Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teyah

[Xrd] Millia Combo Discovery Thread

I was watching Nakamura playing against a Axl player (Yosuke), at the end of his corner combos he used pin and used 214S then disc oki.  I'm wondering why he was using 214S on Axl.  I know using pin at the end of corner combos is useful for meaty setups but why would he use 214S after pin.

i have seen this often. 214s knocks down from there. maybe its meaty disc and he wanted to do a chroming rose. also could be some safe option to bait dp.

looking at it it looks like a meaty disc setup maybe?

i have seen this often. 214s knocks down from there. maybe its meaty disc and he wanted to do a chroming rose. also could be some safe option to bait dp.

looking at it it looks like a meaty disc setup

Maybe because with that disc setup, he can place a meaty 2S at a perfect range that can make DP wiff - can u try that for me. I've been experimenting with this for a while but never thought of doing setup like that

Maybe because with that disc setup, he can place a meaty 2S at a perfect range that can make DP wiff - can u try that for me. I've been experimenting with this for a while but never thought of doing setup like that

i can say that will not work on Axl for sure. if he wanted to bait his dp u must jump k him. maybe if we saw the video where u saw it used we could get some more info

I was watching Nakamura playing against a Axl player (Yosuke), at the end of his corner combos he used pin and used 214S then disc oki.  I'm wondering why he was using 214S on Axl.  I know using pin at the end of corner combos is useful for meaty setups but why would he use 214S after pin.

Pin -> Lust Shaker ender is to optimize meter gain and minimize enemy burst gain while doing so.  You actually lose setup time compared to just ending with j.H (no Pin) ender, but the extra ~10% meter gain is meant to make up for it.  Just make sure you don't use this ender after 8-10 seconds of having used a YRC or RC, since the meter gain penalty lasts much longer after the 1.1 patch.

Pin -> Lust Shaker ender is to optimize meter gain and minimize enemy burst gain while doing so.  You actually lose setup time compared to just ending with j.H (no Pin) ender, but the extra ~10% meter gain is meant to make up for it.  Just make sure you don't use this ender after 8-10 seconds of having used a YRC or RC, since the meter gain penalty lasts much longer after the 1.1 patch.

Thank you, that was very informative.  I'll try to use that in my matches.

Fuzzy guard vs Potemkin https://youtu.be/xY1ecQQJBIY

Probably isn't terribly useful considering the difficulty and damage and how she has access to better stuff with tension but this one's for style :E

This was known for a while, however no one really provided pointers for it so here they are:

corner only, faust specific dustloop

tandem top okizeme --> 214P/2D/2369P 6H delay j.S delay j.D delay dj j.D j.D land j.S j.D iadc j.S j.H

1. hit the 6H when Faust is at the apex of the wallbounce (his animation will change)

2. get as much delay as possible for before j.S and the first j.D. this airtime is required for faust to fall enough so that the third j.D is able to land.

if u get this down, you should have a feel for the conditions and height required to go into a dustloop so experiment with other confirms

I made a video and posted tips about the faust dustloop sometime in january in this thread, look back.

also corner disc set backdash 2S j9.D land 6HS(1)(L) j.9pin j.D (hold 4) land 2H {picks up pin} j.S j.D IADF j.S j.HS(2) pin is really good. 

blitz bait and is burst safe at points.

What are some good, consistent routes you guys use for j.H > pin > Secret garden in the corner. I always end up too close for my 2828 setup, and it looks like pin offers a much stronger knockdown than pin > 6H. Got anything I could work with?

What are some good, consistent routes you guys use for j.H > pin > Secret garden in the corner. I always end up too close for my 2828 setup, and it looks like pin offers a much stronger knockdown than pin > 6H. Got anything I could work with?

what for secret garden? or for combos?

garden i use without 6h 1464

with 6h i use 1464

wow i maybe gotta rethink that

for combos its character spec

Any examples of these character specific combos? I'm looking tighten my oki as much as possible, so this would really help out.

so for mid screen to corner pin combos you can actually do something like js jh pin IAD jsd 6h for knockdown or just do an air combo after. it seems really good

dustloop off prorated 236s starter at corner from 6K/2S/5S/etc: j.k j.214s delay j.D dj.D j.D land j.S j.D IADC j.S/P j.D

works on faust pot and axl

pot requires 5k before the j.K

dustloop off prorated 236s starter at corner from 6K/2S/5S/etc: j.k j.214s delay j.D dj.D j.D land j.S j.D IADC j.S/P j.D

works on faust pot and axl

can also confirm works on slayer too, however the spacing requires that the jump cancel be 8 and not 9

also that dustloop for Faust does not require pin assuming not heavilly prorated (6K/2S 236s is OK)

When I do her combo (BNB) with 2H > J.K > J.D into IAD J.S for the J.H, it whiffs on Ramlethal. Is there another combo that I should use for her? 

1 hour ago, JDE said:

When I do her combo (BNB) with 2H > J.K > J.D into IAD J.S for the J.H, it whiffs on Ramlethal. Is there another combo that I should use for her? 

Use the j.KD route if she was already in the air when 2H hits, otherwise use j.KSD > IAD > j.SH.

Coming back to Revelator after being on a SFV binge and I've realized how much better my execution has gotten, and yet I cant seem to get the pin relaunch combo.

Is it because I'm not doing the correct combo based on the weight? Is there no universal midscreen relaunch? I feel like I should know better and be much better than this but I'm not. Its not the execution, its just I dont know where to really find this info.