raekw0n187

[Xrd] Potemkin Combo Thread

Definitely distance-based, if you can recognize the positioning right away you can pull off combos like that.

Can also try to confirm into this combo off a successful blitz (really free if they have no meter)

Speaking of a blitz confirm, you can also try starting with 2H > HFB after waiting as long as possible to try and bait a mistimed blitz shield.

If you confirm it's CH, you can do a midscreen stun combo or at least get more damage in with an alternative ICPM combo since they fall right in front of you.

If it's not CH, you can go into the air combo listed above.

Quick question:

Do you guys let the stick return to neutral between HFB and 6k?

I do, but I'm wondering if it's a habit I should get out of.

Quick question:

I think it's best to keep it at 6 then press K than immediately return stick to 4/1. Returning to neutral after HFB make you have to push stick to 6 to perform 6K(1 more hand action)

But just do what you're familiar with, if you're doing 6K loop fine with that way, just keep doing it

Quick question:

That's what I do to help me keep rhythm. If it works for you then I don't see a reason to stop.

What route do you take to get ICPM ender on Potemkin in the corner? He's really heavy so after the reps into trishula, I opt for 5HS > heat extend and then catch his tech with f.S or just back off and then keep him in the corner.

Also, hammerfall > RC > c.S > f.S > air stuff to icpm seems really character specific. Anyone have any idea what characters this route works on? (I know it works on Elphelt). Which routes are there on other characters based on weights and hitboxes? I would lab but no console :/

I have the same question about ICPM conversions after CH 6P too. All these combos seem really specific to each character rather than just their weights.

With hammerfall RC route, try doing double trisula combo on the char that c.S>f.S>air stuff doesn't work(mostly women). I believe it's more optimized.
With 6P CH, i'd rather go with guaranteed damage and meter(6P and 5H's damage is increased in 1.1) than risking doing un-guaranteed air things then got punished for blocked ICPM.
But in my experience, when 6P CH opponent at air dash height (same height as potemkin's head or below) it's safer to go with Heat stuff. And with higher height (thiings like May's j2H above your head) going into air combo is probably safe.

With hammerfall RC route, try doing double trisula combo on the char that c.S>f.S>air stuff doesn't work(mostly women). I believe it's more optimized.

With 6P CH, i'd rather go with guaranteed damage and meter(6P and 5H's damage is increased in 1.1) than risking doing un-guaranteed air things then got punished for blocked ICPM.

But in my experience, when 6P CH opponent at air dash height (same height as potemkin's head or below) it's safer to go with Heat stuff. And with higher height (thiings like May's j2H above your head) going into air combo is probably safe.

Are you sure double trishula works? I've tried it on normal hit and they fall too quickly.

In the few times I've been able to lab at casuals I see ICPM route doing more damage than heat fist and gives oki. In a lot of MUs I would rather learn the specific situations instead of defaulting to blowing them across the screen.

I've had moderate success doing ICPM combos midscreen. I just would like to know if someone has specific things to know about height/hitboxes/weight so I know which route to try to go for. Like, if they're too far in front I have no choice but to use heat fist. But if they're right above me, which ICPM air combo should I take depending on height/hitboxes/weight? I can only play so often before my next major so I'd like to know :(.

What route do you take to get ICPM ender on Potemkin in the corner? He's really heavy so after the reps into trishula, I opt for 5HS > heat extend and then catch his tech with f.S or just back off and then keep him in the corner.

The problem is you are not repping trishula enough. Pot is a big boy.

A few Pot only corner combos:

2K>2D>RC>6K>Trishula>6K>Trishula>6K>Trishula>j.k>JC>j.H>ICPM

2K>2D>RC>6K>Trishula>6K>Trishula>6K>Trishula>6K>Trishula>Heat Extend

2D>RC>6K>HFB>6K>Trishula>6K>Trishula>6K>Trishula>j.K>JC>j.H>ICPM

2D>RC>6K>HFB>(6K>trishulax4)>Heat Extend

Slide Head>RC>6K>HFB>(6K>trishulax3)>j.K>JC>j.H>ICPM

C.S>2S>6K>HF>RC>6H>2S>6K>HFB>6K>Trishula>J.H>ICPM 

Trishula>6K>Trishula>6K>Trishula>6K>Trishula>j.K>JC>j>H (Maybe they tried to mash on your YRC Trishula, other that than this seems pretty worthless)

Basically after the first 6K>Trishula you can pin Pot at almost the exact location he was because of how big and heavy he is which allows the 4 Trishula loops, and doing 3 loops allows Pot to get high enough that the ICPM ender doesn't whiff over him.

As far as the ICPM midscreen. I will try to do some testing, but every time I try it feels so inconsistent based on how far they are when Hammerfall>RC hits and what characters. For CH 6P I find j.S>j.H>ICPM works pretty well, but you are giving up around 20 to 30 damage.

Blugh. I still can't do 6K HFB 6K for the life of me. But at least if you're closer to the corner you can just go right into Trishula looping without a HFB. It's not a COMPLETE loss.

In the corner, can you always end with jK JC jH ICPM? Or will different combos and/or character require you to do something differently, such as jK jS ICPM?

Blugh. I still can't do 6K HFB 6K for the life of me. But at least if you're closer to the corner you can just go right into Trishula looping without a HFB. It's not a COMPLETE loss.

In the corner, can you always end with jK JC jH ICPM? Or will different combos and/or character require you to do something differently, such as jK jS ICPM?

It should work on every character as long as you don't put so much into your combo that they tech midway. Also, they need to at the certain height to make j.H into ICPM consistent because if they're low they can tech before ICPM hits.

It should work on every character as long as you don't put so much into your combo that they tech midway. Also, they need to at the certain height to make j.H into ICPM consistent because if they're low they can tech before ICPM hits.

Yeah, I was experimenting last night and I think I have a better idea of what combos I can do it with and which ones I can't. So I found things like...

buster (corner) > cS > 2S > 6K > trishula

doesn't seem to allow you to follow with an air combo into ICPM in any way, shape, or form, however...

buster (slightly further from corner) > RC > 6K > trishula > 6K > trishula

allows you to follow up with jK JC jC ICPM.

Proration is weird.

Also I swear the thing I have the hardest time with - well, outside of HFB - is the jump into jK after trishula, heh. Sometimes when I'm feeling unsure of myself I just end my combo with 6K > heat

Holy crap I seem to suddenly be able to do 6K and 6H HFBs reliably. This is a watershed moment in my life guys.

Now to learn the actual combos.

Holy crap I seem to suddenly be able to do 6K and 6H HFBs reliably. This is a watershed moment in my life guys.

Now to learn the actual combos.

Nice, hopefully my watershed moment is coming soon, although I can't lie I haven't been practicing as much as I should lately.

But good shit bro.

Nice, hopefully my watershed moment is coming soon, although I can't lie I haven't been practicing as much as I should lately.

But good shit bro.

I dunno if you're talking about learning those cancels yourself, but if you are, I figured some things out.

For 6K, as far as simply cancelling into hammerfall goes, you have all freaking day. Like, you can experiment with 6K into megafist. You can do megafist long after the 6K actually hits the opponent. Mess around with that to get a feel of how cancellable 6K is. Then, when you're first starting off with trying to do hammer fall, just do hammer fall whenever, without worrying about doing it as soon as possible. Once you get a feel for that down, THEN start dialing back the timing until it seems like you're doing it as early as possible.

For 6H, I actually discovered a handy visual indicator for your timing. When he thrusts his fists forward, he lifts one of his legs into the air behind him. Watch that leg. After you hit the opponent, just a short moment after the hitstop ends, you should see that leg kinda "jerk" up and back down, before he actually starts recovering from the move. That appears to be a pretty solid visual indication of when 6H's cancellable frames end. So, you should be pressing HS for hammer fall right when he jerks his leg, or perhaps just a tiny bit sooner.

Hopefully that helps somebody. It helped me.

So i just realised that i dont know what is optimal 6hs->hfb->xxxx combo against pot or bedman in corner without meter. I can't seem to get 2s or 6k to hit after hfb (am i just missing some 1 frame accurate stuff here?).  You can do 5s-2s-6k->stuff if you are really close after the hfb, but most of time you are not in the range to do that.   So what to do, any ideas?

Starter combos of course, as HF rc 6HS would bring you close enough to get 2s/6k after HFB.

If that's a stun ( mean you can jump at them point blank ) 6H>Trisula is the best thing you can do. If not point blank, i'm pretty sure you just can 6H>HFB>f.S>2S>Heat. Pot and Be are too heavy for 2S

Kinda sad if you cant get better than that :/, 280~ dmg down to 200~, unless you get that lucky good stun and can do that 6hs->trishula. Oh well atleast pote always has meter so we can just do gigantor routes then.

Kinda sad if you cant get better than that :/, 280~ dmg down to 200~, unless you get that lucky good stun and can do that 6hs->trishula. Oh well atleast pote always has meter so we can just do gigantor routes then.

6H>Trish against Pot has almost the same effective range as 6H>HFB>2S>6K thanks to Pot's giant hands. You can get 281 damage off 6h>Trish loops with no meter against the highest defense character. If for some reason you have them cornered and don't think you can 6H>Trish you can go for 6H>HFB>2H>Heat>Heat>Extend since you can double heat Pot in the corner to build meter and hard knockdown. Or you can do 6H>HFB>2H>HFB>superjump j P>j.P>j.K>ICPM though I wouldn't advise it unless you really want Trish YRC setup.

Edited by Red Star

6H>Trish against Pot has almost the same effective range ........

Should have made it more clear at that point that bedman is more of an problem than pote, as like you said 6hs->trishula hits quite far away. Bedman still manages to evade the real soviet damage from 6hs->hfb->xxx