Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teyah

[Xrd] Millia Combo Discovery Thread

(How many times are we going to have to do this?)

Specific Legend/Notes:

IADF = jump cancel into instant air dash forwards
IADB = jump cancel into instant air dash backwards
r. = running
ndj. = neutral double jump
(j.S) = the move inside the brackets is optional or dependent upon height
j.S(E) = do the move preceding the (E) early or ASAP
j.S(L) = do this move preceding the (L) late
j.H(2) - the number inside of the brackets indicate the number of hits of a multi-hitting attack
j.H = j.H(3) - ...however, for ease of reading, assume all multi-hit attacks hit the maximum number of times unless specifically stated

Into 236S - These combos start from about outside of throw range for the initial high/low into 236S. I won't list any running or point blank normals into 236S since this would be clearly in throw range and wouldn't be very useful for real match situations.

Into 2H - The standard distance I used for this was as follows:
- In the corner: pressing up against the enemy, connecting with 2S 2H into full combo.
- Outside of the corner, pressing up against the enemy, connecting with 2K 5S 2H into full combo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING: Untested combos below!  To be updated and expanded after release.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SIMPLE/UNIVERSAL COMBOS

Ground combo: Into 2H, j.SD, IADF dj.SH
Difficulty:
Notes: (to come)

Into 236H: 236H hits, r.5Sc 2H j.D IADF dj.SH
Relaunch: 5Sc 2H j.SD IADF j.PH(3)
Difficulty:

Into 236S (corner): 236S, 5P j.KD IADF dj.SH
Relaunch: Not possible (?)
Difficulty:

Throw combo: ???
Difficulty:

Dust combo: 5D j.D j.D jf.SH
Difficulty:
Notes: (to come):

Side dust combo: 6H(1) 236S 6H(1) j.SD IADF dj.SH
Difficulty:
Notes: (to come):

CHARACTER SPECIFIC COMBOS

Faust
Ground combo, corner: Anything into 236S, 5H xx 236S, j.K...

More coming soon!

I'll translate the best ones.These can only be performed with opponent in Hellfire state

Corner(100% Tension) 2HS>JK>JS>JD>IADF>JS>JHS>Pin>RC>Activate IK > IK

Midscreen(100% Tension) Throw>RC>Activate IK>Microdash IK

I tried to translate what's on the JP wiki, my Japanese is pretty trash so Im not 100% if I got all of it correct.

Midscreen:

・2K>2S>HS>2D

Universal ground combo
Leads into her Okizeme

Be aware of distance as 2D may not connect at max range.

・2S>2HS>jc>(JK)>JS>JD>jc>Air Dash>JS>JHS

Universal ground to air combo
You can choose to omit the JK after the jump cancel depending on the altitude of you opponent

Quickly inputting 99 after the JD>jc>Air Dash makes it easier (?)

・2S>2HS>hjc.JS>JP>JS>JHS(1)>j.214S>Land>Dash>JK>JS>JD>jc Air Dash>JS>JHS

Pin combo with good corner carry.

Dust Combos:
D>Homing Jump>JD>jc>JD>jc>JD>jc>Air Dash>JS>JHS

Throw Combos:
Throw>RC>Dash>cs.S>2HS>Air combo

If you don't have the meter for the RC, after the throw go for Tandem Top Okizeme instead

Instant Kill Combos:
(100% Tension)Throw>RC>Activate>(Slide?)236236H*

Corner Combos:

•2S>2HS>JK>JS>JD>jc.Air Dash>JS>JHS>2P>cs.S>2HS>JD>jc.Air Dash>JS>JHS

Omit 2P on light characters.

Does not work on Faust

•2S>2HS>(JK>)JS>JD>Air Dash>JS>JHS>j.214S>2HS>JS>JD>jc.Air Dash>JS>JHS

•S>HS>236S>RC>236HS>6HS>jc>236HS Hits>Falling JD>2HS>JD>jc.Air Dash>JS>JHS>j.214S>2HS>JS>JD>jc.Air Dash>JS>JHS

•2S>2HS>JK>JS>JD>jc.Air Dash>JS>JHS>j.214S>RC>236HS>5HS>236HS Hits>2HS>JS>JD>jc.Air Dash>JS>JHS>j.214S>6HS

•S>2HS>JS>JD>jc.Air Dash>JS>JHS>j.214S>Land>6HS>214HS

Secret Garden Okizeme (The JP wiki said this was tentative so it's probably not very good?)   

Corner Throw Combos
•Throw>RC(Slide?)236HS>6HS>236HS Hits>(jc.JD>)2HS>JD>jc.Air Dash>JS>JHS>j.214S>2HS>JS>JD>jc.Air Dash>JS>JHS*

•(Faust Only)Throw>K>JP>JK>JD>jc.Air Dash>JS>JHS

Instant Kill Combos:
(100% Tension)2HS>JK>JS>JD>jc.Air Dash>JS>JHS>j.214S>RC>Activate>236236HS

Notes:

*I have no idea what the ‘Slide’ in a couple of these combos mean. If someone could let me know that would be nice.

Slide probably means minidash. That's the only thing I could imagine for something like throw rc 236h.

Thanks for the writeup, I'll try these out today.

I'm a newbie to GG overall so guide vids are defn welcome ahah.

Waited until a new release before I got my hands dirty, now that Xrd's here I can't wait to go ham :3

What's the best way to confirm off of something like meeting the opponent air to air with a string like (rising) j.k, j.p when both chars are at around the same height?

*) j.k, j.p, j.k, j.d (into rest of bnb) doesn't really work, opponent is too high most of the the time

*) j.k, j.p, j.d doesn't combo

*) j.k, j.p, j.k, iad j.k works but it's incredibly tight, and a j.p, j.h afterwards also drops more often than not due to height

*) best thing i found so far was j.k, j.p, j.k, dj.k, j.p, j.h(1), j.236k, land 236h disc oki, but it feels really trashy :x

Any suggestions?

What's the best way to confirm off of something like meeting the opponent air to air with a string like (rising) j.k, j.p when both chars are at around the same height?

What I found to work was jP jK jD IAD jP/S jH

I've found these work in the corner if you manage to hit with 2D or 6K, at least on Axl/Sol, haven't tried anyone else.

2D -> 236 S -> K -> jK -> jS -> jD -> JC/AD -> jS -> jHS (2 hits) -> 214 S -> 2HS -> jS -> jD -> JC/AD -> jS -> jHS

6K -> 236 S -> K -> jK -> jS -> jD -> JC/AD -> jS -> jHS (2 hits) -> 214 S -> 2HS -> jS -> jD -> JC/AD -> jS -> jHS

anyone find any other IK combos?

I've found a couple practical 50% tension (more like 35% tbh) IK combos that I'm trying to refine before I post, they're a bit too tight to be practical at the moment.

Anyway, IK combos are definitely practical and useful, when facing high defense or Non-Chipp high guts characters. You normally wouldn't be able to kill characters like Sol, Faust, Slayer, Pot, Bedman at their last 15-20% from several common starters, but with IK you can. I'll have more info on this coming soon.

Instant Kill Combos:

(100% Tension)Throw>RC>Activate>(Slide?)236236H*

Extremely tight input might I add the only way i got this to actually connect was to buffer the entire 236236 as 2626H and have the 6buffer the dash with like a very slightly delayed H. I haven't had to use that trick since Haz Hotenjins or Dizzy Necroslide traps.

Corner

Throw>Emerald Rain(236236S)>dash>2HS>JC>JS>JD>IAD>JS>JHS.

I usually end it with oki and depending on your dash, 2HS may catch the opponent on the opposite side creating other options.

or 

(easier)Throw>Emerald Rain(236236S)>dash>JK>JS>JD>JC>JK>JS>JHS.

Corner

Throw > 5S > 236S > jK > jS > jD > IAD > jS > jHS

Good meterless throw combo in the corner.

The timing for the combo is a bit unusual since the Throw > 5S is a strict link.

This combo only works on Sol. Not sure if any other specific hitboxes allow it to work, but it's definitely not universal.