raekw0n187

[Xrd] Potemkin Combo Thread

Should have made it more clear at that point that bedman is more of an problem than pote, as like you said 6hs->trishula hits quite far away. Bedman still manages to evade the real soviet damage from 6hs->hfb->xxx

That is true for some reason Pot's fingers gets to count as a hurtbox but Bedman's giant bed head doesn't. 6H> HFB>2H>double heat>extend is probably the best route. You can land 6H>HFB>f.S>2S>6K>Trish but you need to be pretty damn close to Bedman and is still doesn't feel that reliable. Just doing straight Trish into loops is probably the easiest thing to do and lands about the same damage as a 6H starter combo against Bedman and you can end with ICPM. 

Some Forward Dust ICPM combos by Consomme

Corner:
2H > 6H > Trishula > 6K > Trishula > j.K > jc.H > ICPM
SO KY AX VE ZA CH SL SI LE JO

2H > delay 6H > Trishula > 6K > Trishula > j.K > jc.H > ICPM
FA

Other characters:
2H > 6H > Trishula...

May: sj.K > ICPM
Millia: sj.K > j.S > ICPM
Potemkin: j.K > j.S > ICPM
I-No: j.K > ICPM
Jack-O: sj.K > j.S > j.H > ICPM

Midscreen:
2H > 6H > Trishula...

Sol, I-No: j.K > ICPM
May: sj.K > ICPM
Millia, Elphelt: sj.K > j.S > ICPM
Potemkin: j.K > j.S > ICPM
Faust, Axl, Slayer, Jack-O: sj.K > j.S > j.H > ICPM

https://twitter.com/consomme0914/status/636410244424339456
https://twitter.com/consomme0914/status/636410819970904064
https://twitter.com/consomme0914/status/636411524291031040
https://twitter.com/consomme0914/status/636411844786126848

Edited by Circuitous

Is there any reason to use the original 6k-loops over the 1.1 trishula versions? I'm trying to practice the originals and it feels like way more work for less damage overall.

6k into trishura combos are char specific, depends of the weight of the characters and the way you started the combo. the most of the time, trishula>6k loops are just better than 6k raw loops, but in some scenarios you should use raw 6k loops (ex : when you land a 6p (CH) or a j.hs(CH) in the corner). anyway i think you should be able to do both of them on training.  

Is there any reason to use the original 6k-loops over the 1.1 trishula versions? I'm trying to practice the originals and it feels like way more work for less damage overall.

there's no reason. 6K> trishula does much more damage than 1.0 combos.

You'll still have situations where you catch them in the in the air and the corner with a CH and do 4-5 6Ks because they'll be high in the air and you'll be unable to loop trishula. However, instead of cancelling the last one into HFB > 2S/2H, just opt for trishula into heat, j.K > j.H > ICPM, super, etc.

In the previously mentioned situations, you can also just opt into .... (6K > HFB) x2 > 5HS [you can omit the 5HS if you're not comfortable with the break]  > gigantor > 6H > HFB > 6K > delay trishula > heat extend. Opting for this costs 50 meter and will cost you a knockdown but it builds a lot of stun and it's much easier than the original combo.

i saw FAB match against leo player and he do the next combo:

PB>RC>walk a bit)j.s>5s>super jump>(j.p>j.k)x2>jc.s>j.hs>ICPM.  (source: ww.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaxm7ELMJYI&t=24m43s )

I realize that is a jump install combo, so do you have to buffer up in some combo's move to get the extra jump, but i don't know how he do that, someone know how to do it?. thanks in advance 

Edited by younghou

i saw FAB match against leo player and he do the next combo:

PB>RC>walk a bit)j.s>5s>super jump>(j.p>j.k)x2>jc.s>j.hs>ICPM.  (source: ww.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaxm7ELMJYI&t=24m43s )

I realize that is a jump inustall combo, so do you have to buffer up in some combo's move to get the extra jump, but i don't know how he do that, someone know how to do it?. thanks in advance

I'm not sure if this is the proper way to do it - but in Xrd at least, you can jump install and then super jump off the same normal. So you should be able to do that combo by doing j.S>c.S>8>28>sj.P>sj.K>etc.

I'm trying to pick up Pot but I can't play him without feeling like a fraud still because I can't do raw 6K loops.

I can't get 6H > HFB >  2S on Sol. I get the HF, but I just don't seem to have enough time to 2S after. I'm guessing my HFB is probably too slow? How quickly do you hit the P to HFB after HF?

Can you cancel raw 6K into HF as quickly as a 6K chained from 2S? Or in other words, are you delaying your cancel slightly for charge when you do raw 6K loops?

First question: you can press HS and P at the same time to get the fastest HFB, input 6H>46H+P. Remember to not doing the hammerfall too soon or it'll be overlapped by hitstop
Second question: technically yes, but with 2S>6K you have hitstop to deal with the charge so it's significant easier. For raw 6K>HFB>6K, actually you don't need to do it frame perfect. IIRC, 6K has 36F wallstick and 15F hitstop - not to mention 8F active in case you don't hit it point blank. 6K's startup is 16F, minimum charge time is 30F. So you have like total 4-5F leniency for the HFB AND the 6K link after that (without untechable decay), so if you do the HFB part perfectly- you'll have 3-4F for the 6K link. You can use the hitstop spark as a visual cue

Edit: All calculations are done without 3F buffer

Also if you're just starting out with Potemkin do not focus TOO much on 6K loops. They're very important, but don't spend more than an hour a day. Also if you go a couple pages back (I think 3) Dot_nova posted a guide to 6K loops that while they're easier now,  is still pretty much on point.

On 7/21/2015, 6:26:17, younghou said:

hey guys. i create a compilation of combos/matchups/mix ups for potemkin on evernote maybe that help us: (sorry about my english, i am not a native user).

https://www.evernote.com/pub/jovenhou/potemkin

pd: if you think something it's wrong tell me to edit the specific document.

If you don't mind, I'm gonna try my hand at putting together Potemkin Tutorial videos and I'll be using some of your information as a reference and will credit you etc. Is that alright?

not problem miracleknight, anyway i need help to improve the combos and specific match ups. maybe dot nova and flick can help reading that evernote document, i will appreciate it. and remember i am not a native english speaker so excuse my bad grammar.

On 1/29/2016 at 8:21 PM, This Man said:

Did you guys see this? Sick.

Megafist wiff combos only work on these guys: Faust, Millia, Sol, Chipp, Slayer, Venom

Don't know about the new cast members yet.

A 'safe' combo that works on everyone and gives hard knockdown is just: CH 6P Heat(1) RRC, sj over, c.S Heat Extend.

You can do some ICPM combos instead but they are very character specific.

Against May, Ky, Potemkin, Axl, Leo and Bedman you can : CH 6P>Heat(1)>RRC,sj over, 5K>2S>6K>HFB>6K>Trish>j.K>dj.H>ICPM.  This is with Potemkin's back against the corner to start.

You can use c.S instead of 5K but the timing was a lot harder, for me at least. You do get better damage though if you use c.S.

That combo works on Zato too, but much like May it's extremely fidgety and you have to wait until the last moment to get their hitbox low even.

Here's something else clever you can do:

CH 6P, f.S/5H Heat(2), sj |> c.S f.S Heat Extend

CH 6P, Heat(2), sj |> 5P c.S f.S Heat Extend

That gets you 10 hits for a hard knockdown and a fair bit more damage than the other safe version.

the combos i try to use. the ICPM combos are hard but i think are the optimal because give you the chance to trishula okizeme them. (let me know if you knew something better)

(you cornered) 6p(CH)>HT>RC>sj>2hs>HTe.(Elphelt)
(you cornered) 6p(CH)>HT>RC>sj>2hs>HFb>sj.p>j.k>ICPM. (I-no, Ramlethal)
 (you cornered) 6p(CH)>HT>RC>sj>2hs>HFb>sj.p>j.k>j.s>ICPM. (Zato) 
(you cornered) 6p(CH)>HT>RC>sj>5s>2s>6k>HFb>6k>Trishula>j.k>jc.hs>ICPM. (Ky, Sin, May, Bedman, Leo, Potemkin, Axl)
(you cornered) 6p(CH)>HT>RC>mega fist>walk under>5s>2s>6k>HFb>6k>Trishula>j.k>jc.hs>ICPM. (Sol, Chipp, Slayer, Venom)
(you cornered) 6p(CH)>f.s/5hs(depending of the high)>HT>RC>mega fist>walk under>2s>6k>HFb>6k>Trishula>j.k>jc.hs>ICPM.(Millia)
(you cornered) 6p(CH)>HT>RC>mega fist>walk under>2s>(6k>Trishula)x2>j.k>jc.hs>ICPM.(Faust)

PD: thanks you to  ZoKHiZ for report a misinformation i post(Potemkin, Axl combo now is fixed with the right info). 

So in Rev. 6D>2H>2H>6H>Trish>6H>HFB>6K>Giganter>6H 100% stuns Sol in the corner. Does like 220 or something damage. I need to rewatch FABs videos I don't remember what he has been doing with the new Dust in the midscreen area.

At midscreen 5D6 is a little touchy since you have to get them to roll into the corner to get the pickup. But from a little closer than starting position you can just do something like:

c.S 2S 6K RRC 5D6, 2H 2H 6H Heat Extend, it's a really solid way to get them to the corner with a good knockdown.

BTW for anyone wondering about weight/hitboxes for the new characters so far:

Character  c.S 2S 6K   5P   2P   2K
Johnny:        Y        -    Y    Y
Jacko:         -        Y    Y    -
Jam:           Y        Y    Y    -

Johnny has a very jank hitbox/weight combo that makes stuff tricky on him. Jacko is a typical lightweight so all your normal lightweight stuff works on her. Jam is both lightweight and has a terrible hitbox so you can actually do most light AND mid weight combos on her.

I need to finish fleshing out my Rev combos still, most of them are the same but the new 5D6 options are a pretty significant change.

FAB auto-dizzy combo as an example off CH FDB:

CH FDB, HFB, 5D 6, 2H 2H HFB, 6H Trisula, 6K Giganter, 6H HFB ...

Johnny and Kum can both get hit by three trishula loops(6K>Trishx3) like Pot. Kum it feels harder on than Johnny. Kum also seems to have the issue like Bedman where you can't 6H>2S in the corner. If you are right next to him directly in the corner you can do 6H>Trish into loops. Outside of the you can get 6H>HFB>f.S>Heat>Heat>Extend since Kum can be double heated, and it builds pretty good meter.

On 19/7/2016 at 1:38 AM, ZoKHiZ said:

So after the patch we can get 6k loops on zato and elphelt from corner buster!!!

Im new on the game, did you have a video?

8 hours ago, wenzel said:

Im new on the game, did you have a video?

No since i cannot capture video from ps, but its the basic buster combo in corner:   PB>c5s>2s>6k>hfb 1-4x >trishula jk jc jhs icpm