Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Teyah

[Xrd] Millia Combo Discovery Thread

deep corner [j.HS pin land dash 6HS(2) SG] and [j.HS pin land SG] both have their uses; it depends if you think the opponent will up-back/dp/whatever. also it's important to note that when you do a combo like 2HS j.SD IAD j.SHS(2) pin land SG~1646, the first 2 hits of SG will combo but the last 2 will not. This is due to the orb going offscreen and your proximity to the wall. Nakamura does a set-up like this:

j.HS pin land Secret Garden~1646: backdash {get pin} dash 2K 5D dash 6HS(2) 236HS 2KK {disc hit} 6HS(2) secret garden (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdckTj2mRNg#t=2m16s)

however if you do [j.HS(2) pin dash 6HS(2)] or [backdash] SG~1646 the last two hits will combo if the first do. this leaves you in a position to do meaty 2D/tk badmoon pick up pin into an air combo. additionally, if your combo started farther from the corner you can do 6HS(2) SG~2828.

also finally have this dustloop vs. faust corner combo consistently

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CB2l-pyL5Xs

the only tips I can give are after disc hit, wait until the apex of the bounce do 6HS(1) into j.S with an extremely slight delay into j.D; fall quite a bit before doing 9dj.D; hit the last dj.D earlier than you think land 6HS(1) to relaunch and complete the combo. does 201dmg; for reference a standard disc hit combo off 2D does 167 and a relaunch does 193.

Did you tray the patern 1828?

do you mean will deep corner j.HS(2) pin land SG~1828 make all hits of secret garden combo? if so the answer is still no. As I already said your proximity to the wall matters, not just the orb going offscreen. 

imo there's no real reason to ever use pin in throw combos for corner carry since turbofall now combos from j.HS letting you carry fullscreen for free. if you want a cool looking corner carry throw combo tho just steal nakamura tech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cid_SweQqU

also if you don't wanna do anything remotely hard you can even side switch and carry to a corner no matter where you are on the screen :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_zQ-oAw4tY

imo there's no real reason to ever use pin in throw combos for corner carry since turbofall now combos from j.HS letting you carry fullscreen for free. if you want a cool looking corner carry throw combo tho just steal nakamura tech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Cid_SweQqU

also if you don't wanna do anything remotely hard you can even side switch and carry to a corner no matter where you are on the screen :: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_zQ-oAw4tY

I like the 2nd one better.  Can make it hit more consistently for better oki. Replaced j.D with j.S though. Easier to do, minor damage difference. Good stuff. 

For throw combos with RC, in order to side switch or because the character can't be comboed by S(f) > 236236S, I do this:

THROW > RC, dash236H, 6H(1) > 214K(roll; switches sides), dash 2H > JC (jS)-jD > IADC, djS-djH

-dash236H input = 236,6H.  Also, the dash 2H can do funny things, resulting in doing it facing the opposite side, but still end up on the correct side when you do jump S/D afterwards. Also, on most characters, you can replace dash 2H with dash 6H. But with the exception of a few characters, it'll whiff unless you get the dash and 6H timing "just so".

I know I have it on stream somewhere, I'll post the vid in this post when I find it. If I remember right though, I think S(f) -> 236236S does more damage.

EDIT: found it https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EFnOg7s4ZN8#t=2859

EDIT: also in that same round, a pinless/tensionless corner carry combo https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EFnOg7s4ZN8#t=2927

combox for that:

POINT BLANK S-2H -> JC, jS-jD > IADC, djS-(delayed)djH(2), land, K > JC, jK-jS-jD > IADC, djP-jH > 236K

EDIT: just to point out, the above combo is more lenient the more momentum you have going into it.

A relaunch combo from the ground on axl:

Sc-2H > JC, jD > IADC, (slightly delayed)djS-(delayed)djP-djH(1), land, Sc-2H > JC, jS-jD > IADC, djS-djH

Also, have a tensionless throw combo on axl:

THROW, K > JC, jK > IADC, djK-djS-(super delayed)djH(1), land, Sc-2H > JC, jD > IADC, djS-djH > 236K

What are some good corner combos? I already learned some stuff but only for midscreen. The only combos I have in corner are the ones with 236HS>stuff.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I am new to this character, so, many things that are obvious for most of you aren't that obvious for me lol. Thanks in advance.

Corner aircombo is the same as midscreen.

Relaunch combos are easier/possible in the corner but they aren't really worth it. They add around 10dmg but give the opponent twice the amount of burst a normal combo would.

A somewhat damaging corner relaunch combo would be something like this (only worth off of non prorated starters)

stuff into 2H j.S j.D iad j.S j.H(1) pin, land 6H (1) j.S j.D iad j.S j.H disc oki

Here's a corner combo you should incorporate into your game. Useful if they blocked your first mixup after disc oki.

6K or 2K c.5S or 2K 2S, S disc, link 5K j.K j.S j.D iad j.P/j.S j.H disc oki

Also you can do secret garden oki in the corner off the aircombo. After the normal bnb (opponent must be above you during j.H) cancel the 2nd or 3rd hit of j.H into pin, land and do 6H(2) 214H2H8H2H8H (patterns can vary).

Secret garden oki is favorable vs some characters (like Slayer, Axl with meter, Sol), not so much vs others (Bedman).

cute combo inspired by JUN stuffs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINWPn0irhE

214P {disc hit} 6HS(1)(L) 9j.214S j.D (hold 4) 2HS {picks up pin} j.D ADC j.S j.HS(2) pin land dash 6HS(2) secret garden

also it looks like baiting blitz shield isn't that tough in 1.1; saw a lot of upback delayed airdash, pin secret garden backdash and also using disc YRC to mess up blitz timings.

I've tested this combo and I think is the universal one:

xx > 2H > jc > j.KSD > delayed IAD > j.PH

I want y'all to test it too, It's always good to have a "anti-lag" bnb.

xx > 2H > jc > j.KSD > delayed IAD > j.PH ---> ultimate in safe BNB's

214P {disc hit} 6HS(1)(L) 9j.214S j.D (hold 4) 2HS {picks up pin} j.D ADC j.S j.HS(2) dash 6HS(2) secret garden , best combo ive seen , im gna try and recreate this , and maybe add additional hits and not end with secret garden,

214P {disc hit} 6HS(1)(L) 9j.214S j.D (hold 4) 2HS {picks up pin} j.D ADC j.S j.HS(2) dash 6HS(2) secret garden , best combo ive seen , im gna try and recreate this , and maybe add additional hits and not end with secret garden,

you can do 214P {disc hit} 6HS(1)(L) 9j.214S j.D (hold 4) 2HS {picks up pin} j.D ADC j.S j.HS(2)(L) land 5S2H j.D ADC j.S j.HS(2) pin land dash 6HS(2) secret garden, but it only does like +7 extra damage haha

you can also do this pin pickup combo off 2S/2D/tkbadmoon {disc hit} but it's somewhat inconsistent.

half screen double relaunch combos xx 2HS j.S j.D IAD j.S j.HS(1)(L) pin land IAD j.S j.D land 2HS {picks up pin} j.D IAD j.S j.HS(2) pin etc

this can also work at 3/4th screen, but results may vary.

half screen double relaunch combos xx 2HS j.S j.D IAD j.S j.HS(1)(L) pin land IAD j.S j.D land 2HS {picks up pin} j.D IAD j.S j.HS(2) pin etc

ummmm who did you do this on? this doesn't work on everyone im sure of that. i would post who u did this combo on and who else it works on.

ummmm who did you do this on? this doesn't work on everyone im sure of that. i would post who u did this combo on and who else it works on.

which characters are you having trouble with? I tested it on the entire cast and it works... so not sure how you're sure it doesn't haha. I can post a video with the character you're having trouble hitting this on to help with the timing.

As with full screen pin relaunch combos I've posted before, the timing of the j.S j.HS(1)(L) pin section is character specific (a la the amount of delay before pressing j.HS after xx j.D IAD j.S).

^funny, that's like this one combo i was messing with on sol awhile back.

the max spacing for it was, at the start of the match, airdash over sol and start with:

S-2H > JC jD > IAD jS (L)jH > j214S, land, IAD jS jD, land, pick up pin, 6H > JC jD > IAD jS (L)jH > j214S, land, 6H > JC jS jD > IAD jS jH

If I remember, did pretty good damage. Tried the iad sd on a couple other characters, found it a bit clunky timing wise. And since the damage isn't as good in the corner on characters you can straight up jD pin airdash jD, and only about 20 or so more than regular relaunches, it's just sorta meh considering the difficulty. If you are close enough to the corner, but not close enough for jD > pin, ad jD, then sure. Oh, don't bother with the extra launch. Just end with pin into secret garden. the 2nd relaunch just does a tiny bit more damage anyway.

Oh yeah, on some characters, you can do this in the corner...

raw 6K or low airdash jK jS land S/H into: 236S, 236236S, 236S, 2H -> aircombo.

do you have a video of this?