Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teyah

[Xrd] Millia Combo Discovery Thread

Went throughout the cast and found some optimal routes that lead into secret garden setups off of Disc > Badmoon/Iron Saviour 

Ky, Bedman- j.K > j.S > j.D > IAD > j.PP > j.H(2)> j.214S > 6H > 214H

Venom, I-No, Faust, Sin, May, Slayer, Zato, Millia, Chipp, Leo, Sol, Elphelt, Axl, Potemkin, Ramlethal-  j.K > j.S > j.D > IAD > j.S > j.H(2) > j.214S > 6H > 214H

Not much difference in what we do already, but learning Secret Garden setups is something people should probably take note of.

what exactly do you mean by optimal there? using Ky as an example...

your combo: {disc set} badmoon {disc hit} j.K j.S j.D IAD j.PP j.HS(2) j.214S land dash 6HS {214H} does 133 damage (iron savior starter does 149 damage)

more optimal combo example: {disc set} badmoon {disc hit} 6HS(2)(L) 236S j.K j.S j.D IAD j.S j.HS(2) j.214S land dash 6HS(2) {214H} does 165 damage (iron savior starter does 187 damage)

even an easier halfscreen combo like {disc set} badmoon {disc hit} dash 5S 2HS j.D IAD j.S j.HS(2) j.214S land dash 6HS(2) {214H} does 148 damage on Ky

and a simple corner relaunch combo like {disc set} badmoon {disc hit} 2HS j.D IAD j.S j.HS(2)(L) land 5S 2HS j.S j.D IAD j.K j.P j.HS(3) j.214S land dash 6HS(2) {214H} does 157 damage on Ky

as far as I'm concerned the only real character specific knowledge you need for corner pin knockdowns into whatever set-up you want whether it be land backdash secret garden, dash 6HS secret garden, lust shaker pin pickup or chroming rose stuff is what I've listed below...

Character Pin Notes

whatever into j.D IAD j.S j.HS(2) pin knockdown: Sin, Faust, Sol, Ky, Chipp, Potemkin, Slayer, Axl, Venom, Leo, Eddie, Bedman (aka males combo)

whatever into j.D IAD j.S j.HS(3) pin knockdown: Millia, May, Elphelt, I-No, Ramlethal (aka females combo)

whatever into j.D IAD j.K j.P j.HS(3) pin knockdown: Sol, Ky, Venom, Leo, Eddie, Bedman (aka easier/no delays woshige combo)

I guess I could've worded that better. By optimal, I meat getting a guaranteed pin setup every time. I had noticed that some people have trouble with it, so I thought I throw something in here. 

Its also the the Millia player in me thinking that optimal = best setup, damage is secondary in my brain :P Thanks for the pointers though.

I guess I could've worded that better. By optimal, I meat getting a guaranteed pin setup every time. I had noticed that some people have trouble with it, so I thought I throw something in here. 

Its also the the Millia player in me thinking that optimal = best setup, damage is secondary in my brain :P Thanks for the pointers though.

Getting the best knockdown is always the best option . . . unless you can finish the round with the combo.

j.HS > pin > knockdown just has to do with height. knowing how to delay the IAD, j.S and j.HS per character comes with time, but it is also visually confirmable and you can adjust mid combo. besides that, remembering to use 2 hits of j.HS on males and 3 hits of j.HS on females is simple enough. you get the same set-ups, just better damage on every character.

for example: whatever into j.D IAD(E) j.S j.HS(2)(L) pin land dash 6HS Secret Garden works 100% on Sol. however, if you don't want to worry about delays you can just mash IAD j.K j.P j.HS(3) pin etc and it will also work. it's worthwhile to note that j.D IAD j.S j.HS(2) pin knocks down on the female cast as well, but you can get more damage and make set-ups easier by doing j.HS(3) pin.

Getting the best knockdown is always the best option . . . unless you can finish the round with the combo.

best knockdown? we're just talking about character specific secret garden routes. as long as you knock them down with the pin in the corner you can run any set-up you want...

I am not a Millia player or anything, but I've been messing around with all of the characters, and this is very important. Usual relaunch combos (with/without pin) are cool and all, but you should mostly avoid them. A relaunch is going to net you around 20+ points of damage on average, and a little more meter than normal (around 0.25 or so). The bad thing is that you are giving your opponent a lot more burst meter (a full letter), which would almost be the equivalent of you getting them in two subsequent combos.

Did anyone here know you could combo off of 6H without RC? On Ky anyway.. having a hard time trying to replicate this.. No counter hit as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3STICl38KM#t=636

The first hit of 6H is jump cancellable, and provides enough hit-stun to link 6H,jc IAD j.k. The timing is tight, but once you get the hang of it it's a fairly easy confirm.

Yeah I tried it for 10 min straight and couldn't pull it off. Do you have any tips to help with this? Is it anywhere close to doing j.D IADs?

I'm pretty sure you need momentum at the beginning, and it only works on tallish, standing characters. The timing is slightly slower than j.D IAD, but otherwise it's comparable.

Ok, so I just tested it: you don't need momentum, but it /does/ need to be against tall-ish characters (not May or Faust, for example.) The iAD timing is quite slow after 6H(1); just do the move and jump cancel it a few times to get an idea for when you need to start the iAD inupt. After the iAD, j.k should be inputted as soon as possible. It's worth mentioning that mid-screen this will only work from further away - if you're too close when 6H hits, your iAD will sail right over their head. 

Ok, so I just tested it: you don't need momentum, but it /does/ need to be against tall-ish characters (not May or Faust, for example.) The iAD timing is quite slow after 6H(1); just do the move and jump cancel it a few times to get an idea for when you need to start the iAD inupt. After the iAD, j.k should be inputted as soon as possible. It's worth mentioning that mid-screen this will only work from further away - if you're too close when 6H hits, your iAD will sail right over their head. 

As cool as it is to be able to do that I honestly think that it's a little too situational to be able to properly hitconfirm that everytime. I think it's likely still better to just hitconfirm into 6H's second hit and go for roll/dash oki

oh ok. So its not certain combos but rather altering that one part of her basic combo?

Yeah. The 6H is character specific, but is there just to add some damage, with it or without it the knockdown is the same for Secret Garden.

Not true - the 6H gives less knockdown time than just doing a raw pin knockdown after j.H. Raw pin knockdown to SG is positive (~ +5) while pin, 6H xx SG is negative (~ -5). 6H also pushes you out so you may no longer be able to use certain SG setups. Most often, I see top players omit the 6H to get a meatier secret garden.

Not true - the 6H gives less knockdown time than just doing a raw pin knockdown after j.H. Raw pin knockdown to SG is positive (~ +5) while pin, 6H xx SG is negative (~ -5). 6H also pushes you out so you may no longer be able to use certain SG setups. Most often, I see top players omit the 6H to get a meatier secret garden.

Mmm, the less character specific stuff I have to use, the better.

As cool as it is to be able to do that I honestly think that it's a little too situational to be able to properly hitconfirm that everytime. I think it's likely still better to just hitconfirm into 6H's second hit and go for roll/dash oki

*shrug* Satou uses 6H(1) iAD quite liberally, Nakamura/Woshige don't seem to use it as much. I think one advantage is that it will also catch people attempting to jump back, and they can be brought to the ground with j.kph. I don't think it's extraordinarily practical, but it's also not that difficult once you get the hang of it, and has some practical punish applications (e.g. after instant block of 2nd hit of Ky's 236k).

That's my question. I don't know how often you will end up hitting someone with raw 6H. And even then, is the reward really that great?

I use it sometimes, but at max ranges for footsies or randomly for miximng things up (gimmicks).

Done a quick look and there doesn't seem to be any Instant Kill combos while in Chroming Rose posted here, so here's some:

Obviously everything is assuming you have Chroming Rose active and enough meter for IK activation freeze.

Anywhere on screen(including corner):

- TK Bad Moon > IK Activate > IK

- Grab > dash > IK Activate > IK

- 2K > c.S > 2HS > jc > j.S > Bad Moon > IK Activate > IK 

Corner only:

- Iron Savior(any distance) > IAD > j.S > Bad Moon > IK Activate > IK

- 2K > c.S > HS(1 hit) > Iron Savior > IAD > j.S > Bad Moon > IK Activate > IK

- 6K > Iron Savior > IAD > j.S > Bad Moon > IK Activate > IK

- j.S > Bad Moon > IK Activate > IK

You can confirm into IK from almost anything in the corner.

in case anyone was curious, here's the throw combo on sol:https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EFnOg7s4ZN8&x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534#t=11336

died before it ended, but the whole thing would have been:

THROW: 5K -> JC, jK -> IADC, djK (delayed)djP djH land S© 2H -> JC, jS jD -> IADC, djS djH(and turbofall after 1 hit of H if not in the corner).

deep corner [j.HS pin land dash 6HS(2) SG] and [j.HS pin land SG] both have their uses; it depends if you think the opponent will up-back/dp/whatever. also it's important to note that when you do a combo like 2HS j.SD IAD j.SHS(2) pin land SG~1646, the first 2 hits of SG will combo but the last 2 will not. This is due to the orb going offscreen and your proximity to the wall. Nakamura does a set-up like this:

j.HS pin land Secret Garden~1646: backdash {get pin} dash 2K 5D dash 6HS(2) 236HS 2KK {disc hit} 6HS(2) secret garden (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdckTj2mRNg#t=2m16s)

however if you do [j.HS(2) pin dash 6HS(2)] or [backdash] SG~1646 the last two hits will combo if the first do. this leaves you in a position to do meaty 2D/tk badmoon pick up pin into an air combo. additionally, if your combo started farther from the corner you can do 6HS(2) SG~2828.

also finally have this dustloop vs. faust corner combo consistently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB2l-pyL5Xs

the only tips I can give are after disc hit, wait until the apex of the bounce do 6HS(1) into j.S with an extremely slight delay into j.D; fall quite a bit before doing 9dj.D; hit the last dj.D earlier than you think land 6HS(1) to relaunch and complete the combo. does 201dmg; for reference a standard disc hit combo off 2D does 167 and a relaunch does 193.