difficult to try and YRC OS the whole loop because it's so involving already.

So do the first 6K, then cancel it and wait. Unless I know my opponent has a tendency to burst after I spend meter or it's the combo that will end the match, I would just go through with the whole combo since it costs 50 meter and does a lot of damage.

Thanks a lot, really appreciated. I've gotten the 2S, 6K, HF combo down so ill start working on the stuff you mentioned. Hopefully by May ill be able to perform them consistently.

If you feel like doing hard mode, you can also do Slide Head (shockwave unblockable)> RC > 6K loop x 6 > Heat knuckle.

I find myself doing meaty Slide Head on oki in the corner when I have 50 meter to catch people or do a simple blockstring into Slide Head, then RC'ing it and doing 6K loops, watching my opponent get sad.

I'd need to test more if it's possible to do a 5HS or 2HS after that many 6K loops, as I'm not sure at that many reps.

Also quick practical tip when you screw up a 6K loop and don't want to get into an unfavorable situation : if you mess up at the 2-3rd rep and the proration isn't terrible, you can actually link a 5P > c.S > Heat Knuckle after a non-hammerbreak-canceled-6K.

If you feel like doing hard mode, you can also do Slide Head (shockwave unblockable)> RC > 6K loop x 6 > Heat knuckle.

I find myself doing meaty Slide Head on oki in the corner when I have 50 meter to catch people or do a simple blockstring into Slide Head, then RC'ing it and doing 6K loops, watching my opponent get sad.

I'd need to test more if it's possible to do a 5HS or 2HS after that many 6K loops, as I'm not sure at that many reps.

Also quick practical tip when you screw up a 6K loop and don't want to get into an unfavorable situation : if you mess up at the 2-3rd rep and the proration isn't terrible, you can actually link a 5P > c.S > Heat Knuckle after a non-hammerbreak-canceled-6K.

If they don't, try 2S and see if that works. I didn't know you can shove 6 in there, I'll have to try it once I get home.

If they don't, try 2S and see if that works. I didn't know you can shove 6 in there, I'll have to try it once I get home.

I can't seem to get the sixth one to hit. But 2H or 2S work after 5 times.

hey gutabo it's nice to meet a Peruvian potemkin player, add more chompkin bustaaa power to the forum (i am younghou viper player)

i have some question about the recovery after the extend, to me the main key it's the 11 hits, the most of the time (some rare combo exceptions) you get the hard knock down so.

what it's the hard knock down (no meter) combo after a deep potemkin buster in the corner?  can you PB>c.s>2s>(6k>HFB)x3>5hs>heat>knuckle?? (i can't test, my execution suck)

when he can't recover outside of 11 hits?

thanks in advance..

hey gutabo it's nice to meet a Peruvian potemkin player, add more chompkin bustaaa power to the forum (i am younghou viper player)

i have some question about the recovery after the extend, to me the main key it's the 11 hits, the most of the time (some rare combo exceptions) you get the hard knock down so.

what it's the hard knock down (no meter) combo after a deep potemkin buster in the corner?  can you PB>c.s>2s>(6k>HFB)x3>5hs>heat>knuckle?? (i can't test, my execution suck)

when he can't recover outside of 11 hits?

thanks in advance..

Against characters medium to heavy weight, it's PB > c.S > 2S > (6K > HFB) x3 > 2S > heat extend. There's not enough time to do 5H at the end of the combo.

Meterless 6K loop in corner will also work on May despite her light weight. Against her and Faust, the 2S won't work at the end of the combo because their bodies are too high and are weirdly positioned so you'll have to omit it for just heat extend (no hard knockdown, 10 hits).

Otherwise, c.S > 2S, c.S > 2S > 6K, and (against certain characters), 2K > 5S > heat will also work.

Against Faust (And maybe Axl and Potemkin) in the corner, you can do c.S > 2S > 6K > heat > link another heat > heat extend. 

Some 1.1 combos FAB used from a recent Mikado 3v3 tournament.

PB>RC>super jump H(on the way down)>c.S>j.P>j.K>dj.S>j.H>ICPM this was against Faust.

ch 6P> j.P>j.K>dj.S>J.H>ICPM against Sol.

ch.6P>j.P>j.K>dj.S>j.H>ICPM against I-no

HF>RC>6H>HFB>6K>HFB>6K>Trishula>6K>Trishula>sj.K>j.H>ICPM against I-no in the corner.

Some odd things. j.P>j.K>dj.K>j.S>ICPM was used against Zato but the ICPM didn't connect. It seems like ICPM is still finicky as far as where they are positioned. Also, against Slayer, FAB does 2H>HFB>sj.P>j.P>ICPM, but the sj.P was blackbeat so I'm not sure if that was real or he just guessed the slayer wasn't teching, I don't think j.P ICPM works but it is odd he used it.

So from my observations, regarding the new 6K combos, after a 2D (.... > 2D > RC) or slidehead, when you're supposed to do 2S to continue the combo you instead do trishula. 

(Note, instead of the ICPM air route, you can also do heat fist > extend or heavenly. It's probably very reliant on how high they were at that point in the combo. It seems more optimal to do air ender though so you can position for trishula > YRC and you're guaranteed a hard knockdown)

So example: 5S > 2S > 2D >  RC > (6K HFB) x2 > 6K > trishula > 6K > trishula > j.K > jump cancel > j.H > ICPM

With combos with HF enders or Pot Buster in the corner, it looks like ...> RC > 6H > HFB > 6K > HFB > 6K > trishula > ...etc

After counter hit flick you do 6K > 6K > trishula > etc...

Against heavier characters on which Pot Buster > c.S > 2S > 6K works, you can do ...Pot buster > c.S > 2S > (6K HFB) x 2 > 6K > trishula > j.K > jump cancel > j.H > ICPM

Because 5P is level 1, if c.S won't reach in the corner after pot buster you can do 2P > 5P > f.S > heat.

After trishula, you can do gigantor + followup to finish opponent, afterwards you can do c.S > etc. It's probably height dependent and weight dependent.

I'll test these when I can, I don't access to a console but I'll eventually find out or someone else can :)

So example: 5S > 2S > 2D >  RC > (6K HFB) x2 > 6K > trishula > 6K > trishula > j.K > jump cancel > j.H > ICPM

Having issues with this one. If you only do 2 6Ks then the j.K>jump cancel>j.H>ICPM works fine. With three 6Ks the j.K doesn't reach from my experience, but this might be character specific or I might just be executing it wrong.

Same goes with like 2D>RC>6K loops. 3 reps before trishula>6k>trishula and j.K works no problem, but 4 reps and I am unable to get the j.K to connect, or against some characters I can't even get the 6K after the first trishula to connect.

For 6D corner combos. 6D>(6H>HFB x 2)>2S>6K>HFB>6K>Gigantor>6H>HFB>6K>Heat Extend stuns Zato and Chipp gets stunned right at Gigantor.

After 5D we can do j.H>j>H>j.K>j.cancel>j.S>j.H>ICPM for very little damage gain over the old 5D combo route, though it does travel farther.

5D>j.H>j.H>j.S>j.P>j.K>jump cancel>j.S>j.H>ICPM works on Chipp, haven't found anyone else yet.

Having issues with this one. If you only do 2 6Ks then the j.K>jump cancel>j.H>ICPM works fine. With three 6Ks the j.K doesn't reach from my experience, but this might be character specific or I might just be executing it wrong.

Same goes with like 2D>RC>6K loops. 3 reps before trishula>6k>trishula and j.K works no problem, but 4 reps and I am unable to get the j.K to connect, or against some characters I can't even get the 6K after the first trishula to connect.

For 6D corner combos. 6D>(6H>HFB x 2)>2S>6K>HF>6K>Gigantor>6H>HFB>6K>Heat Extend stuns Zato and Chipp gets stunned right at Gigantor.

hmmm, it's either weight specific or I guess 3 is too many if you plan on doing double trishula. Can you see if heat fist works after the double trishula instead? It probably won't be hard knockdown anymore at that point. I've seen FAB do something similar to that.

2D starter, I've never been able to get a 2S to work after 4 6K's so 4 is probably pushing it.

Is the 6D combo meterless aside from gigantor? I don't see how 6K > HF > 6K works.

Does anyone remember that one combo gif where Potemkin did like 6D into like 5 6H's with gigantor?

hmmm, it's either weight specific or I guess 3 is too many if you plan on doing double trishula. Can you see if heat fist works after the double trishula instead? It probably won't be hard knockdown anymore at that point. I've seen FAB do something similar to that.

2D starter, I've never been able to get a 2S to work after 4 6K's so 4 is probably pushing it.

Is the 6D combo meterless aside from gigantor? I don't see how 6K > HF > 6K works.

Does anyone remember that one combo gif where Potemkin did like 6D into like 5 6H's with gigantor?

For c.S>2S>2D>RC>6K 3 reps into trishula>6k>trishula>Heat works on Faust. I haven't been able to connect it on 6 other characters I tried. They are really high up after the second trishula and because the untech time is so short they don't fall very far.

For the 6D combo 6K>HF>6K was a typo, it was suppose to be HFB, I have edited to reflect that. For meterless you can omit the Gigantor for trishula>heat extend. I haven't been able to get another 6K after the trishula in the combo but I will keep trying different characters later.

I have updated the list of corner PB combos in it's post here: http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php/topic/9851-xrd-potemkin-combo-thread/#entry873232

Includes 5P starters and who they work on, and also 2P 5P f.S starters. Also a bunch of new routes using Trisula and ICPM. There are a bunch of other metered options I still need to play with though.

So in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCE92KhMkMw at 1:06:11 Fab hits sol with a HF which he RCs, but instead of doing c.S, 2.S, heat knuckle, he does c.S, f.S, j.c, j.p, j.k, j.s(there might have been a j.c before this, not sure), j.hs ICPM. So my question is, does anyone know if this works on the entire cast? Because getting a knockdown on the entire cast off an RCed HF would be delicious.

Yeah those work on everyone, but you have to be pretty deep on most characters to do it. You also have to adjust based on weight so like for example on Elphelt it's easier to do c.s f.S > sjc.P j.K j.S ICPM

Couple extras, on Potemkin you can get these extra reps:

Corner PB, c.S 2S 6K HFB, 6K Trisula, 6K Trisula, j.K jc.H ICPM

Similarly on regular combos you can do dumb stuff like this to him:

2K 2D RRC, 6K HFB, 6K HFB, 6K Trisula, 6K Trisula, 6K Trisula, Heat Extend

i have troubles to figure out what combo use against millia and i-no  on 2d>RC or slide head>RC(and some times vs ramlethal) looks like every new trishura loop won't work, in some way (they recovery in the mid or your j.k don't connect)
help :(

i have troubles to figure out what combo use against millia and i-no  on 2d>RC or slide head>RC(and some times vs ramlethal) looks like every new trishura loop won't work, in some way (they recovery in the mid or your j.k don't connect)

Girls in the game are lightweight making the standard trishula combo not work. What's the combo that's whiffing and when you say mid, when's mid? 

Use this variation:

2K f.S 2D RRC, 6K HFB, 6K Trisula, 6K Trisula, j.K jc.H ICPM

This combo works on everyone except the superheavy weights and is very reliable. Important notes:

- Delay your first 6K to let them fall as much as possible before you continue your combo, this helps keep them low enough to finish the combo with.

- j.K hits way the heck higher up than it looks like, so even on character's like I-No where it looks like it won't work, it will.

- On 3 or more hit starters (like above) you only get 2 reps of 6K before the first Trisula. On 1 or 2 hits, you get 3 (such as Slidehead or CH FDB).

- As with all Trisula loops, you don't want to Trisula ASAP, let Potemkin continue to slide forward a bit before you start Trisula.

On Mid Height starts on lightweights you aren't going to be able to do this, like for example off CH FBD on I-No it'll miss because she's too high. You can improvise with just 6K reps instead, or do variations like this:

CH FDB, 6K HFB, 6K HFB, 2S 6K Trisula, j.K j.H ICPM

or if you are deep enough to connect it:

CH FDB, 6K Trisula, 6K Trisula, j.K j.H ICPM

Off High Height starts you can just raw 6K loop as hard as possible.

Nice damage 5k combo been using.

5k, cS, 2h, hfb, sj.p, j.k, j.s, ICPM    183

Adjust after hfb for various weights.

Nice damage 5k combo been using.

5k, cS, 2h, hfb, sj.p, j.k, j.s, ICPM    183

Adjust after hfb for various weights.

Don't think this combo is practical, maybe only work with point blank 5K, and character specific. The pushback is too much

5K>2H>HFB>air combo maybe more practical though