Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaiAndOh

[Xrd] Venom Combo Thread - 1.1 Update Pending

Actually yeah I got to practice and I guess I was overestimating the j.S hitstop.  Got the IAD 100% by mashing j.H after j.S rather than trying to time it lol.

That said the IAD string off Carcass seems really tight on Bedman since he's so heavy, the j.D otgs.  I'd probably still prefer the throw > Carcass variant against the big fat characters like Pot and Bedman.

Actually yeah I got to practice and I guess I was overestimating the j.S hitstop.  Got the IAD 100% by mashing j.H after j.S rather than trying to time it lol.

That said the IAD string off Carcass seems really tight on Bedman since he's so heavy, the j.D otgs.  I'd probably still prefer the throw > Carcass variant against the big fat characters like Pot and Bedman.

I haven't tried on Bedman yet because no one plays him, rofl. The only character I have experience playing with & have problems on is Chipp. For some reason he falls too quickly and jD keeps hitting OTG, really annoying.

I think it's weight + hitbox, since Bedman is both heavy and fat so he both falls faster and has less distance to fall before he touches the ground, compared to Elphelt who is also fat but doesn't fall as fast.

Elph is fat?  Why does stuff drop on her easier than other chars then?  I thought she had a small hitbox like May?

Well, for one other example, Faust's juggle hurtbox is also really fat but it's also a lot higher than other characters. 2D > S carcass raid > 5H combos on every character except for him (afaik) for that reason. Elph might be the same case?

Hey, what combos are people doing on Ramlethal. I swear I feel like I dont get anything on her. Can someone post a combos on ram when she is crouched, and when in the corner. Id really appreciate it. Also, I have another question.. what combo are people doing off an airthrow in the corner at the height where only C.S will reach..?

We

Here is a variation of the Potemkin advanced combo, no IAD needed and works with nearly anything that connects to 5S© also uses carcasride <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrCbHA6nYDg

Startter 2K / air dash J.KSHS / 5K

-> c.S(3hit) 28S 669 j.KSHSD land 669 j.KSHSD land 6HS oki

Does this only work on Pot or on all fatties?

What are our midscreen combo options off of a dust? I can land a lot of dust, but when I do I feel like the damage I get isn't worth it also I get no positional advantage.

Dust is only worth it midscreen if you have a ball out, see what I posted there.

Like you said, no positional advantage from a vertical dust, so it's not used.

The best option off midscreen dust is the one the game teaches you in trial mode i believe.  I am not sure on the damage numbers. Also as for overheads midscreen, learn how to do 2369 s   very close to the ground ; you get probably less overall damage meterless than dust but  it's super important because dust attacks in this game are extra seeable because of the red glow around the character. Besides when you tk madstruggle you are at +7 and you get better setups post combo like ball set teleport air dash/land attack/land tick throw etc 

Utilize all of your options. Easy as dust may be to see hypothetically, it will still work occasionally and damage is damage at the end of the day. TK mad struggle is the better overhead, but it also can't be applied at the same ranges as dust and gives very little damage potential without meter at midscreen.

Yea, of course you have to use Dust too, lol it is a over head option that can be done from a relatively safe distance, and America is still free to 5D (even Japan is sometimes, haha)

What I personally prefer though is doing  corner dust setups, rather than trying at midscreen, if i do it at midscreen it's very rarely, because even though max range 5D is pretty safe, sometimes it ends pressure and you may have to give up neutral , depending on who you are fighting against and the match situation

Yeah, corner dust I feel is more worth it. Giving up Venom's positioning and advantage on hit or block if you're not going to kill is not an option that's worth it at all for me if I can help it.

The best option off midscreen dust is the one the game teaches you in trial mode i believe. I am not sure on the damage numbers. Also as for overheads midscreen, learn how to do 2369 s very close to the ground ; you get probably less overall damage meterless than dust but it's super important because dust attacks in this game are extra seeable because of the red glow around the character. Besides when you tk madstruggle you are at +7 and you get better setups post combo like ball set teleport air dash/land attack/land tick throw etc

I don't need you to tell me about other overhead options because I know all of those.lol not trying to seem rude, but please don't assume I don't know something and just tell me to learn to do it. I appreciate the willingness to help, but just because I dont have like a million post here doesn't mean I need the whole run down. I've been playing venom for a long time now man.lol

I was just curious if anyone had found anything that I'm missing.

Also, I feel it is worth it early on to let people know that you are willing to do it. Same reason people just stick out random shoryukens at the beginning of matches. It's not the fact that the shoryuken will give you advantage or a lot of damage, he'll it might not even hit, but it lets people know you are willing to do it which in turn creates oppertunites to open people up more.

Given how slow and generally reactable Venom's dust is (especially with the new red flash), I find it the opposite - if I use it less, people will be less inclined to see it coming and get hit by it. If people expect dust more, they'll be reacting to it, not anticipating it.

God, I've been working on the fucking c.s (3) > IAD for a solid month now and whether or not i can do it reliably still changes from session to session. Almost 20 hours in training mode on this one combo. Kill me.

I'm delaying it until far into the third strike, doing 866 and everything, but I just can't find the timing on the sweet spot where j.h doesn't whiff and they can't tech out before j.s

So.....what combos are people doing on Ramlethal? :/

Which of the standard combos don't work on Ramlethal?  She seems pretty easy to handle overall.

God, I've been working on the fucking c.s (3) > IAD for a solid month now and whether or not i can do it reliably still changes from session to session. Almost 20 hours in training mode on this one combo. Kill me.

I'm delaying it until far into the third strike, doing 866 and everything, but I just can't find the timing on the sweet spot where j.h doesn't whiff and they can't tech out before j.s

The timing varies depending on the character. I've said this before elsewhere, but IMO the easiest way to do it is to input 8, react to reaching their level, then 66 air chain.

So.....what combos are people doing on Ramlethal? :/

Ram is an oddity because she's a lightweight, and has what I feel to be the smallest hurtbox horizontally while being huge vertically (in the air at least). Most standard combos work on her, but she was definitely one I had trouble with when figuring out combos post K ball oki. In general, for her what I do is keep it simple by either ending in 2D or X QV > 2 ball oki until I land a hit that I know for sure I can capitalize heavily on.

What do you mean react to reaching their level? It feels like waiting until you're actually at their level will make it always drop (at least against a sol dummy. I use Potemkin, Sol, Slayer and May for dummies, and Sol gives me the most trouble doing this combo consistently and I have the other three in muscle memory pretty much) as you fly right over them, and doing it as you're about to meet them is so soon that it feels like I have to buffer the input into my jump but it the buffer doesn't seem to last long enough to actually react.

I don't think you should react so much as you should just learn the character timing.

I think everyone is pretty universal except for Sol, Faust, and Millia. Delay the 66 or the full sequence a bit on those characters.