Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teyah

[Xrd] Millia Combo Discovery Thread

Tested. It works fine. But there's zero point in doing it that way. Like someone said in the other thread, throw -> RC, dash IK mode activation, 236236H is much easier. You might not be doing the cancels quick enough, like you should be RCing on the first possible frame of the throw. Visually, you can do it earlier than it looks like you can at first. Then immediately hit all 4 buttons asap. Then buffer a 2626H so you do the microdash immediately after recovering from the IK activation. Someone else already mentioned this a couple posts up I believe.

Also, are you meeting all the other requirements for comboing into IK?

I guess since this is the "combo discovery" thread, I'll try to be on topic. Here's a midscreen relaunch on sol from throw no tension/pin:

throw, K -> JC j.K -> IADC dj.K dj.P dj.H land S 2H -> (j.S) j.D -> IADC dj.S dj.H (101 damage)

and yes, it works. You might want to turbofall after 1 hit of j.H, though. If you know you'll be at the wall by the time you get to the 2nd IADC, omit the (j.S) above, and delay the j.H to hit only once, you can catch with S 2H JC j.S j.D IADC dj.S dj.H afterwards. Adds practically nothing to damage (108).

Excellent! Thank you for the video and the initiative! I finally landed it after seeing it the timing is rough for that particular combo though. I find 

(100% Tension)2HS>JK>JS>JD>jc.Air Dash>JS>JHS>j.214S>RC>Activate>236236HS to be easier.

For those having trouble comboing Venom off of midscreen Badmoon.

tk.236P > Disc hits  > 66 > j.K >  j.P > j.S > j.H 

Nets you halfscreen corner carry, but it's REALLY tight, but I just wanted to show that it is fact not impossible to combo this guy mid screen. Probably good to grind this out.

The j.S after the airdash looks very delayed.

You can probably also delay the j.H after the J.S a bit to further adjust the height.

Can you record what you're doing? Phone camera would be sufficient as long as one can tell what's going on. Would help with diagnosing the problem.

Extremely tight input might I add the only way i got this to actually connect was to buffer the entire 236236 as 2626H and have the 6buffer the dash with like a very slightly delayed H. I haven't had to use that trick since Haz Hotenjins or Dizzy Necroslide traps.

Is there footage or can someone create the combo

(100% Tension)Throw>RC>Activate>(Slide?)236236H.

Even on hit box IK whiffs, I'm just a bit skeptical is all.

A bit late, but if you guys are still having issues with this input can you post here?  I was messing around with this today and was able to do Throw -> RC -> whiff 2K -> 66 PKSH (slide) -> 236236H and the IK still connected, so it seems like there should be at least 14F of leeway in doing it this way.

So not sure if we have a list for IK combos, but one easy confirm is 6K 236S RC IK in the corner. If you already have disc oki and hit with your high/low you can confirm into it as well. Super fun, ez pz.

Not sure what you could do midscreen past grab or a full proper combo, but I'm not worried otherwise.

By the time the instant kill animation is over the enemy has fallen. No matter how early i roman cancel after throw the same thing still happens.

Tested. It works fine. But there's zero point in doing it that way. Like someone said in the other thread, throw -> RC, dash IK mode activation, 236236H is much easier. You might not be doing the cancels quick enough, like you should be RCing on the first possible frame of the throw. Visually, you can do it earlier than it looks like you can at first. Then immediately hit all 4 buttons asap. Then buffer a 2626H so you do the microdash immediately after recovering from the IK activation. Someone else already mentioned this a couple posts up I believe.

Also, are you meeting all the other requirements for comboing into IK?

What are the "other requirements?"

To get the freeze during IK startup, it must be match point (meaning you've already won one round) and you must have 50% tension when entering IK mode. Also the enemy needs to be either below 20% health when the combo starts, or your combo needs to bring them below 10% health.

or your combo needs to bring them below 10% health.

Oh hey I didn't know that part.

Yeah it's like Astral from BlazBlue in a sense, atleast if you want a proper IK. Otherwise it's usually just trolling or meter waste to try anything beforehand.

That and trying to legitimately combo into IK will be a feat in itself.

You'll also know if you have the freeze because the otherwise red 'flames' that exude from your character will be gold in colour.

I tried it. I delay my JS and JHS after airdash, End up the JHS only hit once and Sol falls away from me.

try 5S 2H j.SD IADF j.SH(1) pin 66 2H j,SD IADF j.SH

this one requires no delay but u will need to jump cancel your launcher asap, IAD quick and throw your pin asap.

not sure how much damage difference, will have to check.

----

anyone know a dust combo that is air untechable/does a proper knockdown? or is this impossible due to the height

Mid Screen
5D>9>jK>jD>iad>jK>jH(3)>RC>land>66>9>jK>jS>jD>IAD>jS>jH

you can also insert a pin after jH(3) although it will be a tight transition.

corner
5D>6>6H(2)>236H>5H>214k>2H(2)>JC>jS>jD>IAD>jS>jH(3)

try 5S 2H j.SD IADF j.SH(1) pin 66 2H j,SD IADF j.SH

this one requires no delay but u will need to jump cancel your launcher asap, IAD quick and throw your pin asap.

not sure how much damage difference, will have to check.

----

anyone know a dust combo that is air untechable/does a proper knockdown? or is this impossible due to the height

Also 5D > [9] > j.SD > IAD > j.PH

For now I'm trying to get a better combo out of Dust, but this one always get the knockdown . . . unless you're too far away for the j.S to hit.

For some reason doing the basic BNB of 2H, js, jd, IAD, jS JH doesn't seem to allow j.h to fully connect in the corner. It causes one hit and then knocks down. I haven't tested the meter/damage/oki difference yet but replacing the second jS with jP allows j.H to fully connect.

In the corner? Look, it's not like he can tech out of it because it only hit once. Are you doing the combo off of disc oki in the corner? Omit the first jS. Though, if you take issue with j.H not giving you the damage you want by not hitting enough times in the corner... then why not relaunch them? I assume you are doing this on sol? Sounds like a sol/ino problem(both characters can be made to have the j.H hit only once, and rather simply. I do this on purpose, to maximize damage in relaunches). Relaunching these 2 characters is super easy, just go for it. Delay the H a tiny bit, land into S©2H -> JC jD -> IADC djSH(delay a tiny bit here too). Damage is nice, meter gain is nice, etc. Last delay makes the jH hit closer, netting you a closer knockdown to the opponent. If you are having trouble with the last iad jSH, then do iad j.KPH instead. Mind you, you'll probably be out of auto-YRC range during the actual relaunch cuz' of meter gain. If the relaunch with S©2H is proving too difficult, just use 5K(S©) into jKSD IAD j(K)PH. And just fyi, the higher your opponent is on top of your hair-copter, the more time you'll have to properly execute disc oki.

-But yeah, to go back to your original concern: it's all in the timing of how and when you airdash, and how and when you continue with jSH that can determine how many hits. Like, you can get all 3 hits from the position you are talking about, but you'd have to tighten link from the 2H to the jS, and tighten your gatling from the 2H first j.S to the j.D, then airdash late into immediate j.SH. Presto.

edit: Dirty Magic is correct. The concept is the same as what I said: the back/neutral jump increases the time it takes to reach the opponent with an airdash. Almost the same way a delayed airdash would.

In the corner? Look, it's not like he can tech out of it because it only hit once. Are you doing the combo off of disc oki in the corner? Omit the first jS. Though, if you take issue with j.H not giving you the damage you want by not hitting enough times in the corner... then why not relaunch them? I assume you are doing this on sol? Sounds like a sol/ino problem(both characters can be made to have the j.H hit only once, and rather simply. I do this on purpose, to maximize damage in relaunches). Relaunching these 2 characters is super easy, just go for it. Delay the H a tiny bit, land into S©2H -> JC jD -> IADC djSH(delay a tiny bit here too). Damage is nice, meter gain is nice, etc. Last delay makes the jH hit closer, netting you a closer knockdown to the opponent. If you are having trouble with the last iad jSH, then do iad j.KPH instead. Mind you, you'll probably be out of auto-YRC range during the actual relaunch cuz' of meter gain. If the relaunch with S©2H is proving too difficult, just use 5K(S©) into jKSD IAD j(K)PH. And just fyi, the higher your opponent is on top of your hair-copter, the more time you'll have to properly execute disc oki.

-But yeah, to go back to your original concern: it's all in the timing of how and when you airdash, and how and when you continue with jSH that can determine how many hits. Like, you can get all 3 hits from the position you are talking about, but you'd have to tighten link from the 2H to the jS, and tighten your gatling from the 2H first j.S to the j.D, then airdash late into immediate j.SH. Presto.

Awesome, thanks. I didn't even think about doing a relaunch to be honest. If I relaunch them will I be sacrificing anything besides auto-YRC?

For some reason doing the basic BNB of 2H, js, jd, IAD, jS JH doesn't seem to allow j.h to fully connect in the corner. It causes one hit and then knocks down. I haven't tested the meter/damage/oki difference yet but replacing the second jS with jP allows j.H to fully connect.

Instead of jumping forward try neutral or back. 

Any pointers on the pin combo?

I tried it on Sol and can't get it right once.

Comparing to your video, my pin comes out higher than yours and when Sol gets hit, he just hit the ground before I do.

Are there any normals that i need to delay

sorry I didn't respond earlier but I'll try to go into a little bit more depth: 

1) you want to jump very far towards them a la 2HS j.9S j.D;

2) in general try to IAD immediately after the j.D;

3) after the j.D IAD try to delay the j.S very slightly and then delay the j.HS a lot;

4) throw the pin immediately after the second hit of the j.HS and dash and hit a deep 2HS and complete combo.

this works with pretty similar timing on: Sin, Faust, Millia, Ky, May, Chipp, Elphelt, Slayer, I-No, Axl, Leo and Bedman

for Potemkin delay the j.S after j.D IAD more

for Ramlethal use j.D IAD early j.S slight delay j.HS(2) pin

for Venom and Eddie j.HS(2) is too inconsistent so I just do slight delay j.HS(1) pin

screen is zoomed/stage so small in XRD (plus the fact that you can cancel j.HS into turbofall) that this combo is hardly important, but it's nice that it exists.

also: faust/potemkin easy throw combo and 6K combo

http://youtu.be/kEqPhj52kQA

http://youtu.be/woimk5Z8ZVw